• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Non-Mafia BulbaRonpa: The War Room's Killing Game (MASTERMIND VICTORY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Welcome to BulbaRonpa, the killing game of Bulbagarden's very own: a mafia-adjacent game based off of the murder-mystery visual novel series Danganronpa!

This is designed to be a beginner-friendly game with rules that are easy to learn and follow, with minimal host intervention and minimal fuss. (This is my first time ever hosting, so new players, you are not alone!) Additionally, Danganronpa knowledge is not required - it is really just the format that references the games.

The rules are simple. One player is the Mastermind while everyone else is a Student. Every Day phase (lasting 24 hours), a Class Trial is held in which everyone is encouraged to vote for who they believe the Mastermind is. Whoever gets the most votes is executed (...?), true to Danganronpa itself! After the Day and Class Trial conclude, we move to the Night phase (ALSO 24 hours), where the Mastermind gets to eliminate one Student of their choosing. The Students win if they execute the Mastermind, and the Mastermind wins if only one Student is left.

Here are the catches:
  • there are no roles. You are either a Student or the Mastermind. Nobody has any special abilities.
  • half of all players, including the Mastermind, are x1 lynchproof. If you are x1 lynchproof I will tell you in your Role PM.
  • Students have only two Night actions: Stay In Dorm or Visit Other Player (you can choose who to visit). I will elaborate on the relevance of these mechanics, and what they mean for the Mastermind, if anyone asks or in Role PMs once the game begins.
  • there are no Neighbor Chats or the like.
  • additionally, there are no half-wincons. You win or you lose. That's it.
  • just for funsies, everyone is getting assigned a character in their PM. This doesn't really mean much of anything, just thought it would fit the Danganronpa theme! There WILL be flavor text that is in-character supplied upon Body Discovery and a successful Execution, which may or may not mean much of anything. (Psst, it won't...)
EDIT: x1 lynchproof, not killproof, nobody is immune to the wrath of the Mastermind :swirlix:

All other general rules apply: no PM screenshotting, no outside contact (if you are talking about the game, even just general discussions. If you're going to talk to another player, it's gonna be in here), no trying to get modkilled. And most of all, just have fun! That's the most important part of all.
If you have any sort of question or want me to clarify something, go right ahead!
Aaaand... Spectators and subs welcome, but if you are considering playing, please please please join! The more the merrier with this game!

SLOTS:
1. @JamieIsBored
2. @Zexy
3. @toastghost
4. @Potato-6
5. @ExLight
6. @ZinnLav
7. @Mint Elv
8. @helperman
9. @Max1996
10. @Quasar_Catfish
11. @chaotic_ragna0
Subs: @Minish
Spectators:
A special, special shout-out to @Calvinッ the wonderful MoD for this game, without whom the Killing Game would not be possible!

Last edited:
/in

This is basically mafia but with SK instead of team... At least there are no investigations to balance it out, 1x killproof on half the town just makes it too hard for mastermind to win tho, considering this is open I will run some high swing scenarios on my own later. Hopefully visit interactions counterbalance that, I have faith in Calvin to help you work it out before rand to make it fair.

• Staff
/in

This is basically mafia but with SK instead of team... At least there are no investigations to balance it out, 1x killproof on half the town just makes it too hard for mastermind to win tho, considering this is open I will run some high swing scenarios on my own later. Hopefully visit interactions counterbalance that, I have faith in Calvin to help you work it out before rand to make it fair.
hm, i added x1 killproof as sort of a double-edged sword for mastermind. if they were the only one with any kind of armor everyone would know who they are, and if just everyone went down after one guess i think the game could be over too soon.
there are mechanics i have in mind to help mastermind out a bit that Calvin is aware of, i would say it is designed to be equally easy (or difficult) for both sides to win.

Last edited:
  • Staff
i want to add that for people familiar with the series, feel free to roleplay your character and have fun with it! this is danganronpa, after all (but no pressure for people not familiar with it)

But if the Mastermind is just that one character in the spoiler below most know about, doesn't them not roleplaying give out their identity?

Enoshima Junko

But if the Mastermind is just that one character in the spoiler below most know about, doesn't them not roleplaying give out their identity?

Enoshima Junko
Have talked to host about this. No Mukuro or Junko.

Oh, I reserved a place btw haven't just been put in by Eri! without agreement.

• Staff

Enoshima Junko
nope, not at all... i considered that myself.
junko is not a character in this game, neither is mukuro
you will see how it is the mastermind can effectively roleplay a normal character once the game begins, i'll leave you in suspense til then (but people familiar with the thi- uh, i mean the series as a whole might have their hypotheses...) :swirlix:

Gotta agree with this, seems to favor Students a lot. Best case, it'll take Mastermind 15 phases to win, with one death per phase. It'll take longer if the lynchproof is hit (which would 100% confirm them as a Student and never get lynched again).
i hate to break it to you but the characters are assigned at random... he is part of the student pool so you have a chance at being him for sure :p
Nagito is the Mastermind.

I'll give it a shot, but it seems like Mastermind can literally lose in the first phase if Students get lucky lol.

calling dibs on nagito
I mean no one prohibits you from RPing as Nagito no matter who you get?
Gotta agree with this, seems to favor Students a lot. Best case, it'll take Mastermind 15 phases to win, with one death per phase. It'll take longer if the lynchproof is hit (which would 100% confirm them as a Student and never get lynched again).

I'll give it a shot, but it seems like Mastermind can literally lose in the first phase if Students get lucky lol.
Not sure we will get exactly 16 people, but yeah... Really depends on the hidden stuff, hope they balance it out enough.

He could be?

I do not mind, what is the chance of YOU specifically randing Mastermind? Rather miniscule...

1. oh you'll see about that B)
2. nuh uh
3. they absolutely cannot, i have taken preventative measures

IMPORTANT: READ THIS!
important news regarding the game!
the ruleset has undergone minor adjustments! the x1 killproof has been adjusted to x1 lynchproof!
additionally, new mechanics are arriving to the game: CONSUMER OPINION and FREE TIME EVENTS.
  • Consumer Opinion allows spectators and/or deceased members of the game to vote on one message from Audience Chat to be posted at the end of each phase in the game's thread. obviously, i will be reviewing the message beforehand to ensure nothing game-breaking occurs as a result...
  • Free Time Events become available between two people after a successful Night Stay. these are akin to a Neighbor Chat in any other game.
a new mechanic has also been put in the game for the sake of balance, meant to help the Mastermind. however, i cannot give this away until the game begins.

a new pregame rule has also been enacted: everybody must confirm they have received their pm both in this thread AND in the pm itself. this is to prevent the mastermind... doing what i did the other day, and also doubles as a general safety measure.

as of today, there are exactly two weeks left to reserve a spot in the game with nine slots left. by no means do i want to pressure people to join, but this is a game that works better the more people are in it, so if you're considering it... please join! it's a guaranteed fun experience, and meant to be enjoyable and fairly simple to pick up regardless of skill level or experience.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom