• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: Character Development Den (Questions)

Brian Donnel, from Hunter^2 (an old project I've been meaning to get around to redoing): "Killed someone? Sure, loads, if you count Space Pirates. If you're just talking about humans, I guess I can name a few. I never particularly enjoyed the experience, mid you, but hey, bounty hunting is a dangerous profession. I do what I have to to stay alive and make a living. I try to focus on the 'Holy shit, I'm a bounty hunter!' aspect rather than the nitty gritty parts of it all."

"Call me nosy, but, who couldn't you live without? Asking for a friend, of course."

(Answering my own question in hopes that my favorite thread won't die!)

Marie Davies, from Chasing Fame: "Who couldn't I live without? That's rich. I don't have many friends, and my close family basically shuns me, so there's no solid answer here. I don't have time to make friends when I'm high tailing it from job to job just to make ends meet."

"So, uh... What's your dream job? Think you can pull it off? Lord knows I'm trying."

Annie, from Love and Other Nightmares: "My dream job? I wanted to be a therapist. Still do, I guess. Was pretty damn close to graduating with my degree before the stroke got in the way, so seems a bit silly to give up completely. But it feels as much of a pipe dream as everything else I've ever wanted. That's probably what I get for hoping my studies would teach me what the hell's wrong with me."

Think about something you've always wanted to do but haven't. Why haven't you done it yet?

Joshua Cook: I haven't found a girl who wants do that with me?

Evelina Joy: Joshua!

Joshua Cook: Oh, fine. I dun be wanting to go te the Orange Islands sometime, but ye know, the wallet never allowed it

Q: How do you like your eggs in the morning?

Last edited:
Lawrence Stephenson from PMD: Unequivocant- 'I like them scrambled with salt, pepper, and a bit of milk, then cooked until they're dry. Beats any other eggs any day.'

Question: Who, or what, was your first love?

Oh, I like these kinds of threads. And I only have one story, so that makes it easy... right?

Shane: Isn't it obvious? P-o-k-accent-e-m-o-n... Pokémon!
Tessa: If you really love it that much, then how do you not understand how you could be an ice-type? Or what a Jangmo-o is, for that matter?
Shane: Because that stuff is absolutely, one-hundred percent made up! There's no way that nonsense exists in the human world!
Tessa: But–
Shane: Next question!

Question: What's your favorite part about spring?

Brian Donnel, from Hunter^2: "Shit, I'm not usually planetside enough to get a real feel for the seasons nowadays. There's one thing I do know, though, and that's that there's a run down little bar on Aliehs III that does free drinks during the local university's spring break. I guess that's my favorite part."

"Let's see, what's your favorite place in the whole galaxy? Mine's a little spot in the middle of Skytown on kintsugi, but that's a story for another time."

"There are rather few places I like that wouldn't also have something painful about them... but I guess I just have to go with the room in the basement. It's where I've made some of my fondest memories, after all..." -Red Akai

"Do you consider yourself a good person?"

[GOOD. GOOD POKÉMON.] - Salem, purrloin.

"Good is something you can choose when you make a choice. Humans can make a choice, because they are powerful. A purrloin can choose small things. What spot to sleep in. Attention, or no attention. Things like this. I never was taught about good because purrloin can not choose good and bad. Many pokémon are like this. Now I have had change, I can choose to thief, or not to thief. To hurt or not to hurt. This is power. Sometimes I choose good things. Not always. I do not know what this means about me." - Salem, purrloin-morph.

"Everyone considers themselves justified, or if not justified, then excused. If I said I thought I was good, would that make me good? Would it make you believe I was good? If I said I was not good, would that mean I was worse than someone who believe they were good, or would it mean I was more ashamed of my wrongdoings? This is not a simple question. It is not a useful question. But sure, here is your answer: I am a good person." -
Salem, liepard-morph.

"What made you the way you are, and could you have turned out differently if not for that?"

Last edited:
Shane: What made me the way I am? Well, uh, how the heck should I know? I'm not even sure how I jumped worlds in the first place.
Tessa: *shakes head* That's not what the question's asking, doofus. Salem wants to know what went into your personality. Y'know... why are you such a big-mouthed, over-confident braggart with no filter whatsoever?
Shane: *wince* I... I didn't think I was that bad...
Tessa: Just answer the question, then.
Shane: Well... um... that's a bit... complicated. *pokes at the ground* I was just trying to be positive to make friends. Nobody likes a Negative Nancy... at least that's what my parents always told me.
Tessa: See? That wasn't so bad, right?
Shane: You better let me pick the question, then.

Question: are you a hot weather or a cold weather person?

Pixie, a very good guide fox:

Cold weather. Why is this even a question? You start overheating in warm weather, which is most weather in Alola, and want to find an air conditioned building to nap in during the day. Or at least be a day sleeper but humans are night sleepers and they insist on making everyone else follow their lead.

Skysong says she came from a place even warmer than here. You're pretty sure that is a literal hellscape and, for her sake, you're immensely glad she came to your only-borderline-hellish island. Glad for other reasons, too, of course. Because you don't think you would be a guide fox in Mexico. Even for her. And she's nice. Until she leaves you.

Q: Do you ever watch the night sky? Or the sunset or sunrise? Why or why not?

Dawn, from 213 (Which I will be posting as soon as I have a permanent computer again!): "The sunset is really pretty, especially where I'm staying now. There's a boy named Lucas living near me who says I'm crazy for wasting so much time staring at the sky instead of working. He's a bit of a workaholic, and it's kinda funny to see him panic when he realizes he's late, which he always is."

"Dreams are nice and all, but I don't see myself doing anything but waiting tables for a long time now. What's kind of situation are you in right now? How do you like it?"

Haley Zamor, from Flying in the Dark - "Well, I've got this itch to travel around Kalos, you know? I'm only eighteen, but I've got my pidgeotto and natu to protect me. I can catch more 'mons along the way, too! I just grew up homeschooled by my parents... and home's been the last place I want to be for a long while now. Tired of Joey's fingers shaking until it's nighttime and he sneaks some of Dad's Xanax out of the kitchen drawers, tired of Mom talking about her patients from work like they're her kids instead of us, tired of Dad telling me the whole damn world's out to get me. Tired of escaping to my grandma's house and crying into her shoulder but never seeing her stick up for me. Does that answer your question? I don't like it one bit, and I'm not sorry about it."

Question: What do you do when you're angry to help yourself calm down?

Lucas, from A World in Black and White (working title): I kinda... Don't. I've got a bit of a problem with my temper, and if someone pisses me off then I don't really calm down for a while.

Is there any kind of food you just can't stand?

Salem: "I don't think I'll ever get used to having to eat plant matter. It's one of the worst things about my new body."

Have you ever been betrayed? How did it happen?

Responding to the betrayal question whether or not another one was posted just before this.

You have been betrayed four times.

The first was necessary and within Mother's rights. She picked two children to raise and you were not one of them. You looked into her eyes at the bottom of The Mountain and you knew that there wasn't malice there. Just the course of nature.

You thought trainers were supposed to be, if demanding, at least nice. Your first trainer was neither of those things and you wound up bloodied on the side of a tropical road, a sea away from The Mountain.

The third traitor may have had malice. She may have not. She had promised to come back. It's hard to tell when someone breaks a promise like that, to do something in the boundless future.

The fourth brought an abomination into your home, showered it with praise and pushed you out in favor of her newer, nicer, less demanding toy.

The fifth betrayal will follow the fourth. It will come any day now and there's nothing you can do to stop it.

-Pixie, guidance

If a trainer, how do you pick out your team? If a human but not a trainer (and Pokemon exist), how would you? If a Pokemon, how do you pick your allies? If Pokemon don't exist, how do you pick your friends?

Morgan Myers, From Bleeding Edge: "Pokemon? You mean those games my grandpa used to talk about all the time? Man, That's a blast from the past. As for friends, I don't usually end up with a choice, I guess. Whoever I end up working with usually becomes a friend, in one way or another."

"Do you get nervous ever? I could really use some advice on how to keep my nerves in check during work."

"I can't remember a time when I wasn't nervous. Well, maybe when I'm asleep, nightmares can't hurt you, right? I'm on meds all the time and on good days I don't feel my body quivering and on bad days, well... Hey, what's that shadow doing there? Wait, are those.... ARGH!"
- Nogal (Two Perfect Cowards).

If you had to live a life away from Pokemon what would you do?

"Wild mon? Sure, can live without them. No more murkrow croaks at 3 am. No more ursaring to look out for in the woods. Though that would remove the excuse I have to carry my knife with me...

Fonz? Eh... he's handy to have around, but I'd be able to adapt.

My lord? Impossible. I'm His priest. To remove Him from my life would be to remove all meaning. I already tried that once... didn't work. And I don't ever want to go through that again."
- Red Akai, after Hunter, Haunted

"If you had to make the choice... which of your friends or family would you kill? Can't say 'none'. Gotta do it."

(Good grief, Canis, 2edgy4me)

A: "Right now, I don't think I have friends or family. Even the people who maybe are my friends would probably beat me in a fight if I attacked them. What is the purpose of this question? Is it to choose the friend I could most easily lose? I already know what it's like to lose my most important friend. This is pointless."
-Salem, purrloin hybrid

Q: "What have you lost which you most wish you could have back?"

Please note: The thread is from 7 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom