• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

4th Gen Trainer's Travelog

Re: Trainer's Travelog

Beat the E4...guess I'll train/prepare to take on Red

I travelled to Violet City.
Caught a Mareep (Flossy) & then a HootHoot (Dusk).
Levelled them up in sprout tower and I am now ready to face Faulkner.

Edit: Just destroyed Faulkner with Flossy, she evolved after the battle!

Okay I'm in the WHirl Islands and in Lugia's chamber (after getting lost too many times) and now I am desperately trying to catch him goos thing I have a great supply of Dusk Balls (maybe I should've trained my pokes forst...)

Okay I'm in the WHirl Islands and in Lugia's chamber (after getting lost too many times) and now I am desperately trying to catch him goos thing I have a great supply of Dusk Balls (maybe I should've trained my pokes forst...)

do what i did, instead of damaging lugia, just lob dusk/ultra balls in the beginning. i got lucky and caught it on the 4th turn

I tried Red twice today with a team averaging level 58...yeah, guess how well that turned out? My Nidoking was actually able to OHKO his Pikachu with Earthquake both times (barely surviving Iron Tail to do so), but Lapras majorly slowed me up and Snorlax essentially ground me to a halt (or a pulp, whichever). The fact that there's hail throughout the battle also threw me for a loop - not only the passive damage, but the fact that several of his team members have Blizzard, and my team has some glaring Ice weaknesses.

Also, I barely beat the leveled-up Elite Four for the first time - Lance's Garchomp just loves abusing Outrage.

Woah. I'm just outside Ecruteak training Zane (Gastly) and Raikou popped up D: I was like "woah that's fast" considering I only made the Legendary Beasts run away an hour ago...

Just beaten Falkner, with a team of:
Gaia (Chikorita) Lvl. 16
Alexandria (Flaaffy) Lvl. 16

And I have done the Arceus event.. there is one Adamant Giratina sitting in my box right now :p.

do what i did, instead of damaging lugia, just lob dusk/ultra balls in the beginning. i got lucky and caught it on the 4th turn

Actually they're in the high 50s so they can take hits (plus he's more defensive than offensive)

Just defeated Lance in rematch.

Lessons learned:
Pack more than one Ice attack because my Vaporeon isn't always available.
A slow dragon is a dead dragon against any other dragon.
Fly on Ho-oh was better than anticipated.
Rest is a pain in the ass, but it is a losing strategy as long as your PP holds out.
Xatu's Wish combines well with Revive to save a potion.
$30000 is a nice prize.
My Typhlosion needs some new moves. I'm still dragging Ember around.
My Ampharos isn't paying the bills. Either Thunder hits, or she dies. It may be time to find a new sparkplug.

Just defeated Morty (and I just woke up). Zane evolved and I traded him over to Platinum and back, and he evolved once more :3 I love the Berry Pots <3

Party Pokémon:

Gengar (Zane) - ♂ - Level 25
Quilava (Kade) - ♂ - Level 28
Poliwag (Dominic) - ♂ - Level 19 (must train him up now!)
Bayleef (April) - ♀ - Level 25
Flaaffy (Ikimi) - ♂ - Level 22
Pidgeotto (Eirin) - ♀ - Level 20

Zane will be going in my PokéWalker and accompanying me in the PokéWalker to a CoD: Modern Warfare 2 tournament this afternoon. :D

Just entered Slowpoke's well with:
Riptide (Totodile)
Dusk (Hoothoot)
Flossy (Flaaffy)

Time to get Team Rocket ;)

I'm currently training my team for Bugsy. I beat Team Rocket in Slowpoke Well just a while ago and now I'm hunting Hoppip for Pokédex. And Joey the youngster calls me at least ten times in a day! What annoying boy :D!

~ Totodile (Tutti), lvl 16
~ Spinarak (Happy), lvl 15
~ Onix (Rocky), lvl 13
~ Sentret (Bulla), lvl 12
~ Zubat (Blueberry), lvl 11

I really like my Zubat, but I'm not sure, if I keep her in my team. Also Sentret isn't actually a part of my team. She's there only because she's cute and I love, how she follows me~.

Cleared the Sprout Tower last night and came out of it with a newly evolved Kakuna, and a high-ish levelled Pidgey. Unfortunately, Totodile didn't see much action in there apart from barely taking down the two Hoothoot. I also attempted the Violet Gym without saving before calling it a night, just to see how I could fare with my team in its current state. Suffice to say, they were completely ripped apart by Falkner's boosted Pidgeotto. I half-expected this to be the case, hence why I didn't save before the battle.

Next time I play, i'll train my Pokemon a little more. I'm undecided at the moment about adding a Mareep to my team, which would obviously be a fantastic help in taking down Falkner's birds.

Current team:
Totodile - Lv 10
Pidgey - Lv 12
Kakuna - Lv 8

Defeated Falkner, and training on Rt 32.
Team: Bayleef(level 18), Geodude(level 18), Tentacool(lvl 10).

Guys, ever tried training a Level 10 Tentacool? You need tremendous patience to do that for sure.

I travelled to Goldenrod, and took my good 30 mins exploring it. My, isn't that city huge. Got the bike but I still prefer to run. I like to have my Totodile bitting my feet, I suppose.

Speaking of Totodile, he evolved, and now he's a happy Croconaw whose Overoworld sprite is of my size... The rest of the team is still in the basic forms.

I beat Whitny, and her Miltank gave me some trouble. She kept using Stomp and Super potions and even Machop's Karate Chop would take like 20% of her HP. Fortunately, Gastly's Curse was my salvation. Aleluia, a challenge!

Currently, team levels range from 18 to 19, with the HM Slave happily staying at lvl 15.

So, I did a few more things yesterday. I left Goldenrod and went happily to the national park. There, I participated in the bug catching contest, which I won with a female Butterfree. Then, I tried the Pokéathlon, and no need to say I lost. I pwned the NPCs on one of the JUMP events (that one of the disk catching) but I was pwned in the rest, especially that one with a colourful thing your Pokés use to jump. iSlave (Furret) rulled the jumping race, but the others didn't do so well, with Chombek (Croconaw) arriving last :\

Then, I finally arrived at Ecruteak. I must say I love the general feel of the city. I saved one of the Kimono girls, a boy got pissed at me because he wanted to be the hero and I went to the Burning Tower.

I kicked SILVER's butt and now I'm going to play again. I think I have to get strength somewhere...

And the battle team (Noctowl, Croconaw, Machop and Gastly) are all between level 21 and 22. iSlave still at 15, like always.

I just defeated Falkner in a pulsating battle. After training Totodile to the same level as Pidgey (Lv 12 incidentally), I took on the Gym and quickly defeated the two trainers before challenging the bird leader.

To my dismay, my Pidgey missed with Tackle TWICE in the first two turns, thus giving his Pidgey two free hits. Frustrated, I tried Gust which only dealt a little damage. However, my Pidgey held on with 1 HP to ground the opponent. Then came Pidgeotto, who I pitted Totodile against. Totodile put a significant dent in its HP before it was taken down by Pidgeotto, with thanks to a Potion to restore its HP once. Thankfully it didn't use Roost the turn before it defeated Totodile, and to my absolute delight Pidgey delivered the final blow at 1 HP still with the Quick Attack that it learned upon levelling up against Falkner's Pidgey.

I feel a little cheap about using a Potion on Totodile, but I guess the fact that Tackle missed twice meant that I had to level things out a little lol.

It's now time to journey south towards Azalea after gaining the Zephyr Badge and collecting the Egg from Elm's Aide in the Pokemart.

Current Team:
Totodile - Lv 12
Pidgey - Lv 13
Kakuna - Lv 8
Egg

Okay, so now I'm gonna take on Bugsy. Defeated Proton in Slowpokewell and levelled up Tentacool.

So now, the team is:
Bayleef Lv. 20
Geodude Lv. 20
Tentacool Lv. 20.

So Gyarados is gonna be my HM Slave.

I'm about to battle Clair, but I'm training at Route 45 currently.

Meganium, Lv.40
Pidgeot, Lv.40
Quagsire, Lv.39
Machamp, Lv.39
Bellsprout, Lv.3
Geodude, Lv.17

The last two are HM Slaves. After I defeat Lance, I'll start the game again cos I'm not satasfied with my team.

Just defeated Lance in rematch.

Lessons learned:
Pack more than one Ice attack because my Vaporeon isn't always available.
A slow dragon is a dead dragon against any other dragon.
Fly on Ho-oh was better than anticipated.
Rest is a pain in the ass, but it is a losing strategy as long as your PP holds out.
Xatu's Wish combines well with Revive to save a potion.
$30000 is a nice prize.
My Typhlosion needs some new moves. I'm still dragging Ember around.
My Ampharos isn't paying the bills. Either Thunder hits, or she dies. It may be time to find a new sparkplug.
I use Discharge instead of Thunder.

Back
Top Bottom