• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Artemis Fowl Mafia ~ Endgame - (Time Ends) ~ MAFIA AND SURVIVOR WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll just say yes to all questions except ft because I avoid spoilers.

Well done mafia, especially Zexy. This is the first time we both lived till endgame that I didn't catch you. Actually this is the first time either of us lasted this long. Usually one of us die.

Also yes we will never get along again. Which is so married couple like.

@Elementar thanks for hosting such an amazing game. It was really fun.

Congrats to Darth too.

Did you enjoy the game?
King/Godfather/Master DarthWolf enjoyed it a lot! The last part of the game was amazing, almost every post made me laugh.
What did you think of the balance?
So many strong roles, it seems pretty balanced (Caps role puts it a bit more towards town). In practice it turned out pretty balanced as well.
What did you think of the flavour text?
I didn't understand it that well, so I didn't read it that carefully. Still, keep it up with making fun ft.
What did you think of the hosting?
Besides a few mistakes (Damn time changes), it was good.
Was there anything you would’ve changed about this game?
Declare me with my rightful title in the endgame post:p
Would you play another game like this in the future?
Where can I sign up?

A questions myself:
Shouldn't roleblock stop the sacrificer?

I loved how the mafia chat had a small panic that I might have ruined them.
Forcing them to my will was also great. Their chat even admits that they have to follow me.

Darth for siding with us so we could achieve what we didn't pull off in Percy Jackson; Dylan for letting me lynch him and being a major reason Darth sided with us;
Glad we could pull it of this time. Thank you as well.
Dylan wasn't the main reason, why did you think that?

Of course, Congrats to @Wicke @SoaringLooker and @Pika_pika42 (well done for your first scum game. With Zexy to guide you, you probably learned a lot as well)
Well played Town. Good Game.

...wow... that's a very capable survivor.
I didn't even need my powers. Yes, I used them but only because the game was about to end. Might as well use them just in case. That extra night gave me a shock, but I still felt pretty safe. Besides, rolecop was the only thing that ever happened to me.

WO brought up wolf packs as justification for why Darth shouldn't scum-side, saying that he was deserting the other wolves (me and WO (Though I don't know if I counted cuz I wuz ded)). And I know a bit about this topic, so I'd like to say: Darth was actually acting perfectly normal, he was doing what most maturing wolves would do and leaving the pack to make his own way. Actually the scum were the weird ones for letting him in, that practically never happens. There's only a single condition a pack would accept another. So, @DarthWolf13 how old are you?
See @WolfOwl, it was normal behaviour:p I also have some wolf knowledge.
What is the condition?
I don't mind sharing that info. I'm 20.

Now King/Godfather/Master DarthWolf will rule over this thread.
Bow to me as your new ruler.
Let us celebrate this game with waffles
Who wants some?!

See @WolfOwl, it was normal behaviour:p I also have some wolf knowledge.
What is the condition?
I don't mind sharing that info. I'm 20.
The condition is that the wolf be young (typically 1-3 year's), so they're unlikely to compete with the breeding pair, though even with that condition it is still a absurdly rare occurrence. Honestly it would've been more normal for the scum to kill you outright.
Let's see now, 20 translates to roughly a quarter of human life expectancy, most wolves die around 6 years, though some have been known to live considerably longer (up to 13) in the wild... Hmm, I'm sorry Darth but by typical behaviour you should've been killed by the scum.

Now King/Godfather/Master DarthWolf will rule over this thread.
Bow to me as your new ruler.
Who wants some?!
Sure I'm down for that.

Shouldn't roleblock stop the sacrificer?
Sacrificer?
I loved how the mafia chat had a small panic that I might have ruined them.
Forcing them to my will was also great. Their chat even admits that they have to follow me.
Paranoid until the last moment :)
Glad we could pull it of this time. Thank you as well.
Dylan wasn't the main reason, why did you think that?
You're welcome.
Because he's your IRL friend who gave you IRL waffles?
I didn't even need my powers. Yes, I used them but only because the game was about to end. Might as well use them just in case. That extra night gave me a shock, but I still felt pretty safe. Besides, rolecop was the only thing that ever happened to me.
I still see little point for giving the survivor a 1x self-redirector, this has huge potential risk and little potential gain (such as correctly using it on the Bodyguard the night you would be killed). Although if it could be used alongside Commuter I could see it being used on Reloader constantly for a great combo. Although I'm not getting started on Reloader combos yet.
Who wants some?!
Me pls

The condition is that the wolf be young (typically 1-3 year's), so they're unlikely to compete with the breeding pair, though even with that condition it is still a absurdly rare occurrence. Honestly it would've been more normal for the scum to kill you outright.
Let's see now, 20 translates to roughly a quarter of human life expectancy, most wolves die around 6 years, though some have been known to live considerably longer (up to 13) in the wild... Hmm, I'm sorry Darth but by typical behaviour you should've been killed by the scum.
But in your theory, they don't have waffles

And this is the moment no one is waiting for: BALANCE!

Disclaimer: The below post has no NaCl added.

1x Bulletproof Cop
1x Bulletproof Reloader
Developer With Multiple Personalities
1x Spy 1x Tracker
1x Restricted Gladiator
1x Motivator
1x Sensor
Bodyguard
JOAT (1x Vote Thief 1x Roleblocker 1x Weak Hider)

1x Self-Redirector 1x Commuter Survivor

Godfather 1x Bus Driver 1x Hirer
JOAT (1x Strongman 1x Framer 1x Janitor 1x Rolecop)
Explosive Usurper 1x Rolecop Roleblocker

The first three roles are just OP. 1x Bulletproof + Cop combined makes it hard to dispose of them. We got lucky in rolecopping it and managing to immediately mislynch it, but that doesn't make it any less OP. 1x Bulletproof + Reloader. CRAZY. Reloader alone could reload all the nasty abilities the rest of the town had; especially the Developer ones, since Developer could easily claim and get trusted and then would keep getting fed reloads. Developer could steal votes, block mafia chat (nasty), make himself unlynchable and at the end of it all he got a 1x Bulletproof too! He would keep getting abilities the more it was left alive and they could get reloaded. CRAZY.
1x Spy could be a pain to deal with because Spy is always a pain. 1x Restricted Gladiator was also weird, easily confirmable and could force a lynch on whoever they wished. 1x Motivator isn't OP but could lead to crazy combos with Reloader; I legit suspected Caps double Vote Thieving us. 1x Sensor can also be trouble from time to time. There was another JOAT with 1x Vote Thief (in this game town Vote Thief is actually powerful) and 1x Weak Hider. The fact that there was little protection doesn't mean much.

Even the indep gets abilities they didn't really need, kinda OP in a sense. Plus the Kingmaker value making them a central threat in the end.

What did mafia get in return? Godfather/1x Framer are only useful for the 1x Bulletproof Cop; the moment that's out they become useless. Usurper is straight anti-scum (pro-town) on top of everything else. Mafia only has 2 rolecop shots which might be OK as they're reloadable I guess... but it was very easy for one towny (paticularly Developer) to get confirmed and asked to be the reloaded one forever, so mafia really couldn't get too much help from reloader. Gotta admit strongman was useful and Janitor wasn't bad. Bus Driver is pure luck and Hirer could be cool in giving you a hint of what town has... but it still felt like mafia had little ways to combat that huge arsenal town had. Giving the game's two best roles, Cop and Reloader, a 1x Bulletproof EACH is what really broke it imho.

Sacrificer?
Night 5
jdthebud reloads TheCapsFan
Zexy roleblocks TheCapsFan
TheCapsFan uses Sacrificer
Zexy kills jdthebud
@Wicke ^^
Paranoid until the last moment :)
You should learn to trust me more, even though it a mafia game...
Because he's your IRL friend who gave you IRL waffles?
Only 1 waffle and IRL friend can also give reason to work against him. You and the PJ game were the main reason, that and scumsiding is fun.
I still see little point for giving the survivor a 1x self-redirector, this has huge potential risk and little potential gain (such as correctly using it on the Bodyguard the night you would be killed). Although if it could be used alongside Commuter I could see it being used on Reloader constantly for a great combo. Although I'm not getting started on Reloader combos yet.
I couldn't use them both on the same night.

You won the other game at least :) Also we both made ME mad with these scum wins of ours :p Gg Caps
Yeah but I still could have saved the game for another night at least, had I consolidated the town voters. There's still no saying what Darth could have decided on either; he truly still could have sided with town and won just as easily. And JD reloaded a hacker role to me even after I lost all my roles and conditions.

On the bright side @Elementar I loved my role, I might have to borrow something similar for a future game.

Yeah but I still could have saved the game for another night at least, had I consolidated the town voters. There's still no saying what Darth could have decided on either; he truly still could have sided with town and won just as easily. And JD reloaded a hacker role to me even after I lost all my roles and conditions.

On the bright side @Elementar I loved my role, I might have to borrow something similar for a future game.
We planned to hit WolfOwl anyway so it wouldn't have achieved something. And that's because I suspected JD might be 1x BP Reloader in the end despite how OP it would be :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom