• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW94: Seigaiha Gym Battle! Mantain VS Daikenki!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BW94: Seigaiha Gym Battle! Mantine VS Daikenki!!

I'm happy that Marlon appears finally, but it's a bit unfair that he only gets an episode, while the other Unova GLs appeared in two or more. I'm not totally ruling out he might appear again later on during some skirmish.

It would be neat if Ash, after seeing the Kotetsu/GL battle (a close one, maybe), wants to unofficially battle Marlon.

kotetsu, eh? my first thought was tiger & bunny ;p
a pokemon x t&b crossover would be pretty fab, now that i think about it...

personally i think this kid might be a rival along the lines of ritchie - have a brief, friendly rivalry with ash for a couple episodes and then never show up again. he just doesn't look interesting enough to warrant more appearances. :/ so excited to see marlon though! now that he's shown up i wonder if elesa will appear again soon with her new design... ♥

I'm happy that Marlon appears finally, but it's a bit unfair that he only gets an episode, while the other Unova GLs appeared in two or more. I'm not totally ruling out he might appear again later on during some skirmish.

It would be neat if Ash, after seeing the Kotetsu/GL battle (a close one, maybe), wants to unofficially battle Marlon.

He should only get one episode. Since Ash isn't battling him there really isn't much to show other than a filler for him. And that's not necessary.

In order to watch Kotetsu's Gym Battle at the Seigaiha Gym, Ash and his friends head to the Gym with him, but... they find Cabernet there with her newly evolved Daikenki ready to earn the last badge that'll guarantee her entry in the League!?

#denial

Lame.

Glad to see Shizui appear but damn writers... you have a recurring characters with that line, who's earned at least one badge, who's mentioned training for battles, who's in dire need of a good battle, who would actually gain a lot from participating in the League... and instead we get a lame kid with a lame design who looks like the ubercommon shonen hero archetype. I don't know this character, and at this point in the series, I don't care to know him. Show me Cabernet, show me Bel, but this is just... not enticing in the least.

Well! They ARE going with Isshu has more than 8 Gyms!

Looks like Drayden won't be totally screwed over after all! :yahoo:

Though I am a little disapointed with the new rival. I was kinda hoping it would be Hilda, Mei or Hugh. Oh well.

Last edited:

Well! They ARE going with Isshu has more than 8 Gyms!

Considering that three of the five badges that Trip showed to Ash in BW052 were from gyms not in the games, it was already established that the Unova region had more than eight gyms in the BW anime.

Well there goes my enthuisasum. if ash isnt going to battle than i cant see the point of this episode... a whole episode about COTD battling a gym leader who we just met? aye carumba. if this "battle" is to drive the point home that this new character is going to be the secret rival ash is getting then i can officaly say that i will cry....but on the bright side at least Riolu and Samurott will be in the episode and will trump all of the horrible screenplays i am predictiong. but only time will tell if i feel differently

People are thinking this guy is Ash's new rival, I'm fine with that. I just hope hes been places and done things be more pro like, give Ash an actual fight.

This seem awesome

In order to watch Kotetsu's Gym Battle at the Seigaiha Gym, Ash and his friends head to the Gym with him, but... they find Cabernet there with her newly evolved Daikenki ready to earn the last badge that'll guarantee her entry in the League!?

That would be amazing if that were the actual plot haha

I hope he's not the new rival, he looks lame as

Okay, I love Mantine and Samurott.
And we knew already Shizui and Drayden would have their turns. It's in the opening!
And Rufflet debuting on my Birthday! Yay!

Yay for Samurott

Well there goes my hope for Bianca being the one to battle Marlon for her last badge right out the window. I mean what was the point of developing her so far if they are going to waste a Gym Battle on some new character? Gym Battles have always been reserved for important characters. Bianca was practically the fourth member of the group and this would have been perfect time for them to show how much she has improved. But no... give it to the new guy... I really do not like the idea of adding another rival when they aren't doing anything to showcase Bianca's strength. Her only wins shown in the entire series were just during the Donamite. I don't get what's with the "let's treat every female character like a joke except Iris" thing the anime has going on right now.

It would have been better if the kid was Hugh at least. But who knows, I could end up really liking this new guy someday but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Satoshi always gets a new rival before/at the league. I'm not sure why this is such a surprise. They had to introduce him somehow.

I didn't say I was surprised. I knew the rival was coming because of that thread. There could have been other ways do introduce him. Also, Ash didn't really get one in Sinnoh as he only met and interacted with Tobias during the battle they had.

Overall I'm not the least bit surprised. Just greatly disappointed.

I don't get what's with the "let's treat every female character like a joke except Iris" thing the anime has going on right now.

It's nothing new. Every female character in this show who wasn't a coordinator was generally shown to suck at battling unless they're Gym leaders/Champions. All of the female rivals in the show suck at battling, just like Casey back in Johto. There was never any reason to expect Bianca to become strong or battle the last Gym leader.

This kid is likely going to be in the league because the summaries before the Junior cup aired said Ash gets a new rival, so he isn't just a random character if we'll be seeing him again.

I don't get what's with the "let's treat every female character like a joke except Iris" thing the anime has going on right now.

It's nothing new. Every female character in this show who wasn't a coordinator was generally shown to suck at battling unless they're Gym leaders/Champions. All of the female rivals in the show suck at battling, just like Casey back in Johto. There was never any reason to expect Bianca to become strong or battle the last Gym leader.

This kid is likely going to be in the league because the summaries before the Junior cup aired said Ash gets a new rival, so he isn't just a random character if we'll be seeing him again.

I think you misinterpreted what I said about them being treated as jokes. For one, I don't think they suck at battling. Them facing a stronger opponent is not the same as them going completely brain dead on the battlefield. What bothered me is the anime's focusing of the female rivals on comedic relief outlets rather than helping them to get stronger so that they wouldn't lose as much. Saying that it's just what they do is a poor excuse for them not to be treated on an equal level of the male rivals especially when they have shown strong female opponents in the Pokemon Contest field.

Georgia for instance is not at all what I would think of a person who sucks at battles. What happened in her loses was a result of dumb luck or a stronger opponent. It had nothing to do with her level of skill. As for Bianca, the only battle I can say she really didn't know what to do in was her battle with Elesa. The others she put up a good fight but the one she faced proved stronger. To say that she sucks at battling is what I would call a stretch.

That's all I will say on the matter as this is not on topic and I don't want to go any further than that.

I am aware that this guy is not a random character that won't be appearing again anyway and I know they will probably use him for the league like Morrison. I just don't like that they would use him for the Gym Battle when they had other ways of bringing him in. Like I said, Gym Battles shown on screen have a degree of importance and to me would have been nice to use a character that they had been working on for so long instead. If they hadn't have showcased Bianca's development so much then perhaps this wouldn't have affected me the way it did.

I am aware that this guy is not a random character that won't be appearing again anyway and I know they will probably use him for the league like Morrison. I just don't like that they would use him for the Gym Battle when they had other ways of bringing him in. Like I said, Gym Battles shown on screen have a degree of importance and to me would have been nice to use a character that they had been working on for so long instead. If they hadn't have showcased Bianca's development so much then perhaps this wouldn't have affected me the way it did.

My guess is since this kid owns a Samurott, the writers likely want Ash to battle each fully evolved starter at the league. (This kid/Samurott, Bianca/Embroar, Trip/Serperior).

Since it seems like Burundgly and Georgia won't be at the league as they're not collecting badges, they need to be filled by someone else. We'll see Stephen too I'm sure.

Samurott is awesome

Yay for Samurott

This seem awesome

It's great that you're excited Samurott is in the episode, and the first post is perfectly okay, but similar posts after it that say nothing more are just pointless and don't contribute anything to the discussion, so please stop making them.

More evidence that he'll be in the league is that he's getting his last gym badge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom