• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Battle Of Hogwarts [NIGHT 4; 3/12]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, he didnt think he could join so I shot him a PM, he's the only new player who signed up late.

Oh we're talking about GUT READS HERE?

##FingerOfSuspicion Flipflopcorn

What are you doing in this game aside from trying to get clarity on roles?
Deciding, and waiting for MCH.
Vote: Returnofmastercrazyhand
I'm sorry kiddo, but Neon has a reasonable defense, and you haven't.

As for who I am? My character is a guy. I think I can guess who Dylanpiera is, and if I'm right he's town - he can't be nagini, she's female.

Didn't expect the game to have started already. Confirms were quick.

Anyway i'm caught up. I think right now I believe Neonsands and Elieson enough to go with it. That leaves MCH and Hessain. MCH is contributing now and he did say that lynching him would be a bad idea so that's something I guess. (Also I kinda feel for him, he gets lynched early on in too many games)
I don't mind talking to people privately at any point. Either a lot of people have changed their username recently or we have new players. Makes things harder if you don't know your enemy :cautious:

Vote: Hessian

And Voldemort may be fugly as hell but it's pretty obvious he's a dude? xD

Just got home so I'll post my thoughts. Neonsands' role isn't suspicious imo, so I'll trust that. Elieon can't necessarily be trusted as of yet, but it's the best lead as of yet.

Nothing personal. I don't see anything suspicious about MCH and those are the best options at the moment

Question: Is lynch voting a mandatory thing or is not?
(As in will we get punished for not voting?)

I think it's too risky to pile up that many Hessian (Majestic) votes.
He is a player who kinda forgets to check the thread most of the time.
In the Whoniverse game where massclaims were rampant he was the only person to never exchange a PM with someone.

so much shit to go through. Gonna start at the beginning and slowly work my way forward. Also Zexy, I'm sorry, but this is a wallpost. There was no easier way to get through the entire 5+ pages I had missed thoroughly.

Can something be done about the giant blue block that appears via Spoiler here?

ANNNYWHO

##Vote Neonsands

My rolePM says there is guaranteed to be at least one Mafia-aligned player between Neonsands, Hessian and returnofmastercrazyhand. I just Random.ORG'd a roll since i have no context to base anything on.

I have never seen anything like this. I checked all of the passive and informative roles in the categories on MafiaScum, and nothing popped up. I'm not too inclined to trust this claim just yet, especially because you're a tricky one. But considering this is the only information we have, and that we'll still gain even more information from lynching the people on this list, we might as well start here.

Janitors are rare here. I don't think I've seen one here before.

The Hogwarts janitor, Filch, is a re-occurring character in the HP universe which makes Janitor a very distinct possibility. Which makes me trust Elie even less because mafia!Elie would know that Janitor DOES exist...However, I don't understand why Filch would be part of Voldemort's Army, so there's a continuity error with that theory.

It's called Oracle, geez.

"An Oracle is a player who can ask the moderator about general information regarding the setup." - via the website you literally just gave us

How does the role that Neon claimed and this role even correlate?

Pikochu doesn't look as reserved as in Whoniverse in which he was scum. Gut read town.

I agree with this read. Actually, Pikochu is my only town read so far.

The first non-person character that comes to mind is Nagini, Voldemort's pet snake.

Vote: dylanpiera

This post is a little quick to judge. Personally, Dobby, and Hedwig come to my mind before Nagini when I think of non-person characters.

And Voldemort may be fugly as hell but it's pretty obvious he's a dude? xD

Please tell me you're not softclaiming Voldemort.

Here are some theories I have at this moment:
- Best-Case Scenario: Everyone's telling the truth. We correctly find and lynch the mafioso from Elie's list. Elie is checked tonight and confirmed town. All hunky-dory. We scumhunt based on D1 actions and continue to gain information.
- Neonsands is scum, and has lied about his role in hopes to gather information and claims for the Mafia. This came to mind because I'm not sure I trust Neon's role claim yet. The fact that this theory and the worst-case scenario theory listed below exist in my mind really worries me especially because Neon seems to already be getting claims.
- Elie is scum, and has bussed one of his fellow mafioso members in his list in order to seem town. If this is correct, Elie could be Godfather.
- Worst-Case Scenario: This is somewhat of a continuation from the above two theories. Elieson and Neonsands are both scum, and are working together. In order for this theory to work, however, one of either MCH or Hessian must also be scum, and Neonsands must be the Godfather. The idea behind this is that they bus one of their mafioso to make Elie seem town. If the cop chooses to check Neon tonight, then Neon would become the town leader, and gain more information for the mafia. This would eventually lead to a tearing apart of the town.

To close,

In the Whoniverse game where massclaims were rampant he was the only person to never exchange a PM with someone.

Precisely why I am not voting for him, and why I disagree with his entire bandwagon.

Going with the information we have, that leaves Neonsands and MCH. Regardless of what I personally think about it, Neonsands's claim seems to be convincing enough for now. We'll definitely have to look back at this at a later point, and soon, too, since he's already getting private claims. For now I'm going to VOTE: ReturnofMCH but that's subject to change if he can provide me with enough evidence.

Lastly, I'd like to hear from @Slife , @Noivern , and @PaulTheProtist at least once before the end of the dayphase. A lot has transpired and your opinions would be greatly appreciated.

My main concern is Elie's claim is that if Elie is scum, he might be using the list to distract town to keep other Mafia members under the radar. Like I said, should we decide to lynch one of the following on the list and they flip town, all three of them have some serious explaining to do in Day 2.

Think I'm going to change my vote for pressure since at least MCH tried to defend himself and I really want to hear Hessian's thoughts on this.

Unvote: returnofMCH

- Neonsands is scum, and has lied about his role in hopes to gather information and claims for the Mafia. This came to mind because I'm not sure I trust Neon's role claim yet. The fact that this theory and the worst-case scenario theory listed below exist in my mind really worries me especially because Neon seems to already be getting claims.
- Worst-Case Scenario: This is somewhat of a continuation from the above two theories. Elieson and Neonsands are both scum, and are working together. In order for this theory to work, however, one of either MCH or Hessian must also be scum, and Neonsands must be the Godfather. The idea behind this is that they bus one of their mafioso to make Elie seem town. If the cop chooses to check Neon tonight, then Neon would become the town leader, and gain more information for the mafia. This would eventually lead to a tearing apart of the town.

Going with the information we have, that leaves Neonsands and MCH. Regardless of what I personally think about it, Neonsands's claim seems to be convincing enough for now. We'll definitely have to look back at this at a later point, and soon, too, since he's already getting private claims. For now I'm going to VOTE: ReturnofMCH but that's subject to change if he can provide me with enough evidence.

Let me just address some concerns. I really haven't gotten many claims (maybe two total). That's why I only asked for gender. I figure that's at least useful to help me clear up some confusion and prevent late fakeclaims. If people have to think on their feet and start thinking up their counterclaim now, then they are more likely to mess up and claim the same as someone else.

I'm more than happy to wait until I've been cleared. As well, I've been talking with people and giving my opinions. I'm happy to do it with whoever wants to talk. My thoughts are essentially public knowledge for whoever wants to know. I can't share claims until I have someone I trust, but my own ideas are free game. I'm happy to claim character, role, whatever is needed honestly. I'm an open book, friend =D

Hey hey.

This is basically like a new player, to be honest. Fresh out. The kind of gameplay that Bulbagarden invites isn't exactly the same as the things they do on the other side.

MCH and Hessian do both look like equally good votes, but...

I think I'll wait a few more hours and watch things unfold.

So you think MCH should get the vote?

Deciding, and waiting for MCH.
Vote: Returnofmastercrazyhand
you would be losing an important role here...
I find the case on me utterly stupid. if a role PM says I'm scum how does that make me scum? for all we know ellieson could be mafia and saying that to throw me under the bus.
if you must know, I CAN CLAIM.

fine... if you must know... I AM THE COP!!!!!!!!
there, now the doctor should protect me.
remember in murder she wrote I also the cop after being semi-pressured?
well deja-vu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom