• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Avatar: The Last Airbender Mafia [Game Over]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender Mafia [Day 2]

cuz that her username? :/

Just posting, to show dragonmage that I do have that mark in my username.

And...Sourcandy, there's a risk to posting that list here...I believe hurristat kind of explained that D:

wait, I dint post the roles...just who had replied to me...I edited it anyway :/

Wait... Hurristat was kidnapped? That worries me more so than anything else right now.

I hope he's okay...

I thought IceKyurem was Katara with the odd way he spoke about her, guess I was wrong about that and strangely he was right that she wasn't the healer. At least the doctor is still safe out there somewhere. But it's still a shame we lost Umeko, she was one of our better players.

On another note, sourcandy is making a nice effort, but she may have jumped the gun. Making a CC list is a great idea, but it needs to be handled by someone that we can trust.

I offer this from an offhand source, Solaris is such a person we can trust. We should send him the names of our roles.

The doctor should try and protect him tonight so he has a chance to share those duplicates the following phase.

Anyone that doesn't do so will be found suspicious. [Well bar hurristat until he is freed from his kidnapper]

I am one hundred and twelve years old and what is this

To be honest, I don't care too much for gaming the setup since it ends up making mafia less interesting than it could've been. You can send in your role names if you want, it's really up to you; I don't mind facilitating it. Let's just go with it for now, and I'll post the contradictions and stuff, et cetera.

Eh, it just feels like kind of boring especially after having that debate earlier. Eager for scum to somehow end up deceiving us with some mind-blowing lie so that we can actually do more stuff, actually.

(p.s. I am not Aang, that first line is a joke)

Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender Mafia [Night 1]

If you hide in the shadows, then you're not trying to win; you're trying to survive. Winning != surviving. To reach the goal of winning (lynching scum) you must participate.

People can participate while still hiding in shadow. People can hide in shadow when convenient. Mafia can be bold and avoid the shadow completely. It's an arbitrary metric of finding mafia. The best record we have for catching mafia is fact.

Scum don't want to lynch scum, so they don't want to participate to reach that goal, and therefore will hide in the shadows. (obviously people are smarter than that but whatever, it's just theory.)

From my experience, mafia members here actively vote against their members when the cause is lost. Mafia don't like to be seen as not having voted against mafia members. A record of never voting against mafia is not something a mafia member wants to have. There comes a point where mafiosi can't stay in shadow.

This is silly. Use common sense. If I vote someone for being anti-town, but you don't think that person is anti-town, then vote me because my reasoning is illogical.

I don't think that you're mafia. I think that you're misguided. If I disagree with you on voting somebody, under these circumstances, it would make no sense for me to vote against you.

Being 'anti-town' is a flexible label. It can cover anything. People hiding to avoid attention can just as easily be important innocents. People going against whatever you consider 'pro-town' can easily have roles that justify their behavior.

probability can go jump in a well

I'd rather not lynch at all than lynch a potential innocent. On the first day, we simply don't know.

If there are five points of evidence that point to a guy being scum as opposed to, like, zero points that point to him being town, then obviously he should be lynched.

It depends on the evidence. Being 'anti-town' or suspicious is not justifiable. Having a poor voting record is better evidence. Having a cop claim against you is better evidence. Being caught in a lie is better evidence. Your current examples are not good lynching evidence.

If he's town, then too bad. Evidence pointed towards him being scum, so it was still justified.

It can be 'justified' all you want; the situation's still going to be bad when an innocent dies.

This is completely different from "random voting", which is voting people based on no evidence.

It all depends on the evidence. So far, we have none.

EDIT: I'm going to be on a trip to Chicago until Saturday. I will miss 2 phase changes. I will not have internet access. Apologies for any inconveniences this will cause.

Last edited:
Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender Mafia [Night 1]

There is a group of people (say, 10 people). A small part of them (say, 2 people) are murderous and will kill someone every night. During the day, the group of people gets a chance to converge and talk to one another and figure out who could possibly be one of the murderers.

It is the first day of converging and nobody has died yet.

Suddenly, a person says something that strikes you as odd, if not suspicious. What do you do?

A. Confront them about it; he could very well be one of the murderers and you should never let anything suspicious pass, no matter how small. Heck, why not put a vote on it, to reinforce your accusation? If he continues to be suspicious then we should probably lynch him since he doesn't seem to be trying to help anyway.
B. Think about it logically for a moment. There's only a 20% chance that this person could actually be scum, and besides it's not like there's any concrete evidence that points towards it. He could've just been confused for a moment. It's better to just ignore it and wait until someone actually dies so that we have information to go on.

There's a marked difference between confronting the suspicious party and killing him outright.

There's a marked difference between confronting the suspicious party and killing him outright.

I have never said anything about killing anyone outright. If you've been interpreting all my posts as such then what we have here is a failure to communicate.

Sorry guys, I just woke up to find Katara dead and hurristat kidnapped? :O

I have to admit that this game is really moving fast. I mean, we're already at day 2!

This game is moving at a really fast rate compared to the other. I think we need to get moving ASAP.

Sourcandy, I'm not going to reply to you. You might be mafia and just faking that you're town, so the Town will think they can trust you and PM you their roles, confirming that they're Town. Then you can share who's what role with your Mafia buddies, and weed out the important roles so that it's easier for you to win.

And because of all that, I'm going to do this.
Vote: Sourcandy

Last edited:

The pace of this game is moving too fast. Therefore, it is almost impossible for me to deduce much. I can tell that Sourcandy is role fishing. However, it's a 50/50 chance of being village/mafia if my time at EM has told me anything about it.

HEY MAFIA, YOU THERE. SHOW YOURSELF SO WE CAN VOTE YOU. PLEASE, I BEG OF YOU.

Sourcandy, I'm not going to reply to you. You might be mafia and just faking that you're town, so the Town will think they can trust you and PM you their roles, confirming that they're Town. Then you can share who's what role with your Mafia buddies, and weed out the important roles so that it's easier for you to win.

And because of all that, I'm going to do this.
Vote: Sourcandy

alright,vote for me. but would a mafia memeber just jump in front of everyone and reveal his character,NO! they might be an innocent with that character,bringing down his plans! I called im not afraid,come on if there is someone who has this character just call out and you can lynch me!
ohh well!
Vote:IceKyurem
you just didnt replied to me,rasing a flag,but you also vote for me without solid evidence!

alright,vote for me. but would a mafia memeber just jump in front of everyone and reveal his character,NO! they might be an innocent with that character,bringing down his plans! I called im not afraid,come on if there is someone who has this character just call out and you can lynch me!
ohh well!
Vote:IceKyurem
you just didnt replied to me,rasing a flag,but you also vote for me without solid evidence!
In this game there's hardly any 'solid evidence'. It's mostly theory. Decisions are based on theory. And my decision to lynch you was based on my theory that you were Mafia.

You might be a townsfolk, but there's still a chance that you're Mafia. And I don't want to be giving my role out to the Mafia.

Also, if there was to be any role collecting done, it should be done by a dead player. That way, they can't share any information and give any team the upper hand.

Also, if there was to be any role collecting done, it should be done by a dead player. That way, they can't share any information and give any team the upper hand.

Um...what good would that do? A dead player can't do anything to influence the game since he's well....dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom