• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Ash vs. Game!Red

GloomyDayze

Reaction score
Someone's gotta' do it.

Ash_Ketchum_Sinnoh.png
VS.
150px-FRLGMaleTrainer.png

Do you prefer the favourite anime hero? Or the cool and collected protagonist? Why?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Ash vs. Red

It's the same person basically0_0
Anyway i picked Red

I love them both equally, but in a battle Red would win sadly.

I'm going with Ash (he has a lot of strong Pokemon with him and I like how he battles, as well as his personality in the anime).

I love Ash too much to say Red. :) Even though Red has 3 votes more ô_ô

I voted for Ash out of pity.

And there are like, four different Reds in canon, and only PokeSpec!Red is that awesome. Game!Red is a tie. All of the other ones...

PokeSpe. Red wins this one. His personality is similar to Ash's, yet he has a cooler team.
Also, Red's Pikachu + Substitute = :yahoo:

Red is the most powerful NPC in the games. He would beat Ash to a pulp. Plus he's just more awesome.

I like Ash more. I'm just more familiar with his character.

And honestly, Red's design has never been my favorite.

Red in both the game and from Pokemon Special. Red actually became Pokemon champion and for all intents and purposes the strongest trainer.

Plus the fact that Red actually ages, gets taller and becomes more mature (in the manga).

Are you kidding Red is more badass. (That's meant to be one sentence.)

PokeSpe Red... Much more of a bishounen, and less of a chaste hero.
Do want.

Red as in both Pokemon Special and game-wise, Seriously, Kanto-Johto Champion anyone?

While Satoshi keeps on resetting himself everytime he goes on another region, at least Red has a more realistic team after all this time. ^3^

As cool as red is, I beat his sorry butt in GSC. And the whole creepypasta of pokemon yellow and blue/green/gary's raticate just was sad.

Ash is cooler therefore, cause he has THE Squirtle squad leader. XD

Let's see, Red defeated the leader of Team Rocket and forced the organization to disband, whereas Ash can't get rid of Jessie, James, and Meowth...

Red beats Blue a minimum of six times, Ash has a losing record against Gary...

Red is a clever loner, strong and silent, Ash is a dull-witted loudmouth dependent on Brock for food...

Red was the protagonist of critically acclaimed video games, Ash the protagonist of a critically panned tv show...

Red wins. By a lot.

Ash because he has more personality. Though it has gone stale over the years. I dislike Red because if he exists, Leaf doesn't. :(

Red managed to win the Pokemon League, defeat the Elite 4, and take down Team Rocket in their entirety. Ash manages to do none of these things spanning over 600 episodes, 13 movies, and 4 different regions. Red's better IMO.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom