• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Best Gen I Pokemon

Sutekh

Reaction score
I'm not sure this will work out completely as planned but oh well. I want to see how people on this forum would rank all the fully evolved Pokemon from Generation I, including Pokemon like Onix and Golbat that gained evolutions in later generations. I'm not counting Mega Evolutions either.

All you have to do is say at around five of your favourite fully evolved Pokemon and your around five of your least favourite fully evolved Pokemon from Generation I, in no particular order, and when it's all done and dusted I'll work out all the numbers and try and put it in a ranking.

Favourites: Venusaur, Nidoking, Alakazam, Gengar, Zapdos, Pidgeot
Least Favourites: Raticate, Farfetch'd, Lickitung, Flareon, Porygon

Last edited:
Favorites
Farfetch'd, Charizard, Arcanine, Rapidash , Crobat.

Least Favs
Lapras, Gyarados, Dodrio, Fearow, Weezing.

Last edited:
Favs:
Slowbro, Gengar, Vaporeon, Charizard, Scyther
Gotta be critical, otherwise the list would get too long :U

Least favs:
Jynx
The only gen 1 Pokémon I'd never use
Dun like it's looks

Last edited:
(Based on design only, by the way):

Favs:
Dragonair (allow it, please), Charizard, Nidoking, Ninetales, Rapidash, Mewtwo, Cloyster

Least Favs:
Muk, Weezing, Tangela, Pinsir, Dragonite, Jynx

When it's all done and dusted I'll work out all the numbers and try and put it in a ranking.
I can help you with that, if you want.

Favourites - Aerodactyl, Lapras, Slowbro, Kabutops and Ninetales.

Least Favs - Jynx and uh... Gengar.

Gengar's my absolute favorite from gen1 and has always been my all time favorite.
Competitively he's just too good. Slick design too tho his mega form's ugly as hell.
Gen1 mons I think are all great as far as designs go but some that I especially like are
Golbat, Arcanine, and Venusaur. My least fav would be Voltorb.

Last edited:
Favourites: Venusaur, Articuno, Ninetales, Sandslash, Venomoth

Least favourites: Golbat, Jynx, Mr. Mime, Golduck, Poliwrath

• Favorite: Gengar, Mewtwo, Charizard, Nidoking, Starmie
  • Least Favorite: Persian, Sandslash, Onix, Mr. Mime, Golbat

Fav: Articuno, Zapdos, Dragonite, Lapras, Scyther, Kangaskhan, Tauros, Electabuzz, Scyther, Porygon

Least: Rattata, Fearow, Jigglypuff, Mr. Mime, Magmar, Moltres, Blastoise

Favourites: Wigglytuff, Porygon, Raticate, Nidoran (I know you're interested mainly in fully evolved pokemon, but I'm honestly a lot bigger on the tiny poison pins than any of their evolutions)

Least Favourites: Jynx, Scyther, all of the starters and their evos

Last edited:
Favorites : Blastoise, Nidoking, Zapdos, Venusaur, Vaporeon
Less favorites : Wigglytuff, Drowzee, Jynx, Gloom, Chansey

Favorites: Venusaur, Dodrio, Magmar, Porygon, Poliwrath, Fearow, Omastar, Electabuzz, Clefable, and Farfetch'd.

Least Favorites: Dewgong, Wigglytuff, Hypno, and Mr. Mime.

Favorites: Snorlax, Lapras, Raichu, Eevee, Arbok, Nidoqueen, Ninetales, Wigglytuff, Vileplume, Persian, Golduck, Primeape, Arcanine, Alakazam, Golem, Rapidash, Dewgong, Gengar, Hypno, Kangaskhan, Seaking, & Porygon. (Over five but I couldn't leave anyone out :F)

Least Favorites: Charizard.

The Venusaur, Arcanine and Dragonite lines were my favorite. Loved using Venusaur and Dragonite in red and all three in fire-red. Fond memories!:ana-red:

Favorites: Raichu, Flareon, Mew, Jolteon, Charizard~

Least Favorites: Cloyster, Weezing, Seaking, Dragonite, Pinsir (This list was really hard to make; I literally had to go through the Pokedex to decide.)

I'm a big fan of Squirtle, Shellder, Psyduck, and Dragonit. It's a complete coincidence that most of these are water types.

Least favorite is probably Electrode. Not exactly an inspired design.

My most beloved Gen I Pokemons are Gastly, Haunter, Gengar, Pikachu, Hypno, Vaporeon, Flareon, Marowak, Snorlax and Arbok.
Least liked are Dugtrio, Magmar, Jynx, Electrode and Grimer.

Gengar is my most favorite while Dugtrio is my least favorite.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom