• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

4th Gen Trainer's Travelog

Re: Trainer's Travelog

Just defeated Bugsy, was a tough battle.
His scyther managed to take out my Totodile and Hoothoot. But not before Hoothoot took out his Kakuna and Metapod. However, it was a very close battle when we were both down to our last Pokemon. Luckily Flossy my Flaaffy pulled through for me again and fainted his scyther after careful use of a few flashes. I love you Flossy

I just defeated Bugsy too :).
And he was actually smart one, I'm impressed! He first sent out his Scyther to U-Turn and then switched Metapod out. My Sentret fainted because of U-Turn and I sent Croconaw to deal with Metapod. Metapod was easy one, but then he switched again Scyther in. Scyther managed to make a critical hit U-Turn and my Croconaw fainted. But my Rocky-Steelix beat that bug maniac with Rock Thower, wohoo.

I continued my way to Goldenrod City and the Headbutt man taught Headbutt to both Sentret and Steelix. Now I'm searching Aipom...

Okay, defeated Bugsy, cleared Ilex forest, fought underground trainers, obtained Radio Card.

Team:
Bayleef Lv. 24
Geodude Lv. 24
Tentacool Lv. 23

About to challenge Whitney. Wish me luck guys!

Heading to Fuchsia City.
Lapras (Lv. 50)
Scizor (Lv. 51)
Meganium (Lv. 46) (Replacing with Alakazam for the gym)
Gengar (Lv. 52)
Yanmega (Lv. 42) (Training with Exp. Share)
Ampharos (Lv. 48)

Spending some time at the battle frontier, a nice break from the gyms and the elite four. Plus, I want the items to start breeding.

Also Sentret isn't actually a part of my team. She's there only because she's cute and I love, how she follows me~.
I find Sentret to be quite cute too. The overworld sprite for Sentret was also done very well too, I just missed having one in the older games.

After a few times resetting for the ExtremeSpeed Dratini, I finally got a good natured female Dratini that should be very useful for my team later on. Maybe sometime in the Battle Frontier she will be part of a good team. I then went and defeated all of the Kimono Girls, they sure are hard though. The one Kimono Girl that I especially had trouble with taking down was the first one with the Umbreon, as its Confuse Ray and Dark Pulse kind of caught me. The most annoying was the Kimono Girl with the Jolteon as it kept using Double Team so I couldn't really get a hit in.

I really think the coolest part in this game so far is when you get past the Sage and are able to go on a ledge that is placed above where Lugia is. I also really like the animation once the Kimono Girls summon Lugia and it appears from the waterfall, it is just very cool.

So right now I am in the Whirl Islands trying to get a well natured Lugia, which I am hoping won't take very long to do. I just can't wait until I finally get to the Battle Frontier though!

Clair was quite difficult- especially the Gyarados, considering I didn't have any electric type moves. Dragon's Den was a pain- no, not the quest or the trainers, but the Dratini. I didn't have any space for the ESDratini, so I headed out to the city. My mum then phoned me about buying an item, so I went into the PokéMart to collect it. I then FORGOT to create some space in my party, therefore I couldn't collect the Dratini. And then I head all they way back out, to create some space in the PokéCenter.

I found the Kimono Girls relatively difficult to beat, especially Jolteon. I used Quagsire against it, but as Jolteon could only use Double Team, I couldn't get an Earthquake in. I certainly didn't think that scenario through. Bell Tower took me about twenty minutes to get through, but the great cutscene when the KGs summoned Ho-Oh was a great apology. And the battle itself? All my pokémon fainted 'cept my Quagsire, so I decided to slowly Surf the Ho-Oh. The Surf did a little each time. When Ho-Oh was in the red, I threw my first Ultra Ball, and... IT CAUGHT THE HO-OH!

Oh yes, I'm soooooo lucky. So here I am on Route 27, training for the Pokémon League...

When Ho-Oh was in the red, I threw my first Ultra Ball, and... IT CAUGHT THE HO-OH!

Oh yes, I'm soooooo lucky.

You sure are. When I was recording (I'll post soon), I had it down to 1 or 2 HP, and I put it to sleep. And most of the time, the Ultra Ball didn't even shake before that thing broke out! I was forced to use my Master Ball. (Good thing I didn't save that to my game.)

Unlucky you. I'm not using my Master Ball until I encounter Mewtwo.

I use Discharge instead of Thunder.
Um... Flamethrower?
I still have both of those. But if Discharge isn't enough, my Amphie dies, and I haven't figured out what to put on Ty. Hidden Power is Grass/44, the 44 is very much lame but Grass would S/E on two of Fire's resistancies, Water and Rock. Guides suggest Thunder Punch, but her Att is pretty cruddy.

So I guess at this point it's just keep grinding against the E4, maybe cap some more legends, beat Red, then play online until I get tired of losing?
Unlucky you. I'm not using my Master Ball until I encounter Mewtwo.
I got him with Premier. :D :| @_@

Have fourth badge (Morty was such a pain, but no gym leader has ever come close to being as big of a pain as Candice in Diamond)
Got beaten by a Pokemaniac with just a Kangaskan.
Defeated a Hiker.
Got beaten by a Hiker with a Geodude (darn that selfdestructer) and a Graveler. All three were on the B1F floor of union cave.
Team
Cindy (Quilava) lv. 27
Flaafy lv. 17
Togetic lv. 21 (thinking of trading in a shiny stone to evolve her)
Sandshrew lv. 14
Slowpoke lv. 16
Pineco lv. 13

^ Your team is really underleveled.

I'm about to pull my hair out trying to get a Timid Smeargle with Own Tempo...

Just became the champion of the Johto League. I really liked going at it at what I believe to be underlevel, since it made all the fights all the more intense. It was fantastic.

Orion [Meganium] Level 39
Anakaris [Ariados] Level 40
Jupiter [Ampharos] Level 39
Mercury [Slowking] Level 40
Kamui [Ursaring] Level 40
Aeria [Dragonair, temp until I catch Houndoom in Kanto] Level 34

Since my team is ridiculously slow [speed lowering nature Ampharos, naturally slow Slowking/Ariados XD], so I basically had to abuse Thunderwave [Ampharos, Dragonair]/Static [Ampharos], poisonpowder from my Meganium if I didn't need them to be slower, and reflect/light screen, also from Meganium.

gg Johto. Time for Kanto.

Success! It was a close call, and it took a million years of grinding but...
P1000515.png

Oh...god...my name got REALLY cut off.
You can't even see it, but it's Yuuka, 28 hours and something minutes, ID who-gives-a-damn. My picture-taking is so off...OTL

Current Team:
Espeon||Marisol ★ Lv. 54
Altaria||Sariel ★ Lv. 51
Lapras||Marina ★ Lv. 51
Ninetales||Topaz ★ Lv. 50
Heracross||Teflon ★ Lv. 50
Furret||Cherry ★ Lv. 25 [HM Slave]

Currently at the S.S Aqua.
Grinding in this game is NOT fun. ;_; Victory Road is lame and has no trainers, and the trainers you CAN fight are weaklings. The only other grinding method is losing to the E4 until you reach your desired level, which will leave you penniless by the time you're done.

Just defeated Bugsy with Flaafy, Croconaw and Pidgeotto. I loved the moving spider puzzle, nice touch!

I do enjoy having your lead Pokemon follow you around - I really wasn't very excited about that feature when it was announced but it's sweet how each Pokemon has different actions and expressions.

I have three amulet coins.
I have more than enough money to throw around, tbh. It's great.

I would rather go broke than have my mother ringing me every 2 minutes to tell me she bought me a potion. Seriously, I never get anything decent from her.

I have three amulet coins.
I have more than enough money to throw around, tbh. It's great.

I would rather go broke than have my mother ringing me every 2 minutes to tell me she bought me a potion. Seriously, I never get anything decent from her.

I got a lot of super effective attack-reducing berries, lol.
I have fire, water, ice, poison, ground, fighting, grass, psychic, rock, dragon, dark, ghost, bug, steel, and normal.
I also got a Choice Scarf and Focus Sash.

Back
Top Bottom