• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW068: Fukiyose Gym! VS Fuuro Decisive Aerial Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pikachu's probably going to get defeated if it takes Tranquil's time to shine then I don't know what I'll do.

Thus the almighty Bubblebeam strikes back. Fear before the exploding water ripples that cut your flesh, and air that infects germs in those cuts. Every hit is like thousands of needles of pure agony. Kneel before it's imperfectly CGI perfectly spherical terror.

I loved the way bubble beam was used in the anime, mean by Piplup!! And the all mighty bubble beam will kick Pikachu down.
and Tranquill evolves! Who would say that! but okay, I'm getting used to poor writing in BW!
Hopes Krokorok doesn't lose!

If anything Krokorok and Swoobat will tie they aren't shown fighting anything else.

Spoiler guys, but I think hatoboh is evolving :p

The animation looks good and this looks like a really dynamic battle. Can't wait.

To think that we all believe that Krokorok gonna learn ''Thunder Fang''
Now, it seem like we all mistook Crunch's animation as ''Thunder Fang'' ! ha

Hopefully this gym battle will have decent pacing and animation in spite of the evolution that takes place near the end of the episode. Apparently Ash is going to prove that Skyla's "Air Battles" are an inaccurate gauge to decide a victory between two pokemon by having his third pokemon evolve in the middle of its fight.

What the hell is with Tranquill while she evolves?

Her body looks formless....Not solid like when Roggenrola evolved.
This is a bird evolving, not a big rock like last time so no wonder there.

And a stupid stupid stupid decision by the writers...spoiling her evolution in the first place. So that's how much of a shit they really give about Hatooboo.

Some people might disagree with me, but I'm actually totally okay with Pokes evolving during Gym battles. One, because the new evolutions in Best Wishes have been pretty fucking awesome.{Probably one of the best things about Best Wishes in my opinion.} And two, Ash has a lot more pokes in Best Wishes than he has had in previous seasons, so it's okay if a few of their evolutions are a bit squeezed in their. I mean, do you really want episodes whose only purpose for existing is to have one of Ash's pokes to evolve? Given the huge amount of 5th gen ones he has now?

Plus, Tranquil's evolution reminds me of Freiza's transformations...for some reason.

Also, Iwane, will you animate all the remaining gym battles? Please?

What the hell is with Tranquill while she evolves?

Her body looks formless....Not solid like when Roggenrola evolved.

And a stupid stupid stupid decision by the writers...spoiling her evolution in the first place. So that's how much of a shit they really give about Hatooboo.

The writers were never too fond of birds since the beginning. Most other Pokemon got better development but I rather Tranquill have a battle before evolving. It's better than him not using it. Because he can't use it in the ice gym or the dragon. Or can he?

Uhhhh...@Caseydia, Tranquill->Unfezant's a girl...

Anyway, she looks P.O'd, big time...looks ****ing awesome,

I don't think the writers are to blame, just the people who edit the clips for the next episode previews.

The summary of the episode mentioned that Tranquill will "change" her appearance. The current ending had spoiled Tranquill's evolution into Unfezant completely. There was a magazine comic that spoiled Roggenrola's evolution in the fifth gym battle episode. The preview of that episode had also featured Roggenrola's evolution sequence. The magazine scan of Ash's gym battle against Burgh showed that Sewaddle had evolved at some point before the end of the episode. Previous series have had evolutions and captures spoiled in openings and endings to the audience before they had actually happened in the episodes.

These "spoilers" have been going on in the series for years, and some of these spoilers included pokemon that got a lot more screentime than Tranquill ever did in the show prior to this episode. Nevertheless, I can understand why you are disappointed with this.

I don't mind evolutions taking place in the middle of important battles, but some of these pokemon were hardly ever seen or used by Ash prior to these episodes. All of the evolutions seem to trigger in situations where Ash's pokemon are overwhelmed by those belonging to his opponent; these events do not indicate the existence of Ash's battling or training skills. This is also the third time that an evolution coincides with a gym battle within the span of 50 episodes, and there is absolutely no guarantee that the pokemon that do evolve will receive more focus or screentime after the match. Logically speaking, the writers are not as committed to providing all members of Ash's team with a balanced amount of screentime and focus. The evolutions could have happened in different episodes, but the writers have deliberately decided to go with the "gym battle evolution" formula for a lot of Ash's pokemon so far.

@Flying Christi wanted it to be a surprise, @Ampharos King.

Still, I want her to learn Razor Wind/Sky Attack/Air Slash/Facade/Swagger/FeatherDance, or revealed to know Morning Sun/Steel Wing/Hypnosis/Lucky Chant/Wish/Uproar.

SOMETHING FRICKIN NEW, MOVE-WISE. As for Krokorok, WAAAHHHHHH...THAT WASN'T THUNDER FANG...

Pika better=FALL GUY, But I'm thinking Krokorok is the tie guy, instead(He just got it, doncha know?)

Summary: (we have the preview but whatevz...; from the official site)

BW068sum.png

Edit: So, it's: (may not be the exact same order)

* Tranquill/Unfezant (didn't get to see the face) VS Swanna (trying to dodge Air Cutter in the preview)
* Pikachu VS Unfezant
* Krokorok VS Swoobat
* Tranquill VS Unfezant
* Pikachu VS Swanna

Last edited:
At least the evolution looks epic, but....damn. I mean what happened to originality? It's like we all accepted the bad writing in Best Wishes now because really we have no other choice. But...it's...just...wrong writing! Especially coming after DP it's as if we are degressing. Pikachu being used in almost every gym reminds me of Johto and to think that more pokemon NEED to be used. I've been a fan of the mouse since I was a toddler, but come on with this shit already!

If hell freezes over and Ash happens to win the League with this presumably stacked team I suppose he'll have at the end of the saga, it's almost as if the writers are trying to say that, the ONLY way Ash can win a League, is if the saga is written unrealistically, and honestly, that's not fair to Ash, that's not fair to the show, and most importantly it's not fair to US.

Excuse me for getting off topic, but this pains my spirit, especially after a long week of midterms. I mean damn it what has this show come 2? If we get Pignite in the next gym(because it's only convenient since it has an advantage right XD), I will just furiously continue ponder on how we got to this point.

Gym battles just aint what they use to be...about 2 years ago anyway.

The preview looks epic, especially the evolution, but I just feel no substance.

Last edited:
Smash Preview
- Skyla flies through some rings with some hanglider thing on her back.
- Tranquill tries to use Quick Attack on Unfezant, but Unfezant dodges.
- Confetti falls around Skyla as she talks.
- Unfezant(Skyla's) uses Air Slash.
- Pikachu tries to run away but gets hit.
- Ash commands something.
- Electro Ball hits Unfezant.
- Pikachu Thunderbolts Swanna while Swanna uses Aqua Ring.
- Swanna uses BubbleBeam against Pikachu.
- Tranquill lies on the ground, probably hurt and she starts to evolve.

Last edited:
Words cannot describe how tired I am of that same old Thunderbolt stock-footage. In D/P they pretty much always had 3+ different stock footage variants for each attack, but in B/W it's more like... 1. The animators in this series truly has taken laziness to a new level, and it's incredibly annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom