• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Any fans of the Zelda games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skyward Sword is shaping up to be better than Twiligh Princess imo. I doubt that its better than WW though. The same? Maybe, but not better.

IDK, but WW is so far my third favorite Zelda game. (OoT is my fav and TP comes in second) I'm hoping Skyward Sword is better than them all ^^

I'm currently trying to get into the games starting with Ocarina of Time [virtual console]. Its really fun, so far.

Yep, Zelda's my number one favorite video game series, right above Mario and Pokemon. Guess I'm a Nintendo nerd :sweatlol:

I'm in the middle of 100%ing Majora's Mask for the third time, and so far I've finished OoT seven times and Twilight Princess three. I've still yet to finish Wind Waker, though. I'm also in the middle of my first playthrough of the very first Zelda for NES as well.

I'm also at Zelda Universe, if anyone else has an account there.

Dang, I've never gotten 100% in any Zelda, although I came close in OoT. I still haven't even beat the original NES Zelda. I always get lost in the last temple XD

Proud gamer of 100%ingo OoT with all Skulltulas, Heart Containers and upgrades, while dying only once due to a tragic encounter with some Lizalfos in the Dodongo's Cavern. :-D Damn them...

The only Legend of Zelda game I've ever touched was Link to the Past. Before you ask, yes I never played Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, or even the first game in the series, so sue me.

I won't sue you :p But you should really try them, they're excellent games.

But you should really try them, they're excellent games.

Well thats the thing though, the legend of Zelda series never really interested me. Probably because I didn't really care about the characters, story, locations etc for some reason. I understand pretty much every game gets a lot of praise, but still.

But again, opinions.

Well thats the thing though, the legend of Zelda series never really interested me. Probably because I didn't really care about the characters, story, locations etc for some reason.

Gameplay?

As for me, I never met a Zelda game I didn't love. I've beaten pretty much all of them, except the NES originals (I suck at old school games), any non-GBA/DS handheld games, and Spirit Tracks. As soon as Skyward Sword comes out, I will suddenly disappear for several weeks.

I used to consider LoZ to be pretty average, when I looked at the details and everything about the games and how it's played. It was something that never compared to the likes of Mario, Pokemon, and Sonic when looking at it.

But there's the problem. I looked at them. I never actually played them.

When I gave Ocarina of Time a shot on the VC a while ago, I realized what I was missing out on right then and there. There's a whole new layer of exploration and surprises involved underneath the main plot, and the side quests that I took to get 100% completion made certain I never got bored. This game was fantastic to me and I didn't regret buying it at all.

But I'm going to go out on a limb here: I think Link to the Past and Twilight Princess are OoT's superiors. TP is just absolutely breathtaking in graphics, story structure, and character development. Those three factors ensured, along with the Heart Piece and Golden Bug quests (and the Cave of Ordeals, OH YES the Cave of Ordeals!), that I would never get bored with this game, although it does start out very very slow. As for LttP, this game is as close to perfect as any game could get, imo; nothing is too short, nothing is too long, controls are precise, the plot is sound, LttP just takes everything and perfects it. Best game I've ever played.

The Celda games...I've never played. I've just never been attracted to the art-style. I was gonna give Wind Waker a shot, but the one copy I could find was broken and so I returned it, lol.

I'm pretty sure I'll try to get LoZ:SS on launch day; the plot alone convinced me to go buy it. So I can't wait to give that a shot.

EDIT: looking at the previous page, I guess I'm kind of the opposite of what Mr. Error went through. Lol.

I've beaten pretty much all of them, except the NES originals (I suck at old school games), any non-GBA/DS handheld games, and Spirit Tracks.

You're doing yourself a disservice. The GBC games are still incredibly good; I had more fun with Link's Awakening than with A Link to the Past, though it's hard to say why. The Oracle games are excellent as well, although LA surpasses them in my mind for possessing a superior and uncommonly thought-provoking story. With any luck, all three will be showing up on the 3DS VC.

By the time I played Spirit Tracks, the formulaic nature of the bosses had started to wear on me, but again, that game had a pretty interesting story, and who doesn't love the idea of a game based around driving around in a train? It will take a little getting used to after playing PH, though; I still think drawing a circle at the edge of the screen is a better way to roll than double tapping. If you're not interested, that's fine, but it's a great game and I recommend it.

Oh, and don't worry. I lack the patience to endlessly repeat a stage until I've memorized the exact pattern to get through it, then do the same thing for all the other stages, so I suck at old-school games too.

You're doing yourself a disservice. The GBC games are still incredibly good; I had more fun with Link's Awakening than with A Link to the Past, though it's hard to say why. The Oracle games are excellent as well, although LA surpasses them in my mind for possessing a superior and uncommonly thought-provoking story. With any luck, all three will be showing up on the 3DS VC.

By the time I played Spirit Tracks, the formulaic nature of the bosses had started to wear on me, but again, that game had a pretty interesting story, and who doesn't love the idea of a game based around driving around in a train? It will take a little getting used to after playing PH, though; I still think drawing a circle at the edge of the screen is a better way to roll than double tapping. If you're not interested, that's fine, but it's a great game and I recommend it.

Oh, and don't worry. I lack the patience to endlessly repeat a stage until I've memorized the exact pattern to get through it, then do the same thing for all the other stages, so I suck at old-school games too.
It's not that I don't want to play the GB games, I just can't find the cartridges anywhere. But as soon as I find a reasonably priced cartridge that works, you can bet Link's Awakening will eat my life. Additionally, I own Spirit Tracks, but I haven't beaten it yet because I lent it to my brother, and he doesn't seem keen on giving it back any time soon.

Last edited:
Been a fan of this series since the NES days.

I had a choice between buying Zelda with a shiny silver cartridge or Zelda II with a shiny gold cartridge, and being 4 at the time, decided gold was better than silver.

I eventually ended my quest for the elusive silver cartridge 15 years later when I picked it up for £3 at a carboot sale.

Besides that, Majora's Mask and Link's Awakening in particular have always been special to me, and I prefer them over their more acclaimed brethren (Ocarina of Time and A Link to the Past).

It's not that I don't want to play the GB games, I just can't find the cartridges anywhere. But as soon as I find a reasonably priced cartridge that works, you can bet Link's Awakening will eat my life. Additionally, I own Spirit Tracks, but I haven't beaten it yet because I lent it to my brother, and he doesn't seem keen on giving it back any time soon.

As I said, 3DS Virtual Console. Link's Awakening has already been confirmed, and I can't imagine the others are far behind. (If you're not getting a 3DS, then I wish you luck in your search.)

Love LoZ. I have played almost all of them (the few that I haven't played are the more recent ones). I really enjoyed the ones with the more "realistic" graphical approach, such as Ocarina of Time, which is what I still consider to be one of the best games of all time. I also played the 2D Gameboy versions which were also awesome.

I personally can not wait for the Ocarina of Time 3DS remake.

There's a 3DS VC?!

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!

Also, despite 100%ing Majora's Mask before, I have completely forgotten how you do the Couple's Mask sidequest :p

Look it up on GameFAQs. That's how I got the couple's mask ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom