• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Bounty Hunters: Brand New Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
"You made her cry!" Kari exclaimed, "Like how do you think that's okay?"

Ant let out a cry of pain upon being hit with the broom. "Jeez! You sure don't hold back," he then said, rubbing his head. "But... I swear it wasn't on purpose. I was flirting with some chick, and then all of a sudden, her fiance comes and beats me up. I didn't throw one punch."

Hazel nodded her head disapprovingly, still silently sipping her drink.

"I didn't see the ring, it was dark," Ant then said with a frown. "If I could take it back, I would. But alas, I cannot."

"Well, since it seems that we aren't sparring anymore," Mordic commented drily, sighing and walking into the mansion. "Seriously, it's like common sense is non-existent for you, oh-wise older brother." She drawled upon seeing Kai on the ground with palm-like markings imprinted on his cheek.

"I know Kari," Kai groaned, looking down at the floor in remorse. "I just...forgot, I didn't think straight and I shoud've, I'm not saying that what I did was rigth and I know that...and I'm sure she hates me now too," he said, standing up from the couch. "I can't fix what I said ,and I can't fix what I did or didn't do last night either...but I at least want to stop it from happening again."

At this Jean poked Kai's back, sending a shock down his spine. "Ow what the hell!?"

"That was my two centes," Liza said, raising her hand innocently.

"Well right now, it's probably best if you kept your distance from her," Kari warned, "Cause I don't think Juliet will just leave you in the ocean. She'll send you to the moon."

Ant let out an uneasy laugh. "It sounds like Kai's going to get more than a swim."

"Good," Hazel simply muttered.

"But then how can I apologize?" Kai asked. "I just want to make things better..."

"And I wanna be able to walk properly," Liza pointed out. "It's...sadly it's not about whether you apologize or not, it's what you do after, just like it's not just about getting a new leg or not."

"That's a heavy handed metaphor if I've seen one."

"You get the idea," Liza insisted.

"Basically, learn from those mistakes and learn not to make them again." Kari spoke up.

"We all want to make things better, Kai... Take it from someone that carries a massive burden of guilt. What's done is done, and you can't go back in time and fix mistakes. Just take a moment to think straight, and consider how your decisions can affect others. I already fucked up that much years ago."

With that, Mordic gave him a sorrowful look and walked away.

Kai didn't say anything, instead he just looked at Kari and Liza before glancing at the sleeping Ammy.

"Look at it this way, you just pissed them off," Liza pointed out, looking at Ammy as well. "You didn't literally stab them multiple times, nor did you get yourself possessed and attack them," she stated, remembering the fight they had with the mages back at Neo Vegas.

"I know that I can't fix it, I just..." he stopped what he was going to say before sighing. "So I guess I can't apologize yet?" he asked, looking at Kari.

"No," Kari stated sternly, "You're gonna need to wait and I'm sure the last thing she wants is you around."

"I'm going to check on Hazel," Kari said as she turned and walked back into the kitchen where the others were. "Should I have hit him more?"

"So uh....what about helping me out here!" Liza called out as she saw Kai make his way out towards Jack's lab. "Sheesh, I'm gonna have to make myself walk."

Kai quickly made his way to Jack's lab, making sure to go in carefully, he just wanted to try and get everything that had been going on off his mind, even for a little.

Jack was sitting at his computer, monitoring BHA activity. "Rough morning." He said, not looking at Kai, but he knew it was him anyways. "Well really rough last 24 hours I suppose is more accurate."

"I didn't think you'd be here," Kai pointed out with a slight groan, he really hope Jack wouldn't want to get his own digs at him with how the morning was progressing. "But...yeah, I messed up, big time," he sighed, realizing that Jack probably knew a lot about that himself.

Last edited:
Jack nodded, he understood. "What matters now is how you pick yourself up." He advised sagely. "I suppose you're here to work on some gadgets for your guildmates... what's the idea for today?"

"You should've brought out the whip," Ant joked, taking a sip of his drink. Hazel let out a sigh at this, though she was clearly amused.

"I' know but, I'm still worried they'll never forgive me," he replied as he closed the door and walked over to him. "And I was thinking on working on something for Nova, pulse guns that he can use to fire more concentrated blasts or something like that," he pointed out. "I also wanted to work on something for Ammy, I think there's a lot she can do with her arm besides just using it as an arm."

"That's all fine and dandy but," Liza said as she got to the kitchen, in an attempt to get used to walking she was leaning only against the wall as she moved. "I still need some help," she said before glancing at Ant. "Hey Ant, you okay?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom