• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Advanceshipping General Discussion

Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

I hope I didn't sound too pessimistic but whatever...

Nice AMV...haven't seen a one since ever, let alone motivated me to draw(I'm lazy tbh). It's nice to see Ash feeling a way that his times w/ May left an impact on him. Too bad I was itching to know that Ash would meet May again at the end of DP, but oh well...w/ that thrown outta a window and we're at Best Wishes, yes. We can at least acknowledged that Ash kept May's gift, yay!<3333333

Happy AdvanceShipping Day, everyone! :party:

Happy AdvanceShipping day! :3

Let's look at our first hints <3

i185565865_90199_3.gif

i185565868_13464_3.gif

They were our first, and our first solid hint X3

Aww! <3 AdvanceShipping is so effin' adorable. I'm still amazed by the fact that AS is the only ship to gain its first hint by its first episode. *hint hint*

That was a pretty good AMV, by the way.

And to end my post, one of the most memorable AdvanceShippy scenes:

AdvanceShipping.jpg

From Date Expectations, the epitome of AdvanceShippiness. And it still goes strong! :D

Aww! <3 AdvanceShipping is so effin' adorable. I'm still amazed by the fact that AS is the only ship to gain its first hint by its first episode. *hint hint*

AdvanceShipping.jpg

From Date Expectations, the epitome of AdvanceShippiness. And it still goes strong! :D
Hoorrraaayyy for hint memories :banana::banana::banana::banana:

AdvanceShipping.jpg

picture.php

I think this was from AG03 or AG04.
ahhh, how I love AdvanceShipping and Pokemon...
If the picture didn't work, heres the link: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/picture.php?albumid=3501&pictureid=40211

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

HAPPY ADVANCESHIPPING DAY!:cheer:

CALL SUM PIZZA PLACE, CUZ WE'RE GETTING SUM SAUSAGE PIZZA ALL DA WAY! Let's get sum booze and invite strangers over who doesn't know squat about our ship we adore.

AND LET'S EGG SUM RIVAL SHIPPER'S HOUSES! YEAH EGGING!

picture.php

May: Hey Ash, I know what I want for our anniversary!

Ash: Then what do you want?

May:ur sausage, no doubt!:naughty:

Max: Oh she did not just crossed the line...

**SHOT** **SHOT**

srry that I'm being sum crazy...>_<

Last edited:

@Dracoman -WingsofRain- is her FF.net account.

@Rocker Nooo! Don't go!

Happy Advanceshipping Day everyone!

i185577229_65091_3.jpg

"We'll be stuck here forever"

Strange that she's blushing ;D

FF.net? I don't know what that is.

Well I guess we should still make the best of ADV Day. And, of course, my contribution is one of my infamous song parodies, this one based on the theme from The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. I posted this in the May Fan Club, so some of you might have seen it already. For those of you who haven't, enjoy.

Now this is the story all about how
My life got flipped—turned upside-down
And I’d like to take a minute; just sit down, then
I’ll tell you how I became Princess of a land called Hoenn

In South-Central Petalburg, born and raised
In my dad’s gym was where I spent most of my days
Chillin’ out, maxxin’, relaxin’ and havin’ fun
Always hangin’ out with Daddy’s Pokemon
When a couple o’ guys and their Pokemon crew
Came here straight from Kanto to my neighborhood
We had a few little scrapes with Team Rocket, then
They said, “We’re here because we want all the badges of Hoenn.”
I went and travelled with them day after day
And my little brother came with us on our way
I got me my ‘Dex, and then I got me my Torchic
But for it to be strong, I knew I really should coach it
Contests—yo, those are fine
Using moves in a way that is so sublime
Is that really what I should do with my life
Hmm…it might be all right
But now I’m getting’ rivals like Drew and Harley
And they’re doin’ what they can to make me feel sorry
I don’t think so; I’m trouncin’ them all when
We get to the Grand Festival of Hoenn

The fifth ribbon from Pacifidlog Town
Was the last one that I needed from my contest go-round
I ain’t never throwin’ in the towel; I can win this
I went straight to Slateport to prove I was the best
I breezed through the prelims, but then it got tough
I lost to Solidad, and that was enough
If anything, I could say that I sure had fun
And with Ash, Brock, and Max, we sure rocked Hoenn

I’ve been out and about throughout Kanto and Johto
I even took a trip to the Wallace Cup in Sinnoh
People all love me everywhere that I’ve been
And that’s why I’m called the Princess of Hoenn

Okay, maybe it's not about ADV per se, but it is about May, and that's just as good as far as I'm concerned.

FF.net = Fanfiction.net. Its a website that has Fanfiction. Fanfiction is regular people writing stories about the Pokemon characters.

Well I guess we should still make the best of ADV Day. And, of course, my contribution is one of my infamous song parodies, this one based on the theme from The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. I posted this in the May Fan Club, so some of you might have seen it already. For those of you who haven't, enjoy.

Okay, maybe it's not about ADV per se, but it is about May, and that's just as good as far as I'm concerned.

OMG you made my day w/ dat song!:ksmile: lolz maybe I can do a comic adaptation to that song.:sweatlol:

Hi people, don't forget about me...

Haven't been around for awhile haha...

I didn't know my B'day was one day before AS day haha if only it was on the 20th then I can be proud to say I share my B'day with Advanceshipping birth... Happy AS day. So here's some screenshots.
picture.php

Ash meet me in my room later *wink*

May you want to do that!!

picture.php

He is her Knight in Shining Armour

Hi people, don't forget about me...

Haven't been around for awhile haha...

I didn't know my B'day was one day before AS day haha if only it was on the 20th then I can be proud to say I share my B'day with Advanceshipping birth... Happy AS day. So here's some screenshots.

picture.php

Ash meet me in my room later *wink*

May you want to do that!!
lol at caption. I hope they don't do that, I think their too young.

Happy AdvanceShipping Day for the second time! :party:

i185577229_65091_3.jpg

"We'll be stuck here forever"

Strange that she's blushing ;D

Strange ain't it? May didn't have to blush did she? ;P

It stands for Fanfiction.net. The name says it all. Though, it's practically overrun by Poke/Contest/Ikari fics. You'd be lucky to find half the amount of AS fics. Luckily, most of the AS fics on FF.net are good.

That's good, Dracoman! I liked it. :thumbup:

How about the age-old topic so our newer fans can have a chance to answer it?

What are your top 5 AdvanceShipping hints?

Cliche, I know. But it is AdvanceShipping Day, after all. So to answer the topic.

5. True Blue Swablu
When May wants to stay and help Swablu's injuries get better, Ash generously tells her, "You're going to take any time you need to help your buddy out," even though he really wanted to get going to the Fortree Gym.

4. A Full Course Tag Battle!
May joins up with Ash, Brock, and Dawn in Sinnoh. Later that day, in the evening, Ash and May both pull out their halves of the ribbon that they tied for, and hold the pieces together. May also says how the ribbon reminds her of Ash's encouragement, and how it has saved her numerous times in Johto.

3. The Bicker the Better
Considered to be the first episode where AdvanceShipping was made blatant to the audience, Ash and May are confronted by Oscar and Andi, a young couple who are obsessed with the idea of love and romance.
When Oscar and Andi call Ash and May a "happy couple," the two of them quickly deny it and turn their backs to one another, crossing their arms. Ash says sarcastically, "That's a laugh!" and May adds, "Hardy har har!" Oscar and Andi do not stop there, and continue to call them a couple. Ash and May scream, "We're not a couple!" in unison, with the same body language, followed by, "And we're not happy either!" in the same tone in which Oscar and Andi state that they 'both answered together' further causing tensions between the two.
As the episode pours on, Ash and May continue to argue and bicker back and forth, presumably to get their minds off the idea of being called a couple by Oscar and Andi. After a tag battle against Jessie and James at the end, Ash and May sincerely forgive each other for their argument, and deeply apologize as they stare at each other while the sunset closes behind them.

2. Movie 9
As Ash and May go swimming with Manaphy, they swim right into a school of Luvdisc, the Pokémon thought to symbolize love. This is accompanied by shots of Ash and May looking at each other and smiling, while still surrounded by the Luvdisc.
When Samiya was being flooded with water, Ash put May, Pikachu, and Manaphy in a capsule left behind by The Phantom, allowing them to survive should his plan to replace the crystal fail. May continued to pray for Ash's safety and was nearly driven to tears when she thought he wouldn't make it back. Manaphy sent May's prayers to Ash, and with these thoughts spurring him on, Ash recovered from his near-drown state and replaced the crystal, saving the Samiya.
After the Samiya is raised, May leaves the capsule, at the beginning thrilled that the temple is saved. (In the Japanese language version of the movie, she acknowledges that Satoshi is the one who saved the Temple by saying "This is Satoshi's doing, isn't it?") Her happiness, however, is quickly replaced by sadness with the fear that Ash hasn't returned. "It can't be..." she says. "No way..." Her joy returns as soon as Ash flies up out of the water and chases down Captain Phantom and saves the abducted Manaphy. In the manga adaption of the movie, when May and Pikachu are unsure of whether or not Ash survived trying to save the Sea Temple, she clutches Pikachu and is tearing up, but still retains hope in Ash by saying, "Ash wouldn't leave us like this..."
It is also noted that at multiple points during the movie, Manaphy seems very happy around Ash, best exemplified by the fact that it seemed content and happy in Ash's arms, when it's seen to only to accept May's company, even using Heart Swap to switch between Ash and Jack Walker when the latter held it and immediately regaining its happiness afterward. Many Shippers suggest that Manaphy has chosen Ash to be his 'father'.

1. Date Expectations
In the middle of the episode, Ash and May are separated from the group. May does her expedition routine and thinks about the concept of being lost with Ash in the woods forever. This idea causes her to have little red blushes on her cheeks. During the last act of the episode, May misses her chance to catch the ferry to her final Contest. In despair, she starts to cry. Sensing her pain, Ash puts his hands on her shoulders and stares at her deeply in the eyes, giving her the courage to go on while he takes care of her little brother. This is the first time in the series that Ash had ever put his hands on a girl in a serious and compassionate manner.

All quotes are from the AdvanceShipping page in Bulbapedia.

Back
Top Bottom