• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime & Manga General Discussion

Its been nice seeing Tracey reappearing during the scenes at Oak's lab, just wish they'd give him a speaking role and reunite him with Ash, they haven't seen each other on-screen since AG192

Why do you think that is? Is it because they don't want to pay his (Japanese) VA?

Tracey as a character does have potential if used more. Would love to see him catch a Smeargle too.

Why do you think that is? Is it because they don't want to pay his (Japanese) VA?

Tracey as a character does have potential if used more. Would love to see him catch a Smeargle too.
Nice to know I'm not the only one who feels Tracey has potential, I feel people just hate him as he replaced Brock

Guessing this is allowed as no one complained last time I mentioned a voice actors birthday

Today is the birthday of Megan Hollingshead who has voiced many a character on Pokemon, perhaps most notably the original Cassidy and most recently Nurse Joy (her first ever role on Pokemon) and Morpeko

Nice to know I'm not the only one who feels Tracey has potential, I feel people just hate him as he replaced Brock
Funnily enough, when Journeys first started I did wonder if Gou was their revised take on Tracey’s character what with being a research assistant and using a phone instead of drawing to record Pokémon in the wild. Of course then his “gotta catch ‘em all” spree started and that theory completely fell by the wayside.

As for Tracey himself, I always liked him and thought he brought something new to the table - that being the fleshing out of the Pokémon world via his analytical observations and drawings, with his role as a Watcher being something the old games couldn’t portray beyond some generic stats from the PokéDex and was what made the first couple of seasons of the anime so good, that the world felt so alive and like a real place.

I wish we got an Orre anime with Ash.
When I was a kid, I thought the AG group was going to visit Orre eventually. I was sad that they never did. Pokémon Colosseum and XD are some of my favorite Pokémon games to this day. I wish The Pokémon Company would acknowledge that Orre exists, just like they used to! (Image taken from Pokémon Fan 10th Anniversary magazine.)

0D6BAF27-F717-4FF7-805A-10DF07A8D538.jpeg

Tracey being involved in the Project Mew arc could have been interesting since he's got years of experience researching pokemon in terms of episode airdates with researching, and has been a researcher longer than Gary has. The way Tracey would use his Marill and Venonat in the field also evokes what would become Rangers.

15 years ago today saw Diamond and Pearl start airing in Japan, definitely the best series so far I feel with XY a close second
Those 15 years flew by so fast! I remember I was starting to actively use Serebii for news around then, and I still check its front page every single day since then. Of course, I prefer discussing the anime on Bulbagarden Forums instead. With that said, it was exciting to see the show going in a different direction for the second time in its history, as May was being replaced by Dawn, just as May replaced Misty. DP was the first time to me where it felt like a new series representing a new game was establishing itself as the new normal, and I was interested to see what Dawn and Paul would bring to the show. It was also interesting to wait for the DP series outside of Japan, as the Battle Frontier season was still on-going with the dub changes in full effect. It all feels like yesterday. Gen IV marked the point where I became fully invested in keeping up with Pokémon news, so it will always be important to me.

The new episode dates/titles reveal got me surprised, really. I was expecting to sum things up without wasting any more time, but not only do we get a week break, but also one extra episode before the actual match begins. I wonder if the remaining weeks before the release of SV games will be enough to conclude everyone's arc. At this point, also thanks to the lack of any news for the new series, I start to doubt whether Journeys could be a mainstay now, which the idea would not genuinely fancy me even though I don't have a major problem with the series itself.

The new episode dates/titles reveal got me surprised, really. I was expecting to sum things up without wasting any more time, but not only do we get a week break, but also one extra episode before the actual match begins. I wonder if the remaining weeks before the release of SV games will be enough to conclude everyone's arc. At this point, also thanks to the lack of any news for the new series, I start to doubt whether Journeys could be a mainstay now, which the idea would not genuinely fancy me even though I don't have a major problem with the series itself.

I suspect that they may be leaving Goh's arc for the next "season".

This does not necessarily mean that Goh will continue to be the co-protagonist (although this is still possible). Goh may have a resolution in the next season (like Lillie), even though he's not protagonist anymore.

I can't really see them continuing Journeys at this rate. I don't see them doing the PWC again, it shouldn't take too long to wrap up Goh's storyline, especially when I still think that Project Mew is going to be used primarily to write him out of the series, I don't see them keeping the world tour aspect without the PWC, Goh's goal or after the anime's anniversary and I can't see Chloe sticking around for another series. If they couldn't make her a proper main character after becoming a trainer or even have her watch Ash's Master Class battles with Goh, I don't think that there is much interest in her to last through another series.

I remember people speculating that the name Pocket Monster meant that the anime would keep that title forever. While that isn't impossible, I always felt like that was a stretch, or at least looking way too hard into a name change. I just assumed that they wanted the title to stick out, especially for the anime's anniversary, and make it clear that they weren't going to focus exclusively on Sword/Shield. The anime likes to shake up the status quo every few years with a new cast, new locations and new storylines. I assume that will happen with Journeys as well.

Back
Top Bottom