• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Best nickname you ever gave to a Pokemon

*cracks knuckles* I have some good ones.

And Baggy Smalls the Scrafty: because I challenge you to find a better name!
My Scrafty is Engelbert :p

Now get a krookodile and name it dingodile
Does a Krookodile named Dingo count?

-Roosevelt the Beartic
Theodore Roosevelt -> Teddy (bear)
Beartic -> polar bear

-Harald the Hydreigon
Since there's some fearsome vikings called Harald, so why not?

-Paquito the Haxorus
I find that really fitting for some reason. I just wanted a Haxorus with that name.

-Edward the Staraptor
Because E. Elric and Staraptor both have awesome hairstyles.

-Niagara the Ninetales
Her ability is Drought, which makes so much sense. I tend to call her Nigga, though.

-Athos the Cobalion, Porthos the Terrakion and Aramis the Virizion
Named after the musketeer which they're based on. Very creative.

-Bazooka the Typhlosion
That's fitting, right? :D

-Gon the Druddigon
Referring to this Gon.

There's probably more awesome names, but I could recall only those right now.

Edward the Bisharp and Alphonse the Golurk: planned this ever since I first saw them and thought they were version exlusives
I planned to do something similar myself; my entire team would have been known as Team FullMetal and Scar would have been a Sawk. My only problem was I couldn't find a good counterpart to Winry.

A few of mine:
Prima the Samurott, so named because of his swords.
The Fallen the Spiritomb, just because.
Falcia the Latias. I don't know why but it seemed to fit.

Do we see a pattern here? :sweatlol:

Yo dawg, what kind of gangsta is "Engelbert"?!

Hey I got more:
Vibes the Electabuzz (♂): cuz electricity and sounds and wires and vibrations and stuff
Diva the Electivire (♀): a corruption of her ability Motor Drive
Knickles the Cyndaquil: he's gonna get you Sanic the Shaymin :saiyan:
Boobies the Magmar (♀): you know why!
Roomba the Swinub: again, you know why
Bassacre the Gyarados: because he's a fish, he's a murder machine, and he totally rocks on the bass
Ratical the Raticate: I've caught so many damn Raticate over the years I'm starting to run out of rat puns
Banunus the Primape: cuz he loves, and is, bananas
Zezs the Drowzee: :zzz:
Raf the Vileplume (♂): because of the flower he's inspired from
Beatbox the Volbeat and Babybeats the Illumise: don't know any couple more dope than this duo :cool:
and Tama-chan, Bombo-sama, and Lucky-kun for Chansey when I was trying to find a Lucky Egg.

Last edited:
i always have this hobby of nicknaming my pokemon after favorite anime/video game characters (and no not from pokemon anime since i don't watch the anime of it)
i think the best one i picked was
Zorua that i nicknamed "Ciel" it matches with the character i named after it well...until it evolves..because my Ciel Phantomhive should stay small and cute lol
ah

i always have this hobby of nicknaming my pokemon after favorite anime/video game characters (and no not from pokemon anime since i don't watch the anime of it)
i think the best one i picked was
Zorua that i nicknamed "Ciel" it matches with the character i named after it well...until it evolves..because my Ciel Phantomhive should stay small and cute lol
ah
o.o
o.o
o.o
Have you been in my brain lately or something? Because you took my idea of naming Zorua's after Ciel Phantomhive. xD.
You sir, deserve a cookie. :3 *gives cookie* I guess great minds think alike, huh? ^^
~~~
Eh, I at first thought this was lame, but oh well, I'll share it anyways. ^-^
When I had first caught my first...Golbat, I think it was...Anyways, since it had basically screeched my Chimchar's ears off, I decided to name it "Screech"
However, I accidentally spelt it wrong and nicknamed her "Screch"
For some reason it sounds WAY better then Screech. xD. Bwhaha I love that Crobat. ♥
Also i named my new Giratina that I got from the Sinjoh Ruins event "Hades". Named him Hades because for one, Giratina's just remind me of Underworld Gods in general. Don't ask me why, because I don't know, and also because Hades is my favorite Greek figure. :3 And also Hades is just a cool name. xD.
Next Giratina I get I have to name it either Pluto or Lucifer. :D

My Giratina from Platinum was named "Satan". Satan wins. Also, it was in caps because Pokemon likes caps.
Go! SATAN!
SATAN used DRACO METEOR!
It's super effective!
GARCHOMP fainted!

My Giratina from Platinum was named "Satan". Satan wins. Also, it was in caps because Pokemon likes caps.
Go! SATAN!
SATAN used DRACO METEOR!
It's super effective!
GARCHOMP fainted!
That is just HILARIOUS. xD. Bwhaha!!! xDD
~~~
Mafia Boss the Scrafty.
MafiaQueen the Scrafty. xD.
Bwhaha, I love those nicknames. This is what happens when you almost murder my Darkrai, Shadow. >:U You get nicknamed Mafia Boss and MafiaQueen. xD.
Next stop, Mafia King and MafiaGrunt or something. :XD: :evil:

My favourite would have to be Ample Fry the Eelektross - not just because it's a "big fish" (ample + fry) but because it's a near anagram of "lamprey", while also punning on "fry" (i.e. zap with electricity) and containing "amp" (as in the unit of current). So many references in one name...I was hoping it would be its localised name.

Special mention too to Alfilada the Bisharp. The "bishop" + "sharp" combination works even better in Spanish, where a chess bishop is alfil and afilado/a is the word for sharp(-edged).

My shiny Mienfoo I nicknamed it after my grandma. Maria. Not sure exactly why, I couldn't think of name at the moment, and just before catching my grandma and I came from the store.

In my 3 Unova games (White, White 2, and Black 2) I called my Watchog "Zaphod" (always making sure when I caught him as Patrat early in the game, they were male)

In my Pearl game I called. my Buizel/Floatzel "Flowers"

In Pearl I called my Bibarel "Zorro", same nickname in White2 I gave to my Zangoose.

In White 2, I called my second Mienfoo "Mozart"

In Black 2, I nicknamed my Purrloin/Liepard "Zoey"

In my Soul Silver game, I called my female Ratatta "Sophie", and my other one a male I called him "Jerry"

In White, I nicknamed my Purrloin/Liepard "Neko" which is Japanese for cat, thats what I also call one of my cat in real life.

Go! SATAN!
SATAN used DRACO METEOR!
It's super effective!
GARCHOMP fainted!
That made me laugh for a while.

GOD THE MAGIKARP.

Okay, here's the real thing...
Miju the Samurott. He was my starter in Black 2, and still in my team. Of course, the name fits Oshawott more because its japanese name is Mijumaru.

Let's see...
Dr. Hoot the Hoothoot (Dr. Who)
Al the Golurk (FMA)
Pangolin the Sandshrew
Morpheus the Hypno
Antonio the (male) Roserade
Thor the Zekrom
M. Bolton the Whimsicott (Michael Bolton)
Eros the Woobat
Gere the Klink (Richard Gere...cause it's pronounced "gear" :I)
Willow the Litwick (Will o' the Wisp)
Pearl the Spoink (pearls before swine)
Lassie the Stoutland
The Punisher the Cobalion
Gojira the Tyranitar
Wraith the Giratina
Typhon the Typhlosion
Osiris the Umbreon
Hilton the Paras
Sea Zubat the Tentacool
Hedwig the Noctowl
Spongebob the Ludicolo
Mothra the Volcanrona
Anubis the Houndoom
Gambit the Crobat
Bullet the Durant (Bullet ant)
Roger the Elgyem (American Dad)
Giggity the Quagsire
Gene the Lickitung (Gene Simmons)

Eray the Jolteon

random name. it doesn't make too much sense but the backstory is pretty funny. i was on my newer game and i realized i could get an eevee from Bill (this is pokemon crystal) so i changed to my older account to go do so but when i got it i totally had forgotten i had switched to my older version and i was nicknaming on the newer but hadn't before on the older. so i nicknamed my eevee on my older account. then i did so on my newer. sadly i lost the newer one and i had some pretty strong pokemon

Eray is my only nicknamed pokemon on my original game

Mozilla the Vulpix.
I like that so much that when Gen VI comes out I'll name my Fennekin that:sweatlol:!

Anyway... (I just thought of this) Rhita gawr the Emboar and Dagda the (winter form) Sawsbuck (explanation: Rhita gawr and Dadga are two mythical beings; Rhita gawr is evil while Dadga is good. In one of their battles they take the forms of a red-eyed boar and a stag with white boots (I think) respectively.)

Wow, I didn't know so many people named their Golurks Al/Alphonse. xD. You all deserve cookies! :D *hands out cookies*
I came up with more cool nicknames today, though. o3o.
Captivater The Froslass. :3 Bwhaha. She captivates her prey and puts it on display...:D
Reese The Reshiram and Zeke the Zekrom. :D
Pedro the Pansear. XD.
Reggie the Regigigas (<3)
Arthurus the Arceus
Dimitrius the Dialga
Paramore the Palkia
Vivienne the Scrafty.
and Oswald the Panpour. :D
I'm soo proud of all those names, hehe. ^-^

Yo dawg, what kind of gansta is "Engelbert"?!
Not gansta, but a cool name anyway. :D

And I can't believe I forgot this one...he's part of my HeartGold team and all...

-Sparta the Arcanine
Whenever I send him out, I tend to yell "SPARTA!" or "THIS IS SPARTA!"
Ironically, his ability is Intimidate. :p

Last edited:
I named my Ninetales: Naruto.

some other names
Golem for my Graveler
Kobra for my Arbok
and Bruce Lee for my Hitmonlee \m/ (0,o) \m/

Back on an old Black file, I named my Druddigon Kurogane in a fit of inspiration. I'm still trying to figure out why, but the nickname's stuck ever since.

I also nicknamed Reshiram Izanami once, from the Japanese creator goddess. I knew I had a reason for it, but I've forgotten.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom