• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Capture the Shiny Victini Mafia! - Endgame (7/19/18)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite this being a Role Madness Bastard game, my role is fairly standard, so don't count that as impossible. Didn't Darth say he had a run-of-the-mill role too?

I've been thinking about this actually. So here's my take on it.

Role madness just means a lot of roles, so it sounds like there's just a lot of generic roles.
Bastard is probably for one or two roles. Just because a game is bastard it doesn't mean everyone's role has to be bastard. That's almost never the case unless you're Zexy or ME so I think cult or something like that would be expected. Reviver, insane cop... there are a few roles considered bastard, so the game itself is probably quite normal (unless the bastard element is unknown modifiers).

Looking back at Blacephalon's post, I take back what I'd said before. I was willing to give them a pass for wanting a no lynch on D1, but somehow I completely missed the part where they said 'nothing to go off of'. D1 was pretty good as far as discussion went and things to go off of. Stating there wasn't much to go off of just shows a lack of effort.

I know we've mentioned Jinjo, but I see Thanos hasn't posted either. So @Thanos

Elementar said:
@DarthWolf, do you think AE was indep or mafia?
DarthWolf said:
Honestly, at this point I wouldn't be surprised if Eevee was a jester.
That seems like he was thinking Eevee was more on the independent side. I still want to hear from him - in his own words, though. You bring up a good point regarding his vote.

New to the forums - not to mafia.

I'd bring a Victini just to confuse the Shiny Victini

Also, regarding Blacephalon, if they're a completely new player I could see someone thinking that Day 1 lynches are dangerous and thereby something to tread lightly into. I'm not sure I'd feel good about voting someone like that, if that's the case.
See above quote. They're no new player so I would really like to hear some actual thoughts from them.

I'll help you there. I started the wagon on AE. Caps joined briefly but got off. jd joined afterwards and Darth ended up on it. Do with it what you will. I thought AE was scummy, so I voted. But you also reminded me about something. Honestly Darth's vote seems quite lazy (for Darth anyway, considering their strength as a player). I understand their availability is restricted, but I feel like the vote itself still feels half-baked. Still reading them as neutral for now, but I would like to hear more from them. @DarthWolf, do you think AE was indep or mafia?

Looking back at Blacephalon's post, I take back what I'd said before. I was willing to give them a pass for wanting a no lynch on D1, but somehow I completely missed the part where they said 'nothing to go off of'. D1 was pretty good as far as discussion went and things to go off of. Stating there wasn't much to go off of just shows a lack of effort.

I know we've mentioned Jinjo, but I see Thanos hasn't posted either. So @Thanos

That seems like he was thinking Eevee was more on the independent side. I still want to hear from him - in his own words, though. You bring up a good point regarding his vote.
Actually, no, I thought they were scum. What I meant with the indep part was that I wouldn't be surprised if it somehow flipped as jester. It wasn't my main thought, but more of possible scenario I wouldn't find weird. I did think he was scum and therefore voted him.

I checked the player list and noticed that Jinjo has not posted at all. Considering how chatty she usually is I am concerned she hasn't posted with half the Day Phase over. Maybe she finally hit a Mafia role and doesn't know how to blend in yet? I kinda doubt she's some information role because when she was one before, she still posted.

This is my second game I have been inactive when I missed a Day phase and I had a Townie role. You should know by now if I didn't show up in time to perform my night action, I could have easily been subbed out. I know that survivors don't care on who they vote for and all they care about is survival. I will keep that in mind.

As Human pointed out, it is awfully unusual for Jinjo not to come in and offer anything to the discussion. Consider this a pressure vote. I'm interested in what she's got to say - the vote is liable to stay or not.

I have been inactive and this is not my first time when I missed a Day phase and I had a Town role. You voted me and yet, I could have easily been subbed out if I didn't show up in time to at least perform my night action. I have seen Mafias in previous games vote for inactives and that looked suspicious. I see you unvoted me and went for an active player. Your action you did was hard for me to make a read on and it's hard for me to figure out if you're Town who realized I could have easily been subbed out for being inactive.

• I think our best bet for a vote once day comes is Jinjo, seeing as how she's usually posting as much as she can. What really set me off was HD's comment about how maybe Jinj finally landed as scum and doesn't know how to blend in quite yet
Why am I the best bet for a lynch when I was inactive who could have easily been subbed out if I didn't show up in time to at least perform my night action?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Kyriaki

Why put Paranoid Gun Owner to cross it out? This game was presented to have bastard roles, and with the possibility of players having creative overpowered roles, suggesting one that may or may not be in the game would cause confusion and make future claims difficult. Also, DarthWolf's post seems quite unsettling since the information is in the first post. And why mention about having a generic and standard role?

Because in the last game I was in, it made players think there was a Serial Killer, when really, a lot of people just targeted the Paranoid Gun Owner.

This is my second game I have been inactive when I missed a Day phase and I had a Townie role. You should know by now if I didn't show up in time to perform my night action, I could have easily been subbed out.

Oh, I didn't know. Hosts don't usually sub players out after not participating in just two phases, but I can see why you'd think that. That said, is there any reason why you did not post Day 1?

Assuming other people's behaviors based on what happened in other games.

Alright, fine. I just don't see why Human would do that if it ended poorly in the other games. For the ITP, that is.

Just because someone has drawn attention doesn't mean they are guaranteed town, claim or not.

Stop twisting my words. I never said they were guaranteed to be town.

If it really was a mafia player not using their vote to try and lynch someone, then wouldn't that be a good thing for town? Or would you have preferred mafia to use their vote?

In a way, maybe. To answer your question, I would prefer that everyone use their vote. Like I've already said, voting is the town's greatest power and the only way to get rid of scum. Not voting is a waste of that power and doesn't get them any further towards their wincon. Plus if mafia votes, it CAN help town later on if the mafia is lynched to see who and when they voted.

Honestly Darth's vote seems quite lazy (for Darth anyway, considering their strength as a player).

I don't think that post in which he voted was lazy though.

First note: I edited Jinjo's post to fix the formatting so it's easier to read.
Second note: I like DW's response post.
Third note: Have nothing alignment indicative on Jinjo yet until they provide thoughts on the game.
Fourth note: Honestly, I don't like how Kyriaki is twisting words and throwing shade on others. I think they saw an opportunity to push an easy Pika lynch after AE was pushing for it, and that vote seems far more lazy than what I think Darth's was. That's who I'm going for Day 2.

Sorry if my post came out as uncomfortable.
I know this would sound nothing more than an excuse but I did not realize at that time that the way I wrote was not acceptable.
On a side note, I had to google "twisting words" because I've only heard of the phrase and didn't know what exactly it meant. Apparently... it has serious detrimental effects. I'll take some time off and rethink my actions.

I know this would sound nothing more than an excuse but I did not realize at that time that the way I wrote was not acceptable.
On a side note, I had to google "twisting words" because I've only heard of the phrase and didn't know what exactly it meant. Apparently... it has serious detrimental effects. I'll take some time off and rethink my actions.

I don't know what google said but it's not a big deal (like it didn't hurt my feelings or anything like that). All I meant was that you were exaggerating a bit on what I said, or using my words in a different context than what they were intended.

What Caps said. The way you wrote was fine and not mean or anything. We just mean you were saying that we said something we didn't. That's more a scummy action, not a mean action. So don't worry about it :)

Day 2 - Don’t Go Braixen My Heart
Day 2 - Don’t Go Braixen My Heart

The shiny Victini changes hands several times between Blake Pearlworth, the plumber, and the Boarder Patrol guy during their aerial pursuit that evening. However, while the officer is waving the mythical Pokémon in his robotic hand victoriously, the Hydreigon rider swoops in, having his Hydreigon expel a triple Dark Pulse from his three heads at Deoxys, Sigilyph, and Metagross. Hydreigon snatches up the shiny Victini and gives it to his trainer while the three Psychic-types and their own trainers land to rest. “Well, I have an inmate to go check on, anyways,” huffs the officer before departing.
As Hydreigon tries to fly away, a Stone Edge strikes him from underneath. Looking down, the rider can see that it’s the doing of the gangster and his Midnight Lycanroc. Unfazed, the Hydreigon trainer lets a Greninja out of a Pokéball. The Ninja Pokémon tosses several Water Shuriken from atop Hydreigon, striking the Lycanroc and her trainer. Then, an Ice Beam strikes Hydreigon from a different direction. The rider looks again and sees me with my Glalie. I command Glalie to fire more Ice Beams at my rival, but Hydreigon evades the rest of the icy rays and escapes with his trainer and the Victini.

The scientist is once again wandering through the amusement park when he nearly bumps into the Boarder Patrol officer, who is staring in disbelief at the dunk tank. The scientist looks up from his scanner and at the drowned hacker, his own expression turning to one of shock. The officer turns to face the scientist and points a mechanical finger at him. “You! You stayed behind, right? Do you know anything about this?!”
The man in the lab coat shakes his head nervously. “I-I was off doing other things,” he stammers. “I didn’t see who did that!!”
The Boarder Patrol man grunts in frustration. “Well, I can’t let anybody off of this island until whoever’s responsible is caught.”
“Y-you know, I may have something that can help you with that,” offers the scientist. He clicks open his briefcase and digs around a bit, then pulls out a futuristic disk-shaped device. “Follow me.” The two men sprint over to the Celesteela crater from earlier, and the man in the lab coat sets the gadget down inside of the hole. The Boarder Patrol officer watches as the scientist inputs a code on the device’s keypad to activate it. Several rays of light shoot out in multiple directions, traveling through the ground to the island’s perimeter. The men watch as a transparent barrier of energy rises out of the sea and around the island, converging at one spot in the sky to form a large dome. “That force field should stop anyone from escaping,” asserts the scientist.

Having discovered the impenetrable wall of light when making his getaway, the Hydreigon rider camps out with the shiny Victini in the uppermost of the Ferris wheel gondolas. Feeling it’s a good time to relax, he opens his bag and shares a snack of berries with the shiny mythical creature. Suddenly, the trainer feels the Ferris wheel start moving, and his gondola travels downwards as the ride rotates. He sticks his head out of the window to see that my Vikavolt and I have activated the long-dormant Super Shuriken. “What are you doing, MegaPod?”
“Oh, hello, Max!” I exclaim with a wave. My Vikavolt flies up to my rival and plucks the shiny Victini out of the gondola. “I kind of figured you’d make this your hideout,” I chuckle. Before Max can exit the gondola and take Victini back, my Glalie reveals himself once more and freezes the door shut. As the Greninja-themed Ferris wheel takes Max back to the top, I run away carrying the shiny Victini and snickering gleefully.
Some distance away, I hop into a miniature train modeled after Charjabug, and have Vikavolt jump start it so we can ride it through the decrepit amusement park. I take the relaxing albeit inefficient ride past several retired attractions, until one in particular catches my eye. “Ooh...” I hop out of the diminutive train and head towards “Dhelmise’s Swinging Anchor,” a swinging ride with a boat-like “anchor” that could apparently seat dozens of people. “I could almost forgive whoever scrapped that Metapod ride if this is what they replaced it with,” I say as I climb up into the ride. Noticing the sky getting dark, I decide to tidy up the inside of the Anchor and prepare to spend the night.

As dusk falls, the officer with the robotic hand slouches inside the stationary Boarder Patrol helicopter, swigging a bottle of beer. Several empty bottles lay strewn around his feet. “Excuse me, sir, are you all right?” asks the helicopter pilot, checking up on the official.
“A teenage boy is dead because of ME,” the officer responds before taking another long sip. “What am I going to tell the guys back at HQ, huh? ‘Oh, I was just having some fun on the job. Also, I killed a kid!’”
“Um...”
“Don’t give ME that attitude!!” shouts the officer with a burp. “You know what? No. I’m gonna find who did this now, and I’m gonna bring ‘em to justice, and then I’m gonna be the guy who brought ’em to justice. Not the guy who killed him, because I’m gonna bring who killed him to justice.” Once he’s finished rambling and burping, the drunken officer stumbles out of the helicopter with his beer bottle in hand.
“Are you sure you should be going out like that?” the concerned pilot asks.
“You’re darn right I should!” the officer responds loudly as he meanders off into the dark. Outside the front of the amusement park, he finds a circus tent with large letters inscribed on it. He turns on a flashlight and reads the message “NO GUNZ HEAR” written out in permanent marker. He lifts the tent up a bit, revealing a gun and a stash of ammunition, not further concealed in the slightest, sitting in front of a large, green, metal object. The officer lets go of the tent with a groan. “Of course no guns hear,” he mutters to himself, shaking his head. “Voice activated firearms would be a disaster just waiting to happen!” He continues to search the premises for anything suspicious.

In the Dhelmise’s Swinging Anchor ride, I try to fall asleep, snuggling Victini and using a plastic bag of ancient cotton candy as a makeshift pillow. Before I can pass out, I hear what sounds like footsteps. I open my eyes and make out the silhouettes of two figures stepping onto the ride, one of them embellished with sharp spikes here and there. I sit up, fumble for a Pokéball, and send out Braixen. “Who’s there??” I call out. Braixen pulls the branch out of her tail fur, setting it alight so as to illuminate the two intruders. One of the figures is a tall person wearing a hooded cloak that serves to obscure any of their distinguishing features; the other figure is a Bisharp. They advance on me. “Hey, come back tomorrow, buddy, we’re closed!” I yell, getting onto my feet and holding the shiny Victini tightly with one arm. The hooded figure immediately pulls out a Pokéball and sends out a Toxapex. The Brutal Star Pokémon lunges straight for Braixen, stamping out her flame with one of its spiked legs as the ride rocks from the commotion. “BRAIXEN!” As the Toxapex traps my Braixen, I try to reach for another Pokéball of my own to send out some help, but the hooded figure silently points at me, directing their Bisharp to swing its arm at my neck. The hit draws no blood, but I fall over in serious pain. The hooded figure takes this opportunity to stomp on my chest, preventing my movement as they swipe the shiny Victini. All the while, Toxapex ruthlessly gnaws and stings Braixen, causing her to cry out in agony. The cloaked trainer returns their Pokémon, then runs away before I can get back to my feet.
I almost decide to pursue my attacker until I realize that Braixen is no longer moving. I scramble over to her, sweating profusely as I survey the incredibly weakened Fox Pokémon’s numerous wounds. I pull out of my bag as many Antidotes and Potions as I can fit in my hands, desperately spraying the medicinal items all over my Braixen. I try to yell for help, but can only manage to let out a sob. Braixen’s eyes barely open, and she feebly clutches one of my hands with her paw. I pet the side of Braixen’s face, and she smiles at me weakly. Then her grip loosens and her quiet, wheezing breath ceases.

Elementar was killed!
Dear Elementar, you are MegaPod's Braixen. She was a member of MegaPod's Pokémon team in Capture the Shiny Victini before getting tragically eaten by another trainer's horde of Sharpedo and Palossand. However, after a messy attempt by MegaPod to undo Braixen's death using time travel, she was eventually brought back as a ghost through a Spirit World portal.

Due to returning in the story as a spirit after your demise, you are the Town Restless Spirit. If you die, you will still be able to post in the game, though you may no longer vote. You are sided with the Town, and win once the Mafia and all other opposing factions are eliminated.

———

Also, because MegaPod went berserk upon your death in Capture the Shiny Victini, your death in this game will cause the MegaPod role to change from a Town player to a Serial Killer.

Blake Pearlworth bounds up the steps to Dhelmise’s Swinging Anchor to find me kneeling over Braixen, tears streaming down my face. “MegaPod, I’ve been looking for you. I saw something going on over here, and...” Blake looks down at Braixen’s body. “...oh no. MegaPod, what happened? Is your Braixen...a-are you okay?” Blake asks, resting a hand on my shoulder. My only response is rapid, heavy breathing. “Look, I’m gonna try and find whoever did this, alright? I’ll give you some time alone.”

I need to make whoever did this pay...even if...everyone on the whole island must suffer for it...

———

It is now Day 2! The Day officially ends 48 hours from this post.

Vote: Kyriaki

On Day 1, all Kyriaki did was vote Pika pika for claiming Miller and she said Miller claim is 50% Mafia and I believed in Pika pika's claim. If Kyriaki is Mafia, then that should make Pika Pika, Feenie, Caps, and DarthWolf Town and I got a result that said Kyriaki visited Elementar and Elementar is dead.

Here are my thoughts on other players. Floptopus did not vote anyone and places her suspicion on the person who started the bandwagon which was Caps and it looks like Caps is Town. All Cilantro did was said that I should be lynched for not saying anything but I was inactive on Day 1 and he didn't even respond back to me when I told him I was inactive and why should I be lynched which I find this suspicious. jdthebud asked Floptopus why she did not vote. If Floptopus is Mafia, then that should make jdthebud Town or vice versa, all Blacephalon did was a No Lynch and Thanos didn't say anything on Day 1.

VOTE: Kyriaki

Looks like this is going to be an easy phase.

Picked it.

Also, didn't know my role turned a townie into a serial killer. Wouldn't have tried so hard to be townie otherwise and attract the NK.

Anyway, I can still help out. But yeah, as I said during the night, go for Kyriaki.

Yeah forgot to mention this part.

Also, because MegaPod went berserk upon your death in Capture the Shiny Victini, your death in this game will cause the MegaPod role to change from a Town player to a Serial Killer.
This makes me feel better about HD. I mean it's a bastard game but 2 SKs would be overkill, quite literally.

I am a 1x Masonizer. I tried to become masons with Elementar because out of everyone else, Elementar seemed least likely to be mafia.

Gonna have to ask the hosts if I can still win with a Serial Killer on the loose... I guess that explains why the game is Bastard... Not that I am complaining, it makes things a bit more interesting.

Anyway, I know what Mafia & Town might be thinking, but just because there is an Independent out there, doesn't mean I am not one. This Independent is one made during the game, not at the game start.

Vote: Kyriaki

On Day 1, all Kyriaki did was vote Pika pika for claiming Miller and she said Miller claim is 50% Mafia and I believed in Pika pika's claim. If Kyriaki is Mafia, then that should make Pika Pika, Feenie, Caps, and DarthWolf Town and I got a result that said Kyriaki visited Elementar and Elementar is dead.

Here are my thoughts on other players. Floptopus did not vote anyone and places her suspicion on the person who started the bandwagon which was Caps and it looks like Caps is Town. All Cilantro did was said that I should be lynched for not saying anything but I was inactive on Day 1 and he didn't even respond back to me when I told him I was inactive and why should I be lynched which I find this suspicious. jdthebud asked Floptopus why she did not vote. If Floptopus is Mafia, then that should make jdthebud Town or vice versa, all Blacephalon did was a No Lynch and Thanos didn't say anything on Day 1.
Kyriaki already had a scummy d1 and this result gives even more evidence. I like this post, including the 2nd part.

Yeah forgot to mention this part.

This makes me feel better about HD. I mean it's a bastard game but 2 SKs would be overkill, quite literally.
Agreed, for a sec. I thought hd could have changed but given how MegaPod has a big focus as a main character, I'm pretty sure he was a town role. HD looks really good now.

I am a 1x Masonizer. I tried to become masons with Elementar because out of everyone else, Elementar seemed least likely to be mafia.
Explain the role please, with as many details as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom