• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Animal Crossing: New Leaf Mafia: END GAME! TOWN WINS 21/06/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Animal Crossing: New Leaf Mafia: Night 2: Misfortune 02/06/14

ಠ_ಠ

Okay. Play dirty, guys. Fine, don't give me a fucking chance.

Good luck, everyone!

*gets a cop claim in less than two hours after being subbed in* lol

If you counterclaim, please let me know as soon as possible! I get that this sounds super shady, but, well.

For what it's worth, fishing for cop like this if I have nobody to say is the other claim is absolutely absurd and is kind of a death wish, so me trying to pull this off as mafia is way too risky and stupid, and on top of that, counterclaiming cop now is actually pretty good, since even without a doctor, a counterclaim ensures your safety, in a way, as the mafia can't attempt to kill who they think is cop without sacrificing one of their own, y'know? It's kind of like insurance, for lack of a better term. So, uh, yeah. Thank you!

Sorry Zima.

I don't know why you guys are blaming me specifically.
We gave her the oppurtunity for a defense long before this. I wasnt sure, I'll admit. But I had more evidence on her than any other player. What did you want me to do? I could've removed my vote, but it wouldn't have mattered anyway.
I had no other suspicions.

The only one who even spoke about my vote was Zexy.

This is why you don't lynch people for inactivity. >_>

At what point was the motive for voting Zima because she was inactive? The same question goes for those that liked this post, @Zexy; and @Shiny Ditto;. Regardless of the fact that Zima was preoccupied with work, or such, she was lynched because of her shady behaviour after her initial vote on Midorikawa.

ಠ_ಠ

Okay. Play dirty, guys. Fine, don't give me a fucking chance.

Good luck, everyone!

You had ample time to provide an appropriate response.

*gets a cop claim in less than two hours after being subbed in* lol

If you counterclaim, please let me know as soon as possible! I get that this sounds super shady, but, well.

For what it's worth, fishing for cop like this if I have nobody to say is the other claim is absolutely absurd and is kind of a death wish, so me trying to pull this off as mafia is way too risky and stupid, and on top of that, counterclaiming cop now is actually pretty good, since even without a doctor, a counterclaim ensures your safety, in a way, as the mafia can't attempt to kill who they think is cop without sacrificing one of their own, y'know? It's kind of like insurance, for lack of a better term. So, uh, yeah. Thank you!

Why on Earth would anyone claim Cop to someone who has just recently subbed in? /rhetoricalquestion

Why on Earth would anyone claim Cop to someone who has just recently subbed in? /rhetoricalquestion

If it helps anything, they didn't just, like, randomly claim to me. I sent them a PM, which led to us talking a bit, and it ended in the claim, so here we are now. It's a bit awkward, yeah, but. I move quickly. :I

At what point was the motive for voting Zima because she was inactive? The same question goes for those that liked this post, @Zexy; and @Shiny Ditto;. Regardless of the fact that Zima was preoccupied with work, or such, she was lynched because of her shady behaviour after her initial vote on Midorikawa.

Thank you, I also wouldn't truly have known that she was genuinely inactive in this game, despite being active elsewhere. I didn't expect three votes to pile up like that though.

I think I have a really good idea of who the Cop claim is from though.

I think I have a really good idea of who the Cop claim is from though.

Hinting at who it is isn't going to help anyone but the mafia, regardless of whether or not you're right, honestly.

Hinting at who it is isn't going to help anyone but the mafia, regardless of whether or not you're right, honestly.

What? I just simply said I thought I had an idea of who it was, not giving hints to who I think it is ???

It seems really odd Clusiana would just get a cop claim like that, though not odd in a scummy way. Just weird and risky. Based on who would just randomly go to clusiana and claim cop I think human currently fits the bill of our cop more than anyone, though of course I guess one could also make a case for FinalArcadia.

It seems really odd Clusiana would just get a cop claim like that, though not odd in a scummy way. Just weird and risky. Based on who would just randomly go to clusiana and claim cop I think human currently fits the bill of our cop more than anyone, though of course I guess one could also make a case for FinalArcadia.

... why do we discuss this in the night phase? :[

What? I just simply said I thought I had an idea of who it was, not giving hints to who I think it is ???

Yeah, but, like, just saying that you have a "good idea" of who it is implies that it's the obvious choice of who it is based on what's in the thread, and, well, yeah.

In any case, I really love how we're taking potshots at who's cop in-thread when we don't even have a doctor. Like, really? Are you trying to get one of the most important town roles killed? Literally, what is the point of trying to speculate who it is in-thread, of all places, when there's no reason to as of yet?

At what point was the motive for voting Zima because she was inactive? ...

...Regardless of the fact that Zima was preoccupied with work, or such, she was lynched because of her shady behaviour after her initial vote on Midorikawa.

VOTE: Zima

She still kept the vote and didn't show any signs of whether she agreed or not about Midorikawa's explanation, and I'm sure I saw her viewing the thread back then. It's not even lurking, it's pretty much avoiding, and considering what Midorikawa's alignment flipped up keeping the vote to mislynch her would be beneficial to her.

Vote : Zima

She's only posted twice this entire game. Once to joke vote, and one to ask Midorikawa to explain her vote for Gastly Gibus...

...When she plays as mafia, she posts once or twice a phase, then recedes back into hiding. This has stayed true, and is true of her for this game.

I am extremely suspicious of her. She hasn't responded at all...

UNVOTE: Froakie

While Froakie is still one of my prime suspects, I would like to pressure Zima; a bit more, we need answers, and thoughts. If two votes are not enough for her to show up, I don’t know what is (three votes maybe).

Again, likewise. I'll Vote: Zima for now, until she at the very least posts in the thread.

Vote: Zima

The fact that you "didn't see" my vote on Midori even though the game was 5 posts in, and then still kept your vote when confronted about it strikes me as odd. I understand you might have real life obligations but there is still time left in this phase and if you can convince me otherwise I'll remove my vote.

Call it lurking, call it hiding, call it whatever. The point is, suspicion fell to Zima because she wasn't posting. That's what I meant by inactivity. I'm not trying to sound like some kind of saint here, because I'll admit, I was torn between voting Zima and Froakie at the end. Maybe my response to the lynching was snarky, and I apologize for that. It's just frustrating... we get a whole extra day phase, and we lynch the doctor of all players. >_>

@Clusiana; I wasn't speculating though, I just said I had an idea of who it could be, and for all I know, of course I could be wrong, and maybe my plan was to throw the Mafia off guard.
@GastlyGibus;

Well it's frustrating, but I still stand by my vote and how it was justified, and from many mislynches(and admittedly my "see the good in everyone and everything" and "it's only a loss when there's really zero chance of winning" mentally) I hardly feel that bothered so early in the game. Disagree all you want with my vote, but I'm not interested in a thesis sized debate were I end up seeing where you're coming from but just really stand by what I say. I'll admit too, I was paranoid and seeing what Zima flipped just makes me wish I unvoted, giving her a chance which I'd know is only fair for sure if I really trusted her, and voted Froakie, which if she flipped Town I'd be saying I should have voted Zima.

She still kept the vote and didn't show any signs of whether she agreed or not about Midorikawa's explanation, and I'm sure I saw her viewing the thread back then. It's not even lurking, it's pretty much avoiding, and considering what Midorikawa's alignment flipped up keeping the vote to mislynch her would be beneficial to her.

Vote : Zima

She's only posted twice this entire game. Once to joke vote, and one to ask Midorikawa to explain her vote for Gastly Gibus...

...When she plays as mafia, she posts once or twice a phase, then recedes back into hiding. This has stayed true, and is true of her for this game.

I am extremely suspicious of her. She hasn't responded at all...

UNVOTE: Froakie

While Froakie is still one of my prime suspects, I would like to pressure Zima; a bit more, we need answers, and thoughts. If two votes are not enough for her to show up, I don’t know what is (three votes maybe).

Again, likewise. I'll Vote: Zima for now, until she at the very least posts in the thread.

Vote: Zima

The fact that you "didn't see" my vote on Midori even though the game was 5 posts in, and then still kept your vote when confronted about it strikes me as odd. I understand you might have real life obligations but there is still time left in this phase and if you can convince me otherwise I'll remove my vote.

Call it lurking, call it hiding, call it whatever. The point is, suspicion fell to Zima because she wasn't posting. That's what I meant by inactivity. I'm not trying to sound like some kind of saint here, because I'll admit, I was torn between voting Zima and Froakie at the end. Maybe my response to the lynching was snarky, and I apologize for that. It's just frustrating... we get a whole extra day phase, and we lynch the doctor of all players. >_>

I understand the frustration, trust me. But inactivity is not in any way relatable to "lurking," "hiding," or "avoiding" the thread. Those are all typical behaviours of someone who is guilty, even if you are busy outside of BMGf. And although Zima was busy, she still was able to post elsewhere, but not here. Weren't we about to lynch Oswin for similar behaviour? Yes, it's a shame that we lost the Doctor, but the votes were absolutely justified.

I'm not trying to place suspicion on those who voted Zima, and I apologize if that's what it seemed like. When I say "inactivity," I simply refer to the fact that somebody isn't posting in the mafia thread. Like I said, I was wary of Zima too, but it doesn't really matter anymore, I suppose.

Now, regarding this cop-claim, I'm going to echo what Clusiana said: are we seriously taking guesses as to who the cop is, in-thread, during the night-phase?? I mean, do you want to lose both the cop and doctor in one move?

Like, sure, if you want to PM me or something to talk about it, go ahead, but talking about it now, here, of all times, is just plain asinine, to be perfectly honest. You're accomplishing nothing good by making guesses as to who the cop is.

Moving on from the cop speculation, it’s a shame Zima was the doctor, but at the same time it’s hard to fault everyone who voted her when she didn’t exactly provide a stellar defense, or even much of one at all outside of saying she had outside stuff going on (and not to be a total cynic, but sometimes it is hard to take that at face value when you suspect someone). I didn’t have a problem with the votes on her either after she didn’t really answer for anything, so I don’t really find Farfetchd that suspicious for keeping his vote on Zima.

Also, I kept expecting some sort of response from Froakie to this post I made early last phase, but after double checking, I don't think I ever received one, even though she had posted after that. I still think the questions are at least somewhat important, and would be interested in seeing some clarification from @Froakie.

Like the mafia can't speculate on their own who the cop is with the information Clusiana provided, namely that the cop blindly came to her and claimed. I'm sure at least one person with the mafia is smart enough to come to the same conclusions I posted in this thread. I'm really not sure why Clusiana can't just trust a cop claim without letting the entire thread know they claimed to her and thereby leading the mafia a step closer to their identity.

Like the mafia can't speculate on their own who the cop is with the information Clusiana provided, namely that the cop blindly came to her and claimed.

Nowhere did I state that they "came blindly to me and claimed." I stated the exact opposite, actually: that I PM'd someone and started a conversation with them, which ended in a claim. I can contact people other than those I'm friends with, you know. It's not that hard (at least, now it isn't), even if I was a big ball of anxiety that'd never have the guts to do it back when I first started playing here.

I'm sure at least one person with the mafia is smart enough to come to the same conclusions I posted in this thread.

Using meta =/= smart.

I'm really not sure why Clusiana can't just trust a cop claim without letting the entire thread know they claimed to her and thereby leading the mafia a step closer to their identity.

Forgive me for not blindly trusting every claim I get. I mean, really, do you expect me to not make absolute sure that there's no counterclaims to a very easily counterclaimed (and very strategic to counterclaim) role before I trust the person who claimed it to me? That's just plain bad form, believing a claim without even attempting to ensure that they're being truthful.

Nowhere did I state that they "came blindly to me and claimed." I stated the exact opposite, actually: that I PM'd someone and started a conversation with them, which ended in a claim. I can contact people other than those I'm friends with, you know. It's not that hard (at least, now it isn't), even if I was a big ball of anxiety that'd never have the guts to do it back when I first started playing here.

With blindly I mean they haven't had any chance to copcheck you, they just decided to trust you even though you just subbed in and hadn't really made any posts yet.

I'm sure at least one person with the mafia is smart enough to come to the same conclusions I posted in this thread.

Using meta =/= smart.

If the cop is using meta then you gotta use meta to find that meta. And I think the cop is using meta because again, you just subbed in.

I'm really not sure why Clusiana can't just trust a cop claim without letting the entire thread know they claimed to her and thereby leading the mafia a step closer to their identity.

Forgive me for not blindly trusting every claim I get. I mean, really, do you expect me to not make absolute sure that there's no counterclaims to a very easily counterclaimed (and very strategic to counterclaim) role before I trust the person who claimed it to me? That's just plain bad form, believing a claim without even attempting to ensure that they're being truthful.

Mafia isn't I 100% you or I 0% trust you, you can still be wary of people without alerting everyone in thread.

Of course there's also the possibility of this entire cop claim being fake and you just trying to lure the real cop to you. It's actually not that far fetched a theory considering your circumstances. And should the cop die tonight it will be an even sounder one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom