• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Best anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved FLCL, as well as Case Closed (Detective Conan). I also enjoyed watching "Hell Girl", but I never finished the whole season.

Simply put, Cowboy Bebop.

One of the best I've ever seen.

I don’t watch enough anime to know if this qualifies as “best anime,” but I really enjoyed both Serial Experiments Lain and Now and Then Here and There. Neither gets any points for art quality, but they were both worth the time spent watching.

Pokemon!
Pokemon is the best anime ever in my opinion. It's so unique and interesting, and I love how they placed real world animals in it (i.e., Ibui, Raichu, et cetera)! It's also the first anime I've ever seen, and I've loved it since it first came out about 10-12 years ago! It's very interesting, the Pokemon battles can be epic, and sometimes the dub even makes hilarious mistakes. And with the longest line of fun and exciting video games, it makes it an absolute thrill to be a part of this franchise.
Favorite Characters: Shinji, Raichu, Haruka, Rizadon, Takeshi, Shu, Harley, Reiji, Hyouta, and a few more that I don't feel like listing.

Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-Chan
Now this show, translated as Club-to-Death Angel Dokuro-Chan has never been released in english. Despite how short the episodes, and the overall anime, are, it's still fun to watch. Be warned, though, because if you want to watch it on YouTube, you should be at least 14 or 16. It's very bloody, and kinda of an ecchi anime, too. However, it's funny and creative, nonetheless. If you're looking for hilarious fanservice, this is the anime for you!
Favorite Characters: Sakura (Boy. Hilarious, right? XD), Sabato, and Dokuro

Shaman King
Well, I don't know much about it, but I've watched the ending in english when I was younger, and I'm currently on episode 6 of the Japanese version. I find it unique and pretty cool, too. Shamans, spirits, cute guys, what more could a girl want in an anime? Especially a girl that enjoys the supernatural!
Favorite Characters: Ren, Yoh, Horohoro, Lyserg, and Mic Jaguar (I think that's Chocolove's spirit's name.)

Neon Genesis Evangelion
Who doesn't like this anime? It is one of the best, well thought-out, and well planned anime ever. I really believe that this anime gets to people emotionally when they watch it. Shinji is so. . Screwed up in the head that it gets really confusing to watch if you don't listen carefully. Personally, I think the original is the best version of this, especially for Shinji's delicious screaming. . Yum. I recommend this anime to anyone who enjoys robots, blood, and drama.
Favorite Characters: Shinji, Rei, Kaji, Toji, Hikari

If I think of more, I'll gladly post them up!

I'm not realy a big fan of anime since I don't watch it too often, but if I had to make a list I would have:

Cowboy Bebeop

School Rumble (sooo funny)

Azumanga Daioh

Sailor Moon

Pokemon (mostly the first season, and the orange islands)

Fruits Basket

Tenchi Muyo

As for worst animes, I know these are pretty popular, but I realy dont like the shonen animes with the big sword fights etc. Like Naruto, Bleach, Dragonball.

I have little experience with anime, but I would say Cowboy Bebop and Death Note are at the top of my list. Cowboy Bebop because it's just so classic. Plus the episode titles and music is very unique. Plus I'm a sucker for sf. Death Note because it has such an interesting plot and raises questions about morality and so on. Plus it's a mystery.

But then again, I've only seen a handful of anime, non in their entirety.

Pokemon and Avatar. Oh yeah.

Avatar was made by a Western company, so it isn't really anime to us. It is to the Japanese, who use anime as an umbrella term for cartoons of any nationality, but our definition is "Japanese animation". Anything that was made by a Japanese studio - like the majority of The Animatrix shorts, Batman: Gotham Knight, or OBAN Star Racers (which was developed between Japan and France) - is anime to us.

My definition of Anime it the style. I dont care what company makes it.

I cant believe I forgot one of my favorites: Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro

I thought Death Note was great but now after watching the Dragon Ball Z remastered boxsets I now believe DBZ is the best of the very best, ironically many, many years after its first release Dub-wise.

My best anime would be Naruto. The neverending storyline, the battles, the rumor, and the occasional romance are great. Also I do have little fantasy crushes on Naruto and Sasuke.

My other 2 favorites would be Vampire Knight and either Pokemon or The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

it would definitly be Bleach only because its like DBZ exept with swords it alsoit has addictive story lines like you wanna know what happens next.

I've been warming up to Fist of the North Star lately. This is a series that ran from 1984-1987, and is quite action packed. I feel that a lot of older series are being ignored now by the "gotta have the latest thing" crowd. You never know, a series like this might not be your cup of tea, but I'd recommend watching a couple episodes at least and seeing what you think.

You can watch the subs legally at Crunchyroll (toei is uploading it subbed). http://www.crunchyroll.com/library/Fist_of_the_North_Star

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom