• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol.5

I never liked Ash and got tired of the anime really quickly.

I didnt think they would ever actually let him be Champion. I really wanted him to meet Ho-oh though and that never happened. He has met many other legendaries but Ho-oh he literally saw his first day and then several times after, so I felt like eventually he and Ho-oh were going to have some encounter,but I guess they decided it wasnt happening. I guess at least they let him become a Champion finally lol.

heyyyyy what's up cool people

anyone having any plans for the week/upcoming weekend, or business as usual? i was hoping this month would be better than last month but so far it's been... not great.

holding onto the small amount of hope that things will get better.

tbh i don't have much of anything going on right now either
general schoolwork things and a new puppy to help take care of, but that's really it. nothing out of the ordinary (or what will BECOME the ordinary for me, i suppose)

I traded my shiny Bewear for a Necrozma then traded that Necrozma for a shiny Sandshrew. Not really plans per se but I would have done this during the month regardless.

eh, everyone is entitled to their own opinion of the characters
my own personal favorite happens to be pretty divisive and i used to resent that because i felt that the reasons some people hated him so much were kind of... unfair, i guess, but i've made peace with it. not everyone has the same taste and as long as nobody is rude to one another over it and nobody is trying to seriously cause harm then it's all okay

tbf people don't have to like the main character to like a series. for example, rex from xenoblade 2 was absolutely despised in general back when the game first released, but the game itself still had a good amount of fans
(on a related note, there are a lot of people here who haven't seen the anime at all)

I didnt think they would ever actually let him be Champion. I really wanted him to meet Ho-oh though and that never happened. He has met many other legendaries but Ho-oh he literally saw his first day and then several times after, so I felt like eventually he and Ho-oh were going to have some encounter,but I guess they decided it wasnt happening. I guess at least they let him become a Champion finally lol.

Watch the twentieth film in the franchise, Pokémon the Movie: I Choose You!

Obviously, Im just shocked to see Ash haters on a pokemon website
Buddy I may have been a fan of Pokemon for 20+ something years but frankly neither was I ever a fan of him nor did I ever like the Pokemon anime back then. (Though recently one of my close friends here is getting me into Horizons)

I do miss him tho. Not as much as me or my best friend (albeit moreso for her than me since she's a huge James girl despite also disliking the Pokemon anime) missing TRio though.

Hi this is probably my first and only contribution here.

Having hung around the Pokémon fandom, it seems like most people either dislike or are indifferent towards Ash. I've played Pokémon for more than ten years and well I've never really cared about the anime.

Sure I consider him grating but he's not the worst character ever. Children need optimism, even if the delivery is cringey.

i also never really cared about ash. he was fun in the original seasons, back when he was sassy, but then he just kind of became generic shonen protagonist and that's.... really boring. i'm more sad about team rocket leaving, they were absolute icons.

Back
Top Bottom