• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Event Autumn 2023 One-shot Contest Discussion Thread

I've been a little nervous about the deadline, so I'm about to sit the heck down and finish this today, whether I like it or not. It won't be as polished as some of my other fics, but as long as it's complete that's what matters.

Best of luck to everyone still writing, may you find the motivation you need! And for those of ya who won't make it, I'd still very much like to see your stories after the event is wrapped up :bulbaHugs:

Here's my link! Should we post our links on the contest announcement thread, too? (I remember that being part of the original contest rules, so I wanted to check.)
Oh, I think I've mixed up the correct area to do so! Sorry about the confusion! Feel free to post in the original thread as well, I've unlocked it! If not, I'll track them down somehow I guess ʕº̫͡ºʔ

small error that i am very sorry for! timezones are hard, and somehow i said the 29th was the publishing date. it is actually the 30th if you are in american/british timezones! please refer to this for more info, but feel free to post your stories now!

Reminder: The story posting deadline is coming soon, and you are now free to post your stories!

After October 30 11:59 PM GMT (Britain) / October 30 4:59 PM PDT (Pacific Coast America) / October 31 8:59 AM JST (Japan), the deadline for your one-shots will end! Please submit your stories as their own separate threads in The Writer's Workshop, title them as contest fics, and provide a link here or in the announcement thread!

Thank you, and good luck!

I've been a little nervous about the deadline, so I'm about to sit the heck down and finish this today, whether I like it or not. It won't be as polished as some of my other fics, but as long as it's complete that's what matters.
You and me both!!

I planned on finishing it a couple days ago, but the fic is ending up way longer than I planned (still thankfully under cap) but I’m writing the climax as we speak. I have a party to go to tonight so that might stall me a little, but it should be up later today or tomorrow at latest… The crunch is real. Good luck everyone! I’ll read everyone’s after I post mine.

8.9k words or so later… It’s finally posted. Like usual, I have some author’s notes/commentary to make about this one, but I’ll wait until after the event to share them. I hope you enjoy it! I was going to draw a piece to go along with it but alas, not enough time and I have a pressing deadline to get to.

So, I am, too, confused by timezones at times... Would it be O.K. if I posted it tomorrow morning? It's finished, but I'd like to check it more times before posting it. My time zone is GMT+1, so I think it should be fine, but just to make sure...

So, I am, too, confused by timezones at times... Would it be O.K. if I posted it tomorrow morning? It's finished, but I'd like to check it more times before posting it. My time zone is GMT+1, so I think it should be fine, but just to make sure...
Hiya Hydro!! So if you're GMT +1, I believe the deadline would be October 31, 12:59 AM! Which means... go ahead, I think?

@Blanc
When does the voting start again and for how long?
I believe we will begin the voting period after the submission deadline expires, as we will also have a three week judging period. Judging will conclude at midnight GMT, on the 21st of November. I can't quite remember if we have an exact date of when voting begins beyond being a few days or so after submission deadlines are cut, but @lisianthus may be able to correct me on that.

I believe we will begin the voting period after the submission deadline expires, as we will also have a three week judging period. Judging will conclude at midnight GMT, on the 21st of November. I can't quite remember if we have an exact date of when voting begins beyond being a few days or so after submission deadlines are cut, but @lisianthus may be able to correct me on that.
Hi!!!! Blanc is all correct here yes!! Around a few days ~ a week after the deadline is over so people have time to read entries, we'll get the public vote thread all ready! And yes, paneled judging concludes on the 21st of November, but depending on turnout and busyness for the judges it could be sooner! (do not count on this though please!)

I have no idea how, but it's done: here! (I guess I underestimated the amount of small pieces I had written over the last two weeks?)

I have never shared something like this online, ever... I feel so insecure about what I've just posted :bulbaLol: Hopefully, I haven't committed any grammar crimes... Also, not all sources have the same definition of what one shot is, so disqualify me if I've written something that's not one!

Looking forward to reading everyone's work! I haven't had the chance to read any so far but I definitely plan to do so!

Back
Top Bottom