• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime & Manga General Discussion

Screenshots we have for this week's episode, plus one of the screenshots from the special preview that seems to be from next week's episode, seem to hint towards Ash rotating his team around in each episode of "Aim to Be a Pokémon". Interesting detail to note that only five of Ash's team members have been shown for the next episode. This either means that they haven't shown us one, or it's been purposefully left open for a new capture.
Should be awsome if Ash will run dif pokemon for every episode. Wont mind if this is the last 5 pokemon for the next 11 episodes if he is about to catch Latias / reunite with Squirtle / returns to Kalos to pick Greninja.

I am loving the idea of Ash rotating his Pokemon for each episode. I do hope we get to see if two Pokemon that were each caught during different sagas developed a close friendship.
Really hope Quilava gets some screen time

In the last episode of Journeys, the TRio tells Giovanni that they have pinpointed the strongest Pokemon in the world (obviously referring to Pikachu) and the boss gives his blessing to go after it. There needs to be some kind of payoff to this. It is begging for an episode focused on Team Rocket, hopefully giving them some form of closure.

I do wonder if the philosophy of these 11 episodes will be the writers saying "Screw it, let's do things we were never allowed to do or haven't done in a long time."
I'd almost love if they just be as over the top and trollish as possible:
*GS ball is finally opened but all that's inside is a crumpled up wad of paper with somebody's grocery list.
*Giovanni gets defeated off-screen by Gizelle and the Bug Catcher Samurai.
*Pikachu evolves but is a Pikachu again in the next episode with no explanation.
*Ash's dad shows up. Nothing happens and he is utterly unremarkable.
*Did somebody say "long lost triplets"?

I have a suspicion both Charizard and Bulbasaur would be in the Squirtle episode line-up. Possibly even Snorlax.

I could definitely see it being a Kanto reunion of sorts.
Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Charizard, Squirtle. I think they’d also bring Heracross along if Bulbasaur is going so they could do their gag one last time.

*Pikachu evolves but is a Pikachu again in the next episode with no explanation.
It could be a thing back then, using a rock just to win the league.. and every new region for some reason Pikachu could forget everything. Like how to use Volt T or Electro Ball. Damn, it was inline with the new story of how Ash lost to Trip. No need to get mad.

I love the "You can do it!" vision that Pikachu gets from all of Ash's other Pokemon (and Ash himself) before he goes all Super Sayian and defeats Leon's Charizard. Why? Because it reminds you that Pikachu is as much of a character as Ash is, not just a mindless pet that follows his master's orders. There is a reason Ikue Ohtani puts all her emotion into saying the syllables "pi", "ka", and "chu". It also reminds you that Pikachu was indeed friends with all of those Pokemon and he treasures them as much as Ash treasures his human companions.

Last edited:
I sincerely hope that Kaori may be able to voice May one last time, should the character appear in this mini farewell arc.

By the way, Pokémon Jirachi: Wishi Maker and Pokémon: Destiny Deoxys were, recently, dubbed into Portuguese, for the third time, to, now, be transmitted via streaming by GloboPlay. It's always nice to see older Pokemon movies retain their relevance and be accessible to wider audiences.

Last edited:
I dreamed I met Shinichiro Miki, he was dressed as Kojiro. I told him the Rockets are my all time favorite villains and gave my condolences for them not being main characters anymore. He said something about the tv business being crap.

I love the "You can do it!" vision that Pikachu gets from all of Ash's other Pokemon (and Ash himself) before he goes all Super Sayian and defeats Leon's Charizard. Why? Because it reminds you that Pikachu is as much of a character as Ash is, not just a mindless pet that follows his master's orders. There is a reason Ikue Ohtani puts all her emotion into saying the syllables "pi", "ka", and "chu". It also reminds you that Pikachu was indeed friends with all of those Pokemon and he treasures them as much as Ash treasures his human companions.
Meh I'm 50/50. I love that scene, but honestly Pikachu character has been pretty neglected. Ash has developed alot, but let's be honest, does Pikachu even have an arc outside of getting stronger and "I don't need to evolve/fight Raichu"?

His personality seemed unique from Ash starting at OS, but then he just became mini Ash or the everyman

Meh I'm 50/50. I love that scene, but honestly Pikachu character has been pretty neglected. Ash has developed alot, but let's be honest, does Pikachu even have an arc outside of getting stronger and "I don't need to evolve/fight Raichu"?

His personality seemed unique from Ash starting at OS, but then he just became mini Ash or the everyman
That scene felt like an example of how Pikachu should have been treated. I was surprised when I first watched it, because it was the first time I could recall where Pikachu's motivation wasn't specifically tied to Ash. He wasn't trying to win for just Ash. It was for himself and his other friends. It was one of the rare times where Pikachu felt like his own character that had his own life apart from Ash; one that the latter still plays a part in.

Personally, I'll just take that scene as a win for Pikachu's character. XP

That scene felt like an example of how Pikachu should have been treated. I was surprised when I first watched it, because it was the first time I could recall where Pikachu's motivation wasn't specifically tied to Ash. He wasn't trying to win for just Ash. It was for himself and his other friends. It was one of the rare times where Pikachu felt like his own character that had his own life apart from Ash; one that the latter still plays a part in.

Personally, I'll just take that scene as a win for Pikachu's character. XP
Exactly! Ash has gotten so much arcs and development purely for his sake. And pikachu, is just there for the ride. Only because it's what Ash wants. That's not bad because they are super close etc. But the issue is that they neglected his personal agency for 25 years.

A perfect example is the Paul rivalry. It wasn't just Ash who had something to prove, this rivalry was just as personal, even more so for chimchat. Same with Ash Greninja arc

It sucks that mons that Ash had for one season had actual character arcs that still tied with Ash while having their own unique personality in one season. Than Pikachu for 25 years...

Back
Top Bottom