• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden, who're your favorite Pokétubers? (or streamers!)

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
I personally really like CandyEvie! I've never shiny hunted or anything before (that's what she does a lot), but I might someday? Her combination of storytime content and Pokémon content is really cool imo!! My favorite video of hers is probably... this one about plushies maybe? Or this one about bootleg games?

I personally really like CandyEvie! I've never shiny hunted or anything before (that's what she does a lot), but I might someday? Her combination of storytime content and Pokémon content is really cool imo!! My favorite video of hers is probably... this one about plushies maybe? Or this one about bootleg games?
candyevie is a good yt
i just want to know, what happened to poke tips mike?
btw my favorite pokemon yt is pm7

• Lockstin: His Pokemon origins analysis are pure gold and makes you learn about history, culture and everything, and his fanmade Pokemon and regiones are as well designed as the real ones.
  • n0Rtist: A relatively new youtuber that makes fakemon based on science concepts and has a very stilized artstyle.
  • Karimero: Is in Spanish, but the love he puts in the editing is really admirable and the topics he covers are fun.
  • LumioseTrainerZac: Great anime videos and theories, his ongoing "Sword & Shield anime" series is amazing and has great editing.
  • Emperor Cubone: Cool short videos, focusing mostly on types and their distribution among Pokemon.
  • Truegreen7: His musical analysis are great as well as his Pokemon designs. I wish he focused more on the music though (He never made a PLA music video :cry: )
  • Enter the Unown: I laughed so hard with his "AI wrotes the anime" video, it's one of my favorites from the platform, and his challenges are very unique and are tackled on a very honest way.
  • PokespeFrantic (in Spanish): Her anime analysis were great, but where she truly shined was with her coverage of the manga and its characters, those videos were sadly taken down but some of them still live.

I've followed Scott's Thoughts for over a year now. His humble and somewhat unassuming nature gave his earlier videos a slightly amateurish charm, but at the same time it's been great seeing his presentation and gameplay knowledge develop to the point where his Yellow runs in particular are pretty impeccable. He's also given me a much stronger appreciation for Yellow, as even run-of-the-mill NPC Trainers present a variety of credible threats in solo challenges, to say nothing of tough Gym Leaders like Koga or Giovanni. Oh, and he uses Bulbapedia snips in his videos, so he has excellent taste!

Here's his channel: https://www.youtube.com/@ScottsThoughtsPokemon

And one of my favourite videos from recent months: The Ultimate Eeveelution Showdown - Which one is FASTEST in Pokemon Yellow?

I've loved watching Tama Hero for years, and although I have found some of her more recent choices to be baffling (ma'am please you do not have play Colosseum like twenty times if you hate that game just for the sake of proving the point that getting all Gen 3 content in Gen 3 is difficult) I find a lot of her videos to be incredibly interesting and eye opening. Her Ruby and Sapphire review in particular is a standout, and one of the best YouTube videos I've ever watched. She's really the only true "poketuber" I watch these days, though I used to watch a lot of JWittz back in the day, as well as Lockstin (especially around the Gen 7 era) and Bird Keeper Toby.

Looking through my Youtube subs now...Some Poketuber-adjacent YouTubers I watch are JaidenAnimations and Alpharad; they don't make strictly Pokemon content, but they do make a lot of it, and I enjoy the Pokemon content that they make. KingK does all sorts of gaming retrospectives, and he's done retrospectives for Gens 1-5 that are all very good. Lewtwo (who's a frequent Bulbapedia contributor, so that's cool) makes great Pokemon content focusing more on the production side. PokemonChallenges can be entertaining sometimes.

As for streamers, I used to watch a lot of speedrunners - werster of course, Swiftalu, Shenanigans, Keizaron, ExarionU, PulseEffects, etc etc etc. The only one I watch with some regularity is Swiftalu and I'm more of a lurker there, but even "some regularity" is more like once every two months nowadays lol

AbsolBlogsPokemon is a favorite of mine. Super genuine and funny, and puts a ton of effort and care into his content which definitely shows. Probably the only person who's ever made something like full-odds shiny hunting look like fun lol. His challenge runs are always great to watch!

To go a bit more niche, I'd also recommend TheZZAZZGlitch. They've been around on YT for a long time, and if you're at all interested in the inner workings of how the games function (from oddities in Gen I's memory, to how the dungeon layouts are generated in PMD), their channel is full of that stuff. There's a very low-key style to their videos which I like quite a lot.

Mandjtv: Very funny, lots of inside jokes. Like his john Micheal cup with PM7
Emperor cubone: Has some very thought provoking ideas and lots of great information

Update: I have also recently gotten into the Aura Guardian. Very dry sense of humor and nice voice. Love his videos that are focused on humor.

Last edited:
they're not exclusively a Poketuber, but I'm incredibly fond of Big Yellow. they cover really fun aspects of competitive, their sense of humor is the exact kind of thing I fuck with, and their non-Pokemon videos are just as intriguing - I don't know if anyone else could hook me on a 20-minute diatribe about teal Lego bricks so easily.

Yellow being my favorite is also reflective of a lot of my other favorite Poketubers generally being ones whose channels have a competitive bent - Wolfey, Plague von Karma, Reverend, Freezai, False Swipe Gaming, so on and so forth. my favorite that generally doesn't dive too deep into competitive stuff is easily Tama - her reviews of RS, FRLG, and DP are some of my favorite Pokemon vids ever. in the humor department, it's Mr1upz and nobody really comes particularly close. I'm also fond of MandJTV and JWittz - both give off good vibes, and JWittz in particular is one of the few guys I know of that's actually extensively covered the TCG. last one I can think of is SilphSpectre - I'm not that into his vids in general, but I absolutely fucked with his True Power series/tournament.

Last edited:
I watched a couple. TheJwittz was the first major one and made great vids going over general concepts. I really liked his glitches videos and creepy/weird pokedex entries ones. His rankings were always fun too. MandJtv is probably the best entertainer out of them, he’s fun to watch and makes interesting videos m. His type stereotypes one was great lol. Lockstin’s theories were awesome, loved how he incorporated alchemy with pokemon to explain the lore and how he viewed pokemon types. His series explaining every pokemon of a type was amazing and educational for me too., Patterz and Smallant make good playthrough vids that stuck out to me. Wolfey and False swipe gaming are good for getting into competitive and keeping up with the meta

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom