• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Any Conquest fans here?

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
  2. They/Them
yeah, what the title says basically. I remembered how goddamn obsessed I was with that game back in 2019 (to the point where I basically treated it as a different fandom from Pokemon on its own) and I'm just wondering if it's got any enjoyers on here too?

yeee i played a bit of it and its pretty dope. really gets juicy once post game is unlocked but main story is pretty cool as well.

i think it's kind of a shame that conquest absolutely flew under the radar of a ton of folk. i played it, unsure what i was expecting because i haven't played a nobunaga game, and i absolutely loved going through the whole plot. the post-game not so much i think, but i'm genuinely not surprised there hasn't... been any sort of a re-release or anything for it? just... one and done and that's it? has it really been that unpopular?

It was good. I remember recruiting ... (forget his name) but the Staraptor guy, second-in-command to the leader of the Electric kingdom during the actual campaign, because I never figured out the hidden requirement for recruiting unique NPCs until I later looked it up. Both the battle against Nobunaga and that final battle came down to some very tense moments where both of us were down to the last turn before someone scored a KO.

The postgame stories were ... repetitive, to say the least. Best played occasionally, and not in a binge.

I absolutely love Conquest. It's got some really weird parts of its design, like how the entire first story just doesn't include the significant mechanic that is upgrading locations, or how awkward it is to build link points for certain characters depending on which stories they're in. But the base gameplay that the whole thing builds off of is very good, and it's a great game to go back to every now and then.
What the actual hell. I nyever managed to find it physically back when my little obsession with it started in 2019, and nyow that basically means I'll nyever get to play it at all...
Yyyyup, welcome to aftermarket Pokemon games. Especially aftermarket Pokemon games on the DS. Those things go for absolutely comical prices for some reason, it's absurd.

Yyyyup, welcome to aftermarket Pokemon games. Especially aftermarket Pokemon games on the DS. Those things go for absolutely comical prices for some reason, it's absurd.
it feels like it literally all started in like 2020 too, when i was into pokemon in 2019 i managed to get a copy of white 2 for, like, £30 or something. probably the only original ds pokemon games that go for that much nyow that aren't one of the Bad spinoffs are the original diamond and pearl (which are easily the worst-aged main series ds games).
like, i remember when the most expensive second-hand pokemon games i had ever seen in a physical shop were heartgold and soulsilver, and they were going for like £50.

Back
Top Bottom