• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Best Gen I Pokemon

Best-Pikachu, Raichu, Growlithe, Blastoise, and Charizard.
Worst-Tentacool, Tentacruel, Magikarp, and Zubat.

I loved my Red Blastoise for its badass design.

And I loved Mewtwo just for the fact that it's a superweapon in the form of a vaguely humanoid felid.

Dragonite was always the best non legendary for me, powerful and fast, with not much weakness, only Ice or itself.
Although if you go right back to Gen 1 mechanics I guess it was Alakazam as it literally had no weakness and had so much Sp. Atk power.

If you count Legendaries then the obvious runaway winner is Mewtwo for the same reasons as Alakzam but on steroids.

Favorites: Charizard, Dragonite, Eevee, Articuno. Okay, listen. I was a 7-year-old back then, it's not like I was gonna like Pokemon just because they were "unique" or whatever. I was always kind of enchanted by Articuno's appearance, especially in the movie it was featured in. Eevee was cute... duh. Dragonite... I actually had two of 'em, Dragony and Dragony 2. Dragonite was always a staple powerhouse to get me through the E4 back then. Charizard was my first Pokemon ever, and my ace on the team.

Least favs: Pikachu. Stop stealing the attention from EVERYTHING ELSE. Chansey made me rage more than once. I resented Porygon thanks to its lackluster performance and tedious slot machines. Fossil Pokemon were borderline unusable, since you got em at lv. 5 when everything else was at 40 or so.

Favourite: Charizard, Arcanine, Arbok, Gengar and Mewtwo

Least favourite: Jynx, Mr.Mime, Exeggcute and Pikachu

Favorite Gen I Pokémon? That's a toughie. Nostalgia makes me want to say I love all 151, but my favorites would have to be Shellder and Porygon. :)

Favorites: Crobat, Butterfree, Pidgeot, Lapras, Umbreon

I don't have any least favorites, I just don't think about the others.

Favorite: Damn it, only 5? Alright...

Arcanine, Blastoise, Rhydon (mostly for Rhyperior), Nidoking, Articuno

Least favorite: Pikachu, Alakazam, Jynx, Moltres, Mew, Charizard, Charizard, and by the way, did I mention Charizard?

Last edited:
Best: Charizard, Alakazam, Snorlax, Weezing, Rhydon
Worst: Mr Mime, Ekans, Arbok, Caterpie, Magikarp, Zubat, Golbat, Tentacool, Tentacruel, Jynx, Voltorb, Electrode

Best: Arcanine, Starmie, Ninetales, Articuno, Gyarados, Pinsir, Vaporeon, ,Hitmonlee, Lapras, Victreebel, Jolteon, Sandslash, Nidoking, Snorlax, Gengar
Worst: Hypno, Parasect, Electrode, Dugtrio, Primeape, Mr. Mime, Arbok

Last edited:
Going with fully-evolved only...

Best: Kangaskan, Nidoqueen, Aerodactyl, Rhydon, Marowak
Honorary mentions: Nidoking, Starmie, Parasect, Laprus, Sandslash, Raichu

Worst: Mr. Mime, Electrode, Seaking, Jynx, Cloyster

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom