• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Capture the Shiny Victini Mafia! - Endgame (7/19/18)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Night 0 - A New Turn

• Night 0 - A New Turn

Somewhere above the seas bordering the Sinnoh region, a green aircraft in the shape of a Metapod soars through the air. I sit in the bridge of the Metapod airship, stroking the incredibly rare—and incredibly cute—shiny Victini sitting upon my lap. I wonder if anyone’s still tailing behind me... I think to myself, having made several friends, rivals, and outright nemeses on my constant quest to maintain possession of the mythical entity, some of which were certainly after us at the very moment. Just then, a shadowy apparition makes itself visible amongst the clouds up ahead. I set Victini down and lean forward to get a better look at the rapidly approaching silhouette, recognizing it to be a Darkrai. As I reach for the airship’s controls to switch it out of autopilot mode, the Darkrai begins charging an attack. I barely swerve my giant flying chrysalis to the side when the Darkrai releases a burst of Dark Void orbs, pelting the airship in various spots but just missing me. “That was a close call...” I remark. I try to steer my airship back on course, only to realize the controls are now completely unresponsive. “...or not,” I sigh. I remove a panel beneath the dashboard and look for any loose connections in the wiring. No luck. I assess the airship for signs of damage, but there appears to be none. That Dark Void attack did something weird to my ship... With nothing to do but let the Metapod airship propel itself to Arceus knows where, I pick up the shiny Victini again and just pace anxiously for a while.

Some time passes before I notice a mysterious red glow permeating the darkening sky. Looking out the windshield, I make out the source of the light as two red specks positioned close to one another amidst the twilight. Lights on an aircraft? I surmise. However, as the red lights become increasingly closer, they seem to be more like...

...eyes?

I quickly duck for cover, still clutching Victini, as a large, robotic insect smashes through the windshield and lands inside my airship. Is that a Genesect?? The artificial arthropod turns around to face me, extending its claws with intent to snatch the shiny Victini away. Not about to let that happen so easily, I pull out a Pokéball and send out a Pokémon to stop Genesect. “Braixen, use Fire Blast!” I command. My Braixen launches the fiery attack at close range, hitting Genesect and causing it to recoil in pain. The Genesect compacts itself into flight position and exits through the broken windshield as quickly as it entered.
    Just when I think I can catch my breath, however, Genesect fires a powerful Techno Blast at my airship before finally speeding far ahead of it and disappearing. The attack shakes the massive metal Metapod terribly, and one of the thrusters sustains significant damage, instantly causing us to begin losing altitude. The lights in the sparking, sputtering airship flicker as I desperately scramble for the controls. I buckle myself into my seat, then test the steering mechanism to find that it works again, but barely. I spot a nearby landmass amongst the dark ocean waters below, and do my best to direct my airship there for an emergency landing. My Braixen, having buckled up as well, tightly hugs the shiny Victini close to her, bracing for the imminent jolt as the airship rapidly shoots towards the island at a downward angle.
    An awful cacophony of smashing and grinding noises fills our ears as the Metapod airship slams against the ground and skids roughly for a good distance until finally stopping. Near silence falls, only broken by my own heavy, rapid breaths and thumping heartbeat. I look to my side to see Braixen and Victini still alive and well, but both visibly shaken. With the crisis averted, I pass out in my seat.

———

Players, it is now Night 0! Role PMs will be distributed during this phase. Once you’ve received yours, please confirm in the thread that you’re ready to go. Day 1 will begin after every player has confirmed.

Day 1 - Surrounded

• Day 1 - Surrounded

My eyes flicker open. I glance around inside the dimly lit airship bridge, recalling what had occurred before I blacked out. Braixen quietly snores, still buckled into her seat, and still with the shiny Victini tightly wrapped in her arms. As I undo my own seat belt, I notice that the broken windshield is covered by a slowly billowing, semi-translucent fabric of sorts letting minimal sunlight stream into the airship. I climb out of my seat, gently pry the shiny Victini out of Braixen’s grasp, and return the snoozing Fox Pokémon to her Pokéball. I’m surprised no one’s come for Victini yet... I think.
    Pushing the large fabric out of my way, I climb out of the Metapod airship through the windshield and slide down to the ground with Victini in one arm. I step under the giant fabric concealing my vehicle and out into the morning sun. From the outside, I can see that my airship had slid into a large, striped tent. Not too far from the tent, I notice what appears to be another large, metallic Metapod laying on its side upon the dusty ground. I walk up to it and see that it was part of a carnival ride, having been suspended like a swing from a large metal frame which now sits beside it, warped and rusted. The door to this Metapod gondola seems to have been deliberately yanked off, and numerous markings in the gondola’s lime green paint suggest it was done by something with sharp, pointed claws — like those of a Genesect. “Well, that was a lucky break,” I sigh, realizing that the Genesect must have mistakenly searched the defunct carnival ride for Victini, but overlooked the actual Metapod airship. I carry the shiny Victini with me as I begin to check out my surroundings.
    In the direction from which I first approached the island is a harbor of sorts. In the opposite direction, a tall fence and wide gate block off what seems to be a whole amusement park taking up most of the island. I walk over to the gate. The faded letters on the sign above the gate spell out a broken but still mostly legible message: “Poké_irth Isl_nd! A fun-__lled par_dise!” I rattle the weathered metal gate, but it holds tight despite its well worn appearance. I reach for a Pokéball with one hand, and send out my Dhelmise. “Dhelmise, break it with Anchor Shot!” I order. My Sea Creeper Pokémon gurgles affirmatively, then launches his anchor at the gate, busting it down with ease. I carefully step over the fallen gate as Dhelmise rattles it by retracting his chain.
    Dhelmise, the shiny Victini, and I all look around at the various booths, buildings, and rides in the amusement park. The rides mostly appear to have held together surprisingly well with age. Among others, I notice a Greninja-themed Ferris wheel named the “Super Shuriken,” an incredibly lengthy and winding Rayquaza roller coaster, a lofty drop tower modeled after Alolan Exeggutor, and a large tilting swing tower in the shape of a Shiinotic. I even spy such facilities as an arcade, mini golf course, and water park area scattered throughout the island.
    My marveling is cut short when I hear the sound of a helicopter approaching. Dhelmise and I turn around and look to the sky, where a helicopter emblazoned with the letters “BMC” is flying towards the island with two figures visible inside. I quickly return Dhelmise and dart off through the amusement park. However, to my dismay, another helicopter is approaching from the opposite direction, this one labeled “Boarder Patrol.” A familiar official with a robotic arm holds up a megaphone and calls out through it, clearly facing me. “Relinquish the Victini to ME this instant, or prepare to face merciless enforcement!” his voice reverberates. In a less than compliant manner, I turn again and run deeper into the amusement park with the shiny Victini snug in my arms.
    A large shadow suddenly matches my path along the concrete, accompanied by the deafening roar of rocket thrusters, finally overtaking me. I skid to a halt as a large Pokémon lands, looming in front of me: a UB-04 Blaster, otherwise known as Celesteela. The silhouettes of three human riders can be seen clinging to the Celesteela, and the largest of the figures (barring Celesteela itself) slides down to the ground and begins walking towards me. “There you are, airship freak,” spits the portly man. “How about you make this easy and hand over Victini now?”
    I back away uneasily. Now what?

———

Players, it is now Day 1! The phase will end in 48 hours, at which time votes will lock (whether or not the update is right on time).

Night 1 - Fairgrounds for Punishment
  • Day 1 Final Votals

1. @Blacephalon - 1 (TheCapsFan)
    2. @Cilantro - 0
    3. @Feenie - 1 (Pika_pika42)
    4. @DarthWolf - 0
    5. @jdthebud - 0
    6. @Jinjo - 1 (HumanDawn)
    7. @Elementar - 0
    8. @Pika_pika42 - 1 (Kyriaki)
    9. @HumanDawn - 0
    10. @Thanos - 0
    11. @Doctor Floptopus - 0
    12. @Kyriaki - 1 (Feenie)
    13. @AussieEevee - 3 (Elementar, jdthebud, DarthWolf)
    14. @TheCapsFan - 0
    No lynch - 1 (Blacephalon)

Night 1 - Fairgrounds for Punishment

Knowing that I must take action, I send out my Vikavolt. “Use Thunderbolt!” I shout. The large man advancing on me ducks out of the way, but the strong electric move shocks Celesteela behind him, also frying his two cronies still hanging onto the Ultra Beast, causing them to drop to the ground stunned.
    “Why, you little...” My adversary sends out his Sableye and triggers her Mega Evolution, then orders her to attack my Vikavolt with Power Gem. The luminous attack blasts Vikavolt backwards, but my Stag Beetle persists, retaliating with Bug Buzz.
    Meanwhile, a thuggish, bearded trainer with Lycanroc tattoos rides up to the island’s harbor on a Sharpedo, and a trainer on a Hydreigon flies to the island and lands somewhere in the amusement park. As these trainers begin to make their way to the site of the battle, the Boarder Patrol officer already arrives there. By this time, my foe’s Celesteela has begun attempting to fry my Vikavolt with its thrusters, causing the electric beetle to switch its strategy to evasive maneuvers. The officer catches me by surprise, suddenly grabbing me and cuffing my hands together from behind. “There you are!” he exclaims, scooping up the shiny Victini he made me drop. “I thought I told you to turn over this Victini. You should know better than to withhold evidence from an enforcer of the law!”
    “Evidence of what?” growls the pudgy man, snatching the shiny Victini out of the official’s one human hand.
    “Excuse ME! That’s classified!” huffs the apparently corrupt Boarder Patrol officer. “Now I suggest you return that immediately before I arrest you, too.”
    “HEY YOU!” a gruff voice suddenly calls out. We all turn to see the tattooed thug glaring at the man holding Victini. “I’ve gotta Cubone to pick with you, ya dumb plumber!” The gangster sends out two Lycanroc, in Midday and Midnight form respectively, growling fiercely. “Stealth Rock!” the thug hollers, to which his Midnight Lycanroc uses the move in response. The plumber just watches as Mega Sableye’s Magic Bounce reflects the move back onto the Lycanroc trainer’s side, causing sharp rocks and grit to fly painfully at his face. “Gah!” The thug sputters, trying to wipe stone particles out of his eyes.
    Once the plumber is done facepalming at the thug’s dumbassery, he gives his Celesteela a new command. “Use Heavy Slam.” Everyone scatters as the plumber’s Celesteela slams into the ground, creating a small crater as it impacts. Suddenly, a loud whoosh is heard as a mysterious blur zips through the area. To the plumber’s bewilderment, the shiny Victini is no longer in his grasp. Everyone looks around to find that my Vikavolt and I are missing as well.
    “Well, now who do I arrest?” asks the Boarder Patrol officer.
    “This is total bullshit...” grumbles the plumber before trying to shake his two human companions awake.
    Now perched alone atop the distant Greninja Ferris wheel, the Hydreigon rider simply observes the whole scene in secret, biding his time to act.

As I’m whisked off through the abandoned theme park, I recognize the face of the trainer whose Speed Forme Deoxys is carrying us. “Blake Pearlworth?”
    “That’s right,” he nods. “Been awhile, Pod...whoa, look out!” Blake calls out to his Deoxys too late, as the speeding DNA Pokémon completely bowls over a man in a lab coat staring into some sort of scanning device. The man’s briefcase pops open, spilling out its unusual contents.
    “Ow...what was that?” mutters the scientist as we continue to speed off.

When we finally come to a stop, Blake returns Deoxys and has his Torracat bite my manacles off with Fire Fang. “Thanks,” I tell my friend, then look around to reorient myself. We appear to have ended up at some sort of outdoor theater for little children, as the nearby Loudred-shaped stage houses a quartet of shoddy-looking animatronic Pokémon: a Chatot, a smiling Oranguru with a pair of bongos, a Kricketune with a banjo, and a Sunflora with a tuba.
    Suddenly, the oversized mechanical Chatot seems to move its head. “Psst. Over here, you two,” Blake and I hear it calling in an eerily distorted voice.
    “Is that thing talking to us?” Blake asks me. I just shrug. Cautiously, we walk together past the rows of empty seating with our Torracat and Vikavolt, then step onto the stage. We inspect the group of robotic Pokémon. Their colors are faded and their paint is chipped in places, like much of the park attractions, though they could be in worse condition. Half of the Sunflora’s pale yellow face plate has fallen off, exposing the underlying robotic components underneath to a somewhat creepy effect.
    Suddenly, the mechanical Chatot moves again, snapping the shiny Victini out of Blake’s arms with its metallic beak. Without warning, the animatronic bird appears to grotesquely twist its head and swallow the shiny Victini whole. “What the...?” I utter, watching Blake try and fail to rescue the mythical Pokémon. Then I spot what I think is the Genesect from before watching us, but it disappears before I can get Blake’s attention.
    “Sorry, suckers!” the Chatot taunts in its creepy voice. Immediately after, the speakers atop the stage begin blaring an upbeat tune, and lights start flashing conspicuously. The other three animatronic Pokémon all come to life, moving as though playing their instruments, in a manner clearly dyssynchronous to the actual music roaring throughout the amusement park.
    “Wa-ha-hey, it’s a party in here!” bellows the mechanical Oranguru nightmarishly.
    “Let’s crank it uuup!” buzzes the robotic Kricketune.
    “Crap, everyone’s gonna find us!” Blake remarks.
    “Who’s doing this??” I ask frantically.
    “Well, there’s only one way to find out...” Blake answers, pointing at the base of the Chatot. “...we need to go down there after Victini.”
    “Leave it to Vikavolt,” I tell Blake. “Use Dig!” Vikavolt complies, burrowing into the stage before dislodging the robotic bird from underneath, revealing a narrow metal chute leading down a ways beneath the ground. The Chatot robot makes an unintelligible noise as it dies down.
    “MegaPod, hurry down there!” Blake urges me as the plumber, scientist, and Lycanroc thug all step into view from different directions. “They’re coming!”
    I nod to Blake, then slide down the chute. I end up next to Vikavolt in a damp, dimly lit tunnel of concrete, with long pipes running down the walls and ceiling in places. As I go down the underground passage, Blake and his Torracat slide down the chute after me and catch up.
    We follow the tunnel until we come to a doorway, where we hear faint tapping noises. Tiptoeing inside, we see the back of someone with messy hair sitting in an office chair and surrounded by an array of control panels and monitors. Blake and I can see the shiny Victini’s characteristic pointy scarlet ears poking out from the front of this person. However, our attempt to sneak up on the seated figure fails, as a Porygon-Z drops down in front of us beeping angrily while its trainer calmly swivels around to face us. “May I help you?” the bespectacled teenage boy asks us sarcastically in his high-pitched voice, stroking Victini’s head. A Genesect emerges from a doorway opposite to the one Blake and I entered through, preparing to attack us along with Porygon-Z. “Blast them!” squeaks the boy in the chair, and the two Pokémon launch a Techno Blast and Hyper Beam our way. Luckily, our Pokémon manage to evade, and my Vikavolt shocks Porygon-Z with Thunderbolt while Blake’s Torracat chomps down on Genesect with Fire Fang. Then, the plumber and gangster enter the room, sending out their Sableye and Midday Lycanroc respectively to attack as well. “Uh-oh...” Pretty soon, the nerdy teenager is forced to return both of his Pokémon. He shoots up out of his swiveling chair and bolts for the doorway opposite to us; however, he bumps right into the Boarder Patrol officer, who promptly picks up the boy by his collar with his robotic arm.
    “Thank you for giving this to ME,” the official says while plucking the shiny Victini away, “but I’m afraid I must arrest you now.” The officer cuffs the flailing teen and drags him off despite his protests.
    The officer takes the boy up a staircase that leads into the information center, a Slowking-themed building located near the amusement park entrance, then exits said building and takes him to a dunk tank. He locks the boy inside of the chamber, where he’s suspended just over some stagnant water. “H-hey, stop!!” shouts the geek. “Isn’t this a bit much?? I-it’s just a Victini!” Ignoring the boy’s pleas, the officer grabs a ball and steps back several feet. “Don’t do it, this is undignified!!” The officer hurls the softball at the Poliwhirl-shaped target, releasing the boy’s seat and dropping him into the water with a splash. Blake, the plumber, the thug, the scientist and I all get a chuckle out of this spectacle, having gathered around to watch.

AussieEevee was lynched!
    Dear AussieEevee, you are the hacker, one of MegaPod's characters in Capture the Shiny Victini. The hacker was originally introduced in order to handwave a plot hole involving the shiny Victini getting accidentally traded between two other characters despite not being in a Pokéball. Since then, the skinny, mop-headed hacker has continued to use his hacking prowess in his efforts to steal the shiny Victini for himself.

Because you operate on the digital plane more than the physical one, and you can use your hacking skills to reroute the shiny Victini, you are the Town Ascetic Redirector. Due to your Ascetic modifier, every action used on you by other players will fail, except for kills. Additionally, one Night phase during the game, you may select a player to redirect onto a second player of your choosing. If your target uses an action that Night, they will be forced to use it on the other player you selected instead of their intended target. You will fail to redirect your target's action if they choose not to use it. You are sided with the Town, and win once the Mafia and all other opposing factions are eliminated.

“Well, that’s that!” announces the officer proudly. “I suppose he wasn’t so much of a threat after all.” His monologue is interrupted by Blake’s Speed Deoxys rushing at him, with Blake snatching the shiny Victini away again. The officer sends out a Metagross and gives chase to Blake, and the plumber sends out a Sigilyph to pursue them both on. The Lycanroc trainer and I both just run after the bunch, leaving the teenager in the dunk tank to soak.

Some time passes before the sopping hacker spots a small figure approaching. He pounds on the glass to get the person’s attention. “Hey, over here!” he calls desperately. “Could you please let me out?” The small person calmly walks right up to the dunk tank. “Th-thanks so much, it’s getting cold in here...” However, instead of trying to let him out, the young figure taps on the glass with one finger and smiles mischievously, then turns a knob on the side of the tank. Much to the imprisoned teen’s horror, the dunk tank starts filling up with more water. “H-hey!! NO!!! LET ME OUT NOW, YOU INSANE GIRL!!!” The harder the hacker hits the inside of the rapidly filling chamber, the wider the little girl smiles, laughing cruelly at the trapped boy’s expense. No one else but the small girl seems to be watching as the dunk tank fills to the brim, and the hacker’s last breath bubbles out of his lungs.

———

It is now Night 1! The phase will lock at 24 hours, or sooner if I receive all final action submissions.

Day 2 - Don’t Go Braixen My Heart
  • Day 2 - Don’t Go Braixen My Heart

The shiny Victini changes hands several times between Blake Pearlworth, the plumber, and the Boarder Patrol guy during their aerial pursuit that evening. However, while the officer is waving the mythical Pokémon in his robotic hand victoriously, the Hydreigon rider swoops in, having his Hydreigon expel a triple Dark Pulse from his three heads at Deoxys, Sigilyph, and Metagross. Hydreigon snatches up the shiny Victini and gives it to his trainer while the three Psychic-types and their own trainers land to rest. “Well, I have an inmate to go check on, anyways,” huffs the officer before departing.
    As Hydreigon tries to fly away, a Stone Edge strikes him from underneath. Looking down, the rider can see that it’s the doing of the gangster and his Midnight Lycanroc. Unfazed, the Hydreigon trainer lets a Greninja out of a Pokéball. The Ninja Pokémon tosses several Water Shuriken from atop Hydreigon, striking the Lycanroc and her trainer. Then, an Ice Beam strikes Hydreigon from a different direction. The rider looks again and sees me with my Glalie. I command Glalie to fire more Ice Beams at my rival, but Hydreigon evades the rest of the icy rays and escapes with his trainer and the Victini.

The scientist is once again wandering through the amusement park when he nearly bumps into the Boarder Patrol officer, who is staring in disbelief at the dunk tank. The scientist looks up from his scanner and at the drowned hacker, his own expression turning to one of shock. The officer turns to face the scientist and points a mechanical finger at him. “You! You stayed behind, right? Do you know anything about this?!”
    The man in the lab coat shakes his head nervously. “I-I was off doing other things,” he stammers. “I didn’t see who did that!!”
    The Boarder Patrol man grunts in frustration. “Well, I can’t let anybody off of this island until whoever’s responsible is caught.”
    “Y-you know, I may have something that can help you with that,” offers the scientist. He clicks open his briefcase and digs around a bit, then pulls out a futuristic disk-shaped device. “Follow me.” The two men sprint over to the Celesteela crater from earlier, and the man in the lab coat sets the gadget down inside of the hole. The Boarder Patrol officer watches as the scientist inputs a code on the device’s keypad to activate it. Several rays of light shoot out in multiple directions, traveling through the ground to the island’s perimeter. The men watch as a transparent barrier of energy rises out of the sea and around the island, converging at one spot in the sky to form a large dome. “That force field should stop anyone from escaping,” asserts the scientist.

Having discovered the impenetrable wall of light when making his getaway, the Hydreigon rider camps out with the shiny Victini in the uppermost of the Ferris wheel gondolas. Feeling it’s a good time to relax, he opens his bag and shares a snack of berries with the shiny mythical creature. Suddenly, the trainer feels the Ferris wheel start moving, and his gondola travels downwards as the ride rotates. He sticks his head out of the window to see that my Vikavolt and I have activated the long-dormant Super Shuriken. “What are you doing, MegaPod?”
    “Oh, hello, Max!” I exclaim with a wave. My Vikavolt flies up to my rival and plucks the shiny Victini out of the gondola. “I kind of figured you’d make this your hideout,” I chuckle. Before Max can exit the gondola and take Victini back, my Glalie reveals himself once more and freezes the door shut. As the Greninja-themed Ferris wheel takes Max back to the top, I run away carrying the shiny Victini and snickering gleefully.
    Some distance away, I hop into a miniature train modeled after Charjabug, and have Vikavolt jump start it so we can ride it through the decrepit amusement park. I take the relaxing albeit inefficient ride past several retired attractions, until one in particular catches my eye. “Ooh...” I hop out of the diminutive train and head towards “Dhelmise’s Swinging Anchor,” a swinging ride with a boat-like “anchor” that could apparently seat dozens of people. “I could almost forgive whoever scrapped that Metapod ride if this is what they replaced it with,” I say as I climb up into the ride. Noticing the sky getting dark, I decide to tidy up the inside of the Anchor and prepare to spend the night.

As dusk falls, the officer with the robotic hand slouches inside the stationary Boarder Patrol helicopter, swigging a bottle of beer. Several empty bottles lay strewn around his feet. “Excuse me, sir, are you all right?” asks the helicopter pilot, checking up on the official.
    “A teenage boy is dead because of ME,” the officer responds before taking another long sip. “What am I going to tell the guys back at HQ, huh? ‘Oh, I was just having some fun on the job. Also, I killed a kid!’”
    “Um...”
    “Don’t give ME that attitude!!” shouts the officer with a burp. “You know what? No. I’m gonna find who did this now, and I’m gonna bring ‘em to justice, and then I’m gonna be the guy who brought ’em to justice. Not the guy who killed him, because I’m gonna bring who killed him to justice.” Once he’s finished rambling and burping, the drunken officer stumbles out of the helicopter with his beer bottle in hand.
    “Are you sure you should be going out like that?” the concerned pilot asks.
    “You’re darn right I should!” the officer responds loudly as he meanders off into the dark. Outside the front of the amusement park, he finds a circus tent with large letters inscribed on it. He turns on a flashlight and reads the message “NO GUNZ HEAR” written out in permanent marker. He lifts the tent up a bit, revealing a gun and a stash of ammunition, not further concealed in the slightest, sitting in front of a large, green, metal object. The officer lets go of the tent with a groan. “Of course no guns hear,” he mutters to himself, shaking his head. “Voice activated firearms would be a disaster just waiting to happen!” He continues to search the premises for anything suspicious.

In the Dhelmise’s Swinging Anchor ride, I try to fall asleep, snuggling Victini and using a plastic bag of ancient cotton candy as a makeshift pillow. Before I can pass out, I hear what sounds like footsteps. I open my eyes and make out the silhouettes of two figures stepping onto the ride, one of them embellished with sharp spikes here and there. I sit up, fumble for a Pokéball, and send out Braixen. “Who’s there??” I call out. Braixen pulls the branch out of her tail fur, setting it alight so as to illuminate the two intruders. One of the figures is a tall person wearing a hooded cloak that serves to obscure any of their distinguishing features; the other figure is a Bisharp. They advance on me. “Hey, come back tomorrow, buddy, we’re closed!” I yell, getting onto my feet and holding the shiny Victini tightly with one arm. The hooded figure immediately pulls out a Pokéball and sends out a Toxapex. The Brutal Star Pokémon lunges straight for Braixen, stamping out her flame with one of its spiked legs as the ride rocks from the commotion. “BRAIXEN!” As the Toxapex traps my Braixen, I try to reach for another Pokéball of my own to send out some help, but the hooded figure silently points at me, directing their Bisharp to swing its arm at my neck. The hit draws no blood, but I fall over in serious pain. The hooded figure takes this opportunity to stomp on my chest, preventing my movement as they swipe the shiny Victini. All the while, Toxapex ruthlessly gnaws and stings Braixen, causing her to cry out in agony. The cloaked trainer returns their Pokémon, then runs away before I can get back to my feet.
    I almost decide to pursue my attacker until I realize that Braixen is no longer moving. I scramble over to her, sweating profusely as I survey the incredibly weakened Fox Pokémon’s numerous wounds. I pull out of my bag as many Antidotes and Potions as I can fit in my hands, desperately spraying the medicinal items all over my Braixen. I try to yell for help, but can only manage to let out a sob. Braixen’s eyes barely open, and she feebly clutches one of my hands with her paw. I pet the side of Braixen’s face, and she smiles at me weakly. Then her grip loosens and her quiet, wheezing breath ceases.

Elementar was killed!
    Dear Elementar, you are MegaPod's Braixen. She was a member of MegaPod's Pokémon team in Capture the Shiny Victini before getting tragically eaten by another trainer's horde of Sharpedo and Palossand. However, after a messy attempt by MegaPod to undo Braixen's death using time travel, she was eventually brought back as a ghost through a Spirit World portal.

Due to returning in the story as a spirit after your demise, you are the Town Restless Spirit. If you die, you will still be able to post in the game, though you may no longer vote. You are sided with the Town, and win once the Mafia and all other opposing factions are eliminated.

———

Also, because MegaPod went berserk upon your death in Capture the Shiny Victini, your death in this game will cause the MegaPod role to change from a Town player to a Serial Killer.

Blake Pearlworth bounds up the steps to Dhelmise’s Swinging Anchor to find me kneeling over Braixen, tears streaming down my face. “MegaPod, I’ve been looking for you. I saw something going on over here, and...” Blake looks down at Braixen’s body. “...oh no. MegaPod, what happened? Is your Braixen...a-are you okay?” Blake asks, resting a hand on my shoulder. My only response is rapid, heavy breathing. “Look, I’m gonna try and find whoever did this, alright? I’ll give you some time alone.”

I need to make whoever did this pay...even if...everyone on the whole island must suffer for it...

———

It is now Day 2! The Day officially ends 48 hours from this post.

Night 2 - Is There a Doctor in the House (of Mirrors)?
  • Day 2 Final Votals

1. @Blacephalon - 2 (jdthebud, TheCapsFan)
    2. @Cilantro - 0
    3. @Feenie - 0
    4. @DarthWolf - 0
    5. @jdthebud - 1 (Jinjo)
    6. @Jinjo - 1 (Thanos)
    7. @Elementar
    8. @Pika_pika42 - 0
    9. @HumanDawn - 5,000 (MegaPod, Max1996)
    10. @Thanos - 0
    11. @Doctor Floptopus - 0
    12. @Kyriaki - 0
    14. @TheCapsFan - 0

@Max1996
    @Elieson

Night 2 - Is There a Doctor in the House (of Mirrors)?

The following day on the island starts off rather uneventfully. The island’s numerous “guests,” having left wherever they’d camped out for the night, would rummage through food stalls to find something reasonably edible or try to spot whoever had the shiny Victini. Their paths would often intersect, which usually resulted in mutual distrustful glances and uncomfortable silence. When Max finds a concerned-looking scientist wandering outside of an attraction known as “Doublade’s Mirror Maze,” however, he decides to walk right up and talk to the man. “Are you searching for Victini, too?” he asks, cutting right to the chase. “No one around seems to have seen it since last night.”
    “I sure am,” answers the scientist. He shows Max the scanner in his hand. “I traced the shiny Victini’s genetic signature to this house of mirrors, but I still can’t seem to find it!”
    “Hmm...” Max thought a moment. “Maybe my Luxray can help,” he suggests. Max sends out the Gleam Eyes Pokémon and asks him to search for Victini in the house of mirrors. Luxray steps into the building with Max and the scientist following close behind. Luxray prowls past the seemingly endless mirrored walls, eyes shining gold, until he stops and paws at one of the reflective panels. “Behind there?” his trainer asks.
    “Oh, that’s a clever hiding place...” the scientist remarks. “Let me get the Victini out.” He opens up his briefcase and retrieves a screwdriver, which he then uses to loosen the screws around the mirror one by one. He and Max lift the panel off the wall together, revealing the shiny Victini in the space behind it, bound and gagged. “There you are,” the scientist says as he picks up the shiny Victini. He begins to undo the mythical creature’s restraints.
    “Thanks for the help, Luxray,” Max says, returning the Pokémon. He and the scientist exit Doublade’s Mirror Maze to find several of the other people gazing at a strange anomaly in the sky: an Ultra Wormhole. Everyone in the vicinity watches as a Lunala emerges, gleaming brightly, before the portal closes. Lunala lands, exiting Full Moon phase, and a trainer gets off its back.
    The scientist runs over to the Boarder Patrol officer, who apparently had passed out at the side of a Hoopa Ring Toss booth the previous night, and shakes him vigorously to get him awake. “Hey, get up! Some guy breached the force field with their Lunala!”
    The officer groans, rubbing his forehead. “Ugh, what a night...wait, what? We can’t allow anyone out of here...” the officer moans groggily as he gets to his feet.
    “...Ryota?” Max asks, walking up to the trainer who just dismounted Lunala.
    “That’s right, Max,” Ryota replies, “and I think you already know what I’m here for!”
    “Hey! Stop him!” shouts the officer. “His Lunala needs to be confiscated before the killer can use it to escape the island!”
    Max sighs. “Sorry, Ryota, but we can’t let you go. Come out now, Hydreigon!” Max sends out the Brutal Pokémon to use Dark Pulse on the Lunala. Almost immediately, the other trainers in the area have their own Pokémon gang up on Ryota’s Lunala. The plumber’s Sableye launches Dark Pulses of her own, while the thug’s two Lycanroc take turns Crunching the lunar bat. When Ryota can only return his overwhelmed Moone Pokémon, the officer wrestles him to the ground with help from the plumber. The officer handcuffs Ryota and confiscates his Pokéballs before tossing the trainer into Doublade’s Mirror Maze and locking the entrance shut.

Blacephalon was lynched!
    Dear Blacephalon, you are Ryota, TouyaShiro's character in Capture the Shiny Victini. Ryota is a powerful, adventurous trainer and collector of rare Pokémon. He is also a doctor and Pokémon researcher. His background is as much a mystery to himself as to anyone else, as his travels through Ultra Space have left him without the memories of his past.

Because you're a doctor, you are...well, the Town Doctor. Each Night phase, you may select a player to heal. You will save your target from one kill that Night. You are sided with the Town, and win once the Mafia and all other opposing factions are eliminated.

Ryota hears something unusual scuttling across the floor from him. He looks past a decapitated Pikachu doll and sees the back of a small Pokémon looking at its own reflection on the mirrored wall. Due to the unmistakable rag costume the Pokémon is wearing, Ryota recognizes the entity as a Mimikyu. Before Ryota can try to wriggle away or even avert his gaze, part of Mimikyu’s rag slides up in the front, and the trainer glimpses the reflection of the shadowy form underneath.

“You know, my scanner detected some other life form in there when I was looking for Victini earlier...” the scientist holding Victini mentions to Max.
    “Really? Let me see,” Max responds.
    The scientist activates his scanning device and looks at the display with Max. “Hmm...it’s only picking up signs of one living thing in there now. Maybe it was an error,” he says with a shrug.
    “I guess so.”

———

It is now Night 2! Actions lock 24 hours from this post.

Night 1 Redux - A Due Undo
  • Night 1 Redux - A Due Undo

“Hey nerd,” the Lycanroc gangster barks to the scientist, “why don’t I take that Victini off yer hands?”
    Holding the shiny Victini back tighter, the scientist notices the thug wearing futuristic-looking black gloves with silver and blue details. “Where did you get those??” asks the man in the lab coat.
    “Found ‘em yesterday,” growls the thug as he tries to tug the shiny Victini away. “Now gimme the sheeny Victini!!” The two men struggle over the mythical Pokémon, when suddenly a flash of blue light blinds them.
    The gangster blinks his eyes. Suddenly, it’s dark out, and he’s completely alone. “The hell? Where you hiding, geek?” The Lycanroc trainer looks behind a nearby booth, when suddenly he hears footsteps. He peeks out and sees a hooded person walk out of Doublade’s Mirror Maze and turn a corner. The thug tiptoes after the figure, tailing them all the way to Dhelmise’s Swinging Anchor, where the person in the cloak lets a Bisharp out of a Pokéball before they start climbing. “Hey, you!” shouts the gangster, prompting the hooded figure and their Bisharp to turn to face him. “Ya ain’t getting the Victini before me!!” He sends out Sharpedo to attack the pair with Liquidation, knocking them off the steps. Sharpedo repeats the attack, knocking Bisharp out cold. The cloaked person returns Bisharp and scrambles away in fright. The thug chuckles, returns Sharpedo, and thuds up the steps to the ride.
    Lying down inside the ride, I hear what sounds like footsteps. I open my eyes and make out the silhouette of a muscular figure stepping onboard. I sit up, fumble for a Pokéball, and send out Braixen. “Who’s there??” I call out. Braixen pulls the branch out of her tail fur, setting it alight so as to illuminate the intruder.

———

The game has reset to Night 1! Everything will return to the state it was in before the start of Day 2.

Elementar is alive again!
    Blacephalon is alive again!

Actions lock in 24 hours.

Day 2 Redux - The Plumber’s Plotting
  • Day 2 Redux - The Plumber’s Plotting

I stand up and get a better look at the thug in front of me. “...Wolfrick?”
    “Hey MegaPod,” the bearded ruffian replies. “I wanted that there Victini you got.”
    “Can’t this wait until tomorrow?” I say to Wolfrick in a slightly annoyed tone. “I just want to go to sleep.”
    “Well, I ain’t that tired,” Wolfrick responds. “Feels like it got dark too quickly for me...besides, I just chased off this other dude in a hood who was tryin’ ta get here first!”
    Just then, Blake Pearlworth steps onto Dhelmise’s Swinging Anchor, finding me and Wolfrick there. “MegaPod, I’ve been looking for you,“ Blake explains. “I saw something going on over here. Who’s this?”
    “This is Wolfrick, an ex-gang leader,” I tell Blake.
    “Huh, not the type of guy I’d expect you to associate with,” Blake remarks.
    “Anyways, he says someone wearing a hood was just here trying to get the shiny Victini from me.”
    “That...sounds suspicious,” Blake notes. He turns to Wolfrick. “Which way did they go?”
    “Uhh, I think that way...” Wolfrick says, pointing. “Oh, I bet that creep scuttled on back to the Doublade Mirror Maze thingy they got here! That’s where I first saw him.”
    “Okay, thanks,” Blake says. “I’ll go check it out.”

In Doublade’s Mirror Maze, the cloaked person converses with another. “I swear the guy was off sleeping in another part of the amusement park. He came out of nowhere...”
    “So you just ran away?” growled the second, more plump, person. “I swear you need me to do everything, cousin...” Meanwhile, off in a nearby corner, a smaller hooded figure quietly delights a Mimikyu dwelling in the house of mirrors by beheading several plush Pikachu with a loose shard of glass.
    The three people turn their heads at the sound of another person moving about the maze of mirrors. “What was that?” whispers the first cloaked person.
    “Let’s split up,” whispers the stout figure.
    As Blake Pearlworth slowly navigates Doublade’s Mirror Maze, accompanied by his Torracat, Deoxys, and Steenee, he sees the reflection of a Pokémon shift around the mirrored walls around him. Blake and his team of Pokémon all stand in a circle with their backs to each other, trying to spot from what direction the mysterious foe is coming from. Torracat is suddenly dragged off by a long, spindly leg, followed soon after by Steenee. “Torracat? Steenee?? Where did you go??” Blake turns and watches as a fearsome Araquanid Lunges upon his Deoxys, knocking it out, before crawling right up to Blake himself and pinning him down. A pair of men, the first two hooded figures, walk to the immobilized Blake Pearlworth and stare down at him intimidatingly. “You...”
    “Yeah, me,” chuckles the plumber. “The shiny Victini and most of the other people after it all conveniently sealed in one spot. You’d better believe that my cousin, niece and I are gonna take full advantage of this opportunity.”
    “...your niece?” Blake asks, before seeing a smiling girl walk towards him, holding a long fragment of glass.

Kyriaki was killed!
    Dear Kyriaki, you are Blake Pearlworth, Kharixi's character in Capture the Shiny Victini. Blake Pearlworth is described as a "fairly average" Pokémon trainer, but he's proven to have great determination in keeping the shiny Victini out of the wrong hands. At one point in the story, Blake formed an alliance with the character MegaPod, and the two have infrequently collaborated in their Victini-snatching efforts since then.

Because you're fairly average but dedicated to protecting the shiny Victini and forming alliances, you are the Town Weak Rolestopper + 1×Masonizer. Each Night, you may select a player to protect. You will stop all other actions from reaching your target that Night. Alternatively, one Night phase during the game, you may select a player to masonize. If you and your target are sided with the Town, you will become Masons with each other and gain a shared private chat. However, should you happen to target an anti-Town player with any action, you will die that Night as a result. You are sided with the Town, and win once the Mafia and all other opposing factions are eliminated.

The three figures disguised in hoods step out of Doublade’s Mirror Maze. “Let’s get out of here,” grunts the plumber. The three of them walk their separate ways, preparing for another big day of shiny Victini snatching...and shiny Victini hunter eliminating.

———

It is now Day 2 (again)! Votes lock in 48 hours.

Night 2 Redux - Watch Your Back, Max
  • Day 2 Redux Final Votals

1. @Lone_Garurumon
    2. @Cilantro - 9 (Jinjo, Lone_Garurumon, Elementar, jdthebud, Feenie, Thanos, TheCapsFan, Doctor Floptopus, DarthWolf, and a Pidgey in an Aspear tree)
    3. @Feenie - 0
    4. @DarthWolf - 0
    5. @jdthebud - 0
    6. @Jinjo - 0
    7. @Elementar - 0
    8. @Pika_pika42 - 0
    9. @HumanDawn - 0
    10. @Thanos - 0
    11. @Doctor Floptopus - 2 (Cilantro, HumanDawn)
    14. @TheCapsFan - 0

@Max1996
    @Elieson

Night 2 Redux - Watch Your Back, Max

In the morning, I wake up to see another trainer prying the shiny Victini out of Wolfrick’s arms as the man with Lycanroc tattoos continues snoring in his seat. “Hey!” I shout, standing up to confront this trainer.
    “Oh, you wanted this?” he chuckles, turning his head to see me. “Sorry, but I didn’t have my Pidgeot circle around this island looking for nothing. If you want this shiny Victini, you’ll have to take it back from me — Ryota!” With that, the trainer sends out his aforementioned Pidgeot and begins to fly off.
    Before I can try to pursue the trainer, a sudden realization hits me. Oh no...where’s Blake? I run down the steps out of Dhelmise’s Swinging Anchor and look around, trying to figure out which way to go.
    Wolfrick stirs awake and follows me out of the ride. “Hold on a minute, where’re you goin’?” he calls after me. “Are you takin’ the Victini??”
    “No, someone else has that covered,” I respond, a hint of worry in my voice. “Where’s that mirror maze you told Blake about? I’m a little concerned that he never came back to us.”
    “Oh, yeah, uh, that way,” the gangster tells me. “I’ll take ya!”
    We run over to the attraction, only to find the entrance marked off with police tape. The Boarder Patrol officer stands next to the entrance, talking to a man in a suit holding a notebook. “What happened here??” I ask frantically.
    “Another trainer was murdered,” the officer tells me bluntly.
    “A trainer named Blake Pearlworth,” adds the man with the notebook. My heart sinks upon hearing this news. “I’ve been following him because I wanted to know more about this so-called average trainer and his Deoxys, but I knew something was wrong when he walked into this mirror maze and a group of suspicious hooded people walked out instead. I checked inside the attraction and found him dead. I got Officer ME here to the scene as soon as I could.”
    “Do you two happen to know why he would’ve gone in there?” the officer asks me and Wolfrick.
    “I told that guy that the hooded creep might’ve been there,” Wolfrick answers. “Dude ran off and went to check it out on his own!”
    “Hmph. You have a criminal record a mile long,” Officer ME remarks. “I wouldn’t put it past you to have set Blake up.”
    “I didn’t do no such thing!” Wolfrick shouts in protest.
    “You’ll fine out who’s responsible for doing this to my friend...right, Officer?” I ask.
    “I won’t rest until I get to the bottom of this, believe ME,” the officer says. “In the meantime, you should all be careful. In fact, it would be ideal if everyone stopped chasing each other over the shiny Victini and just turned it over to ME,” he adds before starting to walk away.
    “Yeah, right...” scoffs Wolfrick.
    “Where are you going now?” the man with the notebook asks Officer ME.
    “I’m going to lie down until my headache goes away,” Officer ME answers.

Ryota continues flying above the amusement park on Pidgeot until an Ice Beam strikes Pidgeot out of nowhere, causing them to plummet. Max’s Greninja then speedily swipes the shiny Victini as Ryota and his frozen Pidgeot go skidding across the miniature golf course, barely avoiding hitting themselves on a Klang obstacle guarding one of the holes. “Hello, Ryota,” Max says as Greninja returns to his side with Victini. “I don’t recall seeing you enter this island before that force field went up.”
    “How observant of you,” Ryota replies, picking himself up off of the artificial grass.
    “You know, someone in here is running loose killing other shiny Victini hunters,” Max informs the rival trainer. “I advise you stay only if you can help us to do something about it.”
    Suddenly, Max’s ninja frog is bowled over by a Golisopod, who scoops up the shiny Victini after knocking out the Greninja with First Impression. “Gotcha now!” I shout to Max as Golisopod bounds over to me and hands me Victini. Max gives chase to us out of the mini golf area as Ryota stays and tends to his Pidgeot.
    I run away with Golisopod towards a bumper car ride, then send out Vikavolt and direct it towards the control panel that the ride operator would man. Vikavolt clasps onto the panel with its mandibles and gives it a strong electrical jolt, causing the ride to power up with a noisy hum. I leap into the Wimpod bumper car and strap myself in as my giant samurai arthropod comically squeezes in behind me. Max stops and shakes his head when he sees what I’m doing. “You know you’re not actually getting anywhere in that thing, right?” he says to me. “Up to your usual ridiculous antics, I see...”
    “It helps me cope,” I explain. “Now are you gonna bump for Victini or not?”
    Max responds by hopping inside a bumper car designed after Togedemaru and buckling up. I drive my goofy Wimpod car out into the rectangular arena, and Max scoots after us in the Togedemaru car, attempting to ram us. As we collide harmlessly and the pursuit continues, this activity attracts the attention of some of the other people, who decide to join in. The scientist climbs into a Goomy car, the plumber jumps into one modeled after a Kabuto, and a young girl boards a Sandygast bumper car. Everyone seems to enjoy the ride as the five of us drive around and crash into each other, sending the shiny Victini flying between the cars. After a while of this, Victini ends up back in Max’s hands.
    Suddenly, Max’s safety belt inexplicably pulls itself apart, and his Togedemaru car jerks out of his control, crashing into the plumber’s Kabuto bumper car. The shiny Victini is flung into the dizzied plumber’s face, while Max himself his launched out onto the slick floor of the ride. Before anyone can get out and assist Max, the Togedemaru bumper car knocks him into the wall, spinning wildly in a seemingly random pattern and shaking large chunks of its own rubber bumper loose. “What the fuck...” the plumber utters. The Togedemaru car then stops gyrating and faces Max, crackling with blue electric sparks. The painted-on Togedemaru face smiles cutely at Max as the malfunctioning car begins repeatedly ramming him against the wall, crunching his head and body in agonizing positions.
    “Vikavolt, stop the ride!!” I yell, prompting my beetle to thrust its jaws into the control panel and disembowel it. However, the ride’s wiring is pulled out a little too late, as the bumper car leaves a completely limp Max sprawled in front of it as it loses power and stops.
    “Welp, ride’s over, folks,” the plumber tersely remarks as everyone exits their vehicle.
    The scientist approaches Max and checks for a pulse. “He’s dead,” he announces to the crowd dolefully.

Cilantro was lynched!
    Dear Cilantro, you are Max, Max1996's main character in Capture the Shiny Victini. Max is an experienced trainer from Kalos, and one of MegaPod's earliest and most formidable rivals in the game. He travels with his team of signature Pokémon including his trusty Greninja and Hydreigon while pursuing the shiny Victini. Max cares deeply for each of his Pokémon, and is concerned with the wellbeing of the shiny Victini as well. Tactics he uses for apprehending the shiny Victini include watching his rivals' moves in order to ambush them.

Because you keep a close eye on the other shiny Victini hunters, you are the Town Watcher. Each Night, you may select a player to watch. You will learn of everyone else who visits your target that Night. You are sided with the Town, and win once the Mafia and all other opposing factions are eliminated.

As the plumber nonchalantly steps out of sight with the shiny Victini, he discreetly clicks open an empty Pokéball. Trailing behind it a blue streak of electricity, a Rotom travels away from the bumper car ride and into the Pokéball. “Good job,” the plumber whispers to the encapsulated Plasma Pokémon.

— — —

It is now Night 2 (again)! Actions lock in 24 hours, or when I have all final submissions.

Day 3 - Paying Back the Plumber
  • Day 3 - Paying Back the Plumber
    Co-written by @Max1996!

“Stop it right there, plumber.” The portly plumber turns to see the source of the voice, the suited man with the notebook. “You thought you could get away with these crimes, but you got careless! I kept my eye on you and spotted that Rotom you used to sabotage that ride just now. Bet you didn’t count on having to deal with my awesomeness!”
    “Is that so?” growls the plumber.
    “You know...that sounds exactly like something you would do,” I chime in, glaring at the plumber. My Vikavolt and Golisopod stare down the plumber as well, ready to attack.
    The exuberant suited man sends out a Gallade to confront the plumber, who in turn calls upon his Celesteela, Sigilyph, Araquanid and Mega Sableye to fight off our Pokémon. Our Pokémon send Thunderbolts, Razor Shells, and Night Slashes towards the plumber’s team, getting hit by Fire Blasts, Air Slashes, Lunges and Dark Pulses in return. We manage to take down Mega Sableye and Araquanid, but not without me burning through some of my own Pokémon first.
    Suddenly, Ryota and Pidgeot fly back into action, trying to catch the plumber from behind. However, the plumber notices, rolling it out of the way before tossing the shiny Victini up. His Sigilyph blows Victini into the arms of another man waiting behind me and the guy in the suit. This man, the plumber’s cousin, sends out a Tyranitar as Ryota chases him on Pidgeot, and orders Tyranitar to give them a Stone Edge beatdown as sand starts swirling violently around them thanks to Sand Stream.
    “Heheheh. Guess you’ll have to try and help him, huh?” the plumber taunts. “Good luck saving him from the same fate I helped ol’ Max there meet when I’m still here.”
    But then, something unexpected happens. Six Pokéballs open up from within the bumper car ride, and Max’s Greninja, Hydreigon, Luxray, Typhlosion, Sceptile, and Lucario all emerge, eyes fixed on the plumber’s team as they approach in unison. Typhlosion and Luxray combine their Fire and Electric attacks to bring down the plumber’s Celesteela, while Hydreigon and Greninja shoot Dark Pulses at his Sigilyph. Sceptile and Lucario advance on the plumber. Dammit! the plumber thinks to himself as he returns his fainted Sigilyph and Celesteela to their Pokéballs.
    “Let’s go stop that other guy,” the suited man says to me. “Looks like these Pokémon have the plumber covered!”
    Before the plumber can run very far, he feels a sharp pain in his leg. Looking down, he sees a light blue pointed star sticking out of it briefly before it melts away. Impeded by the wound left in his leg by the projectile, he limps away, only to find himself cut off by Max’s six Pokémon at the mini golf entrance. The murderous intent apparent of the Pokémon surrounding him doesn’t visibly faze him much, though he recognizes he’s met his match. “Well, shit.” The Pokémon surrounding him move closer and closer, and soon a loud scream echoes throughout the park.
    Officer ME soon arrives at the scene, but by that time the only thing there is a dead body, with signs of having been viciously attacked.

Doctor Floptopus was killed!
    Dear Doctor Floptopus, you are the plumber, one of Chidamari Sketch's characters in Capture the Shiny Victini. The plumber is a rotund man from the Orre region and a former member of the corrupt organization Cipher. He first discovered the shiny Victini after being pulled into an alternate dimension created by Arceus along with several other characters. The plumber seems to have no qualms about harming others in his pursuit of the shiny Victini, having nearly murdered other trainers or their Pokémon on multiple occasions. However, the crafty plumber covers his crimes up well, even using his Beheeyem's mental persuasion to do so at times. He has also been known to disguise himself as a janitor in order to avoid detection by his rivals.

Because you hide your crimes and sometimes dress as a janitor, you are the Mafia Godfather + 1×Janitor. You will appear unsuspicious if you are checked by a Cop. Additionally, one Night phase during the game, you may choose to clean up.This effect will be applied to your factional kill that Night. If successful, information about your target's role will be omitted from their in-thread death announcement the following Day; only their role name will be revealed publicly. You are sided with the Mafia, and win once the Town and all other opposing factions are eliminated, or nothing can prevent this.

Ryota flies circles around the plumber’s cousin and Tyranitar on Pidgeot, evading all of the Stone Edges shooting up at them. I arrive with my Dhelmise and Klefki, who attack with Anchor Shot and Flash Cannon respectively, while the suited man’s Gallade attacks Tyranitar with Close Combat. Tyranitar falls, but spews a Fire Blast at Ryota as it does, causing them to crash again. The man with Victini then substitutes his Tyranitar for a Bisharp and Pangoro, which both proceed to beat the downed Ryota and his Pidgeot into oblivion. The plumber’s vicious yet cowardly cousin adds Toxapex to the mix, shielding his other two Pokémon with Baneful Bunker so as to ensure nothing prevents the savage assault.

Lone_Garurumon was killed!
    Dear Lone_Garurumon, you are Ryota, TouyaShiro's character in Capture the Shiny Victini. Ryota is a powerful, adventurous trainer and collector of rare Pokémon. He is also a doctor and Pokémon researcher. His background is as much a mystery to himself as to anyone else, as his travels through Ultra Space have left him without the memories of his past.

Because you're a doctor, you are...well, the Town Doctor. Each Night phase, you may select a player to heal. You will save your target from one kill that Night. You are sided with the Town, and win once the Mafia and all other opposing factions are eliminated.

The residual sandstorm finally dying down, the man in the suit and I get a better look at the terrible sight before us. “You’ve just killed another trainer right in front of us...” exclaims the suited man. “When will you stop?!”
    “I’ll stop when I’m dead!!” shouts our foe. Then, a few gunshot noises later, he drops to the ground dead, with bullet holes visible in his back. His horrified Pokémon stare for a moment, then just scramble off in different directions.

Feenie was killed!
    Dear Feenie, you are the dentist, one of Chidamari Sketch's characters in Capture the Shiny Victini. The dentist has often been seen helping his cousin, the plumber, to steal the shiny Victini. The dentist was originally thought to be responsible for the death of MegaPod's Braixen, and while it has since been revealed that it was an impostor who did it, the real dentist has proven to be just as vicious at times. Not only has he allowed his team of Pokémon to brutally maul someone out of cowardice, he's actively hunted down a trainer out of vengeance, with the intent to kill.

Because dentists pull teeth and you're a particularly malicious dentist, you are the Mafia Silencer + 2×Strongman. Each Night phase, you may select a player to silence. That player will be unable to post anything (besides votes) during the following Day phase and Night phase. Additionally, any two Night phases during the game, you may choose to strongarm your faction's kill target. The kill will hit through any protection those Nights. You are sided with the Mafia, and win once the Town and all other opposing factions are eliminated, or nothing can prevent this.

Standing behind the dead dentist is none other than Wolfrick. “Heya guys,” he says nonchalantly, gun in hand. “That Officer Mimi told us to be careful, so I got mah gun.”
    “That’s Officer ME to you,” said Boarder Patrol officer declares as he walks over to us. “I take it our troublemakers have finally met justice?”
    “Yeah, and a big thanks to you, copper,” scoffs Wolfrick sarcastically.
    “Well, there is still at least one more to worry about,” the suited man states, flipping open his notebook to show Officer ME. “The shortest of the hooded figures I saw is still unaccounted for.”
    “Noted. In any case, where’s your friend? Once our last criminal is caught, he should take down that force field of his.”
    “Larry, where are you??” the man in the suit calls out.
    The scientist pokes his head out from behind a garbage bin, still shaking a bit after all he’d just witnessed. “Hehe...right here, Jack.”

— — —

It is now Day 3! Votes lock in 48 hours.

Endgame - Ditto Doomsday
  • Day 3 Final Votals

4. @DarthWolf - 1 (TheCapsFan)
    5. @jdthebud - 0
    6. @Jinjo - 0
    7. @Elementar - 0
    8. @Pika_pika42 - 0
    9. @HumanDawn - 0
    10. @Thanos - 0
    14. @TheCapsFan - 6 (DarthWolf, Jinjo, HumanDawn, Elementar, jdthebud, Pika_pika42)

Endgame - Ditto Doomsday

The little girl wanders through the underground hall beneath the amusement park, past the control room seemingly left vacant in the hacker’s absence. She squeezes herself past some dripping pipes, ending up in a dark, discreet nook. “Yoohoo...little Pokémon...” she calls out in a faint, eerie voice. A small silhouette slinks towards the girl, making a goopy sloshing sound. “My uncle...is gone...so is his...spineless cousin...and I’m getting bored...with taking the Victini...you can have your fun now, little Pokémon...ehehehe...”

Above ground, Wolfrick and his Midnight Lycanroc have a Pokémon battle against the man named Jack and his Gallade; after the former had claimed the shiny Victini as his prize for assassinating the dentist, the latter man challenged him to said battle over custody of Victini. Jack and his Gallade emerge victorious in the match, causing Wolfrick to throw an angry fit of cussing and kicking things.
    Meanwhile, inside a large, covered sandbox/play fort called the Palossand Pit near the old children’s theater, the scientist named Larry and I plant four sandwich boards, marking the spots where the hacker, Blake, Max, and Ryota are now buried. The faded signs have the names of the fallen trainers scrawled onto them in permanent marker—the hacker’s being the one exception, with “Rest In Peace” inscribed on his makeshift gravestone in place of a name. We stand a moment in silent reverence of the victims of the plumber and dentist, whose own bodies were unceremoniously dumped at the island’s harbor earlier.
    “Well...what are you planning to do now?” Larry asks me. “We probably still have a bit of time before Officer ME apprehends that last culprit. And I’ve already got the dead trainers’ Pokéballs with me for safe relocation.”
    “I’m gonna go continue working on my way off this island,” I answer. “Wanna help?”
    “Actually...I thought I’d check out some rides before it’s time to leave,” Larry tells me. “You know, to, uh, test their structural integrity. See you around!”
    “Heheh, gotcha. See you later!” We each go in opposite directions through the amusement park.
    According to the sign above me, featuring cutesy images of a Bounsweet and Spoink, I arrive at “Bounce Alley,” a path lined with dusty, deflated bounce houses and similar inflatable playthings. I walk past a flattened Charjabug bounce house, floppy Wurmple obstacle course, and limp Lickitung slide among many others, before arriving at a rusty old storage building at the end. With my Dhelmise’s help, I bust into it, finding many large fans that would have been used to pump the inflatables full of air. I wheel many of these fans out on a flat cart and bring them to Dhelmise’s Swinging Anchor, where I get to work installing the fans on the bottom of the ride.

I finally secure the last piece of my modified carnival ride, and stand back to admire my work. The sky is beginning to get dark by now, and I can clearly see the blue, star-shaped pattern of lights on the revolving Super Shuriken in the distance, no doubt because Larry the scientist is riding it.
    Then, another ride lights up against the twilight, that ride being the Alolan Exeggutor drop tower. One of the yellow gondolas modeled after Exeggutor’s heads slowly rises to the top, with two figures inside of it. The taller of the two riders lifts a megaphone to his mouth. “Attention, please,” Officer ME’s voice booms. “I have most excellent news. Our remaining culprit has turned herself in. We can now safely take down the force field and leave! I repeat, we can finally l-EEEEEEEEEEEEAVE!!!!” The officer’s megaphone flies right out of his robotic hand as the drop tower’s gondola sharply descends, but everyone on the island can still hear the last syllable of his message as he screams it all the way to the bottom of the ride.

Jack, Wolfrick, Officer ME and I all meet outside of the amusement park entrance. With Officer ME is a little girl, wearing a picnicker outfit and a gleaming pair of handcuffs.
    “Wait, the last bad guy was a li’l girl??” Wolfrick blurts in disbelief.
    “She’s clearly a bit of a...disturbed child,” Officer ME explains. “Sad to see her get wrapped up in her uncle’s evil scheme, but rest assured that the Boarder Patrol will get her to people who can help her when we’re out of here.” With that, the officer leads the little girl to the Boarder Patrol helicopter and places her in the back.

TheCapsFan has forfeited the game!
    Dear TheCapsFan, you are the picnicker, one of Chidamari Sketch's characters in Capture the Shiny Victini. She is the plumber's quiet and sinister niece, and was enlisted by her uncle along with several other trainers to help him steal the shiny Victini. The picnicker's personality is largely a mystery since she rarely speaks, but she has been seen enjoying and exhibiting bouts of cruelty upon others. She owns, among other Pokémon, a Zoroark that has helped her play tricks on her uncle's rivals and hide amongst them in plain sight.

Since you can infiltrate and fool your enemies with your Zoroark's illusions, you are the Mafia Rolecop + Framer. Each Night, you may select a player to investigate. You will learn your target's role (but not necessarily their alignment). Alternatively, one Night phase during the game, you may select a player to frame. If your target is not a member of your faction, they will appear suspicious to a Cop if checked that Night. If your target is a member of your faction, they will appear unsuspicious instead. You are sided with the Mafia, and win once the Town and all other opposing factions are eliminated, or nothing can prevent this.

“So...shouldn’t Larry have deactivated that force field by now?” I ask Officer ME.
    “Yes, he should have,” replies the Boarder Patrol man. “I guess it’ll be ME taking care of that, then. Wolfrick, please watch the girl,” he requests before walking back to the amusement park.
    “Uh...aye aye?” The Lycanroc thug leans against the Boarder Patrol helicopter, holding his gun at rest by his side.
    “I’m going to see what’s keeping Larry and then head back to our helicopter with him,” Jack announces before carrying the shiny Victini into the park.
    Well, I guess it’s time for me to leave, too... I think. I step over the rusted main gate still lying on the concrete, and walk back to Dhelmise’s Swinging Anchor alone.

Officer ME and Jack walk through the center of the amusement park, where the device generating the force field had been sitting in the crater made by the plumber’s Celesteela. However, the two men instantly knew something was wrong, as several streaks of light indicated that the device hadn’t been deactivated, but moved to somewhere else in the amusement park. Officer ME and Jack follow the bluish-white trails of light to their source, which Larry seems to be holding as he tinkers with the Shiinotic Spinner, the large, pink ride with many seats dangling from the large “cap” on top. A panel opened up on the side of the ride reveals strange, futuristic machinery that doesn’t appear to belong there. The force field generator is now connected to several of the futuristic components by some wires. “Hey, what are you doing, Larry??” Jack calls out. “Quit messing around, it’s time to go!”
    “Oh, sorry...” Larry mutters in a deep voice and Russian accent he didn’t have before, smiling ominously. “...but I was waiting for you.” Suddenly, the scientist’s hands both morph into Dhelmise anchors, which he shoots out on chains to knock down and restrain the two men. Once Officer ME and Jack are ensnared in the chains, the anchors and excess lengths of chain melt into pink, gooey droplets, which then carry the shiny Victini to “Larry” seemingly of their own volition, and finally form back into the impostor’s hands. “Larry” then inserts the scared Victini into the open panel of the Shiinotic Spinner, where the mythical Pokémon is strapped in and pricked by needles. Fluid drawn from the shiny Victini’s bloodstream travels through some translucent tubes, mixing with other chemicals in a reservoir, creating a strange, pink solution inside the machine.
    “Y-you’re not Larry Jones!!” sputters Jack angrily from on the cold, hard concrete. “Who are you, and what are you doing?!”
    “I am doing something I was supposed to do...” responds the fake Larry. “...several decades into future.” He tucks in the force field generator, shuts the panel, and activates the swing tower. As the ride lights up, hums to life, and starts gyrating slowly, the impostor continues to speak. “I must thank the Black Mareep Corporation for their contribution to my success. While I could have rebuilt my machine here alone, given enough time, acquiring this extra piece of technology made it much easier task.”
    Finally spinning at top speed, the swing tower shoots a large, vertical beam of magenta light up at the top of the force field, while the smaller streaks of light streaming from inside the repurposed ride turn pinkish as well. The magenta light the machine is emitting changes the color of the entire force field, and the entire contained area is bathed in a strange energy.

“That doesn’t look deactivated...” I mutter from aboard the Dhelmise ride.

“What the hell??” Wolfrick exclaims. The little girl he’s guarding just giggles sinisterly.

Suddenly, Officer ME angrily breaks off his chains with his robotic arm. As his chains are reduced to violet goo, the officer sends out his Metagross to attack the false Larry. However, no sooner has Metagross emerged from its Pokéball when it freezes up, instantly succumbing to the bizarre, pink energy field. Metagross somehow liquefies, becoming a Ditto, which then turns around and glares at its own trainer maliciously due to the influence of the machine. “...Metagross?” Beads of sweat form on the concerned officer’s face. The Dittofied Pokémon then transforms into a Hydreigon and attacks Officer ME and Jack.

Thanos lost in endgame!
    Dear Thanos, you are Officer ME, Maniacal Engineer's character in Capture the Shiny Victini. Officer ME holds the distinction of being the first character to swipe the shiny Victini from somebody else, namely MegaPod. He commands guards of the Boarder Patrol, and repeatedly apprehends trainers as an excuse to get his own hands on the shiny Victini, collecting the Mythical Pokémon as "contraband."

Because of your occupation as an officer, you are the Town Cop. Each Night phase, you may select a player to investigate. You will find out whether your target is unsuspicious (sided with the Town or otherwise benign) or suspicious (sided with the Mafia or otherwise anti-Town). You are sided with the Town, and win once the Mafia and all other opposing factions are eliminated.

Jinjo lost in endgame!
    Dear Jinjo, you are Jack the Awesome, one of MassiveShock11's characters in Capture the Shiny Victini. Jack the Awesome is an undercover investigator and journalist who once infiltrated the plumber's group of cronies as a spy. However, he had been suspected all along, and was captured after the plumber was done humoring him. Later, Jack was revealed to be an associate of the mysterious Black Mareep Corporation.

As an investigative journalist who tracks down criminals to get the scoop on them, you are the Town Tracker + Reporter. Each Night, you may select a player to track. You will learn of every player your target visits that Night. Additionally, you may submit an "article" before the end of each phase, which will be published anonymously with the flavor text at the end of phase update, under the pen name Jack the Awesome. You are sided with the Town, and win once the Mafia and all other opposing factions are eliminated.

The fake Larry then proceeds to open up all of the dead trainers’ Pokéballs, which he’d swiped from the real Larry Jones beforehand, causing the hacker’s, Blake’s, Max’s, Ryota’s, the dentist’s, and the plumber’s teams of Pokémon to all turn into Ditto slaves. These Ditto then turn into Genesect and split into several swarms that fly off in different directions.

A chained up Larry Jones watches helplessly in terror as several Dittofied Pokémon in the form of Genesect fly towards the Ferris wheel he’s been trapped in, then blast his gondola to bits with a series of Techno Blasts.

jdthebud lost in endgame!
    Dear jdthebud, you are Larry Jones, one of MassiveShock11’s characters in Capture the Shiny Victini. Larry Jones is a scientist employed by the Black Mareep Corporation, a company specialised in developing futuristic technology. After getting fired for inadvertently causing a Cofagrigus to rampage in his laboratory, Larry was re-hired by the Black Mareep Corporation CEO, Frank, and tasked with obtaining the shiny Victini for research purposes. Larry was at one point revealed to be the inventor of the Dialgloves, the time-travel devices first seen used by the Ditto-nator to bring all of the game's players into the future. Larry has also been seen using other fancy gadgets to do his work, such as a flashbang grenade with mind-clearing properties and a Hyper Beam Cannon. He gets around with his signature Pokémon, a Goodra that has curiously developed wings and the capability to fly due to a genetic mutation.

Since you have an arsenal of specialised gadgets at your disposal, you are the Town Inventor. You start the game with 1×Dialgloves, 1×Flashbang,and 1×Hyper Beam Cannon. Once a Night, you may give one of your inventions to another player. Once recieved, the invention may be subsequently used once by the recipient instead of their normal action. The inventions' powers, once given to a player, are as follows:

———
    You have received Dialgloves! This time-travel device provides you with 1×Phase Resetter. Once during any phase of the game, you may reset. This will undo all of the events (Night actions, lynches etc.) of the previous Day phase and Night phase, and the game will resume from one full Day/Night cycle before the item's use.

You have received a Flashbang! This is a special version of the weapon with mind-clearing properties, so it provides you with a combined 1×Roleblocker/Psychiatrist. One Night phase during the game, you may select a player to stun instead of using your normal Night action. Your target will be prevented from using their own action that Night. Additionally, if your target is a Serial Killer, they will be reverted into a Town player.

You have received a Hyper Beam Cannon! This powerful weapon provides you with 1×Vigilante. One Night phase during the game, you may select a player to kill instead of using your normal Night action.
    ———

You are sided with the Town, and win once the Mafia and all other opposing factions are eliminated.

Wolfrick desperately tries shooting at the large congregation of Dittofied Pokémon, but it does nothing to stop their advance. The group of brainwashed Ditto all point their cannons at the thug and fire away.

Pika_pika42 lost in endgame!
    Dear Pika_pika42, you are Wolfrick, one of MegaPod's characters in Capture the Shiny Victini. He is ex-leader of a gang known as the Lone Wolves. He's more brawn than brains, and has a grudge against the plumber, whom he's tried many times to violently steal the shiny Victini from, only to be met with fierce retaliation ultimately resulting in the rest of his gang's demise. Wolf's signature Pokémon are his two Lycanroc, which he has tattoos of on his arms.

As a gun-toting, law-breaking (and not terribly bright) tough guy, you are the Town Macho Miller + 1×Vigilante. One Night phase during the game, you may select a player to kill. Also, due to your Macho modifier, you cannot be saved from getting killed by any means of direct protection. Finally, due to your Miller modifier, you will appear suspicious if checked by a Cop. You are sided with the Town, and win once the Mafia and all other opposing factions are eliminated.

I can’t believe this is happening all over again... I mutter in exasperation. Indeed, I’d been through something like this before in a past—or should I say, future event involving time travel. Having no choice but to confront the one behind this myself, I start up the modified Dhelmise ride. Thanks to the dozens of fans installed all over the ride, the whole thing begins to propel itself into the air. At the helm which I’ve added inside the anchor-shaped gondola, I steer my new Dhelmise airship towards the spinning Shiinotic swing tower at the heart of the gradually expanding energy field. By turning the airship sharply and swinging its gigantic anchor, I knock the swarm of Ditto coming at me away. As I approach the Shiinotic ride, I attempt to swing the Dhelmise airship at it as well and destroy it; however, the Ditto swarm changes from Genesect into Rotom, and they all take control of the fans making up my Dhelmise airship’s propulsion system before I can do so. The Dhelmise airship crashes down just yards away from the giant machine, and I crawl out of the wreckage to come face to face with the scientist, who drops his disguise and reveals his true form, an old nemesis of mine. “So, we meet again, MegaPod,” states the Ditto wearing shades. “Too bad for you that rotten plumber is not around to help you thwart me,” he taunts, an evil smirk briefly forming on his almost perpetually frowning face. “Soon, the entire world will be under the control of me and my Ditto army.”
    “How is this possible, Ditto-nator?” I ask. “We defeated you.You were extremely weakened...”
    “The hacker child who captured me was extremely useful tool for achieving my victory,” Ditto-nator responds. “I used him to bring me here, where I could recover my strength and rebuild my machine in peace. Then I lured the shiny Victini here with his cooperation. After that, it was simple matter of letting you foolish humans fight amongst each other while I finalized my grand plan. So here we are. I win. You lose.” I glance around at the swarm of Ditto in the form of Fan Rotom surrounding me, ready to mindlessly eliminate me at Ditto-nator’s command. “Now give me your Pokémon, MegaPod.”
    Without uttering so much as “no,” I dart forward, stepping on Ditto-nator and squishing him into the concrete, buying me a few seconds before he pops up again.
    “Get him,” the evil Ditto snarls coldly to his brainwashed lackeys. The controlled Ditto swarm closes in on me, fans buzzing threateningly. Ditto-nator laughs cruelly as I’m forced to the ground, and begins shapeshifting into a large, terrifying combination of Pokémon with a Torracat body and legs, Golisopod claws and head, and Aggron armor all over. The monstrous Ditto boss stomps over to me, rears up, and brings one giant paw down on my face.

DarthWolf lost in endgame!
    Dear DarthWolf, you are MegaPod, MegaPod's main character in Capture the Shiny Victini. MegaPod, as the game host's own character, was the first to stumble upon the impossibly rare shiny Victini. Though his zany plans tend to backfire on him, MegaPod has shown to improbably escape death numerous times. Starting early in the Victini game's story, he also pilots a Metapod-shaped airship of his own design.

Because of your death-defying tendencies and handy airship, you are the Town 1×Bulletproof + 1×Commuter. The first kill that reaches you will result in failure. Additionally, one Night phase during the game, you may choose to commute. You will be completely untargetable by any actions, but may not post during that Night phase. You are sided with the Town, and win once the Mafia and all other opposing factions are eliminated.

Upon Elementar’s death:

Dear DarthWolf, MegaPod's Braixen has died. In Capture the Shiny Victini, the loss of his Braixen caused MegaPod to go berserk.

Due to this new development, you are now the Serial Killer. Each Night, you may select a player to kill. In addition, you retain any previous abilities of yours you haven't consumed. You are now sided with yourself, and win once you are the last player alive, or nothing can prevent this.

Upon phase reset:

You have reverted to your original role!

HumanDawn has WON the game!
    Dear HumanDawn, you are Ditto-nator, one of MegaPod's characters in Capture the Shiny Victini. Ditto-nator is a malevolent Ditto from an alternate timeline. He has cool shades, a Russian accent, and a major superiority complex. Ditto-nator was first seen disguised as the future version of MegaPod in order to get closer to the shiny Victini, which he needed for his plan to turn every Pokémon in the world into mindless Ditto slaves turned against humans. Ditto-nator could transform into giant, powerful amalgams of Pokémon, making him especially hard for the plumber and MegaPod to thwart. He was sent millions of years back in time, but eventually resurfaced with a vengeance. The threat Ditto-nator could pose to the Pokémon world was ultimately nullified when he was critically injured by the plumber, causing his powers to be reduced to that of an ordinary Ditto.

Since you are an evil shapeshifter with your own plans to divide and conquer, you are the Independent Replacer. At Night, if you have not already done so successfully, you may select a player to replace. If successful, you will kill that player, while transferring any powers, modifiers, and items they may have to yourself. This action bypasses passive protection, but is affected by any other forms of protection. Additionally, information about your target's role will be omitted from their in-thread death announcement the following Day; only their role name will be revealed publicly. You are sided with yourself, and win if you survive until endgame, which will cause all other factions to lose.

Suddenly, my eyes shoot open. I look around, seeing the familiar albeit wrecked interior of my Metapod airship. An alarm blares loudly into my ears, though I can hardly bring myself to move. Then I sigh with relief. That didn’t really happen... I assure myself. ...none of it did. That Darkrai put me to sleep after all, didn’t it? I check the Metapod airship’s bridge for the shiny Victini, but it’s nowhere to be found. I run out of the bridge, ready to take back Victini and face whatever challenges await me next...

— — —

The game ended in a win for the Independent Replacer, HumanDawn!

Congratulations to our winner, and great game to everybody else who participated! I’ll probably post some comments of my own later, but for now, here’s some questions for the players.

Did you enjoy playing the game?

How was the setup of the game?

Bastard enough for ya? Too much?

Did you like the flavor text?

What would you have done differently (as a player or as a host)?

Would you consider playing another Mafia game by MegaPod?

I do feel the need to announce that, while I enjoyed hosting this game and have many future plans for other Mafia games to host, I probably won’t be hosting anymore for quite a while as I will be shifting my focus towards other things. But I am very happy to have finally done this, and I hope to do it again sometime in the future. Until then, I’ll probably still be playing TWR games here and there, so you can still expect to see me around.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back
    Top Bottom