• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Capture the Shiny Victini Mafia! - Endgame (7/19/18)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm dying being in a mafia game and i have NO VOTE on ANYONE this is literal TORTURE

VOTE: Max1996 & Megapod

this will help ease the pain... a little

I'm here now, will read the thread to catch up, for now I will do this
Vote: Jinjo
Accidental edit, sorry

Last edited:
Accidental edit, sorry
I have to ask - what's the basis for the vote? You said you have to 'read' the thread to catch up... not 'reread', so that implies you don't know what's been going on. Is this a random vote?

Accidental edit, sorry

Why vote me when I claimed Tracker? You're just doing a random vote.

Kyriaki, make sure to not say who you're going to target. Jinjo, make sure you track them. Doctor protection on Jinjo wouldn't hurt either.

I don't know about Darth. I feel like they wouldn't forget before posting. Either that or they somehow silenced themselves by posting something, IDK. I'm still wary of it. I guess we'll just need to wait until later.

1. Darth was silenced at night and forgot to check Inbox at phase update or Inbox notification arrived late.

2. Darth was silenced during the day.

3. Darth is faking silenced.

Night 2 - Is There a Doctor in the House (of Mirrors)?
Day 2 Final Votals

1. @Blacephalon - 2 (jdthebud, TheCapsFan)
2. @Cilantro - 0
3. @Feenie - 0
4. @DarthWolf - 0
5. @jdthebud - 1 (Jinjo)
6. @Jinjo - 1 (Thanos)
7. @Elementar
8. @Pika_pika42 - 0
9. @HumanDawn - 5,000 (MegaPod, Max1996)
10. @Thanos - 0
11. @Doctor Floptopus - 0
12. @Kyriaki - 0
14. @TheCapsFan - 0

@Max1996
@Elieson

Night 2 - Is There a Doctor in the House (of Mirrors)?

The following day on the island starts off rather uneventfully. The island’s numerous “guests,” having left wherever they’d camped out for the night, would rummage through food stalls to find something reasonably edible or try to spot whoever had the shiny Victini. Their paths would often intersect, which usually resulted in mutual distrustful glances and uncomfortable silence. When Max finds a concerned-looking scientist wandering outside of an attraction known as “Doublade’s Mirror Maze,” however, he decides to walk right up and talk to the man. “Are you searching for Victini, too?” he asks, cutting right to the chase. “No one around seems to have seen it since last night.”
“I sure am,” answers the scientist. He shows Max the scanner in his hand. “I traced the shiny Victini’s genetic signature to this house of mirrors, but I still can’t seem to find it!”
“Hmm...” Max thought a moment. “Maybe my Luxray can help,” he suggests. Max sends out the Gleam Eyes Pokémon and asks him to search for Victini in the house of mirrors. Luxray steps into the building with Max and the scientist following close behind. Luxray prowls past the seemingly endless mirrored walls, eyes shining gold, until he stops and paws at one of the reflective panels. “Behind there?” his trainer asks.
“Oh, that’s a clever hiding place...” the scientist remarks. “Let me get the Victini out.” He opens up his briefcase and retrieves a screwdriver, which he then uses to loosen the screws around the mirror one by one. He and Max lift the panel off the wall together, revealing the shiny Victini in the space behind it, bound and gagged. “There you are,” the scientist says as he picks up the shiny Victini. He begins to undo the mythical creature’s restraints.
“Thanks for the help, Luxray,” Max says, returning the Pokémon. He and the scientist exit Doublade’s Mirror Maze to find several of the other people gazing at a strange anomaly in the sky: an Ultra Wormhole. Everyone in the vicinity watches as a Lunala emerges, gleaming brightly, before the portal closes. Lunala lands, exiting Full Moon phase, and a trainer gets off its back.
The scientist runs over to the Boarder Patrol officer, who apparently had passed out at the side of a Hoopa Ring Toss booth the previous night, and shakes him vigorously to get him awake. “Hey, get up! Some guy breached the force field with their Lunala!”
The officer groans, rubbing his forehead. “Ugh, what a night...wait, what? We can’t allow anyone out of here...” the officer moans groggily as he gets to his feet.
“...Ryota?” Max asks, walking up to the trainer who just dismounted Lunala.
“That’s right, Max,” Ryota replies, “and I think you already know what I’m here for!”
“Hey! Stop him!” shouts the officer. “His Lunala needs to be confiscated before the killer can use it to escape the island!”
Max sighs. “Sorry, Ryota, but we can’t let you go. Come out now, Hydreigon!” Max sends out the Brutal Pokémon to use Dark Pulse on the Lunala. Almost immediately, the other trainers in the area have their own Pokémon gang up on Ryota’s Lunala. The plumber’s Sableye launches Dark Pulses of her own, while the thug’s two Lycanroc take turns Crunching the lunar bat. When Ryota can only return his overwhelmed Moone Pokémon, the officer wrestles him to the ground with help from the plumber. The officer handcuffs Ryota and confiscates his Pokéballs before tossing the trainer into Doublade’s Mirror Maze and locking the entrance shut.

Blacephalon was lynched!
Dear Blacephalon, you are Ryota, TouyaShiro's character in Capture the Shiny Victini. Ryota is a powerful, adventurous trainer and collector of rare Pokémon. He is also a doctor and Pokémon researcher. His background is as much a mystery to himself as to anyone else, as his travels through Ultra Space have left him without the memories of his past.

Because you're a doctor, you are...well, the Town Doctor. Each Night phase, you may select a player to heal. You will save your target from one kill that Night. You are sided with the Town, and win once the Mafia and all other opposing factions are eliminated.

Ryota hears something unusual scuttling across the floor from him. He looks past a decapitated Pikachu doll and sees the back of a small Pokémon looking at its own reflection on the mirrored wall. Due to the unmistakable rag costume the Pokémon is wearing, Ryota recognizes the entity as a Mimikyu. Before Ryota can try to wriggle away or even avert his gaze, part of Mimikyu’s rag slides up in the front, and the trainer glimpses the reflection of the shadowy form underneath.

“You know, my scanner detected some other life form in there when I was looking for Victini earlier...” the scientist holding Victini mentions to Max.
“Really? Let me see,” Max responds.
The scientist activates his scanning device and looks at the display with Max. “Hmm...it’s only picking up signs of one living thing in there now. Maybe it was an error,” he says with a shrug.
“I guess so.”

———

It is now Night 2! Actions lock 24 hours from this post.

Night 1 Redux - A Due Undo
Night 1 Redux - A Due Undo

“Hey nerd,” the Lycanroc gangster barks to the scientist, “why don’t I take that Victini off yer hands?”
Holding the shiny Victini back tighter, the scientist notices the thug wearing futuristic-looking black gloves with silver and blue details. “Where did you get those??” asks the man in the lab coat.
“Found ‘em yesterday,” growls the thug as he tries to tug the shiny Victini away. “Now gimme the sheeny Victini!!” The two men struggle over the mythical Pokémon, when suddenly a flash of blue light blinds them.
The gangster blinks his eyes. Suddenly, it’s dark out, and he’s completely alone. “The hell? Where you hiding, geek?” The Lycanroc trainer looks behind a nearby booth, when suddenly he hears footsteps. He peeks out and sees a hooded person walk out of Doublade’s Mirror Maze and turn a corner. The thug tiptoes after the figure, tailing them all the way to Dhelmise’s Swinging Anchor, where the person in the cloak lets a Bisharp out of a Pokéball before they start climbing. “Hey, you!” shouts the gangster, prompting the hooded figure and their Bisharp to turn to face him. “Ya ain’t getting the Victini before me!!” He sends out Sharpedo to attack the pair with Liquidation, knocking them off the steps. Sharpedo repeats the attack, knocking Bisharp out cold. The cloaked person returns Bisharp and scrambles away in fright. The thug chuckles, returns Sharpedo, and thuds up the steps to the ride.
Lying down inside the ride, I hear what sounds like footsteps. I open my eyes and make out the silhouette of a muscular figure stepping onboard. I sit up, fumble for a Pokéball, and send out Braixen. “Who’s there??” I call out. Braixen pulls the branch out of her tail fur, setting it alight so as to illuminate the intruder.

———

The game has reset to Night 1! Everything will return to the state it was in before the start of Day 2.

Elementar is alive again!
Blacephalon is alive again!

Actions lock in 24 hours.

That was a good choice to do it now. No more serial killer, doctor is back. Excellent!

Confirmed

Alright, so, we've all seen my role, so all that's settled. My PM told me that Blacephalon did "nothing". Now I'm not sure if that means he never did anything period, or just because phases reset so it never technically "happened". Given that he got subbed out though, I'm just gonna guess that he never did anything.

I'll admit that I haven't been keeping super close tabs on the game, so I'll read up on what's happened and get back to things later.

tfw a serial killer is revealed to be in the game which can make things more problematic for you but it at least confirms you are not one to the thread and then they return to normal anyway

That was a good choice to do it now. No more serial killer, doctor is back. Excellent!

If there is no more Serial Killer, I wonder if the now Town again player should out that they were a Serial Killer? Wouldn't it be anti-Town and playing against your win condition to not share that your win condition may change to end up going against the Town? Just a thought on an interesting and unique case...

Also, a time phase reverting role should prove that there is not a Cultist in the game. If I culted somebody Night 1, and then time was reverted back to before N1 ended, my chosen player who became part of the Cult would no longer be part of the Cult, and would out me and thus have me lose no matter who I try culting.

Incredible... In just two phases I managed to prove that I am not two anti-Mafia and anti-Town roles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom