• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

A choice of life: who would you be?

Hmm, I could really picture myself going off from my family at the age of ten. But dear god, I was so naive and wouldn't have any idea what to do. I'd be sure to pack tons of food with me or most likely eat at the Pokemon Center. I think I would rather be a trainer since I sort of dislike contests, especially Super Contests. *shudder*

My starting point would most likely be over at the Sevii Islands. Why? Well, I always found that place to be an interesting yet difficult place to start, given that I would have to sail the sea in order to set foot on the mainland. I think I would start with a water pokemon due to the fact that I'm fond of them. I'd rather start with a Staryu. Just to be different than the majority of the starting trainers. I would most likely train over there for some time before moving onto the mainland. And, I'd go form there. :3

Ooh, now writing a fic about myself sounds appealing. xD

Ooh, now writing a fic about myself sounds appealing. xD

I did. It's funner then most people think, because you can insert yourself into whatever picture you want. I made myself Marina's sister and traveld around with Buggsy and Whitney, then with Cissy, then with Todd and Erika, then with Drew, then with Anabel, then with Kenny and Lucas.

Of course, it was only part self-insert because the charactor didn't look like me or have the same name. She was my doppleganger other then that though. She was also loosly based on the female protagonist in Crystal, akin to how Ash is based off of Red.

Last edited:
I'd start off with a charmander in Kanto. Go through and right before I get to pewter gym I'd somehow see a treecko and use charmander to capture it. I'd got through kanto with these two and end up with a charizard and a sceptile. I'd beat the league, go and win in the islands and win in the frontier. I'd go and win in Johto, turn down offer to be an elite member. Go to Hoenn and find contest. Make a contest team and win the evergrande festival and then go on to the league and destroy them with charizard, sceptile and whatever hoenn pokemon i'd have. Then i'd go to sinnoh and beat both the contest and the league and become the most reverred trainer in all the regions with charizard and sceptile as my two mascot pokemon.

I'll start off with a scyther in kanto..
I won all the gym badges in kanto and scyther evolved into scizor. I'd go to Hoenn, Johto, Sinnoh and added more pokemons into my pokemon team. I'd travel alone from region to region.

This is my story...

I would start out by leaving my house at an early age.
I never really cared for my family, and my friends are few, as I don't fit in with anyone.

I would start in the Hoenn region, probably in a larger city, like Rustboro, as I was born in one.
I would get a pokemon (probably trapinch) and leave, traveling on foot toward the wilderness.
I'd probably live mostly on my own in the woods at the foot of Mt. Chimney, and east of Verdanturf town, towards the desert.

A mysterious young traveler/merchant, I'd make good money through scavenged, and hand-crafted goods.
I'd be famous, yet almost invisible, thriving in the outside world, and studying human society.

I'd always help anyone I'd come across, though never staying too long to let them find out much about me.
At some point in time, I'd help a girl (just a little younger than me) who would be lost, hurt, and alone.
She'd end up tailing me around, being bossy, yet soft-hearted, and join me in my quest.

I'd be a master trainer, raising mostly grass, ground, and dark pokemon, though dragons are my favorite.
(I can't stand the cold, as could be seen from my unintentional pokemon preferance.)
My favorite non-legendary pokemon include (just to prove a point):
Flygon (#1)
Cradilly
Umbreon
Tyranitar
Torterra
Parasect

My friend, (eventually my wife), (I'll call her Kim), would probably raise mostly fire and ghost pokemon, as it suits her personality.

We would easily achieve victory over the gyms and elite four, though refuse to stay and battle as the new champs.
We would take our accumulated wealth and build our own mini-society, allowing anyone to join.
The society would be greatly in touch with nature, in spite of the size town you were in.

Then, between Kim and I, we would raise multiple teams of pokemon for the multiple gyms we build.
They would be specially raised, allowing trainers to test their strength at the gyms in any order.
The gym leaders would be our few trusted friends, who would keep our identities secret.
What they would battle would be based on their number of badges.
We would also create our own pokemon league, ourselves being the champions you battle.

Everyone around would know us, but still be left in the dark as to who we are.
Anyone who meets me would see a funny, casual, smart-a**, unaware of the power and inteligence i wield.
(Urahara from bleach, if that gives you any idea.)

Our identities would be more secretive than Giovanni's.
Of course, we would also have an underground organization, but nothing like team rocket.
The organization would also be composed of my close friends as well, covertly maintaining peace within our society.
We would hire kids to help us as well, but it would be more like a game to them, a cover-up for ourselves.

Heck, I'd do that kind of thing for real, if I could create my own society...
Or if I wouldn't be arrested for running away and living in some random woods...
I'd need a friend to start out as well... (that's why pokemon would ROCK!)

Being a coordinater/ Trainer would be my life. I'd have a Teddiursa, Espeon, Scyther, Sunflora, and aPontya. Then I would have a little girl, and live in peace...

I'd have an arcanine to ride and also a scyther and kabutops. i would have swords. id kill the evil team people. i'd open up a school in my older days to teach people my skills.

I'd wanna be a trainer and a coordinator. Crushing everyone in the Pokemon League and the Grand Festival would be cool!

EDIT: Of couse I'd start with Charmander and then if its like the anime and you could catch wild starters I'd catch a wild Treecko. They'd both evolve fully.

I be a pokemon master start on a journey in pallet town start with charmender go battle trainers and gym leader and catch some pokemon care about pokemon and travel and do the pokemon leage try to win and go to more place a battle gyms and trainer like ash

Last edited:
I'd start in littleroot and go throughh hoenn, beat the E4 there. I'd start with a treecko maybe. Maybe try to get a torchic somehwere. I'd evolve them fully. I'd try and befried a few pokemon early on, maybe zigzagoon, ralts, lotad and make them stronger and catch them.

After I beat Hoenn league, I'd probably move to Johto and start up a large glasshouse for breeding plant/bug pokemon for people and maybe a few other types. After doing this for a peorid of time, I'd close up there for a while and beat the Johto league, travel and catch some more pokemon and go to Kanto/Sevii and then Orange Islands. Come back to Johto and open breeding for a while then go to sinnoh and catch/train/battle there and beat the Sinnoh league too.

I'd definatly try and see all legendaries... start with either ho-oh or lugia then see.

If I could, I would start in New Bark Town, Johto with my Cyndaquil, with then goal of defeating the Elite Four. After that, I would travel to Kanto and build my reputation there with the ultimate challenge of conquering Mt. Silver.

A few years later I would travel to Hoenn where to become the Champion and would stay in Ever Grande to defend my title.

When I lose the title I would go to Battle Frontier, trying to collect all the Frontier Symbols and only after a few years I would start my trip throw Sinnoh.

Contests have never really been my thing, and I don't have the patience to be a breeder or anything of the sort.

Therefore I'd be a trainer in Sinnoh. I'd start off with a Ralts with no hesitation (she's so cute~~). I'd exclusively train Psychic and Ghost type Pokemon (the only exception being Octillery because it's so useful and I like it). I would train psychologically before even thinking about going off and challenging gyms; I want to explore my dark corners and know myself (and my Pokemon) better. Then, with newfound confidence, I'd set off to become a world-class Champion. C:

Once I'm world renown, I'd probably start taking younger trainers in as apprentices and traveling to the other regions (with or without them, but with my beloved Gardevoir for sure).

I'd be a trainer who occasionally goes for a Pokemon Contest. I'd like to spend most of my time Underground, since I'm good at finding treasures. I'd be in Sinnoh, of course.

I would go on a journey and then start a gym in my hometown. (Mahogany Town if i was in Johto)

I wanna be just like Ash! I'd invite my friends to a journey until we all become successful... I just don't want my friends leaving like what Misty and May did. I hope Dawn doesn't leave this time.

Hmm, tough one. Id probably go join Ash and the others. If Brock ever left again I could establish myself as the new third wheel:)
Lets use the poekmon I have in my daydreams. I have a male Pikachu that focuses on physical tail attacks, a female one that focuses on long range electricity, a powerful shy kinda gayish male Raichu, an overconfident and powerful female Pichu, and a Plusle&Minun who use electric pom-poms as attacks.
I could use the Pikachus and Pichu for gyms and the Plusle&Minun for contests. The Raichu can go either way.

Start off as a Coordinator, then meet up with one or two others (preferably Diamond or Pearl) and join them to cheer them on (still partaking in Contests while with them).

Once when my sister was being a 10-year-old jerk so I yelled at her: "If this was the pokemon world, we would have kicked you out of the house by now!" It didn't make the impact I hoped it would have.

I'd start off in Johto, in Ecruteak City because I love the Tin Tower (best music ever). I'd get my first pokemon from my dad or brother or something, but I'd eventually be a Team ---- member, hands down. I've always wanted to be a bad guy! C:<

I'd start from the Johto region with a totodile as my starter which would later evolve into a feraligatr, somewhere along the journey I'd catch a furret(because i think it looks cool as a pet), charmander and a pikachu...

While in johto I'll also be looking out for may...

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom