• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW042: Don Battle Tournament! Satoshi vs. Iris!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BW041 - Everyone Gathers! Don Battle!!

so far Langley owns Beartic only.
That's okay I hope she will encounter Ash co. and challenges Iris again
but Langley must have more than 3 pokemon

yes, you can check on bulbapedia. I hope she doesn't only own her Pignite and Minccino, but also other her new Pokemon

The prize better not be useless soothe bells like back in DP.

Perhaps, a Choice Band or Miracle Seed for the winner. A ticket on the Battle Subway for runner ups maybe? Wishful thinking on my part.

But, yeah like CommanderPigg said they may not give prizes due to them being casual battles.

Is Bianca appearing?
Yes, she is confirmed to appear.

Is Bianca appearing?

Like the others have said, yes, yes she is, along with Kenyan and Cabernet. I said that a a few pages back.

I really like that Kenyan is appearing again, maybe he could also compete in the league.

The summary says something about the mispronunciation of Kenyan again, that should be funny to see. I hope we do get a prize out of this.

Wait a second, how exactly is Ash mispronouncing Kenyan's name, wrong?

Last edited:

The prize better not be useless soothe bells like back in DP.

We don't have to have a prize in it, Don George has a training facility so he is organizing it has part of training I believe, sure he can give a prize at the end but trainers would probably want to participate prize or not just so they can get some training to their pokemons.

Wait a seconds, how exactly is Ash mispronouncing Kenyan's name, wrong?

Satoshi pronounces it "Ken-EE-Ahn" Without the y, whereas it's supposed to be "Ken-Yahn"

I really hope Bianca get's a chance to shine in this tournament. I don't expect her to win, but I don't want to see her get stomped by anyone.

This episode sounds great; I'm thinking we'll get a lot of new Pokemon debuts out of this. I'm guessing this will be an arc then, what with all these characters returning. It'd be funny if Bianca or Cabernet won this.

If Iris wins, people will call her a Mary Sue.

If Cilan wins, he'll also be a male Mary Sue.

If Trip wins, he'll definitely be considered a male Mary Sue.

Therefore only Ash, and maybe Bianca or Cabernet can win.

Not quite ...

If Cilan wins, people will be happy and charmed by the fact he won the tournament just because he's so awesome.

Agreed with the rest, though. For some reason I'd like Bianca to win this. :)

I still say she should be the one to hand Shooty's ass to him on a platter. Use Heat Stamp over and over again, just like she did in her first two gyms :p

OK, yeah, there's a little bias there towards who I consider the better rival character, but c'mon, it'd be hillarious.

If Cilan wins, he'll also be a male Mary Sue.

Why would either of them even need to win this tournament? That would take away from Ash/Trip's rivalry. Cilan or Iris beating Trip would be terrible from plot standpoint, and would only serve to make Trip want to battle them later moreso than Ash himself.

If Trip wins, he'll definitely be considered a male Mary Sue.

Except that could actually add some much needed tension to the Ash, and Trip rivalry if pulled off correctly. It's high time they do something that will move the Ash/Trip rivalry along in the right direction.

Last edited:

I defiantly want Luke's Zorua to evolve and win the battle tournament in a final showdown against Pikachu. Chillarmy doesn't seem that good since Emonga beat him easy. Charbu couldn't beat Tsutarja for some reason.

Just the fact that Cabernet is appearing again makes me excited for this episode. I was hoping she would appear again because I really like her interactions with Dent.

I defiantly want Luke's Zorua to evolve and win the battle tournament in a final showdown against Pikachu. Chillarmy doesn't seem that good since Emonga beat him easy. Charbu couldn't beat Tsutarja for some reason.

Bianca has yet to defeat Ash, or at the very least, tie with him in an official battle. Aside from the pokemon that she uses, Bianca tends to get very flustered when things do not go her way in the middle of a battle. Even so, however, we do know that Bianca was skilled enough to win two badges (with just her Pignite, I might add), and it is quite possible that she has already won the Insect Badge from Burgh by the time she will appear again. Bianca should be at or around Ash's level by the time she will compete in this tournament, so I wouldn't count her out yet.

We have seen so little of Bianca battle anyway. Bianca's only true loss on-screen was against Ash and his Pikachu. With that said, Minccino never really "lost" to Emolga. Neither pokemon was defeated in that battle. The majority of Biancsa's battles so far on-screen in this series were draws, which were either caused by a pokemon using Attract, or a pokemon causing trouble outside of the battle that prevented either party from continuing.

Also keep in mind that Bianca could potentially use other pokemon in this tournament.

Luke does appear until BW040 so why are you cheering for him? He could be bland or jerk for all you know. Did we even see his design yet? I don't get it.

Luke does appear until BW040 so why are you cheering for him? He could be bland or jerk for all you know. Did we even see his design yet? I don't get it.

The trainer Luke, is making a film starring Zorua his Pokemon. I doubt the guy is a jerk or bland. If he's doing all this for and with his Pokemon. Of course I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom