• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Black and White Help thread (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stats are recalculated at the end of the battle. I can't confirm that you gain evs at 100 as I have nothing that high in this game that does not have evs but I can confirm that the stats change at the end of the battle rather than on level up.

@/Zer0 Yeah, she just basically tells you.

Yeah, I was thinking that the only way to see any improvement in a Pokemon's stats while EV training would be when it leveled up. Of course, that would be impossible for a lv100 Pokemon. I guess my post was rather redundant because I answered my own question; the girl who tells you the EV progress of your Poke is all you really need in Generation V.

Talking to him in the opposite version's location via the Entralink is the only (legitimate) way.

Stop interacting with the Trainers there, and wait several days.

I have both games but he's not in either but when I was using the link it generated people that weren't in the other location. And that's how I got my current population. If my city and forest empty and I entralink again it's possible he can appear right?

Woah, I'd like confirmation on the EV thing too. If that's the case, it may not be too late to save an old Sapphire version level 100 from the scrap heap.

I EV trained my Arceus yesterday, so I can confirm that Lv.100 Pokémon do indeed gain EVs from battling.

Okay, I was on the bridge going to black city, and I step next to a girl, and she disappears! Then a guy next to me was all "!". What just happened?

^ This post is made of win.

Should I delete Foul Play or Night Slash for Night Daze on my Zoroark?

...can i put that quote in my sig, please?

i asked earlier for help with a moveset for an excadrill.
the question remained unanswered and in addition to that i would also like suggestions for a moveset with bouffalont and tynamo family.

Is there any place where i can do the lottery? Like Goldenrod tower?

How do I catch pokémon other than level 5 male ralts in White forest.

Seriously, it's all that's there.

Is there any place where i can do the lottery? Like Goldenrod tower?
no

How do I catch pokémon other than level 5 male ralts in White forest.

Seriously, it's all that's there.
You'll need to beef up the population by visiting Black City. That should add a bit of variety to the Pokemon available.
That said, every Pokemon in White Forest is Lv. 5, but getting all male Ralts? Thats just bad luck.

how does the Entralink work?? i was ther a few times and nothing happens

how does the Entralink work?? i was ther a few times and nothing happens

The Entralink works by wireless communication. Essentially, you need someone sitting next to you with either Black or White to get any use out of the Entralink.
Though when the DreamWorld is activated, you'll be able to go there to pick up the Pokemon you meet in the Dream World.

ok.. so there had to be someone with either black or white close to me.. right... great... that never happen since i am the only one with such game in town

thanks for letting me know

i asked earlier for help with a moveset for an excadrill.
the question remained unanswered and in addition to that i would also like suggestions for a moveset with bouffalont and tynamo family.

I used this in game, and it does wonders

Dig/Earthquake
Metal Claw
Rock Slide
Swords Dance/Claw Sharpen/Filler/HM?

^ This post is made of win.

Should I delete Foul Play or Night Slash for Night Daze on my Zoroark?

I'd delete Foul Play because it's dependant on the ATK stat of your opponent, which varies greatly.

At least with Night Slash you'll be certain of the damage range because Zoroark is relying on it's own ATK and not someone else's.

Night Slash also has a nice second effect to it (high crit ratio), along with above average Base Damage.

EDIT: I just noticed that Night Daze is a SP ATK and that Zoroark has mixed base attack stats. I'd consider focusing with one attack style and only have one DARK-type move, but that's just me. If you're going for a Zoroark with both Physical and Special attacks, then I'd stick by my previous suggestion.

Last edited:
The IV Checker in Gen 5 is supposed to be just inside Gear Station near the bottom of the staircase, correct? Do you have to progress to a certain point in the game or beat the Elite Four before he shows up? I've searched around online but it sounds like most people said he should just be there, however he's not there for me. I've checked at multiple times and on multiple days at this point. Am I missing something?

Thanks for any assistance! :)

just checking for the umpteenth time for me (lol...), when using a power item to ev train, if the pokemon gives 1 ev usually, does that mean i get 10 after i faint it?(the mon i'm training has pokerus)

ie. (1ev+4bonus)*2from pkrs = 10 evs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom