• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

B2/W2 Grievances and Disappointments

Those annoying breeders you are forced to battle each time you pass by them. I'm okay with rebattling trainers, but don't force me to do it when I am just trying to go from Nimbasa to Castelia

You can avoid them both

1.Use the rocks on route 4 to your advantage
2.The one on route 15 can easily be missed(just use lower half of the bridge)

I have one of my own in

Why are the stands in Big Small Stadiums accesible but you can't see anything going on

Im also one of those people that found the lack of the Original Dragon dissapointing. I felt that we could have at least seen it, I was curious as to what it looked like. I also wanted to know about the cube N carries around. Nothing about that was explained at all, so maybe it doesnt have any significance, but he always carries it so I dunno.

While I thought these games were great, had tons of postgame content, and addressed SOME of the loose threads left at the end of the BW plot, the one thing I didn't like was the lack of the BW player characters. They get referenced multiple times, you visit their mother, N wants to thank them, and the Memory Link would have been perfect for a battle against them. You hear about and meet N and his dragon, why not the hero/heroine and opposite dragon who beat them?

I agree with this. It would've been nie to have a red style showdown a la gold/silver

Totally. They missed a trick there. It's downright illogical that they didn't involve the PCs in some way.
Totally agree. The "s/he went to search N to thank him" excuse gets more ridiculous since N is back in Unova and it appears to have been in Unova for a while.

This is a tiny, tiny grievance but I kinda wish they'd given the shiny Dratini Multiscale. I'm not sure why they chose not to. Seems odd to me.
Oh and a slightly larger grievance for me is the overall appearance of the player characters. So, so, so bad.

I disagree. Actually, I disliked how cheap has become to get Shiny dragons. Shiny Dratini, shiny Gible, shiny Haxorus, just because. Adding them DW abilities would have been too much. At least, back in HGSS, red Gyarados had some plot.

Im also one of those people that found the lack of the Original Dragon dissapointing. I felt that we could have at least seen it, I was curious as to what it looked like. I also wanted to know about the cube N carries around. Nothing about that was explained at all, so maybe it doesnt have any significance, but he always carries it so I dunno.

I disagree. I'm glad that the 'original dragon' didn't make an appearance, because it just adds to the mystery and wonder of it. I also think that seeing the 'completeness' would kind of ruin the 'incomplete' black/white dichotomy that we have.

The lack of the BW protagonists was disappointing but not too much. Their inclusion would've been nice but I can live without them.

I haven't even finished the game because it just feels too much like a rehash of White 1, but with a less compelling plot and not enough change to warrant me wanting to go through it again. I mean, I hardly replay pokemon games anyways but I have never had an incentive to replay White 1. And now that feels exactly like what I'm doing. Feli tells me that the game picks up after Opelucid City, but I don't get a lot of time to play and I've only just gotten there. If it takes the game this long to get "good" then I don't really care too much. I'll finish it eventually I guess...

Feli tells me that the game picks up after Opelucid City, but I don't get a lot of time to play and I've only just gotten there. If it takes the game this long to get "good" then I don't really care too much. I'll finish it eventually I guess...
The story gets better as it reaches the climax, but even then, that doesn't necessarily make it good. I find it considerably lacking.

The games are great in terms of content. I kind of feel overwhelmed at how much I have to do and I don't really know where to start with the post-game content. It is the first time I felt that the game could be termed as "endless" at least in the sense that I will not actually beat the game completely for a long time yet to come. However one thing that bothers me is the key aspect, especially in regards to Challenge Mode and Easy Mode. You can only access Challenge Mode after beating the game and only if you are playing Black 2 (which I am), and cannot get Easy Mode unless you exchange the keys between White 2 etc. Now I don't mind doing this with the Regiis as Pokemon have always made exclusive version content and that is in the true spirit of the francise when you need two people to use the opposite version to complete the Pokedex and access other areas (Like the ability to go to White Forest/Black City).

But with the difficulty levels, it felt pointless.

I also think the storyline took a step back as it didn't answer all that many questions about aspects introduced in BW and did not really feel like a sequel (but rather a spin-off) unless you played BW first and then did the memory link. With BW2, to get the full experience, it feels as if you HAVE to play the originals first... which is fine but still. But I feel the Memory Link robbed something from the game a bit. Not least because the original you from BW is only ever mentioned but NEVER APPEARS. Given that s/he was the one who beat N and saved the world, I think s/he deserves a cameo much like Red got in GSC. I know its personal preference but it is one of things I held most against the game... the fact that you never appear to the new you and you couldn't even use the memory link to replicate the original you from BW and fight you, once. :p

- The fact that we didn't get any new information about the Abyssal Ruins. I remember I was really excited to find out what cool stuff they might have put in there, but nope, nothing. All we got was a book that could decipher the stone texts (which were already deciphered in BW) and black dots for the unknown symbols. I guess they kept it out to continue speculation and I understand the fun of that, but I wanted answers.

- Easy/Challenge Key system. What a load of disappointment.

- A lot of move animations STILL suck (Solarbeam...).

- No Hilbert/Hilda in the post-game. Using Memory Link to battle your BW self would have been awesome imo. I guess you would need to "re-sync" with your BW game to re-battle them if you want to use different parties though, but having a separate menu in the Unova Link could fix that I suppose. Seriously, I don't think it would've been hard to incorporate. No NPC can match a real player, but giving them higher AI than any other would be something at least.

- The appearance of Black/White Kyurem was extremely short lived. The "final duel" was so sudden I thought Ghetsis would appear before you again when he disappeared after being defeated. I kind of wanted Ghetsis to run away with it with the player and N in hot pursuit or something. Like, actually USING B/W-Kyurem towards a goal.. but all that happened was that it fused (which included a really cool animated clip though) with Reshiram/Zekrom, battled you and then, upon its defeat, reversed the fusion. I felt more could've been done there.

And that's all I got for now. I love B2W2 a whole lot, but I felt it didn't really.. give it all as I wanted it to do?

- The fact that we didn't get any new information about the Abyssal Ruins. I remember I was really excited to find out what cool stuff they might have put in there, but nope, nothing. All we got was a book that could decipher the stone texts (which were already deciphered in BW) and black dots for the unknown symbols. I guess they kept it out to continue speculation and I understand the fun of that, but I wanted answers.

Somehow I have a feeling they intend to pull an HGSS Arceus-like event to expand on it and left this open for such a possibility. Maybe in Gen VI (if they make it connected to Unova in a way like GSC or something). You never know with Pokemon.

Somehow I have a feeling they intend to pull an HGSS Arceus-like event to expand on it and left this open for such a possibility. Maybe in Gen VI (if they make it connected to Unova in a way like GSC or something). You never know with Pokemon.

I really hope they do something with it at least, I'd hate to see it being left unfinished. It got so much potential of turning into a good story.

The fact that N's journey in the unnamed faraway region meant absolutely nothing.
Wow, I didn't even think of that. :/

I'm disappointed to know that I went through that whole Abyssal Ruins translating just for the ancient crown.
I thought that place'd have a lot more significance...

Pikachu evolution family (including Pichu and Raichu) were not in Unova Dex, B2W2 did not make Zangoose and Seviper version exclusives, version-exclusive key systems, no 3rd versions.

B2W2 had a good plot imo, so personally I don't have problems there. But I'm also one of those that was disappointed with the Easy/Challenge mode being unlocked post-story. And that the main character from the Memory Link data could have helped an appearance. Really, if the Memory Link can activate certain battles (Bianca and Cheren battles), having Hilbert/Hilda make an appearance would have been neat.
Another small disappointment is the lack of information provided about the B/W characters in the Join Avenue. The 'if they have a record in Hall of Fame' and all that. It would have been neat to have that information displayed for BW characters that own shops in the Join Avenue.

I kind of wish that the two Shiny Pokemon (Dratini and Gible) Would be randomly choosed, I have Pokemon B2 and I really want shiny Dratini! :saiyan:=Pure rage! Lolz

For me, mainly the fact it felt like a rehash of BW1, which I found to be too easy/linear, and the fact they decided to make it on the aging DS, even though the 3ds is already out and making a new game on the 3ds would push tons of consoles.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom