• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Capture the Shiny Victini Mafia! - Endgame (7/19/18)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I didn't see that Ky's Role PM said any action, I thought it was only the masonizer.

In that case it looks more likely Cilantro is town, but I'm not going to change my vote, I think he's scum.

Sorry for idling over the past 24 hours. I checked the thread last night but got distracted by something else.

Tracker + watcher combo can sometimes be very very dangerous to scum, when used properly. I've seen it before in other games, so I wouldn't be surprised if it made an appearance in this one. That's not what pings me though.

My ability is unlimited, and I haven't used it yet.

You're telling me you have unlimited usage of possibly the most powerful role in the game, and you haven't used it yet? Why?

[VOTE]: Cilantro Honestly this alone is worthy enough of a vote from me.

99d215d4c2ce457a59ea2b0628c11c9c.gif
I must claim here that I was the one who used the Phase Resetter. I received it on N1 and chose to use it now.

So, it's back to N1 but we need to be careful as the Mafia has information about 2 players plus whatever information they might have received through their roles.

The plan of Kyriaki masonizing someone and Jinjo tracking them sounds good.
This is a good play. On its own it wouldn't confirm pika as town (getting rid of the SK is pro-Mafia and HD too), but I'm still inclined to think pika is town because of claim and general actions.
Reset to D1? Never seen that before, and probably bc it's such a power move. Fantastic job Pika.

Not sure what I can say here that hasn't already been said. I think it's worth mentioning that Elementar is a worthy candidate for protection, to ensure that the SK doesn't return.
??? Why? SK is as bad for scum as town plus Elementar would be a waste of a kill anyway, this doesn't read comfortably.
There's also the chance that he exploded because he was targeting an anti-town player. Jinjo was supposed to be tracking him last night, so when we know who he targeted, we can try to figure out if he really was the NK, or if he self-destructed on an anti-town player.
If he targeted a player like me or Elementar, then we know that he was killed by the NK, and that trying to dig any deeper into who he targeted would be useless.
If he targeted a player whose alignment we don't really know, like Thanos, then we have 2 possibilities
  1. He was still killed by the NK
  2. He self-destructed as a result of targeting an anti-town player.
So, if he targeted an unknown player, then the player he targeted is a good subject for questioning.
this brings up an interesting topic and, seeing as the Doctor is already out, a good discussion point. I like.
Translation & Interpretation: I have been silenced. Darthwolf is likely not lying.
Human you are very helpful thank you.
Also GDI
Also Also this means Darth is likely town.
So... this is something interesting ... I checked Pika last night and he came up as suspicious, so that obviously means he isn't Town (A suspicious result means he either mafia or anti-town), but yet he claims to have reversed the phases. I think he's lying (although it is true that he hasn't been counterclaimed yet although there is a silencer)
Vote: Pika_Pika42
You nearly got away with it Pika.
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Must've missed his claim, I know it wasn't his own power (I didn't even say it was his own role so don't put words in my mouth), but someone has to send in the action to reset the phase, so someone else could argue that they reset the phase... That's what I meant.
Jinjo was a random vote as most other people guessed.
look, I've been inactive too, but that's no excuse for not reading the thread before posting. If it's internet, just screenshot everything and read at leisure! It's what I do.
Also, don't random vote after mid D1 without good reason, thanks.
Thanos doesn't read as scum, though, just thoughtless.
Unvote: Thanos

Cop or Jester, a lynch probably isn't the best idea.
On that note, Cop CCs?
I'm not sure what to make of this. CCing cop at this stage is bad, but also useful to lynch a maf.
I was asleep and I'm really sorry you all had to wait for me like that. Looking at Kyriaki's role pm, it says she dies when she targets an anti-town. My result said she visited Cilantro and it looks like he is Mafia.

Vote: Cilantro
Noted.
*Cracks knuckles*
WITHOUT

MAFIA OUT OF DOCTOR FLOPTOPUS, THECAPSFAN, CILANTRO, FEENIE, DARTHWOLF, JDTHEBUD

CLAIM OF INVENTOR AND CONVERT SK NARROW TO FOUR

THREE OUT OF FOUR CHANCE

So, basically what Elementar's saying here is that claims from the inventor/gift giver will narrow things down to only 4 players as potential mafia, and given the size of the game, three of those four will probably be scum.

Vote: @Cilantro
Got some explaining to do pal.
I wouldn't say so as not all players are confirmed as their roles, but I do think we can rule out DW due to the silence.

.......is there even anything I can say?

So, we have 6 undetermined players as of now, inventor, watcher, and convert sk being the 2 town roles out of them. I'm the watcher, and while I know it certainly doesn't help that I don't have any results to back up this claim, I planned on using it on Kyriaki last night, but I fell asleep. That sounds like a pathetic excuse, i know, but I'm being as honest as I can. What I suggest, however, is looking into the other listed member for potential suspects. Darthwolf should probably be eliminated, due to him being previously silenced, which leaves us with JD, Feenie, Caps, and Floptopus. Floptopus has been relatively inactive, and I'm not picking up on anything notably suspicious from the other three, so Vote: Doctor Floptopus

I can already feel the backlash but I'm trying my best
*gasp*
Oh my god, u suck. ;)
On a more serious note, I don't like this. Watcher and tracker is OP. And you haven't used it.At all. In two nights. Also, why kyriaki?
Honestly about the only thing I don't object to here is the vote, which is fair.
My ability is unlimited, and I haven't used it yet.
yeah, but wHY NOT WHEN YOU CLAIM TO HAVE THE MOST POWERFUL ROLE IN THE GAME????
VOTE: Doctor Floptopus

for "pressure"

View: https://youtu.be/J8Cq6rVAWt8

Oh I didn't see that Ky's Role PM said any action, I thought it was only the masonizer.

In that case it looks more likely Cilantro is town, but I'm not going to change my vote, I think he's scum.
???? This post is badly worded, I think.

The point about about cilantro not being town and killing kyriaki through her role is fair, especially since I would have thought jinjo (who was protected) would be a more likely kill target than kyriaki anyway. Add that to the dodgy claim and you have a dodgy player.

Last edited:
Yay! My pressure worked, it got Doctor Floptopus to talk! : D

99d215d4c2ce457a59ea2b0628c11c9c.gif

If people want to see the image, just press reply on the post and you can see it in the box where you can type stuff in.

This is a good play. On its own it wouldn't confirm pika as town (getting rid of the SK is pro-Mafia and HD too), but I'm still inclined to think pika is town because of claim and general actions.

What do you mean? The phase resetter had no affect on me and I don't think anything got rid of me?.

If people want to see the image, just press reply on the post and you can see it in the box where you can type stuff in.

What do you mean? The phase resetter had no affect on me and I don't think anything got rid of me?.
I meant that getting rid of the SK favours you too, since you are by definition in conflict with one another.

Also @Hosts, I hate to suck but if I haven't told you otherwise by the end of next Monday (23rd) I'm going to have to be subbed out. A job opportunity for next week came up and I have no idea if I'm going to have wifi where I'm working or staying but it seems unlikely. I'm sorry. (I can play until then, though!)

Surprisingly calm thread for being busy the whole weekend. I'll also explain my silence under the quote below.

Can I just say that I'm honestly amazed that the hosts allowed this? To me this would be considered loophole abuse. To be perfectly honest I get the feeling that Darth was just faking this, because like I said, that looks like some loophole abuse right there.
inb4 resilenced So, Darth, can you explain just what happened there, and why you were allowed to post normally earlier?
So what happened, which Elementar can confirm once he's normal, at the end of the night the hosts told me I was silenced till the end of the following night. So both D2 (old) and N2. I checked up on messages on the forum in the morning and had no time yet to properly read the game. I took the time for this during my lunch break, and since that was a few hours later I forgot about it. At some point the hosts asked me wtf I was doing and reminded me of my silence. Since it was around the 12h vote mark, the silence extended by 12h into D3.
When HD(?), suggested it, I was pretty certain that was also not allowed, I asked and they accepted, the rule was only votes, legit votes (I tried to use Vote:[text here]). Also on that note:
vote: kYriaki
vote: hUmandawn
vote: CiLAntro vote: feenIe vote: eleMentar
vote: darthWolf vote: cIlanTro vote: Humandawn vOte: hUmandawn vote: cilanTro
vote: cilantRo vote: elemEntAr vote: Darthwolf

vote: @Lone_Garurumon
vote: THANOS
vote: cilaNtrO vote: cilanTro
vote: huMAndawn vote: FeenIe vote: dArthwolf
vote: Jinjo votE: thanoS voTE: elementaR
vote: ciLantro vote: kYriaki vote: feeNie vote: blaCepHalon
vote: cilaNtrO vote: cilanTro
vote: jdtHEbud vote: bLacePhalon vote: Feenie vote: hUmandawn vote: ciLantro

vote: huMAndawn vote: Kyriaki vote: elemEntar
vote: thaNOs
vote: thanoS vote: elemENtar vote: thanoS vote: elemEntar

unvote
Quoting wasnt allowed either, I now this might hinder Elementar but I just want to keep the game fair here, please confirm with hosts on this Elementar.

When you say you "received" it, you mean you got it from an outside source?

I don't know whether some player gave it to me or it's part of some mechanism but I can confirm I received it at the end of N1 and it's not a part or related to my role.

That was an incredibly powerful item... I wouldn't be surprised if a given item could kill the chosen player to try to balance it.
At first I was considering it was something from pika himself that only unlocked at a certain point for balance. Since pika doesnt claim so it seems most likely a gift/item. Silence might be the counterbalance to it though, or just a coincidence and it's a mafia power.

So... this is something interesting ... I checked Pika last night and he came up as suspicious, so that obviously means he isn't Town (A suspicious result means he either mafia or anti-town), but yet he claims to have reversed the phases. I think he's lying (although it is true that he hasn't been counterclaimed yet although there is a silencer)
Vote: Pika_Pika42
You nearly got away with it Pika.

It wasn't a stupid move if I got a scum read, missing D1 and your claim was stupid, I guess. I didn't check anyone the original N1.
Scum trying to get rid of pika...? Nah, not like this at least. Given Pika's info and risk of this claim, it's unlikely an intentional scum play. Bad play here, no matter the alignment.

I probably should just say who I protected, to make things clearer. I protected Jinjo last night. So the two possibilities are
  1. They tried to shoot Jinjo (since she'd be the one with the information on who Kyriaki targeted) and failed
  2. They flat out shot Kyriaki
Either could be true, but Cilantro's response would help clear things up.
Given what we shared of the plan, protecting Jinjo was the predictable, but still better, option. Mafia would go for Kyriaki to cause both this confusion and prevent use of power in either a mason or scum confirm. Still, the odds of misfiring here are low and this gives a good secundary support to the vote.

Oh how often I've claimed tracker/watcher as mafia when the opposite was in the game. It's a good and common role, not the most likely to have both unless very intentional of the host but still possible to believe it. Knowing my own meta (is there a word for this that I forgot about?) it's a scum claim.

Darthwolf should probably be eliminated, due to him being previously silenced
Why, sure silence can be from both parties, but Elementar has been targeted and is confirmed town. Honestly this would be a great play to silence an ally first, which does make my own delay a bit more unbelievable.

If Pika_Pika42 and myself vote for Cilantro, then every player who is not Cilantro would be voting for Cilantro.

UNVOTE
vote: @Doctor Floptopus
vote: Cilantro vote: humandaWn vote: dArthwolf vote: Cilantro
vote: elementaR votE: Pika_pika42 votE: Thanos vote: feenIe voTe: feenIe Vote: feeniE

UNVOTE
VOTE: Cilantro

Translation:

DOCTOR FLOPTOPUS

CWAC

REPETITIVE

----

Elementar is now a Dalek??

Wow, so many votes for Cilantro, don't see that very much...if he's scum, who's bussing?

Night 2 Redux - Watch Your Back, Max
Day 2 Redux Final Votals

1. @Lone_Garurumon
2. @Cilantro - 9 (Jinjo, Lone_Garurumon, Elementar, jdthebud, Feenie, Thanos, TheCapsFan, Doctor Floptopus, DarthWolf, and a Pidgey in an Aspear tree)
3. @Feenie - 0
4. @DarthWolf - 0
5. @jdthebud - 0
6. @Jinjo - 0
7. @Elementar - 0
8. @Pika_pika42 - 0
9. @HumanDawn - 0
10. @Thanos - 0
11. @Doctor Floptopus - 2 (Cilantro, HumanDawn)
14. @TheCapsFan - 0

@Max1996
@Elieson

Night 2 Redux - Watch Your Back, Max

In the morning, I wake up to see another trainer prying the shiny Victini out of Wolfrick’s arms as the man with Lycanroc tattoos continues snoring in his seat. “Hey!” I shout, standing up to confront this trainer.
“Oh, you wanted this?” he chuckles, turning his head to see me. “Sorry, but I didn’t have my Pidgeot circle around this island looking for nothing. If you want this shiny Victini, you’ll have to take it back from me — Ryota!” With that, the trainer sends out his aforementioned Pidgeot and begins to fly off.
Before I can try to pursue the trainer, a sudden realization hits me. Oh no...where’s Blake? I run down the steps out of Dhelmise’s Swinging Anchor and look around, trying to figure out which way to go.
Wolfrick stirs awake and follows me out of the ride. “Hold on a minute, where’re you goin’?” he calls after me. “Are you takin’ the Victini??”
“No, someone else has that covered,” I respond, a hint of worry in my voice. “Where’s that mirror maze you told Blake about? I’m a little concerned that he never came back to us.”
“Oh, yeah, uh, that way,” the gangster tells me. “I’ll take ya!”
We run over to the attraction, only to find the entrance marked off with police tape. The Boarder Patrol officer stands next to the entrance, talking to a man in a suit holding a notebook. “What happened here??” I ask frantically.
“Another trainer was murdered,” the officer tells me bluntly.
“A trainer named Blake Pearlworth,” adds the man with the notebook. My heart sinks upon hearing this news. “I’ve been following him because I wanted to know more about this so-called average trainer and his Deoxys, but I knew something was wrong when he walked into this mirror maze and a group of suspicious hooded people walked out instead. I checked inside the attraction and found him dead. I got Officer ME here to the scene as soon as I could.”
“Do you two happen to know why he would’ve gone in there?” the officer asks me and Wolfrick.
“I told that guy that the hooded creep might’ve been there,” Wolfrick answers. “Dude ran off and went to check it out on his own!”
“Hmph. You have a criminal record a mile long,” Officer ME remarks. “I wouldn’t put it past you to have set Blake up.”
“I didn’t do no such thing!” Wolfrick shouts in protest.
“You’ll fine out who’s responsible for doing this to my friend...right, Officer?” I ask.
“I won’t rest until I get to the bottom of this, believe ME,” the officer says. “In the meantime, you should all be careful. In fact, it would be ideal if everyone stopped chasing each other over the shiny Victini and just turned it over to ME,” he adds before starting to walk away.
“Yeah, right...” scoffs Wolfrick.
“Where are you going now?” the man with the notebook asks Officer ME.
“I’m going to lie down until my headache goes away,” Officer ME answers.

Ryota continues flying above the amusement park on Pidgeot until an Ice Beam strikes Pidgeot out of nowhere, causing them to plummet. Max’s Greninja then speedily swipes the shiny Victini as Ryota and his frozen Pidgeot go skidding across the miniature golf course, barely avoiding hitting themselves on a Klang obstacle guarding one of the holes. “Hello, Ryota,” Max says as Greninja returns to his side with Victini. “I don’t recall seeing you enter this island before that force field went up.”
“How observant of you,” Ryota replies, picking himself up off of the artificial grass.
“You know, someone in here is running loose killing other shiny Victini hunters,” Max informs the rival trainer. “I advise you stay only if you can help us to do something about it.”
Suddenly, Max’s ninja frog is bowled over by a Golisopod, who scoops up the shiny Victini after knocking out the Greninja with First Impression. “Gotcha now!” I shout to Max as Golisopod bounds over to me and hands me Victini. Max gives chase to us out of the mini golf area as Ryota stays and tends to his Pidgeot.
I run away with Golisopod towards a bumper car ride, then send out Vikavolt and direct it towards the control panel that the ride operator would man. Vikavolt clasps onto the panel with its mandibles and gives it a strong electrical jolt, causing the ride to power up with a noisy hum. I leap into the Wimpod bumper car and strap myself in as my giant samurai arthropod comically squeezes in behind me. Max stops and shakes his head when he sees what I’m doing. “You know you’re not actually getting anywhere in that thing, right?” he says to me. “Up to your usual ridiculous antics, I see...”
“It helps me cope,” I explain. “Now are you gonna bump for Victini or not?”
Max responds by hopping inside a bumper car designed after Togedemaru and buckling up. I drive my goofy Wimpod car out into the rectangular arena, and Max scoots after us in the Togedemaru car, attempting to ram us. As we collide harmlessly and the pursuit continues, this activity attracts the attention of some of the other people, who decide to join in. The scientist climbs into a Goomy car, the plumber jumps into one modeled after a Kabuto, and a young girl boards a Sandygast bumper car. Everyone seems to enjoy the ride as the five of us drive around and crash into each other, sending the shiny Victini flying between the cars. After a while of this, Victini ends up back in Max’s hands.
Suddenly, Max’s safety belt inexplicably pulls itself apart, and his Togedemaru car jerks out of his control, crashing into the plumber’s Kabuto bumper car. The shiny Victini is flung into the dizzied plumber’s face, while Max himself his launched out onto the slick floor of the ride. Before anyone can get out and assist Max, the Togedemaru bumper car knocks him into the wall, spinning wildly in a seemingly random pattern and shaking large chunks of its own rubber bumper loose. “What the fuck...” the plumber utters. The Togedemaru car then stops gyrating and faces Max, crackling with blue electric sparks. The painted-on Togedemaru face smiles cutely at Max as the malfunctioning car begins repeatedly ramming him against the wall, crunching his head and body in agonizing positions.
“Vikavolt, stop the ride!!” I yell, prompting my beetle to thrust its jaws into the control panel and disembowel it. However, the ride’s wiring is pulled out a little too late, as the bumper car leaves a completely limp Max sprawled in front of it as it loses power and stops.
“Welp, ride’s over, folks,” the plumber tersely remarks as everyone exits their vehicle.
The scientist approaches Max and checks for a pulse. “He’s dead,” he announces to the crowd dolefully.

Cilantro was lynched!
Dear Cilantro, you are Max, Max1996's main character in Capture the Shiny Victini. Max is an experienced trainer from Kalos, and one of MegaPod's earliest and most formidable rivals in the game. He travels with his team of signature Pokémon including his trusty Greninja and Hydreigon while pursuing the shiny Victini. Max cares deeply for each of his Pokémon, and is concerned with the wellbeing of the shiny Victini as well. Tactics he uses for apprehending the shiny Victini include watching his rivals' moves in order to ambush them.

Because you keep a close eye on the other shiny Victini hunters, you are the Town Watcher. Each Night, you may select a player to watch. You will learn of everyone else who visits your target that Night. You are sided with the Town, and win once the Mafia and all other opposing factions are eliminated.

As the plumber nonchalantly steps out of sight with the shiny Victini, he discreetly clicks open an empty Pokéball. Trailing behind it a blue streak of electricity, a Rotom travels away from the bumper car ride and into the Pokéball. “Good job,” the plumber whispers to the encapsulated Plasma Pokémon.

— — —

It is now Night 2 (again)! Actions lock in 24 hours, or when I have all final submissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom