• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW007: Tsutarja - Captured by Mad Love!?

Yes, but they aren't going to solely focus on Ash. Some of the episodes have to be dedicated to Iris and Dento pokemon character development. If they can split the other 70 episodes between Iris and Dento then I suppose it is possible for all of them to have equal development.

Gliscor'd,you are wrong,Misty didn't need Totodile and Totodile went to Ash was a much bettet move then it would have been if it went to Misty who didn't need it anyways,Ash did use Totodile a whole lot in Johto,you are just wrong all the way.

Tsutarja is a good Pokemon for Ash's Isshu team.

Ash getting all of the starters in Kanto was really cool and getting them again in Johto was really the best since they were handled perfectly well.

I do hope Ash gets an interchangeable team, Isshu has far too many Pokémon for Ash to have his full 6 by episode 20. Of course, I hope Iris and Dent get full teams, or at least four Pokémon each. For example, I'd like Dent to catch a Kurumayu or a Shikijika, and Iris NEEDS an Erufuun. Hopefully, Ash having 5/6 of his Pokémon at episode 7, means that others will catch Pokémon, or his Pokémon will all evolve a lot as the season progresses.

Iris: Hold it, you two should really think clearly about this.
Ash: I've never done anything under the influence of my mind!

I can't wait to see how that gets translated...

Iris Ash, wait! Maybe you should think about this before doing anything?
Ash: Oh please, I never think before doing anything!

I can't wait to see how that gets translated...

Iris Ash, wait! Maybe you should think about this before doing anything?
Ash: Oh please, I never think before doing anything!

That is basically what he is saying. Anyway, I smiled at that line.

Heh, so I guess there wasn't just the one funny scene in the episode. I liked the part where Ash said he didn't know Mamepato was female. Although what slightly ruined it was Iris' compliment, because Mamepato was the only one Ash hadn't tried yet, so it was the obvious choice.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure Ash will get more Pokemon in the Isshu region as the season moves on,Ash might evolve all of his Isshu starters but that remain unown as of now and we can't tell what kind of development this team will have.

To be honest, it would be great if he did catch more than six Pokémon and switches them consistely. This is something that has never been done (tha only tieme he caught mnore than six was in Kanto with Krabby and Tauros, but both when instantly oaked and not used for years, at least never in the Kanto saga) so it would be interesting to see for a change, although it would be risky for the wwriters to have an intercheangable cast and it might suck if they don't handle it right.

Dont forget his Muk.

But ya, this was good episode. I am bit excited about Best Wishes saga.

VeggiePopper,Infernape isn't one of Ash's stronger Pokemon,he is strong but he isn't Ash's strongest Pokemon and Sceptile isn't Ash's stronger pokemon either he is strong but not the strongest,Charizard is Ash's strongest Pokemon to date.

The Best Wishes series is turing out to be the true best Pokemon series to date coming after the original series.

Ash: I've never done anything under the influence of my mind!

That's... not even remotely accurate.

The line in question is
これが落ち着いてなんかいられる かって。
which roughly translates to "I can't stay calm now!"

You should wait for better subs.

just finished episode

Overall I really liked this episode and I love the direction of the saga so far, but then again I am an optimist :sweatlol:. Really I only have one problems so far:

-Iris: I love Iris very much as a main character, but her "childish" comments about Ash are really starting to bug me. Also she hasn't battled once yet as ya'll know, which annoys me a bit. I think I may know why though. Maybe she was the 8th gym leader, but grew tired of battling(or something happened) and she left her title, which is why she knows so much about battling and keeps criticizing Ash. Just a theory. If she has three sisters that run the gym then this is Kanto all over again:lol:

Edit: I can't wait for the episode where Iris starts to eat her words about Ash. I KNOW ITS COMING. :XD:

Last edited:
Misty did pretty much the exact same thing Iris is doing now. They both critizied Ash's battling habits, on more than one occassion. Iris answer to that is just saying he doesn't think, and acts like a child. The child thing will last the entire season, but of course once he proves he's better than her she might shut up...well no. Ash was more or less equal to Misty in the second gym...yet she still odly enough was harsh. She really had no right to be talking in hindsight.

It was great when Misty did it because it was when Ash/Satoshi first started his journey, but now he has competed in 4 leagues and a frontier, so it's not as good or funny with Iris IMO. But then again Ash is alot like he was in the original series, which is actually nice, but i do miss some of his more serious attitude from Hoenn and DP. Most likely he or Iris will change over time.

Iris doesn't really know anything about Ash. She knows nothing about his Leagues, BF, or any of his powerhouses. Plus his behavoir is a bit questionalbe at times due to how easily he gets excited. Ash has a tendancy to battle with type disadvantaged Pokemon as well. I doubt Ash will change at all.

If I was Iris i would make fun of Ash aswell, the noob mistakes he still makes are unbelievable.

Iris doesn't really know anything about Ash. She knows nothing about his Leagues, BF, or any of his powerhouses. Plus his behavoir is a bit questionalbe at times due to how easily he gets excited. Ash has a tendancy to battle with type disadvantaged Pokemon as well. I doubt Ash will change at all.

This ^

An experienced trainer makes far fewer mistakes, but we have to keep in mind Ash's personality. As much as we want him to act like the hardcore trainer that takes into consideration every aspect of an attack, a pokemon's stats, types, and calculates the best course of action, he isn't. He's still the same Ash that values supporting his Pokemon over going directly for a win. If the show keeps on, he'll still be the same Ash in 5 years that does little preparation, but shows his strengths in his ability to adapt with creative strategies and connect with his Pokemon.

However, I can't stand Iris' comments about Ash either. Granted, she doesn't know much about what he's done. She doesn't know that he had a battle with a Darkrai and Latios 4 episodes before she met him, likely. Even May and Dawn got a chance to see Ash's large amount of Pokemon when he reunited with the Oak'd ones. I doubt she's aware of his 30+ Pokemon he's personally trained very extensively with. Even in AG, it took until Tactics Theatrics in the Battle Frontier for Ash's past achievements to be recognized. Personally, I think like others that the montage of Ash's leagues in that episodes should've gotten a more surprised look from Max and May, but oh well.

If he had came to Isshu with Pikachu, Torterra, Infernape, Staraptor, Buizel and Gliscor, I doubt she'd view him as a child. His Sinnoh team really saw the most amount of evolutions out of any league. But this argument is less about his strong Pokemon, but his ability as a trainer. This is why he starts over at the beginning of each journey since AG. It's for marketing to have a show that's fresh for current young audiences, but it also keeps Ash on his toes being able to handle new Pokemon.

Misty's comments about him were warranted all throughout Kanto as he was an amateur. But, also, I don't believe most of her comments post-Indigo were to intentionally criticize him. They were friends. Friends pick on each other and laugh at each others weaknesses while also supporting each other. Plus, there's the Pokeshipping, which leads to more passive aggressive teasing. :) Even during the Pallet reunion episode at the end of Hoenn, Misty *still* picked on Ash saying "Pokemon tend to act like their trainer, and I know a trainer that has been running wild lately." There are just several reasons to disregard Misty's picking on Ash. Even though she did pick on him, did you see her belittling him at the end of a gym or league battle in Johto? She did it in Kanto because he was an amateur, but it was much toned down in Johto because of the time that had passed.

Last edited:
So Mamepato is a female? Wow I didn't see that one coming I guess Ash won't be getting the pink mask Kenhouru. But anyway it was good to see Ash capture Tsutarja in this episode it looked shocked after seeing Ash's concern for Pikachu so maybe it'll have some back story.

Oh yeah did anyone else find that little dance thing Mijumaru did after it came out of it's Pokeball weird???

I can't remember where I read it, maybe Bulbapedia, but isn't there something about female Kenhouru being better at flying than male Kenhouru? Maybe Ash's Mamepato being female will have something to do with that later on in the series.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom