• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol.5

After driving nearly 12 hours I enter Alabama. One of the traffic announcements above the highway said Jolene and I was like 'aww that's literally me!' then I remembered it was a reference to that song telling people to wear seatbelts. Things are so colourful in the South.

I remember I got thread-banned for a bit back on a previous incarnation of this thread, back when these boards were still on vBulletin in like 2011, and not XenForo like they are now (relatedly I know a lot of forums that have switched from other forum software to XenForo over the years).

Not gonna get thread-banned this time lol.

I spent the morning giving the house a much-needed clean and I have to say, even if you're dealing with something annoying, like hard to remove limescale on a shower door, it's quite therapeutic. I'm also working on a 3-canvas set of paintings to celebrate the Powerpuff Girls' 25th anniversary and prepping my cosplay for a comic con next weekend!

I completely lost track of time and ended up staying awake all night long and now it's 1:49 in the afternoon, I haven't eaten anything since dinner last night, I'm hungry, I'm tired, and I have no idea what the hell to do besides 'get some damn lunch and go to sleep'

Oh as far as what I actually have done, I decided to see what the hell was on this bunch of videotapes that we've had in a plastic bag for ages. Was honestly kind of disappointed because some of them had dates written on them that implied they would be stuff from the early 90s (one had a date of 1992 and the other said 1993) but most of them were just recordings of tennis matches from the mid-2000s. I'd have even taken a tennis match from 1992 lol.

I should have marked the few tapes that had things other than tennis somehow, so I could maybe go through them and see if there's any interesting old commercials or whatever on them.

Think I have more tapes over at my second home, but I can't exactly go over there now cause I can't drive (and my grandpa's still in the hospital, possibly, he might've gotten released to the place he has to stay to get physical therapy by now IDK) and I ain't going to call a Lyft (Uber why am I banned - unban me from your services I did nothing wrong, I am innocent) just to go over there to check (besides I think there's like some shit on top of the container that the tapes are stored in that I'd have to move and it's a real pain in the ass).

I completely lost track of time and ended up staying awake all night long and now it's 1:49 in the afternoon, I haven't eaten anything since dinner last night, I'm hungry, I'm tired, and I have no idea what the hell to do besides 'get some damn lunch and go to sleep'

Oh as far as what I actually have done, I decided to see what the hell was on this bunch of videotapes that we've had in a plastic bag for ages. Was honestly kind of disappointed because some of them had dates written on them that implied they would be stuff from the early 90s (one had a date of 1992 and the other said 1993) but most of them were just recordings of tennis matches from the mid-2000s. I'd have even taken a tennis match from 1992 lol.

I should have marked the few tapes that had things other than tennis somehow, so I could maybe go through them and see if there's any interesting old commercials or whatever on them.

Think I have more tapes over at my second home, but I can't exactly go over there now cause I can't drive (and my grandpa's still in the hospital, possibly, he might've gotten released to the place he has to stay to get physical therapy by now IDK) and I ain't going to call a Lyft (Uber why am I banned - unban me from your services I did nothing wrong, I am innocent) just to go over there to check (besides I think there's like some shit on top of the container that the tapes are stored in that I'd have to move and it's a real pain in the ass).
What did you do to be banned from Uber? That seems nigh impossible.

What did you do to be banned from Uber? That seems nigh impossible.
I have genuinely no idea, especially so because Uber's customer support is so useless and they insist that I'm not banned and that the problem is actually from my bank, who they say might be blocking my card from being used with their services.

Except I have called my credit union about this and they have no blocks active on my card, for any service whatsoever. I should be able to use Uber just fine.

Maybe it's because of Uber Eats? Like I was using Uber Eats before I started to use Uber for rides and I would get refunds if I was missing items from my order or got the wrong food entirely.

Obviously I'm not one of those types to complain and ask for a refund if it's something minor that's missing. If I decided to get some Wendy's delivered from Uber and I order myself a Baconator, a side of cheese fries, and a six piece chicken nuggets with barbecue sauce and I get my food and they forgot the barbecue sauce, I ain't going to complain to them about it - it's just barbecue sauce, it doesn't matter and I can probably find an alternative dipping sauce at home (and if I can't, I'll just eat the nuggets without sauce). But if I order that stuff and I get it and I'm missing the chicken nuggets entirely, yeah I'll tell them there was something wrong with my order and say I didn't get my nuggets and get the few bucks that the nuggets cost me refunded.

Cause if I pay for something and I don't get what I paid for, I'm gonna want my money back. That's just how it works. I wasn't trying to game the system or lie about missing food to get refunds. I just sometimes wouldn't get the food I ordered or I'd end up getting someone else's order by accident and would tell them this and get a refund. Am I just supposed to suck it up and eat the loss (pun unintended)? Hell no, I shouldn't, I'm not going to let a company effectively steal my money that way.

Anyways now I can't use my credit card at all on Uber and I haven't been since like 2020. I was able to use my debit card for some Uber rides these past few months but now that's blocked too for some reason??? I have done nothing wrong here.

Also I should add that Uber customer support saying that 'I'm not banned' is ridiculous because the error message I get when I try to use my card quite literally says that my credit card is banned from Uber.

I agree about Uber. One time (actually like multiple times), I went to a store to buy something. When it came to being picked up, the Uber would either never show up or show up like an hour later than they were supposed to. My mom had to pick me once because of that. We switched back to the ride afterwards.

See I've actually had nearly no issues with these ride services being late, except for one time where I booked a ride with a train ticket so I could, y'know, get to the damn station and the ride never came. So I ended up having to book a ride separately and get a refund on the ride I booked with the ticket. Luckily it wasn't a case of 'OMG I need to get to the station ASAP', even by the time I got to there, it was still like 40 minutes before my train. But you know when they say your ride will be here at 9:30am and it's now nearly 10am, yeah.

Anyways that's why I have $13 credit with that rail service now, think that's enough for a smart fare ticket with them on some days (depending on when the ride is, tickets can be as cheap as $10).

See I've actually had nearly no issues with these ride services being late, except for one time where I booked a ride with a train ticket so I could, y'know, get to the damn station and the ride never came. So I ended up having to book a ride separately and get a refund on the ride I booked with the ticket. Luckily it wasn't a case of 'OMG I need to get to the station ASAP', even by the time I got to there, it was still like 40 minutes before my train. But you know when they say your ride will be here at 9:30am and it's now nearly 10am, yeah.

Anyways that's why I have $13 credit with that rail service now, think that's enough for a smart fare ticket with them on some days (depending on when the ride is, tickets can be as cheap as $10).
You're clearly not from Florida if you're talking about fancy things like rail service. We have bad drivers and bad drivers only. We strike fear into people without Florida number plates. In fact, I scared some innocent southern denizens by honking and flipping them off because they crossed the street when the streetlights were green. Sorry not sorry it was my turn.

You're clearly not from Florida if you're talking about fancy things like rail service. We have bad drivers and bad drivers only. We strike fear into people without Florida number plates. In fact, I scared some innocent southern denizens by honking and flipping them off because they crossed the street when the streetlights were green. Sorry not sorry it was my turn.

Brightline is seriously amazing though like holy shit.

I've only taken it a couple times but it's like, the first time I paid extra for a premium ticket (read: business class) and like OMG I got to go into the premium lounge and they had snacks and stuff set up??? Like I should get sodas and bottled water out of a mini-fridge and they had coffee and tea and beer and wine and it was breakfast too so they had a bunch of pastries set out.

And then on the train, the seats are so comfy and there's USB ports and power plugs and, since I had a premium ticket, I got snacks and drinks on-board the train too for free.

And then, at the other station when I was all done and going to head home and waiting for my train, it was dinner time and they had like charcuterie stuff? And a salad??? I ate a salad at the train station.

I frickin love it, but keep in mind I'm autistic and trains are one of my special interests and I also do not drive (don't even have my license) so I am very much biased but holy shit.

(They need to hurry up and build that Aventura station walkway that's supposed to let you walk right from the station to Aventura Mall. I took the free shuttle they're running now and it's fine, of course, but imagine just walking)

I frickin love it, but keep in mind I'm autistic and trains are one of my special interests and I also do not drive (don't even have my license) so I am very much biased but holy shit.
I'm not a train person, but I do really enjoy the train service in Tokyo. I'm going over in the second week of January and will be on a few trains.

Narita Express to and from the airport to Shinjuku, and then numerous trains from Shinjuku to other parts of Tokyo. Shinjuku station is the busiest station in the world, it has upwards of 4 million passengers per day, which is just crazy.

The train service is usually completely on time, not at all like trains in the UK, and they also have the Shinkansen, the bullet train, which surely has to be the inspiration for the train in the second generation Pokemon games.

Back
Top Bottom