• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Bounty Hunters: Brand New Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Shit," Kai groaned, Hazel's punch came in fast just as he was regaining his stand, causing him to receive the hit head on and be sent crashing against the wall. "You're not a boxer for nothing," Kai pointed out, wiping some blood away from his lip after he had bit it during the crash.

Having finished with her work inside Ammy's mind, Juliet pulled the proverbial plug, knocking the girl unconscious and allowing for her mind to reset itself. "She's going to be asleep for a couple of hours to allow for things in there to repair themselves." Juliet explained, looking down at her left hand, which was shaking slightly. "And this is why I hate doing brain surgery with no prep..." She muttered under her breath. "Way too stressful."

"You sure it was okay to do all that so suddenly?" Liza asked curiously. "She's been dealing with a lot," she pointed out. She herself didn't really understand PSI, or Life Energy for that matter, very well so she wasn't so sure on whether jumping into people's head so much was okay or not.

"Any PSI power is a lot to handle if you aren't ready, no matter what the ability," Kari explained, "You also need to be in a good mindset if you want to perform at the best of your ability."

"Better than the alternative." Juliet said darkly in response to Liza's question. "Believe me. I know what it's like to live with a mind so fragmented you have no idea what's real and what isn't." She nodded. "And yes, without the level of ability of a top manipulator... you should never try what I just did."

"The alternative..." Liza muttered, staring at Ammy for a moment, she had never thought about it, but Skills really did have a way of intervening and turning things into people's favors. She worried about what Juliet had done, but was it any different to what she did with Aphrodite to calm Ammy down. "Maybe we play around with people too much."

Juliet shrugged. "Perhaps. But I've been given a gift. And I'm going to use it to shape the world in my image." She mused, standing up. "I need a cup of coffee and a breather after that. I'll be back in a bit to check on her." Juliet said before walking out of the room.

The glow from Cora's eyes diminished; her work was done. Watching Akuno, she simply asked, "Your skill..." she began. "Can you still use your skill?" she asked. Honestly, she wasn't even sure if Akuno had a skill to begin with, but either way, she shouldn't have one now.

Hazel watched as Kai flew across the room, a frown still on her lips. Walking closer to him, she simply said, "You mention Cora one more time, and you're going to find yourself in a hospital." And with that, Hazel left the room without a word, obviously fuming.

Ant quickly got up and followed after her. "I'll talk to her," he said.

"Do you girls want anything to drink?" Kari asked before she stood up. She needed to at least speak to Juliet.

Kai was...not surprised actually, he had let himself get away during the fight, he wiped some more blood off his mouth before looking down at the markings on his hand. He shouldn't have brought Cora up, even if it had been to throw Hazel off, she was his friend after all. He turned towards Rick and Mordic for a moment. Even if part of him wanted to follow he felt like this time it'd be better if he just let the two of them talk it out, he'll apologize after that.

"Just water please," Liza reqeusted.

Arriving in the kitchen, Juliet sat down in the nearest chair, using her telekinesis to begin making herself an iced coffee. Even though her nerves were a bit frayed, she still had no problem using her abilities to make coffee. She'd been doing it for a year now at Lovo's after all.

Kari went into the kitchen where she saw Juliet sitting.

"Hey, look," she spoke, "I'm sorry about last night. I shouldn't have snapped without having the details."

Liza leaned back on her chair as she saw Juliet and Kari walk off, letting out a sigh. She realized she shouldn't think too much about what had happened, at least at the moment, she wouldn't want to cause anymore trouble for the others. "Well, life outside sure isn't the adventure I thought it'd be."

Juliet opened her eyes, summoning her cup of coffee over to herself. She took a sip before looking at Kari. "Indeed. I probably shouldn't even give you the details... but since you're still here... I suppose I'm going to have to get used to your presence." She shrugged. "And you should know what you're getting yourself into. We're on the run from the feds." Juliet said bluntly. "The BHA to be precise. Some bad stuff happened on a mission we were on, people died... and now they want our heads." Juliet rolled her eyes. "And when Kai decided to get himself arrested... while we're all wanted... you have to be able to see why I didn't exactly want him in my presence at that moment."

After listening to what Juliet had to say, Kari could only nod.

"That's a lot more understandable," she replied, "I just thought you were mad cause he got arrested. I didn't know the whole details and like I said, I'm sorry. I'm also sorry for the other comments I said about how you didn't know vampires."

Juliet nodded. "I'll be honest... thinking about all this... I was mad at you... and now I just feel bad." She chuckled. "You've been waiting for this guy for fifty years and it's Kai. If that's not the definition of a cosmic joke... then I don't know what is."

"I feel like I have my hands full with him," Kari sighed, "If he does something irrational or stupid, then I guess I'll have to smack him around."

Juliet nodded. "Definitely." She said with a smile. "If you ever need some... information..." Her grin turned a bit sinister. "Let me know. I'll take care of you. Us girls have to stick together."

"Hazel, wait," Ant called out, walking towards to the young woman. They were now a few hallways down from the exercise room. "I'm sure he didn't mean it. You know... he doesn't know the whole story."

At this, Hazel slowly turned around to face him, obviously upset. Her face was blotchy, and tears were beginning to form in her eyes. She was crying.

"Hazel..." Ant simply said, obviously feeling awful about the situation.

"No," she said, her voice now shaky. "I just can't believe... he would stoop that low..."

"It was a dick move," Ant confirmed, agreeing with Hazel. "But it was only a stupid taunt... your mom isn't actually going to be around..."

It was clear Hazel was still obviously pissed and stressed, but she couldn't help but go along with Ant for the moment. With the situation they all were in, it wouldn't be wise to stir up trouble with Kai again. It really wasn't worth it.

"I guess," she said.

"We can take a break," he then answered. "You know, get something to eat quick."

The two slowly began walking towards the kitchen, not knowing people were actually in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom