• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Forums - vBulletin 4 Upgrade

Let me guess... are the data synched between both forum versions right now? And when the real switch happens, will there be significant downtime?

The test forum is a separate installation, using an old backup of our forums database. When we update to vB4, this forum will be updated. The test forum will then remain in place for us to test new updates when they come out before applying them to this forum.

The test forum is a separate installation, using an old backup of our forums database. When we update to vB4, this forum will be updated. The test forum will then remain in place for us to test new updates when they come out before applying them to this forum.

Of course, that'll come with a downtime for the update. Right? Or not? If there is, how long it'll be?

We honestly don't know. Could be as long as two days in the worst case scenario, though we're going to try and keep it to a minimum.

I'm all set for the upgrade, then. Even if it means downtime, as long as the forums get better.

By the way, may I ask, in addition to the essential addons, what are the addons that you plan to use in the (near) future?

By the way, may I ask, in addition to the essential addons, what are the addons that you plan to use in the (near) future?

All of the approved add-ons listed here will be implemented. Outside of those, there aren't any add-ons we plan on implementing at the moment.

The Awards System... is that just for testing, or will that be available for users after the upgrade?

If I understand correctly, the current data on the test forum will be wiped and then this server's data will be copied over.

Edit: Nevermind, actually. I re-read what you posted, Archaic. This server will be updated and the test will continue to be for testing.

I browsed through the add-ons Archaic mentioned, and I must say, I'm impressed by quite a few of them. Really looking forward to using some of them.

Any idea of a 'Tournaments' Add-on? Similar to the one we have now? Or are we just sticking to the Colosseum?

The Awards System... is that just for testing, or will that be available for users after the upgrade?

That one may be available. Our issue with that particular addon is that it hasn't been updated for some time, and we're concerned about its stability. There's another similar addon, but it doesn't quite do the things we want, so I'm a little hesitant about using it.

Any idea of a 'Tournaments' Add-on? Similar to the one we have now? Or are we just sticking to the Colosseum?

It's already there on the list.

Tournaments, Ladders & Leagues Manager v4.x
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=238945

Please make the Bananagarden skin one of the first released! It's sooooo epic, and has Tropius and Giovanni!

Damn I missed that, and the one below it. Thanks. I'm excited.

I also happened to notice that Aeris was able to create a table, but I can't seem to find a way to do it myself. Is that just for the staff, or will it be for all users?

I hope you can make tables! That's something that I've been wanting to do for a while now. It would be a very useful feature.

Please make the Bananagarden skin one of the first released! It's sooooo epic, and has Tropius and Giovanni!

Sorta late on this but the event skins are quite much the only ones not even started yet so Bananagarden will not be at launch and likely not among the first to be reintroduced either.

So does the Skin get sent to the default skin if it has not been uploaded yet?

What about Misty's Cerulean Blues by the way?

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom