• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Animal Crossing: New Leaf Mafia: END GAME! TOWN WINS 21/06/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Animal Crossing: New Leaf Mafia: Day 2: Re-Tail Therapy 31/05/14

Froakie seems a bit too uncaring about how the lynch on Day 1 went, it's a bit of a town tell to move past a mislynch and pick at other suspects (like how she did with Soulmaster) as people can play it off as "town not having info". Interesting comment from Soulmaster though so not to say it wasn't helpful but for now Vote Froakie.

So you're telling me the fact I'm moving on from it is a towntell yet you still vote me?

Vote: Zima

The fact that you "didn't see" my vote on Midori even though the game was 5 posts in, and then still kept your vote when confronted about it strikes me as odd. I understand you might have real life obligations but there is still time left in this phase and if you can convince me otherwise I'll remove my vote.

No of course not, you didn't hear me say that. I just said that gastlygibus' statement of saying that people who didn't vote are less suspicious than those who did vote is completely wrong.

Except I never said that. >_>

I said that participating in a bandwagon doesn't make them town. Not every mafia member is going to behave the same way; some might prefer to wait on the sidelines as you said earlier, and that can be a good scumtell, but others might actively pursue and hunt other players in order to appear town as well. It's all about analyzing each individual player's behavior, statements, and reasoning.

The reasoning for voting Midorikawa was not logically sound. Therefore, I became suspicious of the people who voted for her.

Hang on a moment.

I actually have real life reasons for my inactivity, and I'm sorry I can't keep up much anymore.

Zexy knows what those reasons are, so I don't even understand why he'd be one to vote me.

You've been on in other parts of the forum. Why weren't you in this ​thread when we mentioned you Day 1?

Indeed, Zima, I know that you don't have as much time as before, but I thought you would care to give us some insight after all the mentions, especially since you are active on other parts of the forum as already stated. I would understand if the time issue is this serious, but you actually gave us one more post, yet you did not even try to explain your actions in that one.

Froakie seems a bit too uncaring about how the lynch on Day 1 went, it's a bit of a town tell to move past a mislynch and pick at other suspects (like how she did with Soulmaster) as people can play it off as "town not having info". Interesting comment from Soulmaster though so not to say it wasn't helpful but for now Vote Froakie.

So you're telling me the fact I'm moving on from it is a towntell yet you still vote me?
Mafia can behave the same way and pass it off as a town tell.

Less than two ours before the phase ends. Here are the votes so far;

Zima 5 (HumanDawn, Farfetchd the Vigilante, Zexy, Beck, Oswin)
Soulmaster 1 (Froakie)
Froakie 1 (sharkshocker)
Oswin 1 (Shiny Ditto)

I just hoped to give her an oppurtunity. Oh well.... your right it would be pretty hard to remove 5 votes.

But not impossible. Oswin is around.

UNVOTE: Zima
VOTE: Froakie

Honestly, being "busy" isn't enough for me. If she had just posted once more......

I'll feel awful if she flips town, but there's a lot of evidence.

I'm just giving her the benefit of doubt for now.
Not that it matters much, I mostly did it in case you and Oswin wanted to follow suit.

I suppose at this point I'm rather late to the party, and even though it won't matter much, I'm just going to go ahead and...

Vote: Froakie

Still hasn't given us a reason for voting Midori, and then attempts to wave it away by saying it helped us. You had no way of knowing that beforehand, but you voted her anyways.

I suppose at this point I'm rather late to the party, and even though it won't matter much, I'm just going to go ahead and...

Vote: Froakie

Still hasn't given us a reason for voting Midori, and then attempts to wave it away by saying it helped us. You had no way of knowing that beforehand, but you voted her anyways.

Wrong, it matters enough. After this, Zima has 4 votes, Froakie 3. Quite close.

Votes locked. Update pending.

Re: Animal Crossing: New Leaf Mafia: Night 2: Misfortune 02/06/14

Isabelledeathannouncement_zps0f725d5c2_zpse07ed5da.png

Zima
Acnl-katrina_zps49ebfbe0.png

Katrina

Many people know you as a psychic. You have a natural gift that involves being able to ward off bad luck using special items, usually ones readily available to buy from Nookling Junction! Each night you may give a player a lucky item. Once that player has been given the item, their good fortune will ward off attackers throughout the night.

To protect a player each night, PM me with the phrase "Protect: Name".

You are allied with the Town. The Town will be safe when all threats have been eliminated.

Katrina's words echoed ~ "Remember, the bad times are just times that are bad"

images_zps612c3820.jpg

*Notice Board*
Zima has been killed.

@Clusiana; has agreed to sub for @Marius;

It is now Night 2. You may start sending in your night actions.This phase will end at approximately 1am GMT on 03/06/14. 14/16 players remain.

1 @HumanDawn;
2 @Mijzelffan;
3 @Clusiana;
4 @Soulmaster;
5 @Zima;
6 @Zexy;
7 @Shiny Ditto;
8 @sharkshocker;
9 @Beck;
11 @GastlyGibus;
12 @Froakie;
13 @Oswin;
14 @FinalArcadia;
15 @Farfetchd the Vigilante;
16 @acs1903;

Last edited:

Doctor :(

This is why you don't lynch people for inactivity. >_>

Confirming!

All right, so, I've read the thread all the way through, and there's one main thing I've noted that's really bothering me: FtV's participation in the Zima lynch.

FtV just kept their vote on Zima even when she had literally no chance to defend herself at the time, instead just sitting back and letting a mislynch happen when she really deserved the benefit of the doubt at that time, even throwing in a pointless emotional... thing. I don't know the word, but, like: "I'll feel awful if she flips town," which means FtV was by no means certain of her being mafia, and coupled with "if she had just posted once more," it really begs why she didn't unvote if he was so unsure of Zima's alignment, y'know? And even saying that there was a lot of evidence... except there really wasn't, and if there was really so much evidence, why did she seem so iffy on Zima's alignment, even saying that one more post could've swayed her?

It's just a big clusterfuck of contradictions that total out to FtV taking no real stance on the Zima lynch (which, may I note, is neutrality, and yet, she was somehow confident enough to let Zima be ML'd) which really, really bothers me. And her vote was literally the difference between Zima being lynched and there being a tie, so if she really was that indecisive, I don't get why she wouldn't unvote and let Zima, I dunno, have a fair chance. Like, sure, NLs suck, and Zima had more than enough to defend herself, but my issue here is that she never did give a defense, and any town member should at least want to listen to a defense before just recklessly lynching. And FtV even said she wanted to "give her an opportunity," yet, when she had every ability to give Zima an opportunity, she just let it slide and let her be lynched anyway? It just reeks of scumminess to me, all these contradictions in his words vs. her behaviors, especially considering the ML it resulted in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom