• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Chaos Mafia III: - Endgame: The Last Spectre - town victory!

Status
Not open for further replies.
N1
Mafia said:
5% is what my role says.
Mafia said:
Ah. [redacted] I have no issue with this then.
Maniacal Engineer said:
It's not hindsight, it's hindlaser.
Mafia said:
Kill: [redacted] as discussed on Discord.

N2
Mafia said:
Oh hey I'm just going to post KILL: [redacted] as a placeholder since I really want him dead for some reason. G'night you lot, feel free to change this to someone who we should probably actually kill instead.
Mafia said:
Roleblock: [redacted]

Any objections?

N3
Huh, so either that kill on [redacted] didn't go through, a Doctor made a lucky guess or we've found our BP. Good to know.
Also, what might the difference between 'Complete BP' and just 'BP' be exactly, or are you not allowed to say?
Just posting this here for no apparent reason. Carry on.
-------------
Oh yeah I'm just going to say KILL: [redacted] as one of those placeholders thingies since it's like the only thing I'm really doing in this game.
-----------------------------------------
If no one else has submitted, I'll put these in as placeholders.

Yours Truly
Lone_Garurumon
Elementar

But please don't make this final until the actual time please.

Some words on the setup:
The duellist is a role I used before and was underused, and I wanted to give it another go. It was also one of the many counters to the 4 flying pumpkins.
The game had 4 pumpkins, Mafia and a potential serial killer: that's a potential for 6 kills in one night (unlikely) and an average of 4 kills a night assuming the SK was active and all 4 pumpkins shot straight after taking aim. The counters to this were Alex, who could theoretically dish out a vest every night making him essentially the town's Doctor, the pumpkins themselves, who had a 1 in 4 chance of getting a vest, the triforce of power, which was a backup for if Alex was scum or inactive, and the two roles that could not be killed by the pumpkins - naruto and the flash.
Kappa, the roleblocker and the vengeful vanilliser were scum's best cop counters.
Vanillas existed purely for balance reasons.
Item rules were made clear, and I'm disappointed in the number of people who didn't pass on their items - over half the game's items dropped out of circulation at the first possible point.
We were pretty lucky with the scum rand - almost all the roles scum had were useful, but not broken, excluding the vengeful but that was a punishment for relying too much on the cop. We'd agreed to re-rand if scum had more than one pumpkin, but they had the weakest of the 4 so we were happy with how that landed.
The base value of 5% accuracy for the pumpkins was purely to force them to take aim and activate their sanities.
The combined triforce was something that I was going to roll with if it happened - the holder could make a wish, and we'd grant it in a way that didn't break the game.
If you have any other questions about the setup, actions or logic, or want us to do ratings, let us know!

Woohoo, we did it! I think Zexy deserves a lot of credit for successfully organizing our efforts.
Thanks, I tried my best but Pika and I were lucky too in calling the Cop shots on 3 scum in a row; although whether lynching Sablaireau too soon was good or bad is debatable, they got us hard there :( I've seen a similar role in LotR mafia back in 2013 but this is much nastier.

Wow those items were cool too, some too strong some other nasty/chaotic but certainly fitting the theme.
Out of all the Chaos Mafia games there have been so far, this one, by far, has had the best setup and items.
Not totally sure as all 3 of them were pretty great, but this one sure was very cool! It also broke both trends of getting me lynched day 3 as scum and scum winning.

Can't say much about balance as the roles are randomly assigned alignments; I think it turned out fine in the end, though.

Thanks and congrats to all townies! Thanks to ME/Flop for hosting!

Not totally sure as all 3 of them were pretty great, but this one sure was very cool!
4 Flying Pumpkins, a Vengeful Vanilliser, a Duelist, an item that changes Vanilla Townies to Chocolate Townies, two different JOATs, and a custom made Completely BP Indep that flip/flops between Survivor and Serial Killer based on number of times they're shot at.

How is this not the best setup yet?

Lol I haven't noticed the SK part of Toko Fukawa :D Vanilla -> Chocolate Townie doesn't matter at all for my setup taste, and Duelist is a cool role but I've seen a cooler variant that actually challenges people to Showdown battles in U-Pick :) It's still a great setup though!

Lol I haven't noticed the SK part of Toko Fukawa :D Vanilla -> Chocolate Townie doesn't matter at all for my setup taste, and Duelist is a cool role but I've seen a cooler variant that actually challenges people to Showdown battles in U-Pick :) It's still a great setup though!
Excuse me I'll have you know that was mine too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom