• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Capture the Shiny Victini Mafia! - Endgame (7/19/18)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you mean lynched or NK'd?
I don't think scum would go after a fake Miller claim, and a real miller claim wouldn't interest them much.

That said, if you took my sentence to mean "in general", yeah both. I mean, cop claiming Day 1... well at any time if you don't have any results to share... is just asking for the mafia to take you out.
Well, this reads like something an ITP would post (if not scum, but I'm not seeing that at the moment) - more specifically a jester - upon second inspection. If you were town, wouldn't you be suggesting a person of interest rather than just saying 'everyone else, go find someone more suspicious than me'? You're under scrutiny, so it's really up to you to point the finger elsewhere. That isn't active scum-hunting you're promoting.

The only target I have at the moment is HD. I've already made that clear.

I think Elementar, despite my clash with him, is town. He seems to be approaching this from a confused town just trying to understand position.
PP42 opened the game with a miller claim, which you know I don't trust, but otherwise seems townie enough. It's only his claim I don't trust.
thecapsfan and jd are just making no sense
And that's all I have impression wise. It's not a lot to go on (And this is why I still hate day 1 lynches. There is nothing to work on)

VOTE: No Lynch

There's no real point to lynching on day 1, especially since we don't have anything to go off of.

While writing this, I notice some questions I'm asking are asked by others later on. If I'm asking you the question, please either recap or quote your original answer to prove you actually did answer it, so no pretending that you have answered something you haven't. Thank you. Now to the quotes and comments.

Why have none of you voted yet? It's not that hard Vote: Darthwolf.
Why did you choose to vote me for this? There wasn't anything worthy to vote on at a that point imo. I wasn't the only one either.

Doing nothing while a game is on-going is not my thing, so I'll post, but I won't try to be too helpful because I don't want to get Nightkilled. I won't post reads lists. Being dishonest and doing anti-Town things will risk me getting me lynched if they get noticed.
Help a bit but not really helping...
I doubt mafia would waste their shot on an indep and not being fully cooperative is not town behaviour and therefore not in our favour. It only increases likelyhood of a lynch on you. And dont give me the "not having claimed would have made it harder for me" stuff, I'm well aware of that, but not fuly cooperating also makes it harder and that would be a waste now, wouldn't it.

Reasons why, please.
It was the(ir) first post which can be a risky maneuver if there is another real miller. Don't you trust the claim?

I try to, but you're too loud. Let me sleep.
Was this post really necessary?

Claiming miller right off the bat is always a towny move but in a role madness, bastard game like this - are you just a miller or are you withholding some other type of ability? I mean, it's okay if you are - I'm not asking you to claim the other ability - but if you're contending you're just a miller that seems really unlikely. Impossible even.

Willing to go with this for now, however, if we start to see two kills without reasonable explanation then you're on the chopping block buddy.

@jdthebud Why ask the cop to waste a shot like that on an independent? If you thought Human was scum and hatching some elaborate scheme and attempting to disguise himself as an independent to coast along, you think you'd put a vote.

VOTE: jdthebud.
HD has gone on enough about this in details on how you shouldn't have said that, which I agree was a bad move. Also, where do you get that this game is bastard and role madness? My role is really generic and standard for a mafia game.

Hold on, you call out pika on a miller claim which doesnt seem to fit in a game like this, but the survivor is totally fine?
Vote: Feenie

@DarthWolf You only discussed Human's ITP claim briefly, so I was wondering what - if anything (there's not too much really) - else you have to add thus far?
Working on it right now :p I'm curious why you specifically mention me though.

Like I said before, Human is a smart player and he played in one of those two games, he knows the repercussions of claiming survivor. Leave him alone for now and if we have nights with multiple kills, we'll lynch him then.
So you're saying that if HD is SK that he will be busted if he kills tonight, so he wont try to get a second kill. What's the point of this. You only help him how to stay hidden, although it's a pretty obvious one imo.

Your actions so far appear to me like you're not trying to catch scum. You've already CWAC'd with the Elementar thing that Pikapika brought up. The rest of your content is just focusing on HD and Pikapika, two people that don't need to be focused on. You say that you won't believe Pikapika without proof, yet the correct way to deal with his claim is innocent until proven guilty by a counterclaim or otherwise. I just don't like what I see so far.
Although agreeing on the first part to an extend that it kinda feels too obvious on Eevee's part, the latter part is a matter of player approach. Some people prefer to go guilty until proven otherwise.

Evidently this is the big misunderstanding with my entire point of questioning. I believe the claim - with the existence of another ability in addition to the miller aspect. That was the entire point of my question. I think it's safe to assume that there's not just a plain miller in this game, just as it would be safe to assume there's no plain vanilla in this game. After all, look at what it says in the game's setup;
What kind of answer were you expecting?
Oh there is the description, didn't check that spoiler correctly.

My asking that did nothing dangerous to Pika_pika because all he had to do was answer 'yes' or 'no'. We all know the game's setup. But - if he had said 'no', then that would qualify as some sort of slip. However it's too late now so honestly discussing it is incredibly pointless.
Oh you wanted to catch a potential slip. I see your logic now
Unvote: Feenie

Two claims already?

Vote: PikaPika42

50% chance of Mafia claiming as Miller
That's all you do? You're also a 50% chance of saying this as scum.... This argument is flawed.
Vote: Kyriaki

Again, stop doing that, this adds nothing to the game.
You really do seem to give minimal care and don't really act towny.
Unvote: Kyriaki
Vote: AussieEevee

Changing vote because Eevee has been more active with similar consistent behaviour and I can give Kyriaki the chance to talk more and explain his vote.

Neither of them had good reasons. Neither of them were under pressure, and their roles - if they are telling the truth - do not contribute to finding scum.

It's Day 1. It should be used to get a feel for people, not making claims. I view all day 1 claims as suspicious.
Maybe their roles don't, but what about something like a commuter, its literally just self protection and do not contribute to hunting, should we kill that too and any other role that doesnt help? Besides, every town player has a vote that certainly does contribute.

So if they would claim D2 it would suddenly be fine? I don't see how D1 has to be different than any other days.
I don't. Been burned too many times by trusting people.
So how do you plan to figure out the game then?
I think HD is still our best bet for a D1 lynch. If PP42 is telling the truth, we'll find out tonight, but anyone else we lynch we have a good chance of lynching town... Regardless of if HD is survivor, serial killer or cultist, town loses nothing but lynching him.
How do we figure Pika out tonight?
Town loses the potential of lynching scum.

Honestly, at this point I wouldn't be surprised if Eevee was a jester.

I wouldn't claim D1. I answered this in the after game of the last game where Elieson took over for me and claimed Miller. I don't trust day 1 claims, so I wouldn't make them. Except in my really bad screw up as Jester
That still doesnt answer his question of what you WOULD do, not what you wouldn't.
Because we have ways to figuring out if PP42 is telling the truth. Only the mafia have a way of telling if HD is a hostile ITP or a neutral one.
How exactly? For both parts.

Just say I claimed mayor right now, would that give you any information about me? No, absolutely not. It'd be a pointless claim, and you'd have every reason to suspect me for making the claim.
That will give information, on the contrary. What you claimed/ when you claimed/ how you claimed/ why you claimed, these are all factors that could get a read on you.

Go back and look at all those games... the ones I've been in... 90% of them had me react this way to a D1 miller claim. It is virtually guaranteed that I will object to a D1 claim.
That is indeed true.

There are other town roles that can help us determine that. None of them are as accurate as a cop or rolecop check, true... but there are other roles that can help.
Ok let me just say it straight now, if there are others, which you appear to be certain about, then just claim your special role that can solve it. I believe at this point it's in your best interest (assuming you still have most votes by the point of posting this).

Are you saying losing town can be a good thing?

We lose nothing if we lynch HD, and might even gain some insight.
Early on, yes it can, sometimes people are being voted D1 since their flip can give a lot of info and alignment indications on other players.
Again, we lose out on the chance of a scum lynch and I believe HD wont give enough insight at this point, givent that is is probably an indep, no matter the role. Town and mafia dont know if he's dangerous so they react in a similar manner.

Of course I'm trying to avoid a mislynch.... I don't want town to lose a townie.
So why don't you vote Pika then...

However, I think it's likely there is a serial killer in this game, so I'm not trusting HD just yet.
What makes you think that?

If I claimed Miller on day 1, I'd expect you to lynch me immediately. There would be no reason not to.
Still doesnt answer the question of what you would do.

I'm not throwing shade at PP42. All I'm saying is that they made a very suspicious move by claiming D1.
I'm not throwing shade but it is suspicious... What?

You'll teach me some Math maybe.
What do you think of the vote itself though?

Voting HD now will not help us in any way. It's not proven that they are hostile. Lynching them won't give us any extra information. They are helping us in scum hunting at least to some extent. Also, as others said, we can lynch them later if and when we get any evidence they are going against Town.
I agree, but according to your logic we can't lynch anyone since it's not proven that anyone is hostile.

The stated setup (role madness, bastard) combined with my role makes me think there is one, though it's mostly a gut feeling than anything super concrete. Anyway I'm not focused on that right now, finding mafia comes first since SKs usually have a difficult wincon.
Interesting, do you think HD could be the SK? How confident are you based on your role info?

Because the chances of a tracker being in the game are probably at least 60% or more. If PP42 is caught visiting another player, chances are high they're not miller.
A common role indeed, watcher is also a common alternative. You know being miller doesnt mean just miller. As Feenie noticed, there is probably more to it, but that doesn't matter right now.

Unvote: Humandawn
Why do you unvote without a new one? No good candidate? What suddenly stopped you from voting HD?

I checked the player list and noticed that Jinjo has not posted at all. Considering how chatty she usually is I am concerned she hasn't posted with half the Day Phase over. Maybe she finally hit a Mafia role and doesn't know how to blend in yet? I kinda doubt she's some information role because when she was one before, she still posted.
Could also be inactivity, anyway, don't you have a more relevant useful vote to place?

[UNVOTE]: AussieEevee

Eevee really seems like someone who wants to be lynched. I don't want to give him what he wants. As for right now I'm just going to ignore him, I suggest the rest of you do the same.
Wait why? if you really wanna continue on the jester, what does it matter if he dies and wins, why not help out harmless indeps. He isn't confirmed so I dont see wh you suddenly abstain from him.

UNVOTE: jdthebud
VOTE: @Jinjo

As Human pointed out, it is awfully unusual for Jinjo not to come in and offer anything to the discussion. Consider this a pressure vote. I'm interested in what she's got to say - the vote is liable to stay or not. As far as Eevee goes, to be honest, he's playing a lot like his normal town self, but he's also acting off in a minor way that makes him seem like a jester, so... the question becomes - is it possible for two ITPs in this game? I'm asking this because I don't have a clue.

Did you mean lynched or NK'd?
Same question for you as well then, do you really think it's worth it to go after inactives now? Don't you have a more useful vote?

(And this is why I still hate day 1 lynches. There is nothing to work on)
If you dont find anything to work on then a general tip is to find someone who can give a lot of info to the game through a flip.

There's no real point to lynching on day 1, especially since we don't have anything to go off of.
On the contrary, this prevents us from killing a potential threat, dont rely completely on night actions. There has been enough talk so I think there is enough to go on. At least share some thoughts on what happened so far.

Why did you choose to vote me for this? There wasn't anything worthy to vote on at a that point imo. I wasn't the only one either.

Help a bit but not really helping...
I doubt mafia would waste their shot on an indep and not being fully cooperative is not town behaviour and therefore not in our favour. It only increases likelyhood of a lynch on you. And dont give me the "not having claimed would have made it harder for me" stuff, I'm well aware of that, but not fuly cooperating also makes it harder and that would be a waste now, wouldn't it.

Could also be inactivity, anyway, don't you have a more relevant useful vote to place?

I voted you the way I did to try to see how you'd react to a sudden, casually placed vote on you. It was to try to sting you and see how you react.

If I am too helpful I might come across as actually being enough of a threat to them to warrant killing. I actually have a vague memory of this which I may be completely wrong about or misremembering, but I think I might have claimed Independent Survivor and was Nightkilled anyway. I'm not sure if it happened, it was years ago, but I wouldn't like for the same thing to happen again. I don't even remember why it happened, if it even happened. There's also the possibility the Mafia might think I am actually Town somehow lying about my Independent claim to live.

I don't think I could vote for anyone with the intent of lynching them right now. I want to see what Jinjo has to say.

Was this post really necessary?
It was part of a much larger post, so you're really just CWAC yourself here.

Again, stop doing that, this adds nothing to the game.
You really do seem to give minimal care and don't really act towny.
I don't care if people vote me. There is nothing I can do about it, so why get worked up over it? All that does is cause stress and resentment.

I'm no fan of day 1 mislynches, but as far as I remember this is your first post in the phase, isn't it? Do you have any other thoughts?

I think this has actually been a really good day phase, so I'd try to go for someone to get even more info..

I don't care if people vote me. There is nothing I can do about it, so why get worked up over it? All that does is cause stress and resentment.

You can defend yourself and get them to vote others? Provide another case?

I would rather go for AE. Even if they are jester, we're getting rid of something that would be confusing everyone and making it harder in the long run. I still think they're mafia, but in this case, I think the possibility of jester still warrants a lynch.

That's all you do? You're also a 50% chance of saying this as scum.... This argument is flawed.
Miller claims are hard to trust.
And "but they run the risk of getting counterclaimed by claiming day 1 if they were mafia" doesn't really appeal much to me. Everything is a gamble in mafia.

Why should I ignore AE? I think he's scum, not a Jester.

His erratic play mimics that of a jester; he doesn't seem to playing with a town mindset (i.e. scumhunting), but scum wouldn't draw this much attention to themselves D1.

And no, saying that a claimed ITP is your only target is not scumhunting. That's essentially CWAC-ing.

@AussieEevee Thank you for a decent post. Why do you think I make no sense?

[VOTE]: Blacephalon

I have stated my position on No Lynch votes in the past, but since I haven't played in a while, I'll do it again to refresh y'alls memory.

No Lynches should never be used D1. I believe that no matter what role you are, your vote is the most powerful asset you have. Throwing it away, especially on D1, is not contributing to the game, wasting time, laying low, whatever you want to call it.

At least Flop provided some general, albeit minimal, thoughts on other players. This post reads to me like a scum player who missed 85% of D1 and was too lazy to go read through the thread to either find a case or add their vote to a case that already existed, so they just threw their vote away.

So you're saying that if HD is SK that he will be busted if he kills tonight, so he wont try to get a second kill. What's the point of this. You only help him how to stay hidden, although it's a pretty obvious one imo.

What I was saying was just "let's give HD the benefit of the doubt and leave him alone, thus there is one less person that could be mislynched D1."
Some people prefer to go guilty until proven otherwise.

Fair enough.
Honestly, at this point I wouldn't be surprised if Eevee was a jester.

So why vote him still then?
Wait why? if you really wanna continue on the jester, what does it matter if he dies and wins, why not help out harmless indeps. He isn't confirmed so I dont see wh you suddenly abstain from him.

Because I want to lynch scum and I don't think he's scum.

Miller claims are hard to trust.
And "but they run the risk of getting counterclaimed by claiming day 1 if they were mafia" doesn't really appeal much to me. Everything is a gamble in mafia.

See I have a problem with this kind of logic and it extends into why I had such an issue with AE earlier in the phase.

Sure Miller claims are hard to trust but claims are also situational too. Like Darth said, it's not just what you claimed but when you claimed, how you claimed, and why you claimed as well. I think we can trust Pikapika.

When: He claimed literally the first post of the game, as opposed to claiming when under scrutiny or later in the game when a miller claim might be more suspicious.
How: He did it short and sweet in his intro post, which in my mind was a good way to do it since it gave new information to work with right off the bat.
Why: If I remember correctly he said that he claimed for 2 reasons: to avoid being lynched as a result of a cop check later in the game and to generate discussion about the game, with which he achieved his goal. His claim removed the generally pointless RVS stage and got straight to discussion that will lead to a better assessment of interactions later in the game, which will help us catch scum.

DarthWolf said:
Working on it right now :p I'm curious why you specifically mention me though.
At the time I actually did have a reason for specifically mentioning you, but it's been a bit and I can't say for certainty why - I believe it was more or less the fact that you had posted at least twice and only discussed the independent claim by Human. It just caught my eye.

Same question for you as well then, do you really think it's worth it to go after inactives now? Don't you have a more useful vote?
I wouldn't be adding the vote to Jinjo if I did, but, I felt as though a pressure vote on Jinjo was something worth pursuing. However, this is written in the past tense due to what I'm about to do.

UNVOTE: Jinjo.
VOTE: Kyriaki.

@Kyriaki Do you have nothing else to discuss other than Pika_pika's miller claim? For me, your entire argument is rather troubling and I see little basis in your logic.

Also, regarding Blacephalon, if they're a completely new player I could see someone thinking that Day 1 lynches are dangerous and thereby something to tread lightly into. I'm not sure I'd feel good about voting someone like that, if that's the case.

Night 1 - Fairgrounds for Punishment
Day 1 Final Votals

1. @Blacephalon - 1 (TheCapsFan)
2. @Cilantro - 0
3. @Feenie - 1 (Pika_pika42)
4. @DarthWolf - 0
5. @jdthebud - 0
6. @Jinjo - 1 (HumanDawn)
7. @Elementar - 0
8. @Pika_pika42 - 1 (Kyriaki)
9. @HumanDawn - 0
10. @Thanos - 0
11. @Doctor Floptopus - 0
12. @Kyriaki - 1 (Feenie)
13. @AussieEevee - 3 (Elementar, jdthebud, DarthWolf)
14. @TheCapsFan - 0
No lynch - 1 (Blacephalon)

Night 1 - Fairgrounds for Punishment

Knowing that I must take action, I send out my Vikavolt. “Use Thunderbolt!” I shout. The large man advancing on me ducks out of the way, but the strong electric move shocks Celesteela behind him, also frying his two cronies still hanging onto the Ultra Beast, causing them to drop to the ground stunned.
“Why, you little...” My adversary sends out his Sableye and triggers her Mega Evolution, then orders her to attack my Vikavolt with Power Gem. The luminous attack blasts Vikavolt backwards, but my Stag Beetle persists, retaliating with Bug Buzz.
Meanwhile, a thuggish, bearded trainer with Lycanroc tattoos rides up to the island’s harbor on a Sharpedo, and a trainer on a Hydreigon flies to the island and lands somewhere in the amusement park. As these trainers begin to make their way to the site of the battle, the Boarder Patrol officer already arrives there. By this time, my foe’s Celesteela has begun attempting to fry my Vikavolt with its thrusters, causing the electric beetle to switch its strategy to evasive maneuvers. The officer catches me by surprise, suddenly grabbing me and cuffing my hands together from behind. “There you are!” he exclaims, scooping up the shiny Victini he made me drop. “I thought I told you to turn over this Victini. You should know better than to withhold evidence from an enforcer of the law!”
“Evidence of what?” growls the pudgy man, snatching the shiny Victini out of the official’s one human hand.
“Excuse ME! That’s classified!” huffs the apparently corrupt Boarder Patrol officer. “Now I suggest you return that immediately before I arrest you, too.”
“HEY YOU!” a gruff voice suddenly calls out. We all turn to see the tattooed thug glaring at the man holding Victini. “I’ve gotta Cubone to pick with you, ya dumb plumber!” The gangster sends out two Lycanroc, in Midday and Midnight form respectively, growling fiercely. “Stealth Rock!” the thug hollers, to which his Midnight Lycanroc uses the move in response. The plumber just watches as Mega Sableye’s Magic Bounce reflects the move back onto the Lycanroc trainer’s side, causing sharp rocks and grit to fly painfully at his face. “Gah!” The thug sputters, trying to wipe stone particles out of his eyes.
Once the plumber is done facepalming at the thug’s dumbassery, he gives his Celesteela a new command. “Use Heavy Slam.” Everyone scatters as the plumber’s Celesteela slams into the ground, creating a small crater as it impacts. Suddenly, a loud whoosh is heard as a mysterious blur zips through the area. To the plumber’s bewilderment, the shiny Victini is no longer in his grasp. Everyone looks around to find that my Vikavolt and I are missing as well.
“Well, now who do I arrest?” asks the Boarder Patrol officer.
“This is total bullshit...” grumbles the plumber before trying to shake his two human companions awake.
Now perched alone atop the distant Greninja Ferris wheel, the Hydreigon rider simply observes the whole scene in secret, biding his time to act.

As I’m whisked off through the abandoned theme park, I recognize the face of the trainer whose Speed Forme Deoxys is carrying us. “Blake Pearlworth?”
“That’s right,” he nods. “Been awhile, Pod...whoa, look out!” Blake calls out to his Deoxys too late, as the speeding DNA Pokémon completely bowls over a man in a lab coat staring into some sort of scanning device. The man’s briefcase pops open, spilling out its unusual contents.
“Ow...what was that?” mutters the scientist as we continue to speed off.

When we finally come to a stop, Blake returns Deoxys and has his Torracat bite my manacles off with Fire Fang. “Thanks,” I tell my friend, then look around to reorient myself. We appear to have ended up at some sort of outdoor theater for little children, as the nearby Loudred-shaped stage houses a quartet of shoddy-looking animatronic Pokémon: a Chatot, a smiling Oranguru with a pair of bongos, a Kricketune with a banjo, and a Sunflora with a tuba.
Suddenly, the oversized mechanical Chatot seems to move its head. “Psst. Over here, you two,” Blake and I hear it calling in an eerily distorted voice.
“Is that thing talking to us?” Blake asks me. I just shrug. Cautiously, we walk together past the rows of empty seating with our Torracat and Vikavolt, then step onto the stage. We inspect the group of robotic Pokémon. Their colors are faded and their paint is chipped in places, like much of the park attractions, though they could be in worse condition. Half of the Sunflora’s pale yellow face plate has fallen off, exposing the underlying robotic components underneath to a somewhat creepy effect.
Suddenly, the mechanical Chatot moves again, snapping the shiny Victini out of Blake’s arms with its metallic beak. Without warning, the animatronic bird appears to grotesquely twist its head and swallow the shiny Victini whole. “What the...?” I utter, watching Blake try and fail to rescue the mythical Pokémon. Then I spot what I think is the Genesect from before watching us, but it disappears before I can get Blake’s attention.
“Sorry, suckers!” the Chatot taunts in its creepy voice. Immediately after, the speakers atop the stage begin blaring an upbeat tune, and lights start flashing conspicuously. The other three animatronic Pokémon all come to life, moving as though playing their instruments, in a manner clearly dyssynchronous to the actual music roaring throughout the amusement park.
“Wa-ha-hey, it’s a party in here!” bellows the mechanical Oranguru nightmarishly.
“Let’s crank it uuup!” buzzes the robotic Kricketune.
“Crap, everyone’s gonna find us!” Blake remarks.
“Who’s doing this??” I ask frantically.
“Well, there’s only one way to find out...” Blake answers, pointing at the base of the Chatot. “...we need to go down there after Victini.”
“Leave it to Vikavolt,” I tell Blake. “Use Dig!” Vikavolt complies, burrowing into the stage before dislodging the robotic bird from underneath, revealing a narrow metal chute leading down a ways beneath the ground. The Chatot robot makes an unintelligible noise as it dies down.
“MegaPod, hurry down there!” Blake urges me as the plumber, scientist, and Lycanroc thug all step into view from different directions. “They’re coming!”
I nod to Blake, then slide down the chute. I end up next to Vikavolt in a damp, dimly lit tunnel of concrete, with long pipes running down the walls and ceiling in places. As I go down the underground passage, Blake and his Torracat slide down the chute after me and catch up.
We follow the tunnel until we come to a doorway, where we hear faint tapping noises. Tiptoeing inside, we see the back of someone with messy hair sitting in an office chair and surrounded by an array of control panels and monitors. Blake and I can see the shiny Victini’s characteristic pointy scarlet ears poking out from the front of this person. However, our attempt to sneak up on the seated figure fails, as a Porygon-Z drops down in front of us beeping angrily while its trainer calmly swivels around to face us. “May I help you?” the bespectacled teenage boy asks us sarcastically in his high-pitched voice, stroking Victini’s head. A Genesect emerges from a doorway opposite to the one Blake and I entered through, preparing to attack us along with Porygon-Z. “Blast them!” squeaks the boy in the chair, and the two Pokémon launch a Techno Blast and Hyper Beam our way. Luckily, our Pokémon manage to evade, and my Vikavolt shocks Porygon-Z with Thunderbolt while Blake’s Torracat chomps down on Genesect with Fire Fang. Then, the plumber and gangster enter the room, sending out their Sableye and Midday Lycanroc respectively to attack as well. “Uh-oh...” Pretty soon, the nerdy teenager is forced to return both of his Pokémon. He shoots up out of his swiveling chair and bolts for the doorway opposite to us; however, he bumps right into the Boarder Patrol officer, who promptly picks up the boy by his collar with his robotic arm.
“Thank you for giving this to ME,” the official says while plucking the shiny Victini away, “but I’m afraid I must arrest you now.” The officer cuffs the flailing teen and drags him off despite his protests.
The officer takes the boy up a staircase that leads into the information center, a Slowking-themed building located near the amusement park entrance, then exits said building and takes him to a dunk tank. He locks the boy inside of the chamber, where he’s suspended just over some stagnant water. “H-hey, stop!!” shouts the geek. “Isn’t this a bit much?? I-it’s just a Victini!” Ignoring the boy’s pleas, the officer grabs a ball and steps back several feet. “Don’t do it, this is undignified!!” The officer hurls the softball at the Poliwhirl-shaped target, releasing the boy’s seat and dropping him into the water with a splash. Blake, the plumber, the thug, the scientist and I all get a chuckle out of this spectacle, having gathered around to watch.

AussieEevee was lynched!
Dear AussieEevee, you are the hacker, one of MegaPod's characters in Capture the Shiny Victini. The hacker was originally introduced in order to handwave a plot hole involving the shiny Victini getting accidentally traded between two other characters despite not being in a Pokéball. Since then, the skinny, mop-headed hacker has continued to use his hacking prowess in his efforts to steal the shiny Victini for himself.

Because you operate on the digital plane more than the physical one, and you can use your hacking skills to reroute the shiny Victini, you are the Town Ascetic Redirector. Due to your Ascetic modifier, every action used on you by other players will fail, except for kills. Additionally, one Night phase during the game, you may select a player to redirect onto a second player of your choosing. If your target uses an action that Night, they will be forced to use it on the other player you selected instead of their intended target. You will fail to redirect your target's action if they choose not to use it. You are sided with the Town, and win once the Mafia and all other opposing factions are eliminated.

“Well, that’s that!” announces the officer proudly. “I suppose he wasn’t so much of a threat after all.” His monologue is interrupted by Blake’s Speed Deoxys rushing at him, with Blake snatching the shiny Victini away again. The officer sends out a Metagross and gives chase to Blake, and the plumber sends out a Sigilyph to pursue them both on. The Lycanroc trainer and I both just run after the bunch, leaving the teenager in the dunk tank to soak.

Some time passes before the sopping hacker spots a small figure approaching. He pounds on the glass to get the person’s attention. “Hey, over here!” he calls desperately. “Could you please let me out?” The small person calmly walks right up to the dunk tank. “Th-thanks so much, it’s getting cold in here...” However, instead of trying to let him out, the young figure taps on the glass with one finger and smiles mischievously, then turns a knob on the side of the tank. Much to the imprisoned teen’s horror, the dunk tank starts filling up with more water. “H-hey!! NO!!! LET ME OUT NOW, YOU INSANE GIRL!!!” The harder the hacker hits the inside of the rapidly filling chamber, the wider the little girl smiles, laughing cruelly at the trapped boy’s expense. No one else but the small girl seems to be watching as the dunk tank fills to the brim, and the hacker’s last breath bubbles out of his lungs.

———

It is now Night 1! The phase will lock at 24 hours, or sooner if I receive all final action submissions.

I second that, Elementar. And fortunately his role wasn't the worst to lose, although it definitely was an interesting one.

Interesting, do you think HD could be the SK? How confident are you based on your role info?
It wouldn't surprise me if he is who he claimed and there is also an SK, as there are enough players to make 2 independents viable. So not really that confident. As I said, it's more of a gut feeling.

@Kyriaki Do you have nothing else to discuss other than Pika_pika's miller claim? For me, your entire argument is rather troubling and I see little basis in your logic.

The miller claim was what stood out to me the most. No one else seemed overly suspicious. Just in case, I'm leaving my thoughts on the Day 1 posts overall. Mind, some of them are focused more on specific statements, so apologies if I've completely missed the point or misread the context.

Why have I claimed? Because there's no way in hell I'm going to make it to Endgame alive. If I'm too quiet, I get suspected to be a PR and maybe get nightkilled, if I'm too loud, same thing. If I'm on the middle ground or I am a little quiet, I might be thought of as Mafia and thus get some votes that may get me lynched.
I doubt I would be able to win the game if I didn't claim Independent.
If I am too helpful I might come across as actually being enough of a threat to them to warrant killing. I actually have a vague memory of this which I may be completely wrong about or misremembering, but I think I might have claimed Independent Survivor and was Nightkilled anyway. I'm not sure if it happened, it was years ago, but I wouldn't like for the same thing to happen again. I don't even remember why it happened, if it even happened. There's also the possibility the Mafia might think I am actually Town somehow lying about my Independent claim to live.

It's the same for everyone. Inactivity would cause suspicion about possibly being mafia staying under the radar; being active in scumhunting would also cause suspicion that mafia is trying to look town by contributing a lot. Though I give high points on expressing the difficulties of winning as an independent and thus showing how much one wants to survive.

This claim is 100% believable because Human wouldn't claim this if he really was a SK after what happened in the other game last week.
We've just been burned two games in a row by fake survivor claims.

Assuming other people's behaviors based on what happened in other games.

That shouldn't be the case unless a Vigilante/Bomb/Paranoid Gun Owner... shows up. Either way, if 3 Mafia (i'm assuming there's 3 Mafia) are dead and I'm still alive, you know who to go for...
Actually, I don't know why Feenie is prying on this or even bringing it up. If she suspects that they have an additional role, why not let Pika_Pika have no attention brought up to him and use their hidden role to the Town's advantage? By putting attention on a second potential role, the Mafia is now more wary of a potential one and may see him as more of a threat.
Also, where do you get that this game is bastard and role madness? My role is really generic and standard for a mafia game.
This game is a role madness game, meaning most or all players will receive some sort of power role to use. This game is also 100% certifiably bastard.

Why put Paranoid Gun Owner to cross it out? This game was presented to have bastard roles, and with the possibility of players having creative overpowered roles, suggesting one that may or may not be in the game would cause confusion and make future claims difficult. Also, DarthWolf's post seems quite unsettling since the information is in the first post. And why mention about having a generic and standard role?

Ok. Anyway by claiming Miller, all I want is to warn the Cop not to waste a check on me. I don't expect to be everyone's top Town read or for people to trust me just for my claim.

PikaPika42 claims -> Doesn't expect people to trust
Then why claim at all if gaining trust isn't your priority? If you wanted the cop not to waste a check on you, then doesn't that mean you want the cop to trust you? Does that mean you don't care if the cop doesn't trust you?

do you really think that scum would want to draw attention to themselves on the first post of the game?
Also, if a claim is made to get discussion going, do you see that as a towny claim?

Just because someone has drawn attention doesn't mean they are guaranteed town, claim or not. Activity&Contribution=/=Town Behavior.

Did you even read my post? I never screamed "I'm Town" just stated "I'm Miller".

Because Millers are categorized as town roles. Or are you hinting at being an Indep Miller?

I'm not focused on that right now, finding mafia comes first since SKs usually have a difficult wincon.

Having a difficult wincon =/= Safety in game

No Lynches should never be used D1. I believe that no matter what role you are, your vote is the most powerful asset you have. Throwing it away, especially on D1, is not contributing to the game, wasting time, laying low, whatever you want to call it.
At least Flop provided some general, albeit minimal, thoughts on other players. This post reads to me like a scum player who missed 85% of D1 and was too lazy to go read through the thread to either find a case or add their vote to a case that already existed, so they just threw their vote away.

If it really was a mafia player not using their vote to try and lynch someone, then wouldn't that be a good thing for town? Or would you have preferred mafia to use their vote?

See I have a problem with this kind of logic and it extends into why I had such an issue with AE earlier in the phase.
Sure Miller claims are hard to trust but claims are also situational too. Like Darth said, it's not just what you claimed but when you claimed, how you claimed, and why you claimed as well. I think we can trust Pikapika.
When: He claimed literally the first post of the game, as opposed to claiming when under scrutiny or later in the game when a miller claim might be more suspicious.
How: He did it short and sweet in his intro post, which in my mind was a good way to do it since it gave new information to work with right off the bat.
Why: If I remember correctly he said that he claimed for 2 reasons: to avoid being lynched as a result of a cop check later in the game and to generate discussion about the game, with which he achieved his goal. His claim removed the generally pointless RVS stage and got straight to discussion that will lead to a better assessment of interactions later in the game, which will help us catch scum.

I do not think there are points when a miller claim is more suspicious or less suspicious. If 2(+) people found the miller claim suspicious from the day 1 post, that does not mean that the miller claim was trustworthy. And as I mentioned earlier, activity and contribution does not mean one is town.

PikaPika42 claims -> Doesn't expect people to trust
Then why claim at all if gaining trust isn't your priority? If you wanted the cop not to waste a check on you, then doesn't that mean you want the cop to trust you? Does that mean you don't care if the cop doesn't trust you?

Because they also explicitly wanted to generate discussion. And saying they don't expect full confirmation is not the same as not expecting trust.

Just because someone has drawn attention doesn't mean they are guaranteed town, claim or not. Activity&Contribution=/=Town Behavior

1) We didn't say they were drawing attention. We said they were generating discussion.
2) I don't ever recall saying guaranteed town. But good activity and contributions do = town behaviour.

An unfortunate Lynch. Looked jester-y to most, maybe Eevee adopted a different playstyle in this game. Their stance on D1 claims was original but their ignorance on certain other aspects/questions looked off.

I have a request to make here: While the Cop should avoid checking me which is obvious, the Doc should also avoid protecting me. I won't be revealing the reason now as it will be revealed itself at the correct time.
Other roles are most welcome.

I've been gone from the War Room for a while, but in my experience AE is a common and easy mislynch and I would be interested in looking at who started the wagon.
If you have some spare heat, please send it this way. It's only getting up to 21c and is [censored] freezing!
Can we swap?
This on the other hand is not a very good intro post. There's been plenty of interactions between a lot of players over the past 6 pages. I get your internet problem, but it kinda seems like you want to sneak by without placing a vote.
The fence is my 2nd favourite place to sit after on the floor, in a corner.

blech.
Please don't do that.
I have a request to make here: While the Cop should avoid checking me which is obvious, the Doc should also avoid protecting me. I won't be revealing the reason now as it will be revealed itself at the correct time.
Other roles are most welcome.
this is... interesting and also quite towny IMO. Baiting the Doctor is a good Mafia strat, so asking not to be protected seems counterintuitive for scum to do.

I've been gone from the War Room for a while, but in my experience AE is a common and easy mislynch and I would be interested in looking at who started the wagon.
Can we swap?
The fence is my 2nd favourite place to sit after on the floor, in a corner.
blech.
Please don't do that.
this is... interesting and also quite towny IMO. Baiting the Doctor is a good Mafia strat, so asking not to be protected seems counterintuitive for scum to do.

I'll help you there. I started the wagon on AE. Caps joined briefly but got off. jd joined afterwards and Darth ended up on it. Do with it what you will. I thought AE was scummy, so I voted. But you also reminded me about something. Honestly Darth's vote seems quite lazy (for Darth anyway, considering their strength as a player). I understand their availability is restricted, but I feel like the vote itself still feels half-baked. Still reading them as neutral for now, but I would like to hear more from them. @DarthWolf, do you think AE was indep or mafia?

Oops, forgot a bit.

Also, in regards to your stance on Pika's doctor suggestion @Doctor Floptopus, mafia doesn't really need doctor protection, and I think they can safely predict who can be protected during the night phase. It would be an easy scum tactic to gain trust like that, so I wouldn't say it's too alignment indicative. What they're suggesting though... I can see what their thinking is.

I'm really sorry for finally coming in so late, I've been rather busy, and I still am. Quick thoughts.

• PP42's miller claim is believable, scum can hardly pull it off
  • Despite this being a Role Madness Bastard game, my role is fairly standard, so don't count that as impossible. Didn't Darth say he had a run-of-the-mill role too?
  • I think our best bet for a vote once day comes is Jinjo, seeing as how she's usually posting as much as she can. What really set me off was HD's comment about how maybe Jinj finally landed as scum and doesn't know how to blend in quite yet
  • Don't like that No Lynch vote. A D1 mislynch is better than being left in the dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom