• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW042: Don Battle Tournament! Satoshi vs. Iris!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pidgeot

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Records:
Still In:
Ash
Iris
Cilan
Kenyan
Langley
Luke
Antonio
Dean
Out:
Burgundy
Ibishi
Omega
Sanshiro
Trip
Bianca
Sekimoto
Yoshimoto

EDIT: With BW026 being finally aired on 23/06/2011, BW040 will air on 30/06/2011, which means that BW041 will be postponed till 07/07/2011.

EP700/BW039: Everyone Gathers! Don Battle!!
Airdate: 07/07/2011

EP701/BW040: Fierce Fighting! Snivy VS Pawniard!!
Airdate: 21/07/2011

EP702/BW041: Climatic Don Battle! Emolga VS Sawk!!
Airdate: 04/08/2011

EP703/BW042: Decisive Don Battle! Ash VS Iris!!
Airdate: 11/08/2011

According to Masaaki Iwane's blog, Elesa will appear in BW041:

月刊テレビガイドの予告では6月30日までのが載っているらしいから、30日放送分のタイトル も
あれば載る

ライモンシティといえば、岩根さんの日記にて「ガマガルはライモンあたりで使えるかも? 」と
書いてあったんだが…今の段階で今後の岩根さん担当回はライモンジムまで行っていないという
ことなのだろうか

Translation: 'The monthly notice from TV Guide seems to be listed on June 30, the title of 30 episodes
If there appear

Raimonshiti Speaking at the Iwane's Diary "will be used around Gamagaru Lymon?"and
But once I had written ... Iwane's representative at a future that has not been until now Raimonjimu
That must be what'

So, seeing as the episode will air on 30th June 2011, and BW039 airs on 16th June 2011, the episode must be BW041.

And I don't think the gym battle would happen straight after the twerps reach Nimbasa, so this is probably the annual gym leader introduction episode. It also has Palpitoad doing something in it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: BW041 - Elesa

16 episodes between. Slowing up the pace a bit, but nowhere near what we got stuck with in Sinnoh. I wonder if they'll stick with her game team or not give her two of the same pokemon.

16 episodes between. Slowing up the pace a bit, but nowhere near what we got stuck with in Sinnoh. I wonder if they'll stick with her game team or not give her two of the same pokemon.

It's just about the same length between gyms as it was Hoenn.

I wish people would actually link to the blog.

Not just because it's a source for the episode thing, but I highly admire his animation and would love to just read his blog.

I've checked everywhere, but I can't find his blog.

Awesome news. I'm really looking forward to seeing her in the Anime.

We kept the thread on the test forums and Musashi vouched for it so I think we can keep it now, but next time if you don't post a source for an episode thread, it will get locked according to the new rules we put it place.

Anyway, let's start speculating!

I think Ash will lose to Elesa, since it could go like this:

BW041: Elesa Appears! Electrifying Nimbasa City Gym Battle!!
BW042: The Big Ferris Wheel! Ash VS N!!
BW043: Pokemon Musical! Iris Participates!!
BW044: Nimbasa Rematch! Ash VS Elesa!!

Of course, all four titles are just speculative.

Yay! we're reaching Nimbasa City! Now, if we can only have a confirmation on a Enter Dento - Singing Sommelier episode!!!!

I really liked Kamitsure in the games, and her gym was awesome. I really hope we see Tsutarja and Mijumaru getting a battle here. Tsutarja because I really feel a huge loss in the gym could spark some developpement, like what happened with Aloe, and Mijumaru, because he's trained really hard, and I think he needs a big win (possibly an evolution) would be really a really good way to underline the progress made... hopefully followed by a loooong period of focusing on the other members of Ash's team. I don't know why, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Hatoboh used here too. Ash has a track record of using pokémon with a type disadvantage in Isshu, so who knows?

Awesome. <3

I'm glad she's finally appearing. I hope we get to her her interact with Biance like she does in the game. It could provide some good development later on. I'm also curious as to how Ash is going to get around Volt Switch. I hope there'sno cheap cop-out win in this gym, and there's actually some good stragety used on both ends. If I see protect spam again.......

singing sommelier would make my LIFE.

Kamitsure was so... frustrating. Emonga is one of the most annoying pokemon to battle, ever. EVASION UP, EVASION UP, VOLT SWITCH, ALKFJDLFJSDJGLJSD:L.
I would love to see that play out in battle - Satoshi getting ridiculously frustrated by never being able to land a hit.

Well I did hear that Iwane mentioned that Palpitoad was going to be used in this match. Still I do hope Snivy stars. Tepig, and Oshawott need to stay far way from this gym battle.

Volt Switch? Iris and Satoshi training maybe? Emonga and Tsutarja training maybe? I mean Emonga's a Flying type and Kamitsure's signature Pokemon has Flame Charge.

After suffering a devastating loss to Kamitsure's powerful Electric Pokemon. Satoshi decides to go and train around Raimon City. He encounters the Battle Dome, Battle Subway, and Battle Carnival. Iris decides to participate in the Battle Carnival Ferris Wheel Challenge alongside Satoshi soon a strange boy shows up named, N! Can Satoshi and Iris beat this strange guy, or is there more to N then meets the eye?!

Maybe this could happen?

Emonga after watching Tsutarja's loss against the gym leader wakes her up at night. The two go visit the battle Dome, Emonga does special training with Tsutarja?!

O-o-oh my GOSH! She's finally gonna be in the anime!? AWESOME! I hope they do a really good job, Elesa is my favorite Gen 5 character and I do NOT want her anime debut (or the actual Gym battle) to be half-baked.

I mean, even Lenora gave Ash trouble, so in theory, so would Elesa...right?

Maybe this could happen?

Emonga after watching Tsutarja's loss against the gym leader wakes her up at night. The two go visit the battle Dome, Emonga does special training with Tsutarja?!

Y'know that could actually be interesting. But, I'd rather have Ash, and Iris involved as well rather than just the Pokemon themselves.

I hope Ash loses the first time and instead of one episode of training and then the gym battle, I hope it's some little arc a la Brawley in Hoenn. We can see some Palpitoad training, Snivy training, and whoever Ash's third pokemon is gets to train. Since it doesn't seem like Scraggy will be battle ready at this point (hopefully after the first movie it will be), then I guess a good third pokemon for this gym would be Roggenrola if it gets caught. So yeah training for those three pokemon would be awesome.

And during that arc, add in some Cilan/Musical stuff, Iris training with Ash, the sports domes, N and the ferris wheel, etc. and I think it'll all be good. So yeah, hopefully this will be a good introduction episode for Elesa and that Ash loses only so we could see Ash and co. stay in Nimbasa longer.

I hope Ash loses the first time and instead of one episode of training and then the gym battle, I hope it's some little arc a la Brawley in Hoenn. We can see some Palpitoad training, Snivy training, and whoever Ash's third pokemon is gets to train. Since it doesn't seem like Scraggy will be battle ready at this point (hopefully after the first movie it will be), then I guess a good third pokemon for this gym would be Roggenrola if it gets caught. So yeah training for those three pokemon would be awesome.

And during that arc, add in some Cilan/Musical stuff, Iris training with Ash, the sports domes, N and the ferris wheel, etc. and I think it'll all be good. So yeah, hopefully this will be a good introduction episode for Elesa and that Ash loses only so we could see Ash and co. stay in Nimbasa longer.

So it could go like I thought it would, but with a few more training eps.

My guess for the Pokemon to use would be. Gamagaru, Dangoro, Kurumayu, Pikachu, and Tsutarja.

I wish they'd give the gym leaders more Pokemon. But, yeah. I think out of all them the ones who have the best shot at battling would be Pikachu, Gamagaru, and Tsutarja.

Firstly, you did a double post.

Secondly, what is it with people that are so sure Ash will catch Roggenrola? It hasn't been confirmed at all, and there are other times where episodes have been based on a Pokemon that hasn't been caught (Jigglypuff, Wynaut, Swablu, Spoink, Hipopotas, and Krokorok).

Thirdly, this will be the 700th episode.

I kinda hope Ash wins on his first try. Episode 40 could be about the whole thing with Elesa helping out Bianca with her father's concern's. Ash could battle against her to show that she is fairly competent, and does have the skills to be on her own. The next episode could be the gym, and the third would hopefully be the one where N would possibly appear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom