• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbaleague Conference (Random Battle Tournament)

Mk. Since I won a game, and JBB lost a game. would I be 1-0?
So lets grab your Group.
JBB is inactive, this would mean you would win against them 0-0. Like so
1598974152323.png
This then results in the following standing
As you see the following happens
- You get a total of 2 wins
- You keep your 4 points and 4 point difference (because it's a 0-0 win)
- Interestingly enough, Set Wins doesnt change. don't worry about that. That will only matter in case you tie in all other scores with someone from another group.

(Even then, I currently still have a few score ties that need to be resolved in some way, so suggestions are welcome)

Btw, out of curiosity I made a ranking of the tournament so far. This includes the 0-0 wins (I've given the losses to Slife in this instance since he hasn't played a match yet but is, according to his opponents still active). So this is purely hypothetical at this moment.
! represent ties in scores that I still would like to resolve.

Bracket Phase
Alright everyone, the group stage of the tournament has finished.

Unplayed matches
A few matches have not been played out resulting in the following

Group A
@Slife vs @Zorchic : 0 - 0 Tie due to both being active but not managing to play a match.

Group C
@FinnishPokéFan92 vs @techmuse : 0 - 0 win for Finnish due to inactivity from their opponent.

Group D
@Auxillify vs @bulbasaur99 : 0 - 0 Tie due to both being inactive and not reporting in.

Group H
@JBB vs @Blaine. : 0 - 0 win for Blain due to inactivity from their opponent.

Group I
@Lone_Garurumon vs @TobyPsyTrainer : 0 - 0 win for Lone due to inactivity from their opponent

Group stage scoring
RankingGroupPlayerWinsPoint DifferencePointsHP ***
1F@Andy Snype299
2E@Aozora277602
3B@DarthWolf277498
4C@c.kilgannon266
5D@WyndonCalling255428
6G@Eeveely255371 ****
7H@Blaine.244
8I@Lone_Garurumon222
9A@Slife *155
10G@Water Max145
11F@UltraMoose30136
12A@Acrobatic Crobat105
13H@Zachie104
14E@Blast102197
15I@TheMalevolentOne102136
16B@KenderCharmeleon1-31
17C@FinnishPokéFan921-40
18A@Zorchic *0-50
19 - 21C@techmuse **0-20
19 - 21D@Auxillify **0-20
19 - 21I@TobyPsyTrainer **0-20
22D@bulbasaur99 **0-30
23 - 24B@prog rocker0-40
23 - 24H@JBB **0-40
25E@Parissong0-70
26G@dawn dusk0-90
27F@ZinnLav0-120
* Has 1 Tie, technically not considered a loss which might boost the player in ranking from their amount of losses.
** Technical standing, but is technically disqualified due to inactivity. Has no impact on those players moving on to the next round though.
*** HP Tie breaker for the top 18 rankings. This is the total HP percentage of all remaining pokémon at the end of both matches.
**** No replay is avaible for one of the matches so this is not included.

The top 8 players, those with 2 wins, will move on to the winners bracket. Lose here and you will move down to the losers bracket.
Players ranking 9 till 18 will start out in the losers bracket. Lose here and you are out of the competition.
Players ranking 19 and up will not move on in the tournament. To all of you, thank you for participating. I hope you enjoyed it. If you have any comments or feedback, feel free to post them here or to me privately.

Phase 2
Now for phase 2, the winners and losers bracket will use the following format
1599231816836.png
The rank 1 player will face the rank 8 player, rank 4 faces rank 5 and so on...
This also applies for the losers bracket, however, since the losers bracket contains 10 players the lowest 4 (ranks 15 - 18) will have an extra match.
This results in the following bracket: Challonge
1599232046365.png

This is only the first part of the bracket, to see the full thing, click the Challonge link
Ignore the first round of Winners, that was just to set up the placements the way I wanted it.

Since Winners and Losers bracket don't move at the same pace in rounds it might happen that you have to wait a while for your next match. So please check in often to see if your next match is ready. Once it is, feel free to organise a date and time with your opponent. In short, you don't have to wait to play your match until I say so.
I will announce and update deadlines for the most current matches. Right now these are
Winners Round 2 12pm CEST 21 sep Countdown
Losers Round 1 12pm CEST 14 sep Countdown
Losers Round 2 12pm CEST 21 sep Countdown (Note that match 14 and 13 have to wait for match 10 and 9 respectively, the same deadline applies though)
Deadlines will also be shown in the OP for quick reference and they will be updated when new deadlines appear.

Again, winner posts replay in this thread for their match. I will announce whenever a new match becomes available.
So good luck out there and have fun!

Hey, I'm actually gonna end up being unavailable for the next couple weeks, so you could boot me if you want (also communication was really horrible because I can't keep up with forum-based communication as much as i can with discord)

Back
Top Bottom