• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Ash vs. Game!Red

Re: Ash vs. Red

Game and manga Red.

I like Ash, but Red wins. Hands down. I love how he's so strong and yet never talks. Plus, he's Pokémon Champion.

In the manga, he has a great personality and great Pokémon.

Red beats Ash every time. Doesn't matter if he's from the games or PokeSpe. He still wins.

Is this even a question? Red on all accounts. By far. No matter what incarnation. PokeSpe, games, Flying Spaghetti Monster... you name it, Red's more epic than Ash in all of these forms.

Ash is.....well, annoying at his best. Downright wallbangingly infuriating at his worst.

Ironic, considering Ash's design was based off of Red's.

Anyways, I prefer Red. Ash has such an annoying personality.
She's probably talking about Red's FRLG design. Ash was based off of the original, not frlg. FRLG Red and Ash hardly look alike. Ash's skin is darker and Red's hair is brown -- and that's just hair and skin. & even though he is based on Red, she could still say she likes Ash's more since he's based on him, but not identical.

Anyway, OT, I don't like Red all that much (Ethan & Black plz) so I also voted Ash out of pity.

I liked Ash's initial character development and personality throughout the Kanto saga of the anime, but now he's nothing more than a convenient pawn to move along the show, completely devoid of any real personality, and lost of all previous character development.

PokeSpecial Red is a much more likable character on the other hand, and has actually matured and aged throughout the comic. I even prefer in-game Red over Ash, if only because he doesn't talk. :/

Enlarged and boldfaced to emphasize the point:

A total incompetent like Ash Ketchum is not worthy to even make eye contact with such an epic opponent, let alone battle him. Red wins by default.

red

all he has to say is yes/no and ...................

and he beat team rocket and beat the kanto e-4 and is the hardest trainer in johto

Ash, because Ash actually has a personality and backstory.

Red has backstory; I prefer his backstory to Ash's, actually. Red was a "curious" boy who became interested in Pokemon training after his best friend and neighbor, Blue, stopped playing with him and became a bully. Ash became rivals with Gary after they fought over a Pokeball they'd caught fishing (which is a retcon, considering they act as though they've never met in EP001).

And I think it's unfair to criticize Red for a lack of personality, because he's meant to be an avatar through which you can insert your personality. Silent protagonists are used so the player can immerse themselves more completely in the game. Since this proved so successful, I'd say that relative to his medium (video games vs tv), Red's "strong & silent" personality is superior to Ash's.

Red.
Ash was a crap character from a shitty cartoon which only rapes pokemon game canon and panders to what they assume are retarded elementary school kids.

I'm honestly shocked that pokemon game fans can watch the anime and not hate it for doing that, not to mention don't lose their brain cells from it... unless you're like... 10.

Red FTW. Ash has stayed 10 for how many years? At least Red gets older, NO ONE in the anime has aged a day. Ash isn't even in the games, and Red single handedly disbanded Team Rocket, became pokemon master, became the league champion, and has a better design in my opinion.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom