• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Animal Crossing: New Leaf Mafia: END GAME! TOWN WINS 21/06/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Animal Crossing: New Leaf Mafia: Day 3: Redd Dead 03/06/14

Isabelledeathannouncement_zps0f725d5c.png

GastlyGibus
'Crazy' Redd

20101028194451Redd_zps19d3fb84.png

For many years you have been bringing your business as an art dealer, to the people of Bulba. Although the villagers like you, your reputation isn’t one of complete honesty, often selling fake artwork without warning. The truth is, you are not a cultured fox and you know very little about how to spot a genuine from a fake. You buy your stock with the hope that it will sell and quite often it does. Even if all the customers aren’t always happy with their purchase. Lately, you’ve been feeling guilty after displeasing so many villagers. As a peace offering, you have decided to give away 5 paintings that you have in stock. You were told by the supplier that 3 out of the 5, we’re genuine and 2 were fake. As Katrina often tells people, items have a big effect on a person’s luck. A genuine piece of art for example, will bring good fortune, and a fake piece of art will bring nothing but bad luck.

You currently have 5 paintings to giveaway. Each night you may PM me with the phrase “Give (Painting name): Player name”.

Here are your 5 works of art. You may give one per night to any player of your choice.

Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai

Las Meninas by Diego Velasquez

The Blue Boy by Thomas Gainsborough

The Milkmaid by Johannes Vermeer

Mona Lisa by Leonardo Da Vinci

Paintings will be offered to players' anonymously and the player can choose to reject the offer. If this happens, you can give the painting to another player. No player can receive more than one painting throughout the game.

You are allied with the Town. The Town will be safe when all threats have been eliminated.

images_zps612c3820.jpg

*Notice Board*
GastlyGibus was killed. One of the best roles wasted

It is now Day 3. This phase will end at approximately 1am GMT on 05/06/14. 13/16 players remain.

1 @HumanDawn;
2 @Mijzelffan;
3 @Clusiana;
4 @Soulmaster;
7 @Shiny Ditto;
8 @sharkshocker;
9 @Beck;
11 @GastlyGibus;
12 @Froakie;
13 @Oswin;
14 @FinalArcadia;
15 @Farfetchd the Vigilante;
16 @acs1903;

Last edited:

Inventor is common lately. Also The Blue Boy by Thomas Gainsborough is the only painting in the role pm not to be italicized. Coincidence? I think not.

Not gibsy ;_;.

With how not trusting Gibus is, I doubt he sent a painting to anyone.

Inventor is common lately. Also The Blue Boy by Thomas Gainsborough is the only painting in the role pm not to be italicized. Coincidence? I think not.

If so, what would that mean?

If so, what would that mean?

It's probably a coincidence.

I don't understand this role. What is it for?

You give someone a painting, they get an effect like double votes or death.

Oh. Interesting ability.

Luckily the mafia didn't get a cop.
I'm not sure how I feel about a cop claim to Clusiana. Seems suspicious, with basically a blind leap of faith. She even acknowledged it sounded like it was cop fishing.
I'm not super suspicious of her, but just acknowledgeding the situation.

tumblr_mr6gsbIJy81swpakyo1_400.jpg

Well, I guess that's that. I'd tell you all of my secrets, but you know how it is...

tumblr_mnqnhgC87z1stpsmso1_500.jpg

Good luck town!

I'm not sure how I feel about a cop claim to Clusiana. Seems suspicious, with basically a blind leap of faith.

I guess it kind of was a leap of faith, but it was far from completely blind, since we did debate a while before the claim.

She even acknowledged it sounded like it was cop fishing.

Everyone always calls cop-fishing whenever someone does this, and, honestly, I wasn't going to bother dealing with that later when I damn well knew I was going to be accused of it then. And like I said, it's highly, highly... well, just not practical to pull this as a cop-fish, since, as I've said, I'd have nobody to say counterclaimed once I got the claim, for one, and then there's the issue of how the cop would be affected after, be it kill or something else.

Speaking of the cop, also, they've got a town check on someone, before anyone asks. I won't be outing who the townie is in-thread, of course, but I'll be PM'ing the player later, so...

I'm not super suspicious of her, but just acknowledgeding the situation.

can i note that this is just even more neutrality + repeating things others have said + not taking a firm stance

Anyway, for the reasons I posted yesterday and, in part, this post (which was kind of fillery anyway tbh):

Vote: Farfetchd the Vigilante so glad i wasnt on mobile to type this out

Vote: FtV

Yeah, Clusiana's post does a good job explaining things.

I would like to wait for him to defend, since we did the same mistake with Zima. Better not stack up too many votes on him yet.
I also want some defense from Froakie. FinalArcadia has a point, she never answered those questions.

VOTE: Farfetch'd the Vigilante

This pretty much sums it up.

He didn't defend himself from it either.

I did explain, and I stuck to my guns. She had an oppurtunity to respond. I have never been 100% sure going into a lynch.

Not much I can do really otherwise. My role is useless if people know it.

Can you sum this up? It just brings me to the page, and I can't respond.

Confirming!

All right, so, I've read the thread all the way through, and there's one main thing I've noted that's really bothering me: FtV's participation in the Zima lynch.

FtV just kept their vote on Zima even when she had literally no chance to defend herself at the time, instead just sitting back and letting a mislynch happen when she really deserved the benefit of the doubt at that time, even throwing in a pointless emotional... thing. I don't know the word, but, like: "I'll feel awful if she flips town," which means FtV was by no means certain of her being mafia, and coupled with "if she had just posted once more," it really begs why she didn't unvote if he was so unsure of Zima's alignment, y'know? And even saying that there was a lot of evidence... except there really wasn't, and if there was really so much evidence, why did she seem so iffy on Zima's alignment, even saying that one more post could've swayed her?

It's just a big clusterfuck of contradictions that total out to FtV taking no real stance on the Zima lynch (which, may I note, is neutrality, and yet, she was somehow confident enough to let Zima be ML'd) which really, really bothers me. And her vote was literally the difference between Zima being lynched and there being a tie, so if she really was that indecisive, I don't get why she wouldn't unvote and let Zima, I dunno, have a fair chance. Like, sure, NLs suck, and Zima had more than enough to defend herself, but my issue here is that she never did give a defense, and any town member should at least want to listen to a defense before just recklessly lynching. And FtV even said she wanted to "give her an opportunity," yet, when she had every ability to give Zima an opportunity, she just let it slide and let her be lynched anyway? It just reeks of scumminess to me, all these contradictions in his words vs. her behaviors, especially considering the ML it resulted in.

VOTE: Farfetch'd the Vigilante

This pretty much sums it up.

He didn't defend himself from it either.

I did explain, and I stuck to my guns. She had an oppurtunity to respond. I have never been 100% sure going into a lynch.

Not much I can do really otherwise. My role is useless if people know it.

Please try to be a bit more... elaborate. You already have enough votes, and if you don't say much, we might get a mislynch of yours, in a manner similar to Zima's. I don't think you can save yourself with just two lines, and no matter the phase's outcome, it would be better if we had more posting from you and commenting on that from others. I can't get a specific read on you yet, so replying to what Human quoted at least can get us somewhere. I am not voting yet, but I don't see anyone unvoting either...

I don't expect you to be 100% sure. Expecting that's just plain unfair. On the other hand, though, I expect you to at least have a somewhat firm scumread on her if you're going to lynch her, which, well, you clearly didn't, yet let her get lynched anyway.

I don't expect you to be 100% sure. Expecting that's just plain unfair. On the other hand, though, I expect you to at least have a somewhat firm scumread on her if you're going to lynch her, which, well, you clearly didn't, yet let her get lynched anyway.

Talking about FtV? He is a boy, for one. Yes, no one can be 100% sure, but a "firm scumread" we also had from Zima. It would be better if we were slightly more cautious, we had enough mislynches already.

Re: Animal Crossing: New Leaf Mafia: Day 2: Re-Tail Therapy 31/05/14

Isn't this farfetched reasoning for voting zima?

Vote : Zima

She's only posted twice this entire game. Once to joke vote, and one to ask Midorikawa to explain her vote for Gastly Gibus.

Midorikawa explained the vote fairly logicly, and Zima still did not remove the vote. Even after questioning her why this was, she didn't justify a reason why.

When she plays as mafia, she posts once or twice a phase, then recedes back into hiding. This has stayed true, and is true of her for this game.

I am extremely suspicious of her. She hasn't responded at all.

Hopefully this also leads to some discussion.

I don't know why you're picking him specifically when he was only the second to vote after human voted her first, and Zexy stated he agreed with this post.

Isn't this farfetched reasoning for voting zima?

Vote : Zima

She's only posted twice this entire game. Once to joke vote, and one to ask Midorikawa to explain her vote for Gastly Gibus.

Midorikawa explained the vote fairly logicly, and Zima still did not remove the vote. Even after questioning her why this was, she didn't justify a reason why.

When she plays as mafia, she posts once or twice a phase, then recedes back into hiding. This has stayed true, and is true of her for this game.

I am extremely suspicious of her. She hasn't responded at all.

Hopefully this also leads to some discussion.

I don't know why you're picking him specifically when he was only the second to vote after human voted her first, and Zexy stated he agreed with this post.

I agreed with the post, but...

FtV just kept their vote on Zima even when she had literally no chance to defend herself at the time, instead just sitting back and letting a mislynch happen when she really deserved the benefit of the doubt at that time, even throwing in a pointless emotional... thing.

I never did something like that. In that very post you linked to, I said I voted Zima because I wanted her to speak up. She appeared and told us why she was unable to defend herself. Upon realizing that she had 5 votes when everyone else had 1, I unvoted her and went for Froakie, asking FtV and Oswin to do that as well. And while he was the one who first talked about unvoting her (I did not unvote by myself, we had a brief discussion with him before I did it), he decided to just say:

"I'll feel awful if she flips town,"

my issue here is that she never did give a defense, and any town member should at least want to listen to a defense before just recklessly lynching. And FtV even said she wanted to "give her an opportunity," yet, when she had every ability to give Zima an opportunity, she just let it slide and let her be lynched anyway?

The first part is why I am not voting FtV yet. The second proves that he considered giving her an opportunity, as we discussed just before my unvote. The suspicion is there, but I feel like his defense is still inadequate.

Talking about FtV?

No, "her" was Zima, in that case.

Yes, no one can be 100% sure, but a "firm scumread" we also had from Zima.

That is literally this exact opposite of what I've been saying (and proving) the entire time. Let me go get a few posts from FtV on Zima:

"If she had just posted once more......"

Saying this very heavily implies that, had Zima posted just one more post, FtV would have rescinded their vote on Zima or not voted her in the first place. You're saying that FtV's scumread on Zima was firm when one measly little post extra would've made them unvote Zima?

"I'll feel awful if she flips town..."

As they were even thinking about the possibility of her being town and felt it to be possible enough to bring it up, it kinda proves that FtV was uncertain on Zima's alignment.

FtV's behavior heavily, heavily implies that they were nowhere near convinced that Zima was scum, and that is my issue, which everyone seems to not get. My issue is that, despite FtV being far from convinced or even leaning towards Zima being mafia, they let Zima be lynched anyway when just a single unvote would have saved her.

And yet, even with that uncertainty, FtV made absolutely no attempt to save Zima (despite wanting to "give her an opportunity," FtV gave up on that literally immediately: “your right it would be pretty hard to remove 5 votes," not even making the vaguest attempt to save her, despite having that vote on Zima that FtV could have easily removed to tilt the tides in Zima's favor when that would be "giving her an opportunity." Their words do not mirror their actions in any form, and that contradiction makes sense if FtV is scum: wanting to not be seen as an active person against Zima when she flips town, but still wanting the mislynch, hence the lack of unvote despite "wanting to give her an opportunity.")

It would be better if we were slightly more cautious, we had enough mislynches already.

FtV had tried to defend themselves, and it wasn't exactly convincing or game-changing. My points against FtV still stand and have had nothing solid to counter them, therefore meaning that what I've said is valid, meaning that lynching FtV is worthwhile. We've lost townmembers and we should be cautious, sure, but caution isn't shying away from every lynch because they could still be town. That's just stalling.

Also, also, that post that Mijz quoted brings even more substance to my argument: FtV said they were "extremely suspicious of Zima," yet later on, they completely abandoned that view for absolutely no reason stated (iirc?), and, well, that shift is just plain unnatural. Meaning that, if it was changed so easily without reason, it was a fabricated read, and, well, yeah. The conclusion is obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom