• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW007: Tsutarja - Captured by Mad Love!?

Tsutarja's lonely nature (or that it seems as of now) reminds me of both Bulbasaur and (of course!) Sceptile. I only hope they give her an interesting storyline to not feel like a rehash; at least being female is already fresh.

Seven episodes and Ash already has a nearly full party? Talk about fast pacing. I must admit I disliked the idea first when I saw him capturing Tsutarja (as with th three starters, the series starts to feel too much Kanto/Johto when it was supposed to be fresh with just homage references, plus this lessens the possiblities of Miju evolving... to be honest, now I don't think it will at all) but after a few minutes (really, I just watched the episode) it grew on me, since this gives us a full fleshed cast since the begining instead of having Pokémon debuting so late they can't be fully developed (I'm looking at you, Gible). Yay for a stablished group (specially for confirmed genders rather than have them abigous trhoughout the whole series provoking fandumb wars).

Moving on to the actual episode. It was OK. That's all. Maybe I didn't enjoy it that much becasue of today's news, but whatever be the case, I felt it the weakest episode so far. I mean, no Team Rocket attacking (although that one can be a good thing, as it prevents routine) and Ash still throwing Balls out of the blue by the seventh episode does make him look retard; the "I screw it because I'm excited 'cause I just arrived in here" feel must have already faded away. It was not a bad episode at all, just not as good as the others.

On the other side, I gladly admit Iris' face when Ash doesn't know what to do after Memepato 'evades' the Attract attack was really hilarious.

And yeah, I never doubted Miju was male. His attention-whoriness towards Ash never felt like a crush unlike Bayleef who was pure lust, but rather like a small guy with a big ego. And agree too, for me everything is male until confirmed the contrary.

All in all, it was a relevant episode thanks to gender confirmations but not the best one in terms of fun.

I'm more concerned of Kibago at this point. Even if it (don't know the gender yet) evolves, would it listen to Iris at all? Another thought is her reasons of appearing at the start of the anime and not somewhere near the last gym.

I agree, she really needs to start doing something outside of climbing trees.

I think the absence of a quest for her was a mistake on the writers part.

Don't forget the constant nagging of Ash. Hopefully she will actually do something because Climbing trees, nagging Ash, getting hit in the face with Water Gun(in Episode 20). I want to see what Kibago is made of, correct me if I am wrong but she hasn't even used a single attack with Kibago even against Team Rocket.

not a bad episode, and Ash's cluelessness made it all the better. Dento is still Brock with eyes but whatever. A good episode and Mamepato got to do something. Hooray.

I know. Him not knowing Mamepoto's gender was much more worthy this episode than Tsutarja's capture. Dent misread him, LOL.

The animation of Air Cutter still looks like Air Slash to me though. Oh well. I won't pester anymore.

I wasn't sure if I wanted to watch this episode but I did... Anyways.

So far, the worst of this season but that's not saying it's bad. I actually liked it, just wasn't crazy over it. Tsutarja is very interesting, that I love. So far, everyone is interesting and for the most part has a story to create or to look back on.

This Tsutarja has both and it's a mystery that I hope unravels as the show continues...

I love the fact that the new main trio are so completely different. Dento, the mature one whom seems to think Satoshi is much smarter than he actually is and Iris who is extremely adventurous and childish who always overscores him... Then you got Satoshi, the hero... Who just wants to complete his dream

I always thought Mijumaru was a boy so that was no surprise. He came off as a baby boy wanting a father's attention, Satoshi being considered his father.

I honestly felt for Tsutarja and if you notice later, it seems to be shocked Satoshi no longer was behind him... Then, although putting up a fight as typical for grass starter catches, it seemed happy that Satoshi would be it's trainer... The slight smirk on it's face.

The part where Ash admits to not knowing Mamepato is a female is hilarious!

Score: 7.5/10

Did Ash get brain damage in between this season and Sinnoh?

That's the vibe I'm getting.

A shame the only BW Pokemon here is Tsutarja. Not even a 1 second passerby Pokemon here. Next episode won't reveal any more silhouettes in the opening.

Did anyone think Dento wasn't as interesting in this ep as the previous two? I mean he really only cooked at the beginning and just served as Brock 2.0 throughout the rest of it.

I hope his sparkles return in the next eps.

Did anyone think Dento wasn't as interesting in this ep as the previous two? I mean he really only cooked at the beginning and just served as Brock 2.0 throughout the rest of it.
I did think so. I kinda expected him to quarrel with Iris a lot, because he's a fancy snob and Iris is a wild girl. Nothing close to that happened. :(

Well as the first episode as the group together their dynamics are still developing. Dento seems to think Ash is a pretty interesting guy, and seems to respect him. He seems okay with Iris, hopefully they both will do more down the line in terms of plot.

Iris seems okay with Dento, and nags the hell out fo Ash in this episode with him getting understanbly irritated.

I have to say...I'm surprised Ash had no clue that Mamepato was a girl. Sure, they don't draw them (for obvious reasons), but I'm pretty sure that like animals, Pokémon have reproductive organs.

Also, forget Brock's backpack...where does Dent keep all that stuff? In Iris' hair?

I liked Tsutarja in this episode a lot. Mijumaru has a concrete personality, so does Tsutarja...shame about Pokabu and Iris.

not a bad episode, and Ash's cluelessness made it all the better. Dento is still Brock with eyes but whatever. A good episode and Mamepato got to do something. Hooray.
Half Eyes.

Well, Dent did misread Ash from him knowing his Mamepoto was female. Otherwise, you think he used the bird in the first place instead of letting Mijumaru and Pokabu go all that trouble. Knowing that, perhaps Dent is also a little dense.

This is because this episode primarily and almost entirely focused on Ash catching the Tsutarja. That's not to say that Dent hasn't done anything. Dent was the one who points out that Mamepato is a girl and helps Iris in saving Ash from the mud. Not to mention that without his cakes, this episode would not have happened in the first place.

Dent obviously had more screentime in the past two episodes because it is both his debut and him joining the group (not to mention the gym battle at hand).

Consider it a miracle if Dent actually goes beyond what Brock has done in the original series. From the looks of things, he doesn't seem to do too much in the next episode either.

When is Iris going to actually do something, she constantly nags Ash and its annoying, i mean even her Kibago has a goal, to evolve to Ononokusu. Even Dento is doing more than her.

I like Tsutarja. She has an interesting personality. I wonder if she and Mijumaru will have a smackdown of the egos.That would be interesting.

Its nice that Ash remembered Mamepato, and interesting that she's female. Maybe he will use her in battle now.

Ash is catching his pokemon at a very fast pace, like one every episode or 2, i wonder if the writers will have him catch more than he has before in previous regions? He's got to stop being so nooby and chucking Poke Balls at Pokemon before battling them. Thats getting a little annoying, and it might have been funny the first time but its not much of a gag.

Moar Meowth battle action!!!! Its so funny and awesome to see Meowh go all" Rarrr Fury Swipes!!!" Giovanni probably told him to stop being so useless and actually do domething for the TRio, i mean he is a pokemon after all. They are taking their assignment seriously, most likely because they regularly report to Boss

I have to say...I'm surprised Ash had no clue that Mamepato was a girl. Sure, they don't draw them (for obvious reasons), but I'm pretty sure that like animals, Pokémon have reproductive organs.

Do you know how hard it is to tell the difference between genders of real life animals of certain species for a ten year old who doesn't think much about that particular thing?

Well in that case Ash has no way of telling the difference, outside Game Gender Differences which there isn't a whole lot in the games, and Ash most likely wouldn't know until his hypothetical Hatooboo evolves and someone points out its gender difference.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom