• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbaleague Conference (Random Battle Tournament)

Tournament Kick Off
    1. @Lone_Garurumon / Lone_Garurumon
    2. @Zachie / ZachieBlade
    3. @Auxillify / Auxillify
    4. @WyndonCalling / WyndonCalling
    5. @KenderCharmeleon / KenderCharmeleon
    6. @Acrobatic Crobat / Acrobatic Crobat
    7. @Parissong / Parissong
    8. @TheMalevolentOne / TheMalevolentOne16
    9. @prog rocker / prog rocker
    10. @Aozora / Amacha
    11. @Zorchic / SpectralSpectator
    12. @c.kilgannon / c.kilgannon
    13. @Andy Snype / Andrew
    14. @dawn dusk / Stealth_Spirit95
    15. @Blaine. / UnofficialBlaine
    16. @JBB / lesterhowey
    17. @FinnishPokéFan92 / FinnishPokéFan92
    18. @UltraMoose30 / UltraMoose30
    19. @Slife / Slife25
    20. @Blast / wanpachi
    21. @bulbasaur99 / bulbasaur99
    22. @Eeveely / Eeveely
    23. @Water Max / Water Max
    24. @TobyPsyTrainer / TobyPsychicTrainer
    25. @techmuse / techmuse
    26. @ZinnLav / ZinnLav
    27. @DarthWolf / DarthWolf13

Alright guys, with players its hard to make a balanced bracket (24 would have been easier but we're not excluding anyone here). So to solve this both @ZinnLav and I will also join as players, for a total of 27p.

This is going to slightly adjust the tournament setup.
    Phase 1 - Group Phase
    All players will be randomly divided into groups of 3. Creating 9 groups total (A - I)
    In here each contestant will play once against each other participant in the group. So you will be playing 2 matches.
    Based on your results you might move on to the second phase.

Phase 2 - Bracket Phase
    In this phase we will be playing double elimination. This means there are 2 brackets. The winners bracket and the losers bracket.
    If you lose a match in the winners bracket, you will move down to the losers bracket and continue playing there.
    If you lose in the losers bracket you will be eliminated from the competition.
    In the end the winners of each bracket will face off against each other in the finals. The losers bracket winner requires 2 wins to win the tournament, while the winners bracket player only needs 1.
    Now who goes on to the second phase?

Selection
    The top 2 players of each group will move on to the second phase.
    The top resulting player of the group moves to the winners bracker, while the second place moves on to the losers bracket.
    This means that the bottom scoring player of the group will be eliminated.
    Ties
    Ideally the group phase results in 2 wins for one player, 1 win for another, and 0 wins for the last. Meaning you have to lose 2 times throughout the whole tournament to be eliminated.
    However, there is the possibility of a circle victory in the group phase where each player wins once. This tie will be resolved as follows.
    1. Score Difference - You gain points for each remaining pokemon you had available at the end of a match and you lose points for each remaining pokemon your opponent had at the end of a match. (If a player forfeits during the match it will count as if that player had 0 pokemon remaining).
    2. Win VS Tied participant - If the score difference results in 2 players still being tied then the winner of their respective match will come out on top.
    3. Points - If there is still a tie we will compare the amount of points gained from your pokemon remaining in all your matches. This means it will not lower your score for each pokemon your opponent had remaining.
    4. ??? - If there is still a tie I will figure out a new way to break it, potentially having a tie breaker match.

Phase 2 Qualifications
    Now you might have already noticed that when 2 players per group move on, with one in each bracket, that both brackets are going to have 9 players. 8 players would be the preferred option. To solve this while keeping things as fair as possible we have the following solution.
    - The worst scoring player in winners will go to losers instead.
    - The 4 worst scoring players in losers will have to face off in a qualifier match to reach the top 8 of losers.
    In short, 2 players from losers will be eliminated to have a total of 16p remaining. Selection of "worst" scoring players will follow the same logic as the above mentioned tie breakers.

With that said. Let the group phase begin!
    Here is the Challonge link to keep track of the progress. I will also still announce updates here as well.

Groups
    Here are the groups (Can also be found in the link above)
    @Zorchic / SpectralSpectator
    @Acrobatic Crobat / Acrobatic Crobat
    @Slife / Slife25
    @DarthWolf / DarthWolf13
    @KenderCharmeleon / KenderCharmeleon
    @prog rocker / prog rocker
    @FinnishPokéFan92 / FinnishPokéFan92
    @techmuse / techmuse
    @c.kilgannon / c.kilgannon
    @bulbasaur99 / bulbasaur99
    @WyndonCalling / WyndonCalling
    @Auxillify / Auxillify
    @Parissong / Parissong
    @Aozora / Amacha
    @Blast / wanpachi
    @UltraMoose30 / UltraMoose30
    @ZinnLav / ZinnLav
    @Andy Snype / Andrew
    @Water Max / Water Max
    @Eeveely / Eeveely
    @dawn dusk / Stealth_Spirit95
    @JBB / lesterhowey
    @Blaine. / UnofficialBlaine
    @Zachie / ZachieBlade
    @Lone_Garurumon / Lone_Garurumon
    @TobyPsyTrainer / TobyPsychicTrainer
    @TheMalevolentOne / TheMalevolentOne16

Keep in mind the following notes:
    - Since this requires 2 matches, I'm giving everyone 2 weeks to play their games. Countdown
    - You can play them in any order you like.
    - You play each opponent once, a single battle.
    - Please discuss a date and time in private. Let's not clutter up this thread with that.
    - The winner of the battle is supposed to announce the result in this thread, with a link of the replay as proof that they won. The loser is also allowed to post it if the winner is somehow unable to.
    - Although the matches do not partake on the forum, the forum rules will still apply in the Showdown chat during the matches
    - Feel free to share a link here at the start of the match so that people can watch it live.
    - If you have any issues at all, be it with the tournament, your opponent, etc. Please contact me privately.

With that out of the way, I wish everyone good luck! Have fun!

Bracket Phase
  • Alright everyone, the group stage of the tournament has finished.

Unplayed matches
    A few matches have not been played out resulting in the following

Group A
    @Slife vs @Zorchic : 0 - 0 Tie due to both being active but not managing to play a match.

Group C
    @FinnishPokéFan92 vs @techmuse : 0 - 0 win for Finnish due to inactivity from their opponent.

Group D
    @Auxillify vs @bulbasaur99 : 0 - 0 Tie due to both being inactive and not reporting in.

Group H
    @JBB vs @Blaine. : 0 - 0 win for Blain due to inactivity from their opponent.

Group I
    @Lone_Garurumon vs @TobyPsyTrainer : 0 - 0 win for Lone due to inactivity from their opponent

Group stage scoring
    RankingGroupPlayerWinsPoint DifferencePointsHP ***
    1F@Andy Snype299
    2E@Aozora277602
    3B@DarthWolf277498
    4C@c.kilgannon266
    5D@WyndonCalling255428
    6G@Eeveely255371 ****
    7H@Blaine.244
    8I@Lone_Garurumon222
    9A@Slife *155
    10G@Water Max145
    11F@UltraMoose30136
    12A@Acrobatic Crobat105
    13H@Zachie104
    14E@Blast102197
    15I@TheMalevolentOne102136
    16B@KenderCharmeleon1-31
    17C@FinnishPokéFan921-40
    18A@Zorchic *0-50
    19 - 21C@techmuse **0-20
    19 - 21D@Auxillify **0-20
    19 - 21I@TobyPsyTrainer **0-20
    22D@bulbasaur99 **0-30
    23 - 24B@prog rocker0-40
    23 - 24H@JBB **0-40
    25E@Parissong0-70
    26G@dawn dusk0-90
    27F@ZinnLav0-120
    * Has 1 Tie, technically not considered a loss which might boost the player in ranking from their amount of losses.
    ** Technical standing, but is technically disqualified due to inactivity. Has no impact on those players moving on to the next round though.
    *** HP Tie breaker for the top 18 rankings. This is the total HP percentage of all remaining pokémon at the end of both matches.
    **** No replay is avaible for one of the matches so this is not included.

The top 8 players, those with 2 wins, will move on to the winners bracket. Lose here and you will move down to the losers bracket.
    Players ranking 9 till 18 will start out in the losers bracket. Lose here and you are out of the competition.
    Players ranking 19 and up will not move on in the tournament. To all of you, thank you for participating. I hope you enjoyed it. If you have any comments or feedback, feel free to post them here or to me privately.

Phase 2
    Now for phase 2, the winners and losers bracket will use the following format
    1599231816836.png
    The rank 1 player will face the rank 8 player, rank 4 faces rank 5 and so on...
    This also applies for the losers bracket, however, since the losers bracket contains 10 players the lowest 4 (ranks 15 - 18) will have an extra match.
    This results in the following bracket: Challonge
    1599232046365.png

This is only the first part of the bracket, to see the full thing, click the Challonge link
    Ignore the first round of Winners, that was just to set up the placements the way I wanted it.

Since Winners and Losers bracket don't move at the same pace in rounds it might happen that you have to wait a while for your next match. So please check in often to see if your next match is ready. Once it is, feel free to organise a date and time with your opponent. In short, you don't have to wait to play your match until I say so.
    I will announce and update deadlines for the most current matches. Right now these are
    Winners Round 2 12pm CEST 21 sep Countdown
    Losers Round 1 12pm CEST 14 sep Countdown
    Losers Round 2 12pm CEST 21 sep Countdown (Note that match 14 and 13 have to wait for match 10 and 9 respectively, the same deadline applies though)
    Deadlines will also be shown in the OP for quick reference and they will be updated when new deadlines appear.

Again, winner posts replay in this thread for their match. I will announce whenever a new match becomes available.
    So good luck out there and have fun!

Back
    Top Bottom