• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Are your favorite Pokemon also one of the your favorite characters in all of fiction?

RTLfan

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
  2. He/Him
In my case they definitely are. Gardevoir and Eevee are my all time favorite characters along with Gabumon and Gatomon. I wonder if it's a bad thing if all your favorite characters are mons....

Declaring a single character to be my favorite out of all the fiction I've ever watched, read, listened to, or played is probably a difficult task. I prefer to use specific criteria so I don't have to compare and contrast endlessly. I'd be inclined to say it's not a Pokemon in my case.

I don't see anything wrong with having your favorite characters all be Pokemon. Pokemon are characters, even if personalities tend to be ascribed on a per individual basis than to each species. It's not like that set up inherently makes Pokemon less interesting characters or anything like that.

Declaring a single character to be my favorite out of all the fiction I've ever watched, read, listened to, or played is probably a difficult task. I prefer to use specific criteria so I don't have to compare and contrast endlessly. I'd be inclined to say it's not a Pokemon in my case.

I don't see anything wrong with having your favorite characters all be Pokemon. Pokemon are characters, even if personalities tend to be ascribed on a per individual basis than to each species. It's not like that set up inherently makes Pokemon less interesting characters or anything like that.

Are/is they/it among your top favourites though?

I'd say my favorite Pokémon are some of my favorite creatures of all time, but I don't usually consider them characters. I don't think there's any problem with considering them to be characters, though. One of my cousins considers Pikachu one of his favorite fictional characters (not Ash's specifically, Pikachu in general) because he likes the color yellow and cute little animals. Why not?

I have a lot of favorite Pokemon, but none of them are my top favorite characters in fiction, this includes the human characters as well. Even as just creatures, I wouldn't say they're my top favorites compared to other series (that would be a tie between Monster Hunter and Zoids, personally). I already have way too many favorite characters from various media as it is, and Pokemon doesn't really scratch the surface of it.

That said, it's fine if Pokemon characters, creatures or humans, are your favorites in fiction. Shoot, my mom has quite a few favorite fictional characters, and one of her top favorites is Mimikyu because she finds him cute and, in her words, "looks like a cute cookie" and likes to call him that. Nothing strange about it imo.

Back
Top Bottom