• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW050 - Raimon Gym! Magnificent Electric Shock Battle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BW049 + BW050 - Kamiture and the 4th Gym!

Pikachu was given a personality over the past few episodes, so why not? If Pikachu does become the MVP, I want to see how the writers can get away with it, considering that Zebstrika's in-game abilities prevent the pokemon from being damaged by Pikachu's Electric-type attacks.

do people forget the fact it took down Volkner's Electivire?

either way if Zebrastrika is heavily focused on during Bianca's match I wouldn't be suprised if Palpitoad makes quick work of it during Ash's battle so her other two pokemon get more focus, after all those two have been stated to fight first.

Wow, this episode kind of has me excited here. For one, Bel may get some thing out of the deal, animation looks really good. I'm liking the gym leader and the battles look fun.

What is with all this fanservice in the preview? Elesa keeps spinning around and showing her body.

I guess the animators must have been upset that Iris doesn't really have any fanservice quirks. Just wait to see what they do with Skyla...

What is with all this fanservice in the preview? Elesa keeps spinning around and showing her body.

I guess the animators must have been upset that Iris doesn't really have any fanservice quirks. Just wait to see what they do with Skyla...

Would it be any different if a sexy chick was in the main cast instead of Iris? Anyway, Iris's hair is pure fanservice and you can't deny that.

I saw the preview for the gym battle ep recently and its nice to see Pikachu gets some electric gym action! That emolga looks like it for sure outclasses Iris' lol. Ash should have used roggenrola against emolga in my opinion but what u gonna do? I do not get one bit why bel's dad acts like that.... I wonder if Ash beats him, Bianca can stay on her journey.

She's a model, it's her thing. Like Pikachu and Electric Gyms.

So are Team Rocket absent for the two Elesa episodes?

That probably wasn't deliberate...but still xD

I lol'd.

Pikachu: Champion.
Gamagaru: Fall guy.
Tsutarja: Draw?

Yeah, it unfortunately looks to be the case. I don't really like the logic that just because Pikachu was the fall guy in a tournament, it has to be used, and star here. Then again I never was really to keen on "redemption" victories either, since it doesn't change the fact that they still lost. Honestly, Ash turning Pikachu down despite everything would have been pretty interesting. He could have used some other Pokemon.

That being said, I thought the summary mentioned that it was going to be Zebstrika vs Palpitoad first. I guess Elesa Volt switches to Emonga? Who just happens to know attract like everything else in this series..

On BW49, yeah it looks like Bel's gonna lose, but I'm glad she isn't being presented as a total loser and inept joke, which is consistent with her earlier portrayal in BW013, BW024 and BW025. I'm so glad the writers are having her in an actual breakdown emotional moment, because that means that they can build her up again, little by little and that's really what I'm looking for, for her to slowly gain confidence and skill and really deliver at the League. To be honest, this has made me care about Bel again, and she's probably the character whose storyline and development I'm more interested in and whom I'm rooting for at the moment. You go girl! XD Kamiture looks like she's a hoot and a half and I love the crazy fangirls.

On BW50, I ain't mad at the choices, and to be honest, I kinda see them all getting a win here. My theory is that all the "reserves" (Kurumayu, Gamagaru, Hatoboh, Dangoro) will only get one gym battle each in the entire series and all have one win in it. I don't really see a fall guy here, though if there is one, it should be Gamagaru cause he really has no personality and doesn't hold my interest in the slightest, while Tsutarja and now-with-personality Pikachu, I'm actually rooting for these two. Satoshi wins here.

So are Team Rocket absent for the two Elesa episodes?

It's confirmed they aren't in the first one. I would assume they aren't in the gym episode as well.

It's confirmed they aren't in the first one. I would assume they aren't in the gym episode as well.

Hm, I thought TR were still planning something with the ferris wheel? Since the gang is still in Nimbasa after the Gym, I thought we'd see TR scheming their next plan.

No, they said their aspirations shine as brightly as the ferris wheel. That had nothing to do with their scheme.

Oh wow! The preview looked amazing! I'm definatley gonna enjoy the sexy Elesa, and Bianca should be interesting here. Now if Oshawott beats Darmanitan, I'll consider it one of my favs lol, especially since it has Elesa and they're doing the plot with Bianca's father.

do people forget the fact it took down Volkner's Electivire?

Oh, yes. I forgot that Pikachu was able to defeat one trainer's Electivire that had the Motor Drive ability, but was unable to defeat another trainer's Electivire with the exact same ability. So yes, it could go either way.

either way if Zebrastrika is heavily focused on during Bianca's match I wouldn't be suprised if Palpitoad makes quick work of it during Ash's battle so her other two pokemon get more focus, after all those two have been stated to fight first.

It is possible, but the writers tend to focus on the gym leader's most powerful pokemon in the games as the last pokemon for a trainer to defeat in the anime. Of course, gym leaders can decide the order of their pokemon however they well choose.

Zebstrika could be defeated by Palpitoad, but it would be ridiculous if it was defeated by Pikachu's Iron Tail or Quick Attack.

Is anyone somewhat expecting Elesa's eel to evolve after beating Bianca? That way all 3 stages of the pokemon will be shown through Elesa and the subway twins.

Is anyone somewhat expecting Elesa's eel to evolve after beating Bianca? That way all 3 stages of the pokemon will be shown through Elesa and the subway twins.

The eel was shown unevolved in the Satoshi battle as it rammed Pikachu into the wall, so no... though it might evolve in the Satoshi battle.

Oh, yes. I forgot that Pikachu was able to defeat one trainer's Electivire that had the Motor Drive ability, but was unable to defeat another trainer's Electivire with the exact same ability. So yes, it could go either way.

Zebstrika could be defeated by Palpitoad, but it would be ridiculous if it was defeated by Pikachu's Iron Tail or Quick Attack.

Pikachu won due to Static being activated, if that hadn't happened he would have lost in the same fashion as he did against Paul.

But yeah, Pikachu knocking out the Zebstrika with Iron tail or Quick attack would be meh, but happened with Volkner's so....

I'm one of the rare that still believe (hope) that Ash will loose in his first attempt against Elesa!
I see Snivy kicking the shit out of Emolga, Palpitoad could get a win but but after a withdraw ! Pikachu i don't think will get a win so Ash loses! :DDDD
Hope Snivy at least evolves, we are waiting for it a long time!

Ash does win on his first try. The summary for the Dento/Satoshi vs Ingo/Shinj-I mean Emmet indicates so.

I'm really glad to see Bianca breaking down though. It was really needed as her character has gotten pretty stale. I don't feel bad about her getting curbstomped, because this could lead to her shining in the league somewhat.

Just as long as Ash doesn't lose to her dad. I would hate that. Alot.

Wow. Watching Kami-chan shake her shoulders like that made me tingle inside. I'm psyched to see Elesa's portrayal next week.

For Ash's battle, I like to see Elesa execute the zebra's ability to seal off half of Pikachu's techniques, plus make the 4-legged electric type stronger or faster, depending on the ability. Oh wait! Don't tell me they're giving the striped Pokemon the 3rd hidden ability. Grr.

Bianca's battle can go either way. However, I don't know which battle will steal more focus. Elesa VS Bianca or Ash VS Bianca's Papa?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom