• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW068: Fukiyose Gym! VS Fuuro Decisive Aerial Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks to my like the croc's attack is just Crunch with some flashy new animation, not Thunder Fang.

And please Pikachu can you please get ko'd quickly, you already had your glory in 2 gyms.

Nevermind here's the trans by Sushi

In the battle against Unfezant, Ash switches Tranquill out for Pikachu when he sees that Tranquill's getting tired. Pikachu's super-effective moves are blocked, though.

Without revealing the outcome of Pikachu vs. Unfezant, the summary jumps to the last battle, Swanna vs. Tranquill. Swanna is referred to as Skyla's ace. The text almost spells out Tranquill's evolution.

Ash is actually switching now? *Gasp* He hasn't done that against any of the GL's so far this season.

Oh yeah, an Tranquil probably evolves. *rolls eyes*

PIKACHU MUST BE THE FALL GUY. HE MUST.

EDIT: And Swanna IS her Vintage/Main Ingredient. TOLD YA!

Last edited:
AWESOME, KROKOROK CAN USE THUNDER FANG*screeching halt*...

Dig, Bite, Stone Edge, Crunch, THUNDER FANG!?

WARNING:CONTINUITY ALERT:KROKOROK LEARNED THUNDER FANG, BUT IT SHOULD HAVE HAD IT BEFORE IT USED CRUNCH...

Does it really know Dig, then, or was it just digging? Because that would explain the sudden knowledge of a type-coverage move...

Unless it knew Thunder Fang before, and it lost Bite to Crunch, unless Bite was always Crunch, or it's Crunch is actually Bite...H-E-L-P, I need conformation on what it knows, or I'm calling Anime Move Error...

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure that Krokorok has only ever used 3 moves at a time so he could have had Thunder Fang from birth but hasn't used it yet, replacing Bite with Crunch as you yourself said. It isn't the first time its happened in Unova. Roggenrola starting out with Stone Edge and replacing it with Rock Blast after evolution. Anime Physics

The battles this series are usually pretty shitty anyway, so I don't really care who gets used any more. Just watching this for the Skyla, frankly.

That said, it would've been funny if they'd pulled a bait and switch by telling us Tranquil is being used, only to reveal Swadloon as the third pokemon and having it evolve instead. Ah well.

@Zidane: The writers granted your wish! ...But then they also decided to troll you. :/

In most cases I don't mind Pikachu getting it's face wrecked, really I don't.

I just have to wonder why the development of Ash's Pokemon(among other things) took such a massive nosedive this region. Even if you've overcrowded Ash's team, least give the Pokemon that have actual battling screen-time the evolutions...oh but wait we can't do that because they're starters.

Last edited:
The battles this series are usually pretty shitty anyway, so I don't really care who gets used any more. Just watching this for the Skyla, frankly.

That said, it would've been funny if they'd pulled a bait and switch by telling us Tranquil is being used, only to reveal Swadloon as the third pokemon and having it evolve instead. Ah well.
Seeing our misery and shock will be what puts a smile on Swadloon's face, causing him to evolve.

Expected lineup was expected, and I thought I was gonna be in for a very predictable battle where Hatoboh evolves and defeates Kenhallow, Waruvile defeats the bat and Pikachu defeats the swan, but reading the summary actually has me more interested in the battle. It makes sense that Satoshi would originally have difficulty because of Fuuro's predictions, and I'm glad they're making hatoboh battle and work before the evolution. Speaking of, it's not stellar storytelling, but I'm not actually mad at hatoboh evolving here. Again, she was never weak, she never had trouble battling and we saw she was a good flier. Is it compelling, not in the least, but I can buy the evolution.

It's also looks like each of the "reserves" (Kurumayu, Gamagaru, Kenhallow, Gantle and Waruvile) is only going to get one gym battle this saga. I could see Zuruggu being used in the last two along with Pikachu and the starters.

Hopefully this will be the last gym Pikachu rears its ugly head in.

Speaking of Hatohbo, I am very biased to this particularl Pokémon and beggars can't be choosers so I'll take the battle and evolution and be excited for them. I'd prefer more screentime outside of battling, but eh. If its done in a somewhat decent way like Dangoro's was then I'll be happy.

Tranquill's evolution is fine with me, I'd be more ok with it if Sewaddle didn't evolve agaist Burgh, infact I always predicted Burgh would be the first to get an evolution in his gym battle, I just thought it would have been Pidove into Tranquill, if that did happed I'd still be ok with the evolution here, Funnily enough I expected Sewwadlle to evolve in the venipede episode....

I don't really mind Pikachu being here, though again I'll mention Burgh and how Pikachu had no place in that gym. I kinda hoped Boldore would get to be here again but being a reserve he won't be getting another gym battle, but I realise Krokorok is good here, the battle will be esspessually special becase Ash will be giving gym debutes to two of his reserves.

Pikachu is being used for yet another gym battle against a Flying-type pokemon trainer, where it will probably get its ass kicked again despite having a type advantage. Yawn.

One of Ash's pokemon, with very little training and battling experience in its current form, will most likely evolve during the final battle of the match in order to win over its stronger opponent. Yawn.

Wake me up when the series gets to BW069, please (j/k).

PIKACHU MUST BE THE FALL GUY. HE MUST.

The summary mentions that the last battle in the match is Ash's Tranquill VS Skyla's Swanna, so unless Ash decides to call back Pikachu after he battles Unfezant, Pikachu will lose in this match somewhere.

Oy...they already had a dusty reserve evolve in the last gym battle, will they make it 3-in-a-row when they get to Icirrus??!?// I'm almost disappointed for this battle and will watch just for Skyla. ._.

Predictable lineup is predictable. But, maybe it'll at least still be a good gym battle... somehow.

Well, look on the bright side; at least Tranquill isn't evolving in a Pokeringer Competition.

Well, look on the bright side; at least Tranquill isn't evolving in a Pokeringer Competition.

True, it is great that Pokeringer evolutions aren't happening for a third time, but this will be the third time that an evolution will take place in the middle of a gym battle. Also unlike the Pokeringer competitions, which were separated by a four and a half-year difference in airing time and in different regions/series, all of these gym battles took place in the same region and aired in less of a year within one another.

So, is the gym battle really the bright side of Tranquill's evolution?

Are we sure it won't evolve in a different episode?

The TV Tokyo program summaries for the episode mention it evolving, basically. So it it'll probably evolve battling Swanna.

Pikachu VS Swanna
BW068069.png
[video=youtube;gno3eEiAjR4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gno3eEiAjR4[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom