• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anyone Play Pokemon TCG Online? You should! Here's why ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw all the new cards myself... Yeah... that Vespiquen will definitely be the next Flareon-type deck attacker. Although one card I'm really going to love using is the Fairy Whimsicott. Healing all damage off your EX, knocking out an opponent's Pokemon, and robbing a two prize draw simultaniously could really mess up your opponents game. Just one Fairy energy too, so it spares more energy for Aromatisse to move around... Quite nifty!

Another interesting card: The Relicanth. Unlike leads such as Skarmory and Dedenne, you can search your deck for any 2 Pokemon you like - not just basic ones.

I think TCGOne does the job better. Simple layout, all the cards at my disposal, browser-based.

Its being weird for me, Help :p
Screenshot_135.png

I just started playing TCGO. I don't buy the physical trading cards but it seems like you can still build your collection through grinding. It's a lot of fun so far! I've always been fond of the Trading Card Game

anyone else into the online TCG?

I just started playing it about a week ago. My username there is shinygeodude.

Re: anyone else into the online TCG?

I've been playing PTCGO for over two years now; I started back in May 2013.

My username there is SharKing319.

I've been playing the online TCG for quite a while now, and do all sorts of fun rouge decks. My user name is Lanstar1 if anyone wishes to add me.

Played for a few years. Playing a Rayquaza-EX (DE) & Reshiram (ROS) Deck. Forgot my username though :sweatlol:

Sent friend requests to everyone above who posted their names.

I have, but not recently. And -- hey, what happened to the old thread? Fell into the bit bucket or something?

On a sidenote, Next Destinies Shiftry just got banned from Expanded because players figured out a combination where they can evolve to Shiftry on turn 1, use its ability to shuffle their opponent's Active Pokemon off the field, then devolve Shiftry and repeat, leading to a one-turn-win that the opponent can basically do zero to stop.

Shiftry Banned from Expanded Format | Pokemon.com

Last edited:

I have, but not recently. And -- hey, what happened to the old thread? Fell into the bit bucket or something?

On a sidenote, Next Destinies Shiftry just got banned from Expanded because players figured out a combination where they can evolve to Shiftry on turn 1, use its ability to shuffle their opponent's Active Pokemon off the field, then devolve Shiftry and repeat, leading to a one-turn-win that the opponent can basically do zero to stop.

Shiftry Banned from Expanded Format | Pokemon.com

I wondered myself about the last large thread... I guess most people have been going elsewhere to discuss the trading card game instead of here. (Including me, sadly. :/ )

What's happening right now is the TCG Online has been taking quite a bit of time to finally rotate to an XY-on standard format. This is something I've been waiting for for for-EVER! >_< Fortunately, it supposedly will update this tommorow, and I hope this cleans up the metagame somewhat. No more dealing with Hypnotoxic Lasers and N Shenanigans!

I play. I have only been playing TCGO for a week or so but I scanned in a bunch of my theme decks and boosters. I mainly play with the theme decks on there - since I don't have a ton of cards. My username is bbuizel

Sounds like I will have significantly less decks and cards on here tomorrow lol

I sent you guys friend RQs.

I mostly play theme decks because I don't have any good ideas on how to make a deck. (I made a deck featuring solely Furfrou and it was awesome. Not exactly a high tier deck, but it always put up a fight.)

I mostly play theme decks because I don't have any good ideas on how to make a deck. (I made a deck featuring solely Furfrou and it was awesome. Not exactly a high tier deck, but it always put up a fight.)

I found that looking through Pokebeach's deck garage can give you good inspiration for making very good decks. I post my deck lists there, too... But if anyone requests, I can post my lists here in these forums as well.

Also, interestingly, the official Pokemon website posts the deck lists of the top 8 in each division of their major championships - although many of them are rather expensive to recreate.

Anyways, one deck I'm kind of fond of using that is pretty inexpensive is using Doublade from Primal Clash with Ariados from Ancient Origins. It One-Hits any Pokemon, except grass types and Theta Stop users. I use backup attackers like Dedenne in case it doesn't work.

Wow... The update today gives you 3 new theme decks to match the XY rotation! Not only that, I'm finding them to be really overpowered - especially the grass one.

Ikr! Literally half the player base is consistently using the Blue Deck.

I am playing PTCGO Since 2013

My Username is: UMADBROHUUH

I have to update my binder for trades. I own a lot of legendaries in TCGO and

Ikr! Literally half the player base is consistently using the Blue Deck.

You mean something finally dethroned Dark Hammer as the most OU theme deck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom