• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Back to Its Roots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majin Mew

Hotter than you.
Reaction score
It's been quite a while since I was last in a Pokemon RP. I decided if I was going to go back why do it with the average RP. I needed something more than just a journey RP, more than an academy, and much more than a simple tourney.

Back to Its Roots

Long ago, back near the human races very beginnings the world was pure. Humans and pokemon coexisted peacefully, battling was unheard of. Humans rarely even took pokemon as companions, but a similar practice was used. Seconds after a human was born the Legendary Pokemon bestowed upon them shapeshifting abilities. Each was given the power to morph into one species of pokemon, either fully or into a hybrid form. As technology grew and humans bond with the Legendaries died away, the practice faded, giving way for the sport of training.

Recently technology has, in a sense, taken over the world. The Devon Corporation has become the leading organization across the world having bought out most of its competition including Silph Co. Factories are constantly being built polluting the planet and destroying the wilderness. The new president of the company couldn't care less about the welfare of the world; he's just after the money. He's hired Team Rocket to stop any protests and to destroy any competition that arises.

Obviously the Legendaries are not happy about this. They have decided to give a select group of people the powers they had used to give to everyone. These humans are to rebel and fight back against the rising empire that is Devon. The Legendaries want the world returned the way it once was, in the time of peace. Will these few be successful in their mission and restore the world to its former beauty or will they fail at the cost of the planet itself.

Rules:
1.Godmodding and Bunnying are serious no-no's.
2.Romance allowed just keep it PG-13.
3.Rocket and Devon workers are allowed as characters, but only at request.
4.No pokemon will be kept on hand for the gifted. All battles will be done with powers.
5.When the RP starts no one has been given powers yet.
4.In this RP I am god. Break these rules and you will feel my wrath.

Profile Skelly:

Name:
Appearance: (Please, no pictures)
Personality:
History: (optional)
Species: (What pokemon they can morph into)
Other:

Last edited:
Name: Sally Colman
Appearance: Sally is about 4"4' and is about 101 pound. She has brown Eyes and red hair, which she wears in a pony tail. she has a light skin color, and freckles. she wears a green sweater, with a pink shirt underneath. she wears black pants and brown boots.

Personality: Sally tends to be a kind person, she is upfront about things even to the point of being rude, even if she doesn't think it. she can be hyperactive, especially For she just woke up or has had sugar, or is tried. She does try to be nice, and tends to come of as naive.

History: Sally comes from a small family of breeders, who run a small town day care in the Unova region. she was raised to care about pokemon, and seems to fallow this. she has one older bother, who will take over the business, and a younger sister. she has lived a quite life life until now.

Species: Galvantula

Other: She has a fear of Bonsly and Sudowoodo because of when a pack of them gained up on her when she was young.

Accepted! *had no idea what a galvantula was* God I should probably memorize the new ones.

An original RPG that's not a journey, tourney, or academy story?? Sounds like my cup of tea ;D

Though, I have to say... I'm a bit on the fence with this one. I'm really considering using an old character of mine, but I also wouldn't mind mixing it up a bit. Is there a one character limit per RPer? If there is, I'll just use Eli, so here's my sign-up.

Name: Eli Black
Appearance: Eli has shimmering black hair, dark brown eyes, and tan skin. He stands at about 5'9", and weighs no more than 140 pounds. He wears large, dark blue jeans, and almost always a bright yellow shirt, and black and white tennis shoes.
Personality: Eli doesn't talk much, even to those close to him. When he does talk, he usually speaks in very abstract, philosophical ways, often trying to convince whoever he's speaking to that the world is a far worse place than all of the happy people would like to realize.
History: When he was young, Eli lived a normal, happy life in Lavender Town. He didn't see his father very often, as he worked at the Kanto Power Plant and was forced away from home often, but his father would occasionally bring him to the Power Plant, a highlight of his young life. It was this experience that caused him to develop an affinity for electric Pokémon and for the massive amounts of energy they could conjure up seemingly out of nowhere. Now that the evil and corruption of the world has grown to unprecedented power, he's lost hope for the planet and would much rather prefer to be a bystander than involve himself in a losing battle.
Species: Electivire
Other: N/A

Accepted! I've been weighing the more than one character thing, but considering I'll most likely be making a few characters just to make the story work, I figure there shouldn't be any limit, just make sure you can handle them all.

Name: Daemon Santos

Appearance: Daemon's hair is unnaturally black and is constantly in front of his eyes. He had been born with black hair, but as time went on it began to lighten. He then began to dye it the darkest shade he could possibly find. His eyes are dark brown and his skin is fairly tanned, but that is mostly from his heritage seeing as he prefers to stay out of the sun. He stands at 6'2" with a medium build. While not the darkest person in the world, Daemon does like to keep up an image as one. His entire wardrobe is mostly made up of shades of grey and black. He's most often seen wearing a black zip up hoodie over a dark grey t-shirt. He never wears anything but jeans which are the only things in his wardrobe that can stray from black. He tends to prefer dark blue, baggy jeans over anything else. He wears black and white skating shoes, despite not knowing the first thing about skating. Around his neck hangs a silver chain with a crescent moon pendant at the end. He also wears a spiked, dog collar bracelet on his left arm.

Personality: Daemon keeps up his dark image not only with his clothing but also the way he acts. He tends to be antisocial preferring to be by himself. He can be especially cold to those he doesn't know and will be even worse to those who have crossed him. He has a strange mindset that if anyone wrongs him they are his enemy for life. On the rare occasion that he does make friends or finds a girl he likes than he will be much nicer to them and often consider them part of his "pack". He will then feel the need to protect them at all costs. He becomes easily frustrated and will occasionally snap into fits of rage that for the most part don't end until he's out of energy. When annoyed he will often just respond with grunts or growls and if he actually does use words they will most likely be sarcastic.

History: Born and raised in Fuchsia City, Daemon was around pokemon his entire life. He was constantly sneaking into the Safari Zone when no one was looking, only to be caught once. He preferred the company of the pokemon much more than other people's. On his tenth birthday he was given his first pokemon, a male Poochyena, by the Safari Warden who was a family friend. He then began to train in the local gym under Koga, however much to his dismay he also had to study "ninjutsu" to continue his training.

Species: Mightyena

Last edited:
so the journey, academy or tournament style wasn't good enough for you... you made an adventure rp :D anywho reserve please and i'll maybe get an su up some time sooner or later... and seriously... more daemons? :D

Just asking, is there any age restriction, like, do you have to be between 13-20 or something?

@fundamental Yes more Daemons, go to almost every RP I've ever been in. Most of them will have Daemons in them.
@Shadow Victini No not really, but not too old. Like it would be kind of weird having a fifty year old among a bunch of teenagers. I'd say early thirties is about the limit.

Nevermind, finished.

Name: Anastasia “Anya” James

Appearance: Anya is medium-height, with pale skin, with a heart-shaped face, short brown hair-just past her ears- and hazel eyes. She wears a white shirt under an unzipped tan army-jacket, and low-rise blue-jeans, and white socks with gray high-top Converse.

Anya stands about 5"6' and weighs around 116 pounds. She has a slight spray of freckles across her nose, and she's very pale. She has a sort of elfish appearance, including a mischevious glint in her eye. She somewhat resembles a modern, tomboy version of Belle.

Personality: Anya is sarcastic and witty, with a lot of determination. She also has a very bad knee-jerk reaction when anyone tells her no. About anything. Ever. If you’ve ever read Eggs by Jerry Spinelli, she’s a lot like Primrose from that book.

Anya's a tomboy to the death. She's quiet and a little rebellious, but once you get to know her, she will be one of the best, more loyal friends you will ever have. She prefers reading to interaction, but she will rough you up bad if you hurt someone she loves.

History: Can’t think of one. Will be thought-of during RP and explained gradually.

Species: Espeon

Last edited:
Hmm, Pending It's a bit lacking. Could use some more in Appearance and Personality. Wait a minute...*looks at signature and location*

Excuse me for sounding silly, but whats a Daemons?

The plural of Daemon, madame. They are the human link between the universes of roleplaying!

Name:Andria Rui

Appearance: Andria has Black hair down to her shoulders and she has yellow eyes, she wears a sleeveless white shirt with a black vest, and a long orange scarf. She has a blue and white baseball hat with black gloves. She wears tattered jeans and standard sneakers. Andria has a brown backpack that she keeps food supplies in.

Personality: Usually carefree, but serous when she needs to be. She is cold to people she doesn't know and likes to do things her way. If she doesn't get her way she just go off and blow off steam. The few friends she does has she cares for and would protect with all she has.

History: Andria grew up in a small town put in the country, she lived alone with her mother on a small farm, Andria's dad passed away when she was 3. She lived a part from the other kids in town, as technology rose people wanted more efficient ways to run farms, Andria's family farm went out of business. They found new jobs in a city where they worked day and night. Andria's mom grew ill from all the work in the city's dirty air. A family friend took them in and supported them. But Andria's mom wasn't getting better. She eventually moved away to where she could heal, but they couldn't send Andria with her. After a couple weeks alone Andria took some food and left the city and now she wanderers around towns stealing food.

Species: Umbreon

Other: She has a fear of tall people, because when she was little tall people would gang up on her for being small. Lexie is afraid of Gastly because they look like a monster in a horror movie she saw when she was little. Andria's orange scarf is her security blanket.

Name: Calvin O'Brien
Appearance: He has fair skin, golden-brown spiky hair, blue eyes, and a round face. He stands at 6'3" with a prominently muscular build. He wears a blue hat with a gray Poké Ball symbol, gray long sleeve undershirt, blue gloves with gray fingers, blue cargo jeans, and blue shoes with gray trim.

Personality: Calvin is not a social person at all. His Aspergers combined with previous experiences with people prevents him from forging, let alone sustaining a friendship with many people. With a concerted effort however, he can put aside his antisocial tendencies and become a loyal companion to anyone, especially if they did something for him. Outside of his antisociality, he has a militaristic discipline, but is also quiet and laid-back. He has a tendency to make deadpan, snarky, and sarcastic remarks when someone leaves themselves open to it. He is very investigative about things, sometimes with little regard for privacy if the matter he's investigating is serious enough.

History: Calvin was an odd child, to say the least. He was never social with anyone, and was always quietly investigating something. When he turned 13, he joined a Junior Detective Agency out of desire to put his natural investigative skills to good use. He was offered the position of leader of his own squad, but declined to go on a short leave for family reasons. He does whatever he can to uphold the moral values of the Agency whenever possible.

Species: Espeon
Other:

Hi Cally! Our charas have the same Pokemon-form!!

Majin, are we gonna start soon?

Name: Kitsune
Appearance: Has short, messy, white hair, wears a grey hoodie over a white t-shirt, blue jeans, and tennis shoes.
Personality: Calm and brutally honest, seemingly cold and distant, but quite friendly one you get to know him.
History: He came from Lavaridge Town, where it is always "nice and warm", as he says. As a result, he really dislikes the cold. Shunned by most people for what they saw as stupidity, he turned to Pokemon for company.
Species: Vulpix
Other:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom